Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (61061 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by timobolof(m): 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Men were tithing before the Law. Tithing was added to the Law, but there was tithing before the mosaic law.

Men will keep tithing after the Law. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob gave tithes. The Abrhamic covenant was not abolished. It is an everlasting covenant. It is the mosaic Law that was abolished.

The THITHE still belongs to the Lord to day. You cannot give it to the poor, it is not your Money!

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by daniwealth(m): 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
mohims: May he have mercy on you first for shying away from the truth!
the is nothing like shying away anitruth becos,if yhu dont like a man just leave hiim nd do yhurs nd allow God to judge him
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 3:21am On Jul 15, 2014
185mikel: why the noise? if you like, give. if you no like then don't give. is someone forcing money out of you? and even though they are, they can't force it out of your pocket.

the people that pay tithe do not complain, it's those that don't pay that make much noise as if someone has drained them financially.

it's not compulsory to do what is right but it's certainly compulsory to face the consequence of your actions.

if you don't want to pay tithe, it's okay. keep eating your money but stop the condemned of those that pay and receive tithe. you are not their master neither do you understand what they do.

if they are guilty or innocent then it up to God and not you. WHO ARE YOU TO CONDEMN WHAT AND WHO GOD HAVE ORDAIN.

if the pastors eats the tithe, God approve them, it's the profit of there labor. READ YOUR BIBLE.
God will not take money or eat the food you prepare. he ask us to take our tithes to the church. then from there they would decide what to do with the money.

some of these money are spent on what you see everyday. preaching on tv. sending missionary, organizing meeting, helping the needy, supporting projects, buying equipment and many more. and even though the pastor decide to use some the money on himself, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

THE PEOPLE THAT CONDEMN OTHERS ARE WORST THAN THOSE THEY CONDEMN.

if they are there in the same position of them they condemned, I promise, they will do exactly what they condemned others of and even worse.

I rest my case.

Mr Tithe payer Mention One or more verse in the bible that gave preferences to Priest or Pastor should use tithe or offering for personal use

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by biodunid: 10:12am On Jul 15, 2014
Can anyone give the lowdown on Amoda's church? I am thinking of worshiping with them and would like a sneak preview. I have been to its website and the message appears consistent. Thanks.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
SimplySEA: stop being obstinate. jus read the effing passage objectively.......! And still want to refer u to my first post on this subject. Good morning
will u quit tap dancing?? Whom did d Apostles pay tithes to and did dey collect tithes from anyone? Where is it documented that Christians-followers of christ have to pay tithe??! Just answer it and stop tap dancing d whole issue!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by 185mikel(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
chamboy: Mr Tithe payer Mention One or more verse in the bible that gave preferences to Priest or Pastor should use tithe or offering for personal use
Number 18:24 and 26

Nehemiah 12:44

They can use it however they care. it is their inheritance according to the scripture. offering to God is the inheritance of the priest.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Weah96: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Common Sense faults Oyedepo's teachings on tithes.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by seuntoyo: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
This really is a very controversial discussion. The Bible says in Luke 6:37 not to judge others. I am not here to support or condemn the act of tithing but to just make my sincere submission on the matter. Tithing should be a personal/divine decision you make to achieve a thorough financial prosperity. It should also be a convenant you make with God, not minding how big/successful or small/poor the receiver is as long as you fulfil your part of the convenant. Amidst all chapters in the Bible that talk about Tithing (allin the old testament) the new testament is superior to all because the law in the old testament was abolished in the new testament. Nevertheless, Luke 6:38 reiterates the act of giving and the benefit/blessing thereof. So whether you give as offering or you give as tithe or you give to bless your fellow human being, the blessings attached to giving as stated in Luke 6 will definitely be your heritage.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Weah96: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
seuntoyo: This really is a very controversial discussion. The Bible says in Luke 6:37 not to judge others.

The bible is a book of judgment and rules. Stating the rules is not the same as rendering judgment.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by SHOCK7(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
[@bigass]Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs[/quote]
True but I wonder why u took dis nlckname at least back it up with pics!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
185mikel: Number 18:24 and 26

Nehemiah 12:44

They can use it however they care. it is their inheritance according to the scripture. offering to God is the inheritance of the priest.
pls I meant New testament
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
chamboy: pls I meant New testament
I dnt think u shld expect an answer from dt guy, he will tap dance d issue like his other friend who kept telling me to check abt Melchizedek in Hebrews, wen I simply asked him to show me wea d Apostles either paid tithes or received tithes

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
dejilg: I dnt think u shld expect an answer from dt guy, he will tap dance d issue like his other friend who kept telling me to check abt Melchizedek in Hebrews, wen I simply asked him to show me wea d Apostles either paid tithes or received tithes
don't mind dem Bro, dey think we can b brainwashed like dem

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by onyekap: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2014
Several teachings on tithing keep emerging, what is rather most important is the motive behind it, of which varies. It is needless sometimes to raise criticism. The whole crux is consequent upon the realm on which one is operating from, hence we all do not or may not be operate from same level at a particular point in time. Giving is good, tithing is an act of giving, we are exorted to continue to give.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Weah96: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2014
onyekap: Several teachings on tithing keep emerging, what is rather most important is the motive behind it, of which varies. It is needless sometimes to raise criticism. The whole crux is consequent upon the realm on which one is operating from, hence we all do not or may not be operate from same level at a particular point in time. Giving is good, tithing is an act of giving, we are exorted to continue to give.

Spoken like a true tither.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ElFenomeno1: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Bullcrap everything!
Thieves on the pulpit........ thieves in churches..... ole ni gbogbo yin!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by christemmbassey(m): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
If i must give anything to recieve anything from God, Christ died in vain. TITHE IS THE BIGEST SCAM IN HUMAN HISTORY.

3 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 18, 2014
Malakh: if tithing is not a law, then why is it in the Torah, don't wanna go ham on you, moreover Messiahiac didn't die for you Christians, He died for the sins of the spiritual Jews, not everyone, let's get that straight, Salvation is of the black Jews

Hmm. NO Comment.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by clemzo101(m): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2014
Seriously can someone point out in the new testament where Jesus paid tithe or his disciples or where he laid so much emphasies on tithe? I am not saying tithing isn't biblical but I think its old skool not new skool. Jesus is new skool and he made sure he touched every important areas but I can't remember reading any part in the new testament where he preached about paying tithe or even paying. Let us not forget that Jesus paid tax to the government that one is in the bible but tithe I didn't read he paid any or even preached about it.......pls don't crucify me I'm just saying I need clarification. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Delta Pastor Orders Church Members To Leave Wedding Reception Over Alcohol / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Pastor Godwin Emmanuel Assassinated In Benin, Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.