Stats: 3,173,221 members, 7,887,593 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:04 AM

Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest (1996 Views)

Nigerian Troops Capture Boko Haram, Kill 27 Militants In Hildi, Balmo Forest / Army Find Armouries Underground In Balmo Forest / PHOTOS : Military Clear Terrorists In Balmo Forest, Foreign Mercenaries Captured (2) (3) (4)

Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by zutu(m): 1:35am On Jul 10, 2014
INSURGENCY: Army finds
links to politicians in Balmo
Forest
on july 10, 2014 at 1:00 am in
news
Facebook Share Twitter Share
You might also like
By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau
Chief
ABUJA—Some prominent
politicians are presently being
interrogated following the
discovery of their identity cards
and other incriminating items
when troops destroyed
terrorists’ camp in Balmo Forest,
Bauchi State last week.
The Coordinator of the National
Information Centre, NIC, Mr.
Mike Omeri, told newsmen in
Abuja, yesterday: “Following the
last successful operation carried
out by security forces to
dislodge terrorists from their
forest bases in Darazo Local
Government Area end of Balmo
Forest, some politicians are
currently being interrogated
following the recovery of some
sensitive registration cards and
other materials of a prominent
political party that were found in
the possession of some of the
suspects arrested.
“Those who are being
interrogated are prominent
politicians belonging to a
frontline political party. Troops
even recovered the identity
cards of some of the politicians.”
He, however, declined to
mention any particular party.
Faults pro-Chibok girls groups
Omeri, who has been
coordinating information
regarding the efforts towards
finding the Chibok schoolgirls,
decried the activities of some
organisations and individuals
championing the cause of the
abducted girls as, according to
him, they were aiding
insurgency in the country.
He said: “Some of these groups
are augmenting and
supplementing terrorists by their
activities because they create
diversion for security operatives
from promptly responding to
insurgent activities.”
Responding to a question, Army
spokesman, Major General Chris
Olukolade insisted that the
military and other security
agencies were getting results in
their fight against terror.
He noted that the regular arrests
of terrorists and their backers
were indicative of such results
which should be encouraging to
all Nigerians.
He said: “Nigerians should be
assured that there is hope of
finding and bringing back the
girls; there is hope that the
terrorists will be defeated and
good progress is being made.
“We told you earlier that over
250 sorties have been flown
while President Goodluck
Jonathan once announced that
over 20,000 troops have been
deployed.”
‘BringBackOurgirls deceives
public’
Spokesperson for the
Department of State Services,
DSS, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, accused
the BringBackOurGirls
campaigners of turning the issue
into a franchise.
She said: “BringBackOurGirls
movement has become a
franchise and security forces
know what they are up to. If it is
an ordinary movement seeking
to pile pressure on government
or security agencies to free
these girls, there will be no need
for the group to begin to have
tags and insist that you must be
registered.
“Security forces also know that
they have bank accounts. We
also know that they want to
simulate a protest march inside
Asokoro Extension in Abuja and
claim that they were doing so
inside Sambi-sa Forest, to be
reported in some foreign media.
Getting security training
“We also know that they brought
in some experts from outside
the country to teach them how
to beat security when they are
demonstrating; to withstand
police teargas and security
operations. We are waiting to
see when these things would
work.
“We also know that they are
dividing themselves into groups
and zones giving each other
specific assignments.
“They were also paying courtesy
calls to money bags to solicit
support. It is getting very
ridiculous, but we are still
watching.
“There is no need to hire people
to come and claim that they
have children among the girls
that were abducted. It has
become a franchise or why
would those involved in the
movement decide to carry out
smear campaign against certain
government officials?
“If we have to fight for our
rights, let us genuinely fight for
our rights by being more
transparent.” Source www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/insurgency-army-finds-links-politicians-balmo-forest/
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Jakumo(m): 4:30am On Jul 10, 2014
Just go ahead and mention the name of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden of the "Blood will flow" fame, since the whole word knows that critter to be a terrorist instigator and financier.
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by anago18(m): 4:38am On Jul 10, 2014
this fvckheads ain't smart one bit. so politicians will go to a terrorist den and drop their identity card. abeg sell me another lie joor.

Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Nobody: 4:45am On Jul 10, 2014
We need names to show your seriousness, Mr. Omeri. It's rather ironical to me how Janjaweedians will leave a trace such as identity cards with their boko boys undecided
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by idu1(m): 5:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo: Just go ahead and mention the name of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden of the "Blood will flow" fame, since the whole word knows that critter to be a terrorist instigator and financier.
SENSELESS

Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by LordMecuzy(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Must u expose all ur findings?

Must d whole world know there are links?

Why not be quiet n make arrest 1st

Mtscheeeeeew
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by birdman(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2014
i wont hold my breath. gej has shown a willingness to implicate political opponents whenever it suits him, even without evidence.

Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Jakumo(m): 5:40am On Jul 10, 2014
idu1: SENSELESS is my middle name

Please accept my condolences on your condition referenced above. Hopefully you will regain your senses before long. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Chibaba247(m): 5:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Dis ppl kn get sense as per d id card mata,did d politician id card drop from his pocket in d forest wen he was runnin from d soldiers or hw wud they explain dat?
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by seankafor(m): 6:22am On Jul 10, 2014
BUT ALL THOSE POLITICIANS THEY CAUGHT (IF THERE ARE ANY) MAY BE SYMPATIZERSN...BUT THE MAIN QUESTION I KEEP ASKING IS THIS.. IF U HAPEN TO GET URSEF INVTHEIR SHOES MAYBE UR LOVED ONE OR FAMILY MEMBER IS HELD HOSTAG AND WHAT WILL FREE THEM IS FOR U TO SUPPLY LET ME SAY MONEY, IF U REPORT IT THEY WILL BE KILLED...WHAT WILL U DO? WILL U OR WILL U NOT OBEY THIER ORDERS AND DEMANDS?
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by slimthugchimee(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2014
I hope no one cums here to ask for names cuz even this information they gave out is not supposed to be giving out. If they find out they could change all leave everything those politicians no about them
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by anago18(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo:

Please accept my condolences on your condition referenced above. Hopefully you will regain your senses before long. Thanks for sharing.

you are already sounding like a broken gramophone, with this your age long one liner. how about shoving it in your black craw craw infested a$$ niggi.
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by adanduka: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2014
So they'll incriminate themselves by physically going to the forest and then leaving their identities behind?
There was a country!
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by wheesin(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2014
seriously wale adenuga needs to buckle up..this story sells more than superstory undecided
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by otokx(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2014
wheesin: seriously wale adenuga needs to buckle up..this story sells more than superstory undecided

That is eh
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Dymaco(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2014
Divide nigeria pls.....
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Jakumo(m): 10:31am On Jul 10, 2014
anago18:
I am here to express my support for the concept of turning Nigeria into a fundamentalist amputation republic, like my mentor Buhari of the sore election loser fame. In my spare time I torture small animals to death, and I hate everyone who hates my Ayatollah.

Thank you for the above declaration, Anago. You are absolutely right that Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden stands out from the crowd, both in terms of his demonic character, as well as his desperate ambition to be the last of "Nigeria's Born to Rule" treasury-looting class.

It is not too late for you to repent your misdirected ways, good sir. Join TODAY the forces of righteousness who will not flag or relent until that glorious day when the living world FINALLY bids farewell to that demented scare-crow looking muffuguh Buhari. Join the RIGHT side Young Grasshopper, and all your mortal sins, including your blurting out those angry words of confession above, will be forgiven in the spirit of reconciliation.

Buhari must go NOW !

Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by anago18(m): 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Jakumo:

Thank you for the above declaration, Anago. You are absolutely right that Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden stands out from the crowd, both in terms of his demonic character, as well as his desperate ambition to be the last of "Nigeria's Born to Rule" treasury-looting class.

It is not too late for you to repent your misdirected ways, good sir. Join TODAY the forces of righteousness who will not flag or relent until that glorious day when the living world FINALLY bids farewell to that demented scare-crow looking muffuguh Buhari. Join the RIGHT side Young Grasshopper, and all your mortal sins, including your blurting out those angry words of confession above, will be forgiven in the spirit of reconciliation.

Buhari must go NOW !

usual balderdash from the deranged lost soul. it obvious you od'ed on amphetamine at infancy. fvck off my mentions blockhead.
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by mencade5(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
h
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by Ikengawo: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Security forces also know that
they have bank accounts. We
also know that they want to
simulate a protest march inside
Asokoro Extension in Abuja and
claim that they were doing so
inside Sambi-sa Forest, to be
reported in some foreign media.
Getting security training
“We also know that they brought
in some experts from outside
the country to teach them how
to beat security when they are
demonstrating; to withstand
police teargas and security
operations. We are waiting to
see when these things would
work.
“We also know that they are
dividing themselves into groups
and zones giving each other
specific assignments.
“They were also paying courtesy
calls to money bags to solicit
support. It is getting very
ridiculous, but we are still
watching.
“There is no need to hire people
to come and claim that they
have children among the girls
that were abducted. It has
become a franchise or why
would those involved in the
movement decide to carry out
smear campaign against certain
government officials?
Re: Army Finds Links To Politicians In Balmo Forest by tandj: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
No need watching AM any more cheesy nigerian political scenes has it all!

Top 10 Most Bizarre Military Experiments Ever Conducted / Boko Haram speaks on cease fire, chibok (Video) - CramJones / Photos Of River Benue I Snapped 4rm Different Views During My Trip 2 Benue State