Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,194 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Problem Implementing Css - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem Implementing Css (686 Views)

Help igot my AdSense but I have problem implementing / Implementing A Paypal Payment System? / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Implementing Css by meekas(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
Somebody please expalin what is css and aw to implement it. thanks
Re: Problem Implementing Css by yawatide(f): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2008
I will give you theory. You can visit a place like w3schools for the rest:

CSS is a way of separating presentation from content. Content would be your HTML and presentation would be stuff like "<strong></strong>" for example. By separating content from presentation, you get many advantages:

1) You stay clear of tables (unless for tabular data of course) which helps reduce page download times

2) Your code looks cleaner (how many times have you had to implement nested tables? How hard was it for you forget to close a TD for instance and how much time did it take you to find the forgotten TD?)

3) You code to web standards which implies that your pages will look the same irrespective of browser or PDA.

4) Your code is more abstracted and object-oriented (due to the separation of content from presentation - easier to maintain)

That's pretty much it. As I said, if you visit a place like w3chools, you will see examples of how to implement.

Others are free to add to this. Thanks.
Re: Problem Implementing Css by quadrillio(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2008
meekas, I will tell you how it works when see.
Re: Problem Implementing Css by Bossman(m): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2008
From your title it sounds like you have some CSS and it's not working. Anyway, you have got very good info already from yawa-ti-de. As she said, go here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_intro.asp

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want A Successful Online/offline Business / Websites Builders - What's Your Charge / Possible Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.