Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,401 members, 7,881,460 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (24049 Views)

10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless / Eyonigger Is A Useless Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nihilist: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
MrRenaissance: The dumbest post I've ever read since the history of NL. Religion/Tribalism is the bane of our existence in Nigerian. Such a pity.

Religion is actually the saving grace of millions of Nigerians...

At least Christianity and Islam offer the hope of a better life after enduring this one, a paradise that exists to compensate for the hell they live in, and the promise of divine intervention into their desolate affairs...

Imagine having to suffer the daily Nigerian grind without any hope of improvement?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
many people will say what have u done to effect this change we need, what can i do? What power do i have, i try my best to be fair in my dealings with my fellow country men, that's all i can do,like my state which is a PDP state, even if i and the majority of people in my ward vote for an honest and upright candidate from another party for ward councillor, the result will be doctored, and the PDP candidate will be declared the winner, what can we do, who can we report to?, is it the governor who had a hand in rigging that election, or the police who dey do wetin ogas at the top dey tell them, or the judiciary, who will adjourn the case till u are tired of going to court?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Chinwem(f): 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
timifakay: First i have never been out of Nigeria, but i know i have seen too many ills to last ten (10) life times.
Do most people talking about crimes like shooting spree realise that if in Nigeria majority of those shot won't have lived to that age? (malaria, thyphoid, yellow fever, diarrhea, cholera, malnutrition,road accident, fire accident, building collapse, flood are a few preventable things that cut lives short)
Polio has been cured since God knows when, it only occurs in less than 10 countries, of which Nigeria is one.
Our sense of reasoning is so warped, to the extent 90% of crimes appear as normal day to day activities to the average Nigerian.
It impossible to live in this country for 6 months without seeing a corpse spending atleast 2 days by the road, you can't travel 50km without seeing an accident that occured within the last week.
Novalgene (a strong pain killer has been banned since 2004) yet you can still get it over the counter in lots of medicine stores.
Everyone knows atleast five unemployed graduates and countless under employed graduates.
Our mindset is so corrupt the average youth uses silly, annoying, unreadable fonts on their mobile and yet expect to be taken serious. Getting a new accessory to project a rich image is more important than getting an income to most youths.

Here is something i once heard. “Anyone who runs a home successfully is good emough to be a state governor because he needs every ministry in his home“
Ministry of power- generator
water works- well or bore hole with pumping machine
education- lesson teacher
armed forces- mai guard, vigilante, african insurance...
The whole system is corrupt, myself inclusive.
The average Naija person doesn't see anything wrong with all i have said, and yet says he is about the change the nation.
We do not even know what needs changing.
Will continue later as my phone's battery is low... we all know why...

Well said
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by armyofone(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
I weep for Nigeria cry cry cry
Grown up kids sitting on the floor to learn/take exams? Shame on you Nigerian leaders!!

Shame on Bauchi state government.

Babymama1: Evidence of the decay and uselessness

JSS 3 students at Government Day Junior Secondary School in Gubi Bauchi State. Writing their third term examination on wednesday. (9/7/14).
Courtesy of NAN
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/photo-students-writing-exam-on-the-floor/

Go back to the 80s and 90s those classrooms had chairs and desks
Here we are in 2014, in the giant of Africa,mothers will send their grown kids to school and they sit with their clean uniforms on the floor
God punish Satan
We just dey backward match and una say make I no talk
Oya come and stop me

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
And the pitiful thing is after we have suffered in the hands of our politicians, police, fellow citizens etc,when we run to God to help us out, our Reverends and pastors who are supposed to be the moral conscience of our nation rip us off our little earnings, the hobnob with corrupt politicians, pray for them live on tv, and even campaign for them,
Nigeria is a jungle, even if u are cat, u have to pretend that u are a lion to survive here

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by maestroferddi: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
"A man who points to his ancestral home with the left hand is insulting no-one but himself" - An ancient African Proverb.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
MrRenaissance: The dumbest post I've ever read since the history of NL. Religion/Tribalism is the bane of our existence in Nigerian. Such a pity.
LOL

Okay na, lets keep living in self denial smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
maestroferddi: "A man who points to his ancestral home with the left hand is insulting no-one but himself" - An ancient African Proverb.
your proverb no tally abeg, we are talking about an ancestral village here,
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by maestroferddi: 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
ebamma: your proverb no tally abeg, we are talking about an ancestral village here,
Sorry o, but seriously; how old are you?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
ebamma: No arm of our government can be trusted, the executives are looting, the legislature are sharing ghana must go bags of money, our judiciary na dem dey collect bribe pass , our civil servants go to work only payday, we the ordinary people here, we are looking for new ways to each other off, a molue which is meant to carry three people will carry 4, so that the can make more money, the dont mind how inconvenienced u are, if u no like am go buy your own motor

Didn't you read about judges collecting from defendants, pant and bra as gifts to influence judgement
Judges that are supposed to be impartial o
A whole judge will decide on a case swayed by ordinary peteri

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
Before people think I'm lying
Here is the story
Supreme Court judges o
And you people say the country is redeemable
Maybe pant and bra from Dubai and America

S'Court judges not exempted from bribery: (How Nigerian judges are bribed)–Uwais panel

ISE-OLUWA IGE 30/10/2011 00:01:00

The Justice Muhammad Lawal Uwais Panel sitting in Abuja is sad upon discovering that some serving Nigerian judges have descended so low to accept underwear for their wives as bribe from either litigants or their counsel appearing before them, Sunday Mirror has authoritatively learnt.

An impeccable source who is also a member of the Justice Uwais panel also told our correspondent that the painful discovery by the panel also indicated that even justices of the Supreme Court are not exempted from the malaise.

The issue of corruption in the judiciary was discussed for a long time with both lawyers and judges exposing how articles of bribery are passed on to judges. Although the focus is on judges, senior legal practitioners including Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SANs) were heavily indicted.

Don't forget that the Uwais Panel is peopled by practising lawyers and judges who have either experienced first-hand, or, watched this corruption in its basest form perpetrated. ÒIt was revealed at the sitting of the Justice Uwais Panel that many SANs today seek the favour of judges of the High Courts and justices of both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court by giving them cash, hampers and Sallah rams during festive periods. ÒEven senior lawyers who want to become SANs by all means also engage in all these dshonourabe acts.

Justice Kayode Esho who said judges were like demi-gods during his time was almost crying at the point all these were being discussed. He felt very strongly that all these maladies must stop and that the recommendations of the Uwais panel must capture them,Ó the source disclosed.

Although the source would not want his name in print, President of the Nigerian Bar Association and member of the panel, Mr J B Daudu (SAN), however, confirmed it in Lagos while brainstorming with members of legal service organi zations including Legal Resource Consortium (LRC) on what should be the position of the bar and the civil society to Justice Uwais panel.

According to Daudu (SAN), the development in the legal profession is sad in that brilliance no longer matters to win a case but the ability of a lawyer to parley a judge.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NaijaElections/conversations/topics/35516
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ebamma(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Didn't you read about judges collecting from defendants, pant and bra as gifts to influence judgement
Judges that are supposed to be impartial o
A whole judge will decide on a case swayed by ordinary peteri

i also had a taste of how the nigerian courts work last month, when i had a case in court, since my case was bailable, i was granted bail by the magistrate, then the clerk told me to bring my surety, my lawyer took my surety to him, the asked for 2 passport photograph, he gave 'em, the asked for his tax clearance, he gave 'em, and other minor things,which he gave 'em all, after we paid the bail, the clerk told us that we should pay him 15k, that without that he won't take the bail form to the magistrate to sign, my lawyer told me to comply, i negotiated with him and at the end of the day i paid him 10k, before he took the form to the magistrate, as we were about to leave the court police guys blocked us, and told me to settle them, i parted with 1k, before the let me go

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by GboyegaD(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Meddler:

And I understand that. I'm also speaking from the perspective of someone who also lived and worked in the diaspora and decided to come back home (because I had a temporary lapse in judgment lol...kidding) we can choose to see only the bad or only the good in things. I like to see the good. Nigeria is bad because we are complacent. When she stood up to the customs officer after refusing to part with 10k that was her taking a stand but how any Nigerians would do that.
Everyone just wants the fast way. Just give them money and things get processed faster.
We have a voice in naija but no one wants to use it.

Let me give you just two of my experiences. I was home for an internship last summer and because I never really liked driving in the traffic, I leave home as early as 5am. One morning at Orile, I was flagged down by the police. He checked all my documents and everything was intact except one of the documents that was renewed whenever I got back home. I told him I had it but it wasn't with me and at some point, I told him I don't mind we going to the station so that I can park my car and then go home to bring the document. You needed to see the looks on his face. At the end of the day, I spent over an hour and his boss who came thereafter implored me to do whatever it is the guy wanted. It is highly pathetic and for me, in as much as things are not as good as we want it, the challenge still remains that it is getting worse with each passing day so I understand the pains of baby mama.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by GboyegaD(m): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Meddler:

I've never had that experience (Thank you Lord) and pray to never encounter them in my lifetime. I'm not saying there isn't insecurity in Nigeria but the insecurity we experience in Nigeria is also in America. Just because you haven't encountered it or non of your family members have does not mean it doesn't exist there as well.

Seriously? The insecurity in Nigeria is similar to that of the US shocked shocked shocked?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by toluene12: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

There is no affirmative action anywhere in the civilized world that calls a failing grade a pass
Prove me wrong
None
Blacks in the USA were an enslaved people,conquered ,shut out and not given a chance
That was meant to carry them along but it didn't change a failing grade to a pass like your country does

Did the Igbos ,Akwaibomites and Yorubas plus Benue indigenes ever conquer northern Nigeria ?
Were they ever enslaved by us
Did our forefathers humiliate them,lynch them or exclude them from schools and colleges
So tell me,what is the basis of granting them a special status ,converting their failures to passes and what is the origin of their poor testing grades?

You have a group of people that value Islamic writings above western education and Nigeria enables them by lowering standards to nothingness to accommodate them rather than insist that they shape up of ship out.

FYI affirmative action where it obtains does not give preference to blacks
It ensures a representation of minority groups like blacks,women,native Americans,the disabled ,in some settings ,whites and others from rural populations and other groups shut out from the workforce historically.
Please don't insult affirmative action by equating it to foolishness
You have to have a minimal passing grade to be considered
If affirmative action as it is applied in the USA was used,most of those northern states would not qualify.

babymama1, pls go and read about affirmative action.
Virtually every developed nation has a preferential program for its ethnic minorities especially in university enrolment.
In Germany, 30-35% of admision into gymnasien(preparatory university school) is based on lottery and not merit.
Eligibility for lottery is irrespective of primary school performance and such students may not be expelled from gymnasien even if they perform poorly.
This is to ensure students from poor socio- economic background have a fair chance of graduating from the school.
Special quota is also set aside for children of low income working class.
In canada, the canada employment equity act requires employers in federally regulated industries to give preferential treatment to aboriginal people, visible minorities and disables.
In most canadian university, people of aboriginal background normally have a lower entrance requirement and are elgible to receive scholarships.
We can see from the 2 countries mentioned above that affirmative action is not all about compensation for past discrimination, persecution or exploitation by the ruling class of a culture but a system that promotes fairness and balance in the society. It also adresses existing discrimination.
Although, i admit some countries e.g south africa and usa establish affirmative action to atone for past misdeeds.
Now coming back home, I want u to get something clear.
The inability of ur cousin or niece to secure admission into unity schools has nothing to do with the northern candidates low cut off marks.
Stiff competition from her colleagues in enugu, anambra and delta fizzled her out.
In short, ur cousin couldn't compete with her peers from the south.
Pure and simple. Stop blaming the poor nothern child.
Despite the ridiculously low marks for northern candidate in entrance exams into unity schools, they still dont get to fill up their slots. Therefore most of these spaces are re-allocated to southern candidates.
So tell me, how were u cheated?
U really need to stop behaving like the typical rural white american who blames black people for his failure to secure a fed. govt. job or his son's failure to enter an ivy league school. He simply believes those position were given to blacks who didn't merit it. He ignorantly thinks he was denied because of affirmative action.
Concerning education backwardness in the north, passive approach rather than aggressive policy by succesive govt to promote education is the problem n not any preference for islamic education.
For example, i see no reason why the medium of instruction in northern schools(from pry to tertiary) cannot be in arabic or hausa.
They can equally write their waec or jamb in arabic or hausa.
Its not a must u're educated in english.
The most important thing is to be educated n stop being ignorant.

Finally, u came here and started ranting, cursing, and displaying emotions about a system u dont understand. U even have a poor knowledge of the system u claim u are staying.
If truly u're passionate about naija, why dont u ask questions or express ur concerns about the present state of the nation in a civil and matured manner, rather than displaying the typical egoistical american like know-all syndrome on this forum.
My piece of advice; dont be hoodwink into accepting any political appointment in the guise of nigerians in diaspora, or else ur own case go worse pass Magnus kpakol.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by timifakay(m): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nigeria is so failed a country to the extent, primary school teachers help their pupils cheat, a method i know they use is by writing answers on the back of wooden rulers they enter into the common entrance exam hall with.
Instead of reading, WAEC candidates surf the internet for websites they can view the qnswers to theor next paper, they google questions right inside the exam hall.
Secondary students will find it easier to narrate 5 series to you than stating the 5 laws of motion. The list goes on but i will pause here.

The youth and middle aged prefer their lives and future in the hands of senior citizens (age 60 and above) who won't live long enough to experience the full ripple effects of our future that‘s being mortaged, than having the power to make decisions in their own hands.

Nigeria and Nigerians are just a typical example of a failed society.
We are suffering and smiling.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
toluene12:

babymama1, pls go and read about affirmative action.
Virtually every developed nation has a preferential program for its ethnic minorities especially in university enrolment.
In Germany, 30-35% of admision into gymnasien(preparatory university school) is based on lottery and not merit.
Eligibility for lottery is irrespective of primary school performance and such students may not be expelled from gymnasien even if they perform poorly.
This is to ensure students from poor socio- economic background have a fair chance of graduating from the school.
Special quota is also set aside for children of low income working class.
In canada, the canada employment equity act requires employers in federally regulated industries to give preferential treatment to aboriginal people, visible minorities and disables.
In most canadian university, people of aboriginal background normally have a lower entrance requirement and are elgible to receive scholarships.
We can see from the 2 countries mentioned above that affirmative action is not all about compensation for past discrimination, persecution or exploitation by the ruling class of a culture but a system that promotes fairness and balance in the society. It also adresses existing discrimination.
Although, i admit some countries e.g south africa and usa establish affirmative action to atone for past misdeeds.
Now coming back home, I want u to get something clear.
The inability of ur cousin or niece to secure admission into unity schools has nothing to do with the northern candidates low cut off marks.
Stiff competition from her colleagues in enugu, anambra and delta fizzled her out.
In short, ur cousin couldn't compete with her peers from the south.
Pure and simple. Stop blaming the poor nothern child.
Despite the ridiculously low marks for northern candidate in entrance exams into unity schools, they still dont get to fill up their slots. Therefore most of these spaces are re-allocated to southern candidates.
So tell me, how were u cheated?
U really need to stop behaving like the typical rural white american who blames black people for his failure to secure a fed. govt. job or his son's failure to enter an ivy league school. He simply believes those position were given to blacks who didn't merit it. He ignorantly thinks he was denied because of affirmative action.
Concerning education backwardness in the north, passive approach rather than aggressive policy by succesive govt to promote education is the problem n not any preference for islamic education.
For example, i see no reason why the medium of instruction in northern schools(from pry to tertiary) cannot be in arabic or hausa.
They can equally write their waec or jamb in arabic or hausa.
Its not a must u're educated in english.
The most important thing is to be educated n stop being ignorant.

Finally, u came here and started ranting, cursing, and displaying emotions about a system u dont understand. U even have a poor knowledge of the system u claim u are staying.
If truly u're passionate about naija, why dont u ask questions or express ur concerns about the present state of the nation in a civil and matured manner, rather than displaying the typical egoistical american like know-all syndrome on this forum.
My piece of advice; dont be hoodwink into accepting any political appointment in the guise of nigerians in diaspora, or else ur own case go worse pass Magnus kpakol.

You need not educate me
Show me where someone with an equivalent grade of 2 got into a school where another person with 138 of a difference ethnicity couldn't get into.
The rest of your garbage is not worth responding to
Exams should be in Arabic,you have now gone from a joke to a full fledged comedy
Like it would make a difference
You must be the only person that doesn't know that aboriginal people were disenfranchised and still are
Why don't you suggest that they train Arabic geography and math teachers plus English teachers
Funny
Hausa is now an ethnic minority ( yes I know there are other minorities in the north)
Ibibio,Annang,Edo ,eket ,Urhobo,Itshekiri ,and all the minorities in the south are not ethnic minorities enough
Their geographical location disqualifies them
Mschtwwww

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2014
ebamma: i also had a taste of how the nigerian courts work last month, when i had a case in court, since my case was bailable, i was granted bail by the magistrate, then the clerk told me to bring my surety, my lawyer took my surety to him, the asked for 2 passport photograph, he gave 'em, the asked for his tax clearance, he gave 'em, and other minor things,which he gave 'em all, after we paid the bail, the clerk told us that we should pay him 15k, that without that he won't take the bail form to the magistrate to sign, my lawyer told me to comply, i negotiated with him and at the end of the day i paid him 10k, before he took the form to the magistrate, as we were about to leave the court police guys blocked us, and told me to settle them, i parted with 1k, before the let me go

That is Nigeria for you
And people are pained that you dare write these things
A useless place where nothing works and every arm of government is rotten to the core

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by GboyegaD(m): 12:44am On Jul 11, 2014
tintingz: Thank you @ bolded.

Did you both read this from history or it is just our usual way of concluding on things we have no idea about?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 5:34am On Jul 11, 2014
GboyegaD:

Did you both read this from history or it is just our usual way of concluding on things we have no idea about?
Reading a story about Abraham Lincoln he wanted to abolish slavery but the leaders in the house are against it.

Were women allow to vote in the 1920s? women were like second class citizen then this triggered the protest of the women's suffrages.

[img]http://terrycato.files./2013/07/man-spanking-wife.jpg?w=600&h=600[/img]
This is how women were treated in America. grin

This is how blacks were treated in America.

So tell us was america in the past the same as america of today? I can tell you that they(Americans) went through what we Africans are going through.

Yea America is first-world nation that makes we Africans useless and to lick their aszes. grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 5:49am On Jul 11, 2014
America is all beautiful like paradise. grin

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by GboyegaD(m): 5:53am On Jul 11, 2014
tintingz: Reading a story about Abraham Lincoln he wanted to abolish slavery but didn't the leaders in the house against it?

Were women allow to vote in the 1920s? women were like second class citizen then this triggered the protest of the women's suffrages.

[img]http://terrycato.files./2013/07/man-spanking-wife.jpg?w=600&h=600[/img]
This is how women were treated in America. grin

This is how blacks were treated in America.

So tell us was america in the past the same as america of today? I can tell you that they(Americans) went through what we Africans are going through.

Yea America is first-world nation that makes we Africans useless and to lick their aszes. grin

I feel your pains though. America never took us as slaves without the help of our greedy monarchs who sold us so cheaply for the sake of mirrors which tells you how terrible we have been since ages. To the issue at hand, we got our independence at some point where there had been modern civilization yet, we refuse to harness the benefits of technology because we like our leaders are controlled by our greed. This is the very reason we support mediocrity and sell our votes for 4 Dericas of rice and hide under the guise of hunger.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by rozayx5(m): 5:59am On Jul 11, 2014
Babymama1:

You can't imagine how many people Nigerian doctors and nurses have murdered
Yes
Murder is the word
A patient is rushed to the hospital,first thing they do is put " drip" dextrose saline
They have killed so may diabetics and undiagnosed diabetics and hypertensive patients by overloading them with salt and sugar
One drip after another
They killed my friends father that way
The stupid doctor won't even talk with his children calling from the USA,one a doctor himself
He warned them not to use any infusions ,nobody had a diagnosis ,no tests,no scans,nothing
What are they treating

A man will walk into a Nigerian hospital with his two legs and go out in a shiny box through the mortuary.

That is why they gave blood to your father in law ,they don't know what they are doing most times
Since the patient is paying,they have to pretend to be doing something till the patient does and they will say it is God's wish
As long as money is coming,they will watch a patient die and help kill him without ever admitting they don't know how to handle the case
That is how heartless our people are.

the same US doctors who killed Dora with misdiagnosis undecided
or is it not the same US which is plagues with psychopaths, who can go on a killing spree at anytime undecided
Only God protects, Nigeria is not functioning well, we know , but dont try and make the US look like heaven.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by rozayx5(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2014
My advice to people in the diaspora is just enjoy where you Stay, when you left the country i believe you left your past behind so focus on your future and help build the USA, have a nice day cool

things are not functioning that well in Nigeria but calling Nigeria Useless is way out of it.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:14am On Jul 11, 2014
GboyegaD:

I feel your pains though. America never took us as slaves without the help of our greedy monarchs who sold us so cheaply for the sake of mirrors which tells you how terrible we have been since ages. To the issue at hand, we got our independence at some point where there had been modern civilization yet, we refuse to harness the benefits of technology because we like our leaders are controlled by our greed. This is the very reason we support mediocrity and sell our votes for 4 Dericas of rice and hide under the guise of hunger.
America have been civilized for a long time before they came to Africa so tell me how are they treating their women then?

Why did they have to trade humans.

we are talking about america of the past and present.

Maybe we should discuss about america and how they develop.

As for our leaders I have talked about it, we need change, a revolution.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 11, 2014
rozayx5:

the same US doctors who killed Dora with misdiagnosis undecided
or is it not the same US which is plagues with psychopaths, who can go on a killing spree at anytime undecided
Only God protects, Nigeria is not functioning well, we know , but dont try and make the US look like heaven.

And you got that verdict from nairaland? What hospital was it? Did Dora's family tell you that?
Mschtwwww
Una see am?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by rozayx5(m): 6:17am On Jul 11, 2014
Babymama1:

And you got that verdict from nairaland?
Mschtwwww
Una see am?

Please hold your peace, enjoy the US and leave us alone, Stayed in Sweden which is far better than the US and been in Nigeria and am not dead
Nigeria is useless to you, so enjoy the useful US
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
rozayx5:

Please hold your peace, enjoy the US and leave us alone, Stayed in Sweden which is far better than the US and been in Nigeria and am not dead
Nigeria is useless to you, so enjoy the useful US

Ok
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by rozayx5(m): 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
red101: I wouldn't call Nigeria useless because where there is God,there is hope. But your stories are on point. Nigeria has a long ways to go. Pay no mind to the people who are criticizing you or calling you unpatriotic because like you said, "you need to be away from Nigeria to see it."

she could have made her point without insulting the country in general, or people dont have bad experiences in the US?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 11, 2014
tintingz: America is all beautiful like paradise. grin

grin grin

Your own links tell me the first picture is UK most likely to be demolished
The second picture shows areas marked for demolition and condemned for habitation ,you can see the sign on the wall and from the cars that must have been in the 60s.
Show us a picture of your village in the 60s grin grin

No one lives in those areas
Try another tale
Makes you feel better I guess
Majority of Nigerians live in worse places and would shout halleluia to live in a place like those

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by rozayx5(m): 6:36am On Jul 11, 2014
jumzzy448: Calling Nigeria useless is a strong word to use IMHO, but to be truthful, all what you said is the truth. I know we truly have a long way to go.

If everyone decides to run away from Nigeria, then who would be left to make it a better place.

Turning the country for better starts with you and I.

dont mind her, so Nigeria is useless i should now run to the US for "greener pastures" grin grin grin
would rather have stayed back in scandinavia or in East africa than to get shot by a Psycho high on drugs
living in a country that is the largest cocaine market in the world is enough to get me worried, the amount drug related crimes in the US is out of the roof, was reading how the police discovered a torture cell on yahoo yesterday, the guy killed 20 women in his apartment over a period of some months, the neighbours did not even know shocked
later someone will come and yapping mouth anyhow
is the US safe? NO
would rather stay in Japan
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 11, 2014
rozayx5:

dont mind her, so Nigeria is useless i should now run to the US for "greener pastures" grin grin grin
would rather have stayed back in scandinavia or in East africa than to get shot by a Psycho high on drugs
living in a country that is the largest cocaine market in the world is enough to get me worried, the amount drug related crimes in the US is out of the roof, was reading how the police discovered a torture cell on yahoo yesterday, the guy killed 20 women in his apartment over a period of some months, the neighbours did not even know shocked
later someone will come and yapping mouth anyhow
is the US safe? NO
would rather stay in Japan

U never begin cry
Go buy a dozen hankies
You will soak all 12

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Drowns In A River In Katsina-Ala, Benue While Swimming With Friends / 300 Houses Submerged, As River Benue Overflows Its Banks / Speeding Driver Crashes His Vehicle In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.