Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,021 members, 7,915,969 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:14 PM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (61180 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ceeceeco: 7:55am On Jul 14, 2014
Dear God, could u pls allow the devil to test Oyedepo just as u allowed him to test Job, by making his wealth varnish, so we can see hw faithful he is 2 u.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ednut1(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2014
lastpage:

Now l know why you cant read anything longer than two sentences! grin grin grin
Your head is empty of "grey matter"! wink wink kiss kiss

Too bad.
yeah dats y i became a chartered accountant aged 22. ode

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ceeceeco: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2014
chamboy: Why are Pastors being paid Salaries, is it an Occupation.
why do churches have G.O(General Overseer), is it a company/business organisation? All pastors should be equal, there shouldn't be anytin like G.O. What is the meaning of daddy G.O.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2014
ceeceeco: why do churches have G.O(General Overseer), is it a company/business organisation? All pastors should be equal, there shouldn't be anytin like G.O. What is the meaning of daddy G.O.
G.O. Aka C.E.O.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SimplySEA(m): 8:04am On Jul 14, 2014
dejilg: u mean I am the type dat gets u fretting? Well show me whom the Apostles paid tithes or where dey collected tithe and wen its been taught in the new testament! Engage meaningfully and don't dodge. Stay cool!
stop being obstinate. jus read the effing passage objectively.......! And still want to refer u to my first post on this subject. Good morning
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2014
Don't have any problem with tithe, I only have problem with what d tithe is used for
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Navvy(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=omonuan]

House of The Lord? Hmmmm! God does not use money. He expects you to use your money, not to maintain buildings, because he does not dwell in buildings. "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:" Acts 7:48

The whole tithe NEVER went to the Temple! According to Numbers 35, Joshua 20, 21 and First Chronicles 6, Levites and priests lived on borrowed land where they farmed and raised (tithed) animals. (Also 2nd Chron 11:13-14; Neh 12:27-29; 13:10; Mal 1:14.). The Levites are supposed to collect tithes in exchange for not inheriting land.

The Jews do not collect tithes anymore because the Levites are one of the lost tribes of Israel. I guess Oyedepo and "pastor" Chris are the new Levites.

If Nigerian Christians really want to follow the teachings of Christ, they should sell everything they have and give to the poor. Don't just give 10% folks, g
D only reasonable tin i've read on this thread!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jhydebaba(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2014
usmanspihn:

Yes he did, where he asked peter to get money from the mouth of the fishes. It wasn't for pizza
Sure it wasn't for pizza but for TAX and not TITHE. Did u get that
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by iamjane(f): 9:15am On Jul 14, 2014
vicdayo: .

grin
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Bigsteveg(m): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2014
chamboy: .

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by tobietticom(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Religious threads ..... Story for the gods.

But the funniest thing I have noticed is that the ones that don't pay tithe or give to the church are the same ones that are complaining and saying tithe is false or the pastor is getting rich...
No two individual in the world has the same fingerprint, which means everyone has the right to make his/her choices. 'So make yours and stop complaining about another person's own'.
"If your brother cannot father a child with his wife, you all know it is wrong to sleep with his wife to father a child for him".
So then, why are you worried negatively for tithers, it's their problem not yours. Why direct so much energy to something that isn't your problem.

Personally I think you are fighting a wrong fight, pour than nationalist and revolutionary spirit you have into the poor situation our country is in and let the church be. Tithes are free will, taxes are imposed without us seeing traces of development, the National revenue are not Utilised and a lot of politicians can also boast of Private Jets. So which one sounds right "Private Jets from money gotten from money people gave freely or Private Jets from the money stolen by politicians"

We all have to understand something about humans in general, once we start chasing or aiming for something and we fail to achieve or acquire that thing, we often tend to give-up and stop....
As a boyee, if you keep chasing a girl and she no gree or even you sign sey she go gree... Wetin you go do?? Jabo the girl abi.
its the same thing we are talking about, if the people paying tithe are not seeing results in their life then they would have stopped, we must all agree the rate at which people pay tithe have increased if not we won't have mega churches like we have today.

In life make sure you practice what works for you and don't criticise another man's own...
But permit me to explain some terms...

1. Tithes are just 10% not all. If you decide to give all then that's your choice.
2. Tithes are meant to be given to God through the Church not to the needy or the poor. 'God is God, He's not broke, He does not need your money to survive'
3. Tithing is not a requirement for salvation. Giving or not giving is not a requirement to make heaven. But if you want to enjoy your time on earth then you have to understand the concept of giving.
4. When you give make sure you reverence it to God, not to your pastor. The blessings are of God, its not of concern on what the money is being used for.

You are what you hear and your future depends on the way you listen, think and act.

NOTE: this is the view of a Nigerian boy that doesn't profess any of the religion of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2014
dazzlingd:
Ok sir,....but am I supposed to pay tithe for the fear of financial hardship?...and is paying tithe the only means I can give?....wat if I see a brethren in need and I give out of goodwill or rather withhold that particular money and take it to the church to fulfil the custom and all righteousness by paying it as tithe? (Wit the faith and believe of getting blessed as I do)...Sir, which is more cheerful & honourable ?
Nice point Dazzlingd. Helping others through your tithe isn't advisable. Mal 3 emphasized this quite well. "Bring all the offerings and tithes to my storehouse". If you read that chapter properly, you won't see anywhere where it's written that you should give half.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 14, 2014
dazzlingd:
Ok sir,....but am I supposed to pay tithe for the fear of financial hardship?...and is paying tithe the only means I can give?....wat if I see a brethren in need and I give out of goodwill or rather withhold that particular money and take it to the church to fulfil the custom and all righteousness by paying it as tithe? (Wit the faith and believe of getting blessed as I do)...Sir, which is more cheerful & honourable ?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jobsat34(m): 10:23am On Jul 14, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

say that to Bill Gate, Adenugas, Dangote et al...

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2014
tobietticom: Religious threads ..... Story for the gods.

But the funniest thing I have noticed is that the ones that don't pay tithe or give to the church are the same ones that are complaining and saying tithe is false or the pastor is getting rich...
No two individual in the world has the same fingerprint, which means everyone has the right to make his/her choices. 'So make yours and stop complaining about another person's own'.
"If your brother cannot father a child with his wife, you all know it is wrong to sleep with his wife to father a child for him".
So then, why are you worried negatively for tithers, it's their problem not yours. Why direct so much energy to something that isn't your problem.

Personally I think you are fighting a wrong fight, pour than nationalist and revolutionary spirit you have into the poor situation our country is in and let the church be. Tithes are free will, taxes are imposed without us seeing traces of development, the National revenue are not Utilised and a lot of politicians can also boast of Private Jets. So which one sounds right "Private Jets from money gotten from money people gave freely or Private Jets from the money stolen by politicians"

We all have to understand something about humans in general, once we start chasing or aiming for something and we fail to achieve or acquire that thing, we often tend to give-up and stop....
As a boyee, if you keep chasing a girl and she no gree or even you sign sey she go gree... Wetin you go do?? Jabo the girl abi.
its the same thing we are talking about, if the people paying tithe are not seeing results in their life then they would have stopped, we must all agree the rate at which people pay tithe have increased if not we won't have mega churches like we have today.

In life make sure you practice what works for you and don't criticise another man's own...
But permit me to explain some terms...

1. Tithes are just 10% not all. If you decide to give all then that's your choice.
2. Tithes are meant to be given to God through the Church not to the needy or the poor. 'God is God, He's not broke, He does not need your money to survive'
3. Tithing is not a requirement for salvation. Giving or not giving is not a requirement to make heaven. But if you want to enjoy your time on earth then you have to understand the concept of giving.
4. When you give make sure you reverence it to God, not to your pastor. The blessings are of God, its not of concern on what the money is being used for.

You are what you hear and your future depends on the way you listen, think and act.

NOTE: this is the view of a Nigerian boy that doesn't profess any kvof the religion of the world.
ok

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by eniorisha(m): 11:35am On Jul 14, 2014
ednut1: ur nothing but a fool. i cant waste my time reading religious BS. dat wud change ntin. mtcheew. mr i too knw and mind you u will gain nothing doin research on religious tinz because most of d stories dont add up. so have faith and practice

Not only through paying tithe in2 d already- filled 'pause' that u can demostrate having faith,d point is pay & give as directed by God, even if u r willing to give half of ur possession to practise what u believe. Are u telling us u can give in percentage as Bill gate does in term of charity & donations?

i rep. Anglican!!!!!!!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by uanda(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Tithing Principles

Deuteronomy 14 Vs 22-28

22 “You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year. 23 And you shall eat before the Lord your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always. 24 But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the Lord your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the Lord your God has blessed you, 25 then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the Lord your God chooses. 26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27 You shall not forsake the Levite who is within your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dazzlingd(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
handsomeness: Nice point Dazzlingd. Helping others through your tithe isn't advisable. Mal 3 emphasized this quite well. "Bring all the offerings and tithes to my storehouse". If you read that chapter properly, you won't see anywhere where it's written that you should give half.
Thanks for ur response, I once had a brethren whose mother was very sick and was hospitalised, he's som1 who believes in tithe and he's committed but the day he received his 1st salary was d same day his mum was rushed to hospital and he has to put down all of his salary at the hospital to save her witout taking a naira out of it not to talk of tithe...now how can u describe this case, this cud also come in different ways, perhaps, it cud ve been his brother, friend, neighbour etc whose life needed to be save at dat point
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by 185mikel(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
why the noise? if you like, give. if you no like then don't give. is someone forcing money out of you? and even though they are, they can't force it out of your pocket.

the people that pay tithe do not complain, it's those that don't pay that make much noise as if someone has drained them financially.

it's not compulsory to do what is right but it's certainly compulsory to face the consequence of your actions.

if you don't want to pay tithe, it's okay. keep eating your money but stop the condemned of those that pay and receive tithe. you are not their master neither do you understand what they do.

if they are guilty or innocent then it up to God and not you. WHO ARE YOU TO CONDEMN WHAT AND WHO GOD HAVE ORDAIN.

if the pastors eats the tithe, God approve them, it's the profit of there labor. READ YOUR BIBLE.
God will not take money or eat the food you prepare. he ask us to take our tithes to the church. then from there they would decide what to do with the money.

some of these money are spent on what you see everyday. preaching on tv. sending missionary, organizing meeting, helping the needy, supporting projects, buying equipment and many more. and even though the pastor decide to use some the money on himself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

THE PEOPLE THAT CONDEMN OTHERS ARE WORST THAN THOSE THEY CONDEMN.

if they are there in the same position of them they condemned, I promise, they will do exactly what they condemned others of and even worse.

I rest my case.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Mrsshady(f): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
arshavineering: you are in the city/town paying fat tithes to an already rich church that doesn't even know you exist, while your church in the village doesn't have even a roof over their head....daris God ooo!!!!

Donno about the churches inyour villages, but no living faith does not have roof over it's head as members are not mandated /force to build the church.Prosperity of the church can be seen radiating on members, this is because giver never lack. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by tushbobo(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
God was referring to the priests in Malachi as he was angry with them not bringing tithes into his house but selling them off for profit while offering the defective animals (lame and blind) to Him.
This is the same thing happening with priests and pastors now collecting monies but not giving to charity which even takes precedence over love in the bible. Then you are told you are robbing God.
Tithing means you are under the law. The new testament teaches 'giving' from the heart.

MALACHI 1:6-7

6 “A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty.

“It is you PRIESTS who show contempt for my name.

“But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

7 “By offering defiled food on my altar.

“But you ask, ‘How have we defiled you?’

“By saying that the Lord’s table is contemptible.[b] 8 When you offer blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?” [/b]says the Lord Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by BreezyRita(f): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Everyone is entitled to his or her oponion! Whether you pay tithe or not is ur decision... And you shouldn't pay tithe out of fear of financial hardship...Prov. 11:24-25
Not just tithes, you should also give these too:
Kingdom promotion offering
Give to parents
Prophet offering
Welfare offering and others.
All these stingy peeps, is it just tithe you have ish wit or the word [b][/b]GIVING?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dignity806(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
DIS ONE IS TOO MUCH TO BE READ[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
John 1:16-17New International Version (NIV)

16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Moral of the story? Christians are Not under the law after Christ. Malachi 3:10 was the law of Moses and Jesus law came through "grace?": "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." ◄ Luke 18:22 ►
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by sambisa5: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

well,dis is nt wht Jesus preached as pure religion-'helpin d fatherless n d widows far outweigh d payin of tithes 2 these wealthy generatinal pastors...

Tithe wz 4 those full time pastors who were avin no other means of income.....it wz actually stressed in d old testament cos pastors den,do no oda work 2 mak a livin......Malachi said 'so dat there can b food in my house'

It is d other way round nw......a pastor who is already rich nids no tithe otherwise God wil judge him.it is better 2 giv those tithes 2 d poor,d fatherless n help d widows in their distres as 'givers never lack'......just as u rightly said.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Prettyvita(f): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.
[b][/b].
My dear, u don't hav to b like this. Tithing doesn't take one to heaven, if u do not bliv in it, fine. If u feel d rich churches doesn't need ur tithe, then take it to woteva church u wnt to. It's ur choice. The covenant of giving and receiving is applicable to all (including d unbelievers). When u giv to d needy, God will always bless u regardless of who u are. Get it right! Don't try to act like u're being forced to pay ur tithe. If u don't wnt to, fine. But pls, give to d needy, it's d only way to financial properity.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by arabralph(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Obviously the tithings era has gone and we r in the Christian dispensation where our righteousness should exceed that of the Pharisees. U may give above 10% but it should be done with a willing mind not grungingly or out of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.Moreover u can't even give an accurate tithe.Jesus throughout his earthly ministry never emphasized tithe but freewill giving from the heart (widow's mite).
Finally pastor Amoda are u a member of the church of Christ?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by delpee(f): 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Anyone who understands the principle 'givers never lack' is on to great things. Call it tithe, charity, widows mite or whatever. You will always find out it tallies with reaping as you sow. Many rich people understand this very well. However, sometimes what you get in return is priceless. Good health, saving grace in a hopeless situation, astounding favors etc. Pastors are accountable to God for whatever they do. Do your bit and leave the rest to Him.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Expsbterror(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
omonuan:

Matt. 17:24-27. Mind you, the bible never indicated whether Peter caught the fish and then saw the coin. Neither was it shown that Peter paid the taxes. The story was left hanging.Therefore no assumptions should be made.

I appreciate but we not considering taxes here.. Its based on tithe... Its not as if its a big deal but just wanting to know if our ultimate model did the same while he was on earth.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
dazzlingd:
Thanks for ur response, I once had a brethren whose mother was very sick and was hospitalised, he's som1 who believes in tithe and he's committed but the day he received his 1st salary was d same day his mum was rushed to hospital and he has to put down all of his salary at the hospital to save her witout taking a naira out of it not to talk of tithe...now how can u describe this case, this cud also come in different ways, perhaps, it cud ve been his brother, friend, neighbour etc whose life needed to be save at dat point
I get your point. What if the patient is my mother or father? What should I do? Well, on a normal human response, I should go your way, but I'd have to promise God to pay that tithe after everything. But on a faith-filled level, I would pay that tithe because God said coherently that <br/> <br/>"Test me in this, says
the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not
throw open the floodgates of heaven and
pour out so much blessing that there will
not be room enough to store it. I will
prevent pests from devouring your crops,
and the vines in your fields will not drop
their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD
Almighty. “Then all the nations will call
you blessed, for yours will be a delightful
land”
<Br/> I can't pay tithe in this context, and yet the devourers - the sickness - will still stay. But I need to clarify something here: If you're paying your tithe without really understanding what it really means to pay it, then the blessing that accrue to tithing might not come to you (Remember: My people are killed because of Ignorance). <br/> To end, tithing is a spiritual kingdom secret only understood by God's children. So this only means the secular world will view it anyday, anytime as a stupid idea.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by rugggedest(m): 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
tunshe: Tithe is making the GOs and Pastors wealthier than Jesus 

Tithe is making the congregation poorer

Tithe is killing our labour force,our intelligent workforce abandon paid employment to establish church business

Tithe is polluting our streets,we now have 5 churches on a building and even shops are used for churches

Tithe is giving birth to funny church names like Give god and be blessed ministry

No Sir...Tithe didn't do all those....Greed did...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.