Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,283 members, 7,950,471 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Brazil Boots Cafu Out Of Dressing Room - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Boots Cafu Out Of Dressing Room (1190 Views)

Eagles Dressing Room Gist (pic) / Emmanuel Adebayor Dancing 'Azonto' In Real Madrid Dressing Room / Defeat: We Found Charms In Our Dressing Room – Nigerian Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Boots Cafu Out Of Dressing Room by coded01: 1:12am On Jul 10, 2014
Brazil legend Cafu was expelled from the Selecao dressing room in the aftermath of their 7-1 World Cup semifinal defeat at the hands of Germany on Tuesday evening.

The two-time World Cup winner - who made 142 appearances for Brazil during his active career - visited his compatriots after their humbling defeat in an attempt to console them, yet was unceremoniously told to leave by CBF president Jose Maria Marin.

"President Marin said he didn't want any strangers in the dressing room," Cafu told ESPN. "I told him I'm no stranger. I was only there to embrace the boys, to give them some comfort. I didn't want to talk about anything else. I was only there because the boys needed support, that's why I came to the dressing room.

"I was surprised that I was practically expelled from the dressing room. Humbly, I left the changing room. I endured a similar thing back in 1998 and I know what a World Cup defeat feels like. I knew the boys needed some attention and needed to be comforted at that moment. I wasn't there for self promotion, I don't need this kind of thing. I went to give a hug to Felipao and [Carlos Alberto] Parreira."

Brazil will meet either Netherlands or Argentina in the third-place playoff in Brasilia on Saturday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brazil-boots-cafu-dressing-room-105500565--sow.html?soc_src=copy

Re: Brazil Boots Cafu Out Of Dressing Room by coded01: 1:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Its a shame to think Cafu a 2-Time World Cup Champion would be booted out like a "stranger" as he was labelled... embarassed

Why do all these Football Federations around the world behave like they are so......................................... angry

All they care about is the FIFA Money shared every now and then --- To treat someone that meant no harm like him is unacceptable... angry

To do this to a Player that brought JOY to the Brazilian faithfuls and lovers of football is absolutely wrong & should not be condoned ... angry

Re: Brazil Boots Cafu Out Of Dressing Room by owobokiri(m): 2:32am On Jul 10, 2014
Remember when Alex Akinyele used to have a running battles with westerhof on who will give the boys some real talk during the half time. Thank god a no nonsense westerhof finally had his way. Orji kalu usually sat at Enyimbas bench dishing out instructions when things get hard for the aba boys. . . Those days

(1) (Reply)

DEBATE: Emmanuel Emenike A Boxer Not A Footballer / Tottenham Hires English Teacher For Musa Yahaya / WAS THIS THE GREATEST BENCH EVER?? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.