Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,231 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:43 AM

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) (64619 Views)

The Real Heroes Of 2015...To Those Who Have Fallen & Those Who Still Burn(pics) / Continuation of "FALLEN" Photol Novel Uploaded A Love Story by browngarri / The Angele Of The Fallen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Fear is a destroyer, it can make someone to die before his time. I remembered when we heard of acid rain about to rain in nigeria. Even though the rain did not actually fall anywhere in nigeria, people still died from the news alone. Infact somewhere in the country during the period of the news, when rain was about to fall, a woman for the fear of acid rain crossed the express without watching and was knocked down by a car, she died instantly.

Joy and Jude were dragging for spot behind the kitchen door. Even though Joy didn't know the cause for the race, she still had to hide.
There is a popular saying that " prevention is better than cure. "
In her own case she was preventing the unknown from affecting her.

" joy is fair in complexion in her early twenties, she is just an inch taller than Jude is stands at 5ft 9inch.
Her skin seems to be glittering anytime she walks under the sun. Her dark long hairs are something else. She has a tooth gap that compensate her oval face.
She has this bottle shape that seems to be making bad guys to miss their steps. That's the reason she normally has a hard time attending lectures alone if her two bodyguard Jude and Chuks are missing in action.
In conclusion, if you have ever come across a phrase that says " fine girl no pimples. " then you might be tempted to say that it's Joy they are referring to.

" guy na wa for una o, since wey i dey here dey knock nobody even pity me sey make e answer " the person knocking on the door lamented after knocking like eternity.

" Adebayor!!, the son of Obasenjo. So na you wan pull down our door like that? " Chuks hale from behind the cupboard at the same time coming out of his hiding place.

It's not that Adebayor's surname is Obasenjo, it's because of the structure of his face that made his friends to nickname him " the son of Obasenjo. "

" go out first " Joy said to Jude.

" No way, you go out first, since you are my elder sister " Jude replied.

" Because there's trouble now, you've suddenly realise that i'm your elder sister. Go out jor!! "

" No way o, you people have always been saying that it's ladies before gentlemen. Now the hour has come to show it. " jude defended.

Jude and Joy were at the back of the kitchen door arguing on who to take the lead.

" get out of my way!!, you coward of a brother!! " Joy spat out and came out from behind the kitchen door.

" there're no heroes in the grave. It better to stay alive, than to die an uncelebrated hero. " Jude said and came out too.

" oboy eh!!! " Adebayor Exclaimed.

" wetin come happen again!!! " they all echoed looking from side to side.

" you no see this kind fine girl wey dey look me. No wonder una no gree open the door on time!! " Adebayor commented.

" God go purnish you " they replied chorusly.

" infact wetin carry you come here? " Chuks asked agitated.

" cool down guy, why you dey harsh? " Adebayor replied.

" if you no wan talk, make you come dey go. " Chuks added.

" well i come to tell una say right now Man o war dey For Ameachi hostel now, them dey fine Fred and Johnbull. "

" you say!!! " Chuks and Jude screamed in unison.

" Chuks, Jude, what's happening? " Joy asked a bit lost. But before she could finish her speech, the door swung open.

In the twinkle of an eye, the four people in the room disappeared into thin air.

** to be cont **

2 Likes

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
thin air? to Where
BTW esix continue
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
kingphilip: thin air? to Where
BTW esix continue
we go soon know.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2014
ESIXLOVE: we go soon know.
abeg do quick gist me o
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by rapmike(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2014
Johnbull, my son I send you to school, you don't know how to spell your .....

JOHNBULL NO RUN O!
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

from the famous quote of martin
luther king jnr....
' Cow know the trekking wey dey dis
life, na im make am wear shoe come '
".... Source unknown

Hmm when Men decides to weep like babies, what will be the fate of babies when the need arise to weep?...... ESIXLOVE

Miracles sometimes come in handy, but this particular miracle was not common.

" I thought i heard some voices in this room when we were coming from the passage. " Johnbull said to Fred.

The way they barged into the room, it would be almost impossible for anyone to escape their view, but this case was something else.
The fear of the unknown made them to be faster than lightning.

" na wa o, na where them come go?, make them come out come solve this problem wey them cause. " Fred lamented.

" which problem is that? " a voice said.
The two of them turned to see a light skin girl standing at the door.

" blood of Johnbull!!! "

" blood of Fred!!! " the two of them exchange their names.

" can i come in? " the girl asked.

" yes you can come in!! " the two of them echoed in unison.

" who among the two of you is Jude? "

" Him!! " both of them replied pointing to each other.

" i'm confuse. Two of you are saying the same thing. " The girl said, expressing the confusion on her face.

" it's Him!!! " they replied simultaneously still pointing to each other.

" will the two of you stop this silly joke!!! " She screamed.

" I have an important message to pass to Jude, it's a matter of life and death. " she added.

" I'm Jude. "

They all turned to see four pair of eyes staring at them.

" you are Jude? " the girl asked again.

" i am, what's the message that you have for me. " Jude said firmly. It seems that the fear the took hold of him earlier on had disappeared.

Before the girl could reply, Johnbull cut in angryly,

" e no go better for you, for using my name and hostel to lie give man o war, now them dey fine us badly. "

" I don talk am sey since i know you na so so trouble wey you dey cause for me. If you no dey beat person, then person dey beat you. " Fred said sacastically, though there was a bit of calmness in him.

" if you are Jude, then you have to follow me now, i have something to show to you. " the girl said impatiently.

" it's ok. Can you just wait for me to freshen up and grab a little bite. " Jude said calmly, he purposely ignored the accusations from Johnbull.

" where do you think that you are going to?. I need an explanation to all this. " Joy spoke out and at the same time barred the way.

" senior sis, even i myself cannot fully comprehend all that took place, but i will give you more than full explanation when i come back. " Jude replied.

" I need to come with you. " Joy said as soon as Jude was ready to leave with the strange girl.

" No you cannot come, She requested to see him alone. " the girl replied.

" A She!! " Joy asked with her eyes wide open giving Jude that kind of look that seems to be saying ' you have a lot to explain when you come back. '

" Yes a she!!! " the girl said rolling her eyes, i don't know whom she did that for.

" let's go " Jude said leading the way. The two of them left.

" guy stay safe!! " Chuks called after them.

" i will do just that. " Jude echoed back faintly because he was way out of the passage.
Joy gave Chuks that question look, but Chuks gave her that ' i know nothing about it look. "

Adebayor, Johnbull and Fred stayed for a while before they left, leaving Chuks alone with Joy in the room.

** to be cont **

2 Likes

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
kingphilip:
abeg do quick gist me o
no wahala
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
rapmike: Johnbull, my son I send you to school, you don't know how to spell your .....

JOHNBULL NO RUN O!
which one? The real Johnbull or the fake one.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Laughing my nose out.. grin grin .....I pity Jude today..by the way, Martin Luther King Jr ko Martin Luther Queen Senior ni ... cheesy
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 11:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
dammygoody: Laughing my nose out.. grin grin .....I pity Jude today..by the way, Martin Luther King Jr ko Martin Luther Queen Senior ni ... cheesy
hahaha, laffing in swahili.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Goodmorning friends. I pray for everyone of you reading this thread.

" Everyone of you that satan is running rampage with your life, career, business, academics, visions and dreams. i pray for you that the lord will show up with his terrible power and bring you out of that pit wherein there's no water. In Jesus name. Amen.

Have a wonderful and fabulous day.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2014
ESIXLOVE: Goodmorning friends. I pray for everyone of you reading this thread.
" Everyone of you that satan is running rampage with your life, career, business, academics, visions and dreams. i pray you you that lord will show up with his terrible power and bring you out of that pit wherein there's no water. In Jesus name. Amen.

Have a wonderful and fabulous day.
Amen!
Good morning.... Where are the updates..??
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2014
dammygoody: Amen!
Good morning.... Where are the updates..??
on the way.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
i'm just coming back from church. Though a bit tired, i will try and type something even if it's a short update.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
typing in progress!!!.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
RighT on point! grin

Looks promising, can't waite to see how awesome ur gonna be.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2014
EPISODE 3

" the elders used to say that an old woman's soup should be eaten with joy wether it is tasty or not, because when she dies it will be your concern. If you don't dig the grave, then you will carry the coffin. One way or the other, responsibility will be thrown at you. " ..... ESIXLOVE

Two weeks had passed since Jude went out with a light skinned strange girl. Nobody had heard anything about him since then. Not even Chuks could explain his way about.

The poor boy had gone through hell since his friend suddenly disappeared to God knows where.

This particular morning Chuks was sitting down on his mattrass looking away like someone that is spying into the spirit realm.

The previous day, he had gotten a notice from the school authority that he together with Johnbull and Fred were to appear before the DPO of Chioba divisional headquarters the next day by 12pm.

" God where did i go wrong? " He muttered to himself.

" how did i get myself into this mess in the first place? " He had asked himself this very question since it became clear that Jude was missing.

He raised his face to look at the clock on the wall adjacent his sitting position.

" 10:45am!!! " he shouted in disbelief. The appointment with the DPO of chioba divisional headquarter was just an hour, fifteen minutes away.

" oh how time flies!! " He thought.
He has been sitting there for more than three hours, not realising that each second counts.

He rushed into the bathroom and had a quick bath. He grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste and headed outside to brush his teeth.

" i no wan make my mouth come dey smell like say na know where Jude dey. " He joked with himself.

" but Jude, why you come do me this kind of thing? " He said looking up to the sky as if the answer is hidden in the clouds. His eyes were almost watery now.

" what will my poor mother do if she gets to hear this. It will break her heart. God please let this cup pass away from me. " He prayed before bending down to brush.

After brushing, he grabbed the left over sphagetti and consumed it without thinking of warming it.

He put on a white polo on a blue chinos and black sandal.
As He was leaving the hostel, he felt a pang of grief.

" if someone had prophesied to me three weeks ago, that I Chuks Ibeto will be going to see the DPO, i would have called him or her a fake prophet or prophetess. " He thought, while heading to Ameachi's hostel to meet with Fred and Johnbull so they can go together.

He met them already prepared. Together they headed out of Ameachi's hostel in silence, everyone to his own thought.

** to be cont **

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 12:08am On Jul 23, 2014
maishot: RighT on point! grin

Looks promising, can't waite to see how awesome ur gonna be.
thanks. I just pray that i meet up the expectations.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
hmmmmmmmm na wow make the poor children de safe o
Esixlove ride on I'm waiting boss
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 8:26am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip: hmmmmmmmm na wow make the poor children de safe o
Esixlove ride on I'm waiting boss
i'm riding on a power bike wey no get brake.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 8:41am On Jul 23, 2014
ESIXLOVE: i'm riding on a power bike wey no get brake.
if Na so update suppose Don ready nw
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2014
kingphilip:
if Na so update suppose Don ready nw
my prayer section never even finish.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2014
ESIXLOVE: my prayer section never even finish.
prayer session for wetin
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Flakkydagirl: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Yeekparikpa!!!

I have missed a lot o,anyways its better late than never...

I salute everybody in the house o o,how body?

Esixlove,well da done....
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
Flakkydagirl: Yeekparikpa!!!

I have missed a lot o,anyways its better late than never...

I salute everybody in the house o o,how body?

Esixlove,well da done....
I'm blushing :- abeg make i do sharp sharp update.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

Taking a track route that leads to the main entrance of the school, they walked on quietly with everyone looking at different directions.

" hey!!, chuks how far now? For some days now i haven't seen you or your friend at lectures. " Akin their course rep asked.

" my brother, the eyes has left it normal way of shedding tear to shedding blood. Infact something bigger than the rabbit has entered its domain. " Chuks replied looking sorrowful.

The three of them stopped to have a little chat with Akin.

" You are speaking in proverbs that are meant for the gray hair. I don't understand a bit of what you are saying. Akin replied a bit puzzle.

" two weeks ago........... My brother that's how it all went, infact everything happened so fast that non of us had time enough to prepare. " Chuks concluded the story from beginning to end.

" guy you get mind o, you mean all these things were happening to you and you didn't bother to let me know. Haba, that's not fair nah. " Akin queried.

" The anti terrorism team has been invited into the case. Infact we are on our way to see the DPO. " Johnbull put in, obviously he was feeling sorry for himself.

" that's extreme nah!! " Akin exclaimed.

" my brother that's what we are facing right now, we better be on our way, you know port harcourt traffic how fierce it can be a times.

" God will see you guys through. " Akin replied.
With that they shook hands and parted ways.

They entered a bus that was loading in front of the main gate.
There were already six persons in the bus including the driver.

" guy i don't like the kind of faces that i'm seeing in this bus o, lets come down and enter another bus. " Fred whispered to johnbull and Chuks.

" you are too fearful, there's nothing wrong with the people inside the bus. Abi your face dey fear their faces? " Chuks replied, while Johnbull chuckled.

" this isn't funny at all, i don't like the kind of people that i'm seeing in this bus. " Fred complained.

There were four hefty men and a lady sitted at the back in strategic locations. The driver had a cigarette in the left side of his mouth.
For some strange reasons the conductor of the bus was putting on a black body hug polo and a dirty blue jeans that has seen better days.

Finally Chuks and Johnbull did a good job of convincing Fred to remain in the bus.
Six other passengers later entered to make them fourteen passengers in the bus. It was a fourteen-seater bus.

" I hope say una hold una change? " the conductor said in a hoarse voice.

Five minutes into the journey the bus suddenly changed direction. Instead of heading towards Mgbuoba, it was moving towards Aluu.

The passengers started yelling at the driver and conductor on what was happening. There was pandemonium in the bus.

" go slow dey that road na im make we dey take this side. " the driver explained.

" i have a bad feeling that this journey will not end in our favour. " Fred said.

" my friend shut up!!! " two of the hefty guys yelled at him.

" yekparikpa!!!, we don enter one chance!!!. " Chuks said and whistled at the same time, but the slap that followed, took the whistling out of his mouth.
The other hefty man brought out a gun and pointed it at the passengers to compel complete obedience.

" babe abeg pass the offering basket round. " he added.
At this point every body that wasn't part of the gang bowed their heads.

" oya make una start to sing ' give.... It shall be given unto you, good measures, pressed down, shaken together and running over. " The girl that was part of the gang commanded the passengers.

the passenger were reluctant to sing at first, but when the senior boys used one of the men in the middle roll to show example by cutting his left index finger, the rest began to sing involuntarily.

" Good children!! " the driver said from the wheel after the offering has ended.

" Everybody lookup!! " the man with the gun commanded.
They all obeyed like nursery school children.

" Good children, " the man commented with a smile on his left cheek, but the smile disappeared faster than it came.

" i must say that it was nice doing business with you guys. I just hope that non of you still has his or her phone with him or her. If i find out such a person that will be instant death. Have i made myself clear? "

They all nodded like school children in front of their headmaster.

" good, that little offering of money and goods was for the boys, we will proceed to the phase two of this operation. " The Man commanded.

** to be cont **

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by dammygoody(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
This is what we call double predicament..
Keep up the good work bro..
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by kingphilip(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
they need b safe o
Esixlove Tnx for da update awaiting the nxt soonest
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
** CONTINUATION **

After Akin exchanged pleasantries with the three guys He moved on to his hostel.

His room was the last in Ameachi hostel. He had to share the room with three other students.

He threw himself lazily on the bed and managed to remove his shoes.

" father lord Jesus, thank you for the day. " He muttered.

" Thank God that lectures will start by 1pm today. " with that word, he kissed his present environment goodbye, drifting to the world unknown.

" Jesus christ!!! " He woke up violently from his sleep. It took him about 15 seconds to register in his brain that someone was knocking on the door.

" who be that wey no know the right time of the day to knock? " He barked.

" your fafa!!!, make you no come ofen this door, walai!!, if i lay my hands on you, na that time you gwo know sey i no come uniport come flay " Musa his roommate, 300level engineering student yelled from outside.

Musa speaks english fluently except for way he usually mispronounce the letter 'F' and 'P' and sometimes pronounce 'go' as 'gwo' left for that he was ok with english language.

" ooooo..... Son of the gun, so you are the one that doesn't have respect for afternoon nap abi? " Akin replied standing up lazily from his bed.

" shurruf and ofen the door. "

" walai!! You are a fool!! " Musa commented as soon as the door was open for him.

" you are a bigger fool!! " Akin fired back.

" well i don't have the time to exchange words with a fool like you. Anyway, wetin you cook? " Musa asked with a little smile of hope forming round his lips.

" sharpen your mouth drop, you hear. For the record i no cook nothing. "
Akin replied sacastically.
The little smile on Musa's face disappeared suddenly. He didn't know when He shouted
" chineke!!! " " wetin you talk? "

" otondo!!!, i say no food dey anywhere for this house. " Akin replied and lifted up his eyes to look at the clock.

" Chineke!!!, 2:15pm!! I don die. " He screamed and looked around for his shoe. He had overslept and totally lost track of time.

" wetin come happen? " Musa asked.

" i'm so late for lectures. " he replied storming out of the room.

" me and you, na who foolish pass?, vig fool like you. " Musa called out after Akin. Wether it got to Akin or not, was non of his business as he went inside the kitchen to search for any available garri.

The lectures was midway when Akin stormed into the class like someone chased by the wild ghost of Gadaffi.

He Was trying to locate his usual sitting position when the lecturer called out to him.

" why did you invade my territorial possession like a desolate immigrant, migrating from haiti? " Mr Chukwuma the lecturer taking them physics voiced out.

" i'm sorry sir, my thinking department disintegrated into a non functional component. That is why i launched an indelibrate insurgence into your class. " Akin replied.
That caused an uproar in the class.

" you man you think that i came here to stomach your acts of pleasantness that is tantamount to insubordination. " Mr Chukwuma spoke with extreme rage pointing his fist at Akin.

" I'm sorry sir for my inappropriate tang of rascality and sacacity. " Akin pled bowing his head.

" infact............ " Mr Chukwuma was about to speak when He was interrupted by the presence of uniform men outside.

** to be cont **
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
dammygoody: This is what we call double predicament..
Keep up the good work bro..
thanks sir. You guys are the ones giving me the flair to continue writing.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by ESIXLOVE: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
kingphilip: they need b safe o
Esixlove Tnx for da update awaiting the nxt soonest
make you begin pray for them nah. Anyway thanks sir. I appreciate your presence and comments.
Re: >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) by Flakkydagirl: 12:36am On Jul 25, 2014
That last update got me laughing especially his exchange with the lecture...

More of this we ask for Oh Esixlove.

Nice one boss....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Saved By Amnesia / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.