Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,229 members, 7,977,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 11:15 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (61341 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
Later Pastor Appointment would start to b announced on Job Posts i.e. Holy day Church is requiring the appointment of pastors must 35-40 yrs old
Married
Bsc/HND Christian Education
5-8 years experience in any peintecostal ministry
Expected Wage per Sunday Service 120,000 to 150,000
applicants should send their cv to careers@holychurch.com
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Malakh: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
As a Chief-Priest, tithes were given to the High Priest to feed on and take care of the church, Christians say we are not under the law but under grace, then why the heck are you paying tithes, I don't even belong in this forum but as a Pharisee in Israel, all I'm gonna say is your Christian pastors are robbing you through tithes
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Firebrand1:
Hey man easy on d bishop, u think he conned his members to make money?? I don't think u happy wit ur lowly life,vacancy sti exist for the post of pastor n my hood,come n try out man ...let's see if people re dat so foolish giving out their hard earned money without meeting their spiritual and physical needs. Exceeding grace!
lowly life? U must be insane. I can swear that I live a better life than you. So what would u cal urs? Go to my profile and see how well fed I look. I'm contented with the way I am. I would rather die than deceive people in God's name.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by eugeneG4: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by franugo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.
nna, anam e feel e kwegi....
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by ukandi1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

Gbuammmmmm......
Supported
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bjcuntis(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2014

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.
a fool @ ur age is a fool 4eva......kip swiming in ur pool f ignorance.....nd of course u will definately go to hell

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by abohrandy: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

abeg define this ur give joor?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by abohrandy: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
bjcuntis: a fool @ ur age is a fool 4eva......kip swiming in ur pool f ignorance.....nd of course u will definately go to hell

i don see ur appartment for heaven!!! for ur mind!! smh grin grin
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2014

Yea thats right...as long as you are not a "GIVER" not as long as you dont pay you tithe....

But majority of the richest people alive to are stingy...in life there are no absolutes.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Ay92(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
I still payed my tithe today as always, if I pay it, I have everything to gain and if I refuse to pay it,God has nothing to lose. ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'M ABUNDANTLY BLESSED.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by RebelLeader15(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
NigeriaArmy15: The new testament said Jesus christ died for our sin and pay all our debts, I wonder why all this "Devil hand tools" who parade themselves as man of God still make reference to the old testament, come to think of it, this so called man of God aren't different from the yahoo boys. Scam is Scam, its just that they deceive us with Christ, imagine the insanity, I'd drop 1/10th of my money and a useless man will tell me to kneel down facing the sky with tears, n that something special will happen to me. Anyone who read Ngugi wa Thiongo's Devil on the cross will know what am say.....#Who is Bishop Oyedepo, the man who owns 2 private university in Nigeria(Landmark and Covenant) yet 80% population of his members couldn't send their children to the school, the man who owns 4 private jets when I have just a car and many of his members trek to church, the man who publicly slap a girl, the man who has the biggest church in Africa.......mehn we are just suffering and feeding this people fat with the little we have! Chai--
NigeriaArmy15, I love yoo
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
bjcuntis: a fool @ ur age is a fool 4eva......kip swiming in ur pool f ignorance.....nd of course u will definately go to hell

Religous fanatic. if you were a muslim you would be a terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jaytee01(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oga Tithe Man, abeg who Dangote dey pay tithe ? I wan pay to the direct source

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
urch999:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/numbers-18-faults-oyedepos-teaching-on-tithes-4/

sorry I have to quote the whole text.

Obedience is better than sacrifice is a scripture, and obedience is a product of trust. I have been hearing of tithe when I never knew of penticostal from my childhood and I believe every pentecostal encourage tithing.
Why pointing at Oyedepo or did he attend service or read his book just to analyse his teaching. If some one is not jealous, some one is afraid of obeying, I mean the poster.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by CodeHouse: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2014

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.

A quick one for ya..I am not sure you believe there is a hell somewhere, cos if you do, you would give everything not to go there.

Richest men today might not be christians, you say, but know ye today that all of them follow certain biblical pinciples in their personal lives and businesses and one of the secret to their success is "GIVING" ask BILL GATE.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
CodeHouse:

A quick one for ya..I am not sure you believe there is a hell somewhere, cos if you do, you would give everything not to go there.

Richest men today might not be christians, you say, but know ye today that all of them follow certain biblical pinciples in their personal lives and businesses and one of the secret to their success is "GIVING" ask BILL GATE.
Wat dis one saying
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
This young man took his time to visit a couple of churches in Lagos Nigeria and his discovery will stun you. He’s bold and daring, and I believe you’ll learn a thing or two from this video.He was at the Perfect Church owned and run by Dr Sign Fireman, Christ Embassy and House House Hold of God Church.

Press PLAY to watch and learn. Did I say to have fun also?

http://vimeo.com/31413008

http://vimeo.com/31413008

But it is not only about Dr Fireman it is also about an other called man of god Bishop Oyingbo.

You will hear that Dr Fireman will tell you that jesus was rich, please where in the bible i can read it that jesus was a rich man. I search but I don't find it.

I want to know why you say to your Pastors and Bishop ........ great man of God, did we realy know if this are realy great man of god.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bjcuntis(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy:

Religous fanatic. if you were a muslim you would be a terrorist.
this is nt fanatism u jst bin foolish of the fact dat d bible says 'bring ye all the tithe into my store house' where is d store house d church. U jst dnt open ur mouth nd talk bullshit. All those payin tithe into d church did dey tell u dey r in need or dey r fools dat dnt av wat to do wif money. abegiiiii
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lomprico(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
mencade5: you are a maggot! You grew where swines dwell...nigga get the fvck out of my sight....beast!
Take am easy naah!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Rotime1(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
thank you, thank you, thank you, mr.john. i have once made a like-statement on the Facebook, that the tithing is part of the law, the abolished law under the jurisdiction of grace. that any christian who still observes it is under the curse of the law(braking it). what God demands from us is our body and our whole being. law can not and will never meet up with grace. you know what,? i was seriously lambasted by friends and pastors. some were in btw the line, but the truth is that, WE SHOULD NO MORE OBSERVE THE TITHING AS IT BELONGS TO THE LAW OF THE OLD LIFE, WE SHOULD GIVE OUR LIFE AND BODY, AND GIVE AS THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD LEADS. THANK U ONE MORE TIME

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1414818/pentecostal-corruption-prosperity-gospel-scam

A teacher in a private school of the religious right shows how Pentecostal pastors are betraying their members.

By Pen Itent

Today we shriek as we hear of financial scams, corporate greed, and virtually anything money-related that isn’t entirely on the up-and-up. While religion has generally been a help in these economically difficult times, there is one segment of Christianity that is scamming as many as they can. Those who have ears (and debt) let them hear.

The Prosperity Gospel, also known as a facet of the Word of Faith movement (a louder voice in Pentecostalism), has been writing checks with its lips that’s its theology can’t cash. Last year’s Pew Foundation mega-poll, which surveyed nearly 35,000 people (one of the largest religion polls ever accomplished), revealed a few interesting facts about Christians in the Pentecostal tradition, among them:

Pentecostals have the lowest incomes of any other Christian denomination.
Pentecostals have the least education of any other Christian denomination.

The results show that Pentecostals have the most high school dropouts, the fewest college graduates, and the fewest post-graduates. But the most interesting thing is that they earn the least annual income of any other Christian tradition polled. This is shocking, considering that a main feature in popular Pentecostalism is the Prosperity Gospel, where church members are promised that God will make them rich beyond their wildest dreams if they tithe generously and believe that they will receive the money.

The trouble I’ve seen…

Not only do Pentecostals fail to out-earn the regular “non-spirit filled” Christian, they make less. For me, to read such information is heartbreaking, as I am a teacher in a private school that’s part of a Word of Faith church. The church is doing very well for itself, as most Pentecostal churches are, but the people are suffering.

I often speak with coworkers and church members as they slowly slip into despair. I watch helplessly as their hopes dim, and their pennies dwindle. When I attend a service at this church, I hear the pastors declare that God will make everybody rich, if only they will throw what little they do have into the offering plate. Loud confident voices echo off the palatial walls of the sanctuary, while weary, struggling believers bristle with the hope of God’s “promises.” My impoverished friends dance down the plush expensive carpet to the altar and pull out their dollar bills (not their food stamps and government checks, though they have those also) and cheerfully give. The pastor nods approvingly, his hands folded in prayer (a shiny Rolex on his wrist), his eyes misty.

Say what you want about the corruption of the pulpit, or the decadence of the minister—that’s not my issue. My point is that while the world howls at the scam artists who fail to deliver on big promises, Christianity has its very own Ponzi scheme that’s alive and well. At least when Bernie Madoff promised big returns he actually delivered (if only for a moment); the prosperity gospel doesn’t even do that much. When Joel Osteen, Ken Copeland, Paula White, or Benny Hinn take your money, you’ll never see it again (unless you happen to glimpse one of their private jets leaving a runway for Bermuda).

Creating “The Least of These”

When a major tenet of your theology is that people who invest in your church will experience wealth, while the facts show that your congregants are among the poorest and most desperate in the country, you have just been exposed. Further, when the national economy is in shambles, it should be criminal to continue to avoid taxes as a charity, yet earn immense amounts of capital on the promise of a better future. In the business world we call it a scam.

So why are we silent while this happens in every neighborhood in America?

Another concern raised by the Pew poll is the average profile of the victim. As Pentecostals tend to be the least well-educated group of believers they make a prime target for would-be millionaire pastors. In many ways, I am as green with jealousy as these prosperity preachers are with greed, in that the scammed believers have more faith in their little finger than I will probably ever know in my lifetime. They would give the shirt off their backs if they believed God wanted them to, and many of them have. These people have the purest of Christian hearts, trusting the intentions of their Shepherd as they’re led as lambs to the slaughter.

Bankrupt Prosperity

Imagine that there was a brand of theology in which people were taught that God has promised to give followers an additional arm, right from the center of their chest. Let’s say it taught that scripture had everywhere indicated that this was the case, and that by believing this “fuller” version of the gospel, you were opening up the as-of-yet closed off area of blessings that Christians have forgotten about (i.e. growing another appendage to better do God’s work).

Let’s imagine that after about 50 years the movement has spread worldwide, with followers numbering in the millions, and you look to see how many of these folks have in fact grown that “arm of the Lord.” Upon inspection you find that the vast majority of them have lost an arm, leaving them worse off and less able to serve than even those old two-armed folk. The irony would be overwhelming.

Despite the statistics, and the continued empirical evidence of devastated human lives (Pentecostals also have the most divorces), few if any Christians have plainly spoken against the Prosperity Gospel, or raised awareness that measures any merit. While high-level corruption and financial disarray are the soup du jour of recent weeks’ media cycles, this prominent and aberrant theology has been allowed to wreak destruction on a mass of people who are grasping at economic straws.

Prosperity Gospel theology is bankrupt. The debate raged for years about how much sense coveting money made in the context of biblical principles, but now the fruit has been borne and the numbers don’t lie: those who attend Prosperity Gospel churches are in fact worse off for it.

It is about American Penecostal churches but i feel that there is no differenc to nigerian churches

http://www.pubtheo.com/page.asp?pid=1471

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
God bless you.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by CodeHouse: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
chamboy: Wat dis one saying

What do you know?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by jaytee01(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
You are definitely a big FOOL! Unfortunately, you are in no position to decide who goes ANYWHERE. Brainwashed, self-rigtheous prick!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by femiaction(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2014

Brother the ultimate thing is that PAY YOUR TITHE.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lomprico(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
CodeHouse:

Good one! Now must d giving be to a pastor?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mencade5(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
lomprico:
Take am easy naah!
ba the guy find my trouble ooo. I was on my own, he just dey insult me.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by lastmessenger: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
winner01: you had better think about being delivered from the curse of the law.
If am missing something,you can let me know.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Sike(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Na only God fit judge these wicked pastors.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by spartan50(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
Don't judge anybody o...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bjcuntis(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
jaytee01: You are definitely a big FOOL! Unfortunately, you are in no position to decide who goes ANYWHERE. Brainwashed, self-rigtheous prick!
Go tell dat 2 ya fada! Ass hole.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

She Lured Him Into Sex, And This Finally Happened To Him / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? / My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.