Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,835 members, 7,938,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? (23494 Views)

Graphic Photos: The Worst Soccer/Sport Injuries Of All Times. / Brazilian Referee Beheaded By Fans For Killing Player!! / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by pickabeau1: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
shymexx:

That won't stop anything if there's a system and style in place. Ever wondered why certain Brazilian players, who were top scorers in Europe never used to make the Brazilian team? Mario Jardel? Elber?

C'mon a lot of German players play with flair, that's lacking in this generation of Brazilian players, and they're Europeans. It's about the system and style you want, not where the player plays.

Elbe n jardel were not jogo bonito players
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by chucky234(m): 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
abatically:

I know he is not a winger. He doesn't need to be a winger to play where hulk plays. He can play on the right or left drifting into the middle. Same way Mata plays for Chelsea and united. Same way Thomas muller played for Germany against Brazil.

Paulinho on the other hand is a central/box to box midfielder. A position coutinho can never play in . do u think coutinho would run after a player to initiate a tackle? He is not strong enough to play there bro.
Coutinho is a number 10 since his days in Brazil and Inter Milan, Paulinho is also a number 10 thats why Luiz Gustavo or Lucas Leivia plays behind him in the DM role to do the defending, recently you have Fernandinho and Gustavo providing cover for Paulinho.
Coutinho effect games positively when he plays in the midfield because of his vision and defence splitting passes, at Spurs he Paulinho plays the number 10 role with Dembele and Sandro/Bentaleb providing cover for him.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by ksbusari(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Smartsyn: I still can't believe that this is the same Brazilian side that won the confederation barely 12months ago...

They are the worst Brazilian side ever, no doubt about it.
confederation tournament has 2 groups( 8 teams) so it is an easy competition.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by sulmeza(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oluwapresley: Nobody is asking if they av got a descent team. Do u think this the worst Brazil team ever? Simple
scrol back up,u'l gt ur ansa
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by abatically(m): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
chucky234: Coutinho is a number 10 since his days in Brazil and Inter Milan, Paulinho is also a number 10 thats why Luiz Gustavo or Lucas Leivia plays behind him in the DM role to do the defending, recently you have Fernandinho and Gustavo providing cover for Paulinho.
Coutinho effect games positively when he plays in the midfield because of his vision and defence splitting passes, at Spurs he Paulinho plays the number 10 role with Dembele and Sandro/Bentaleb providing cover for him.

I wonder what kind of football u watch. Oscar plays no 10 for Brazil not paulinho. So let me get u straight, u said luiz Gustavo and fernadinho provides cover for paulinho. Add 4 defenders and goalkeeper that's 8 players. Then add the quartet of Oscar, hulk, neymar and Fred that is 12 players. In which planet does 12 players play football?

Paulinho is a central/ box to box midfielder while Gustavo is defensive midfielder. Gustavo partners paulinho/fernadinho in the middle while Oscar plays in front of them just behind the main striker. Paulinho has never played no 10 for Brazil. It has always been Oscar with Gustavo and paulinho or fernadinho behind him.

Also u may know coutinho played a lot of time from the left flank for Liverpool last season, cutting into the middle. Suarez and Sturridge played the middle. In modern football, playing from the flanks doesn't necessarily make u a winger. Thomas Mueller is not a winger and he plays from the right flank for Germany.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by chucky234(m): 12:05am On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

I wonder what kind of football u watch. Oscar plays no 10 for Brazil not paulinho. So let me get u straight, u said luiz Gustavo and fernadinho provides cover for paulinho. Add 4 defenders and goalkeeper that's 8 players. Then add the quartet of Oscar, hulk, neymar and Fred that is 12 players. In which planet does 12 players play football?

Paulinho is a central/ box to box midfielder while Gustavo is defensive midfielder. Gustavo partners paulinho/fernadinho in the middle while Oscar plays in front of them just behind the main striker. Paulinho has never played no 10 for Brazil. It has always been Oscar with Gustavo and paulinho or fernadinho behind him.

Also u may know coutinho played a lot of time from the left flank for Liverpool last season, cutting into the middle. Suarez and Sturridge played the middle. In modern football, playing from the flanks doesn't necessarily make u a winger. Thomas Mueller is not a winger and he plays from the right flank for Germany.
Oscar only played as number 10 against Holland with Luiz Gustavo playing the defensive midfield role, Gustavo is a DM and not CM, at Bayern he sit just in front of the back while Bastian occupied the number role.
Gustavo lost his place in the Bayern team to Javier Martinez who is also a DM, Martinez later lost his place to Toni Kroos.
Have you ever seen Gustavo (both for club and country) in opponent's 18 yard box scoring goals? The answer is NO because he task is to help the defence and keep possession, Paulihno in the other hand has scored many goals going forward from his number 10 role.
Coutihno only played from the left when Gerard and Sturridge were out injured while Joe Allen slotted in as number 10, when Gerard and Sturridge returned from injury Coutihno was moved back to midfield with Suarez on the left wing, Sterling on the right wing and Sturridge in the middle in a transitional 4 3 3 formation. Liverpool had Gerard, Henderson and Coutinho in a three man midfield with Gerard playing a deeper role while Jordan Henderson did all the running and tackles, Coutinho pull the strings just behind the front three of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by abatically(m): 12:19am On Jul 14, 2014
chucky234: Oscar only played as number 10 against Holland with Luiz Gustavo playing the defensive midfield role, Gustavo is a DM and not CM, at Bayern he sit just in front of the back while Bastian occupied the number role.
Gustavo lost his place in the Bayern team to Javier Martinez who is also a DM, Martinez later lost his place to Toni Kroos.
Have you ever seen Gustavo (both for club and country) in opponent's 18 yard box scoring goals? The answer is NO because he task is to help the defence and keep possession, Paulihno in the other hand has scored many goals going forward from his number 10 role.
Coutihno only played from the left when Gerard and Sturridge were out injured while Joe Allen slotted in as number 10, when Gerard and Sturridge returned from injury Coutihno was moved back to midfield with Suarez on the left wing, Sterling on the right wing and Sturridge in the middle in a transitional 4 3 3 formation. Liverpool had Gerard, Henderson and Coutinho in a three man midfield with Gerard playing a deeper role while Jordan Henderson did all the running and tackles, Coutinho pull the strings just behind the front three of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.

Can u show me in my comment where I said Luis Gustavo is a CM? And paulinho has never played no 10 for Brazil. Paulinho does for Brazil what Henderson does for Liverpool, he is box to box midfielder. If u think paulinho plays 10 for Brazil then where does Oscar play?
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by chucky234(m): 12:24am On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

Can u show me in my comment where I said Luis Gustavo is a CM? And paulinho has never played no 10 for Brazil. Paulinho does for Brazil what Henderson does for Liverpool, he is box to box midfielder. If u think paulinho plays 10 for Brazil then where does Oscar play?
The only match Oscar played the number 10 role was third place match against Holland, he played the right wing with Hulk occupying the left wing in a 4 4 2 formation.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by abatically(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2014
chucky234: The only match Oscar played the number 10 role was third place match against Holland, he played the right wing with Hulk occupying the left wing in a 4 4 2 formation.

4-4-2 is a classic formation that does not require a number 10. It requires 2 CM and true wingers. The wingers are required to cross the ball to the 2 strikers. This is a formation that Manchester united has used well in the past with the likes of David Beckham, Ryan giggs, Valencia, Nani supplying the strikers, it doesn't require a number 10. This is one of the main reason kagawa found it difficult to play well at united because they are accustomed to a 4-4-2 formation.

Brazil on the other hand has no true wingers, hulk is a right sided forward, not a winger, neither is Oscar. So no way they would play a 4-4-2. It has been 4-2-1-3 with Gustavo and paulinho in midfield, Oscar as number 10, hulk right forward and neymar left forward.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by chucky234(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

4-4-2 is a classic formation that does not require a number 10. It requires 2 CM and true wingers. The wingers are required to cross the ball to the 2 strikers. This is a formation that Manchester united has used well in the past with the likes of David Beckham, Ryan giggs, Valencia, Nani supplying the strikers, it doesn't require a number 10. This is one of the main reason kagawa found it difficult to play well at united because they are accustomed to a 4-4-2 formation.

Brazil on the other hand has no true wingers, hulk is a right sided forward, not a winger, neither is Oscar. So no way they would play a 4-4-2. It has been 4-2-1-3 with Gustavo and paulinho in midfield, Oscar as number 10, hulk right forward and neymar left forward.
Seem you want to teach me my job, your Manchester has playing 4 4 2 ever since Fergie took over the reign.
You had Dwight Yorke and Andrew Cole occuppying the 2 in 4 4 2 with Ryan Giggs and Beckham occupying both flanks, Paul Scholes occupied the number 10 with Roy Keane sitting deep in a four-man midfield and was the DM.
Nigeria also played the 4 4 2 formation with Okocha occupying the number role while Oliseh occupied the number 4 role, in the field of play formation doesnt appear the way the draw it on paper or on television the kick of games.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by abatically(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
chucky234: Seem you want to teach me my job, your Manchester has playing 4 4 2 ever since Fergie took over the reign.
You had Dwight Yorke and Andrew Cole occuppying the 2 in 4 4 2 with Ryan Giggs and Beckham occupying both flanks, Paul Scholes occupied the number 10 with Roy Keane sitting deep in a four-man midfield and was the DM.
Nigeria also played the 4 4 2 formation with Okocha occupying the number role while Oliseh occupied the number 4 role, in the field of play formation doesnt appear the way the draw it on paper or on television the kick of games.

U also can't teach me what I know. There is no true number 10 in a 4-4-2 set up. So u expect 2 strikers , 1 number 10 and just one central midfielder? Dude that team will leak a lot of goals. You need at least 2 players in the middle of the park. 1 holding/ defensive midfielder and one box to box/cm.

Why do u think Manchester united play kagawa on the left or Mata on the right when they play 4-4-2 while carrick and cleverly play CM? Kagawa and Mata are natural number 10 but the can't play CM that is why cleverly or fellaini or fletcher partners carrick in CM, carrick being the holding midfielder. Same thing with united of old, Roy Keane plays defensive midfield while scholes plays box to box. Whenever scholes plays no 10, there must be 2 CM behind him and that is when butt/veron plays along side Keane, that formation is no longer 4-4-2 but 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-1-2-1. U need to have 2 players in the central midfield. Same thing with Chelsea when they switch to 4-4-2 while looking for goals. They take Oscar off who is the no 10 and bring on ba to partner etoo or Torres in attack. With willian and schurrle on the flanks and 2 CM in matic and lampard/Ramirez.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by chucky234(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
abatically:

U also can't teach me what I know. There is no true number 10 in a 4-4-2 set up. So u expect 2 strikers , 1 number 10 and just one central midfielder? Dude that team will leak a lot of goals. You need at least 2 players in the middle of the park. 1 holding/ defensive midfielder and one box to box/cm.

Why do u think Manchester united play kagawa on the left or Mata on the right when they play 4-4-2 while carrick and cleverly play CM? Kagawa and Mata are natural number 10 but the can't play CM that is why cleverly or fellaini or fletcher partners carrick in CM, carrick being the holding midfielder. Same thing with united of old, Roy Keane plays defensive midfield while scholes plays box to box. Whenever scholes plays no 10, there must be 2 CM behind him and that is when butt/veron plays along side Keane, that formation is no longer 4-4-2 but 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-1-2-1. U need to have 2 players in the central midfield. Same thing with Chelsea when they switch to 4-4-2 while looking for goals. They take Oscar off who is the no 10 and bring on ba to partner etoo or Torres in attack. With willian and schurrle on the flanks and 2 CM in matic and lampard/Ramirez.
And why do you think Juup Hyncken was furious with Kagawa being played out of position?
May I also remind you that willian is also being played out of position at Chelsea, thats if you watched him play for Shakter Donesk and Anzi.
There is no formation without a number 10, except you want me to believe that Okocha was a DM in our 4 4 2 system.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by kryptonia: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
No Yes
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
ARES: they use up too much energy singing their national anthem...... they start playing at 85% strength, thats why their opponents score them in the first 5 minutes grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wicked... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

what does dignified mean

in brazil they dont do losing in a dignified manner

This is a country that had not forgotten the loss to uruguay in 1950 and changed their jerseys from white to yellow

The 06 n 10 teams had talent and failed to deliver

I will rate this team ahead of them

the question was not what set of players was the best.. it was which team
Unlucky to meet zidane.... yet they lost to an old man in the twillight of his career.. puhlezze

what excuse did the 2010 team have losing to the dutch...

is it players you are lusting after
or how they combined well together

Wicked... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
kendrick93: i will take coutinho and moura over oscar and hulk anyday.. oscar is d most uncreative 10 i hav ever seen play for brazil. hulk is just poo

Smh...grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by abatically(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
chucky234: And why do you think Juup Hyncken was furious with Kagawa being played out of position?
May I also remind you that willian is also being played out of position at Chelsea, thats if you watched him play for Shakter Donesk and Anzi.
There is no formation without a number 10, except you want me to believe that Okocha was a DM in our 4 4 2 system.

Kagawa found it difficult to fit into manchester united because Unuted are used to playing 4-4-2 which gives no room for a number 10. At Dortmund they played 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-2-1 with Kagawa playing in front of Vidal and another CM that protects Kagawa. At United, they don't have a good DM or holding midfielder, playing kagawa in the middle of the park will expose the team. Kagawa will fit in a 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-1-2-1 which is just another form of 4-3-3 formation.. with Kagawa sitting behind the striker which is where a no 10 plays. Mikel for example plays holding midfield for the current super eagles, not no 10.. Babatunde played no 10 against bosnia and argentina while azeez played no 10 against Iran. Against France it was supposed to be Moses but he lacks the tactical discipline of a natural no 10.

A 4-4-2 formation does not require a number 10. In USA 94 against Italy, Okocha started as a central midfielder with Sunday Oliseh (Oliseh being defensive minded while Okocha has freedom to move forward). Amunike played left wing, finidi right and Amokachi and Yekini as strikers. Later Amokachi was subbed and Mutiu Adepoju came in. This allowed Okocha to advance to play no 10 while Adepoju supported Oliseh in central Midfield. Okocha is more versatile and he can play as a no 10 and also central midfield, just like Tony Kroos. Kroos had to play CM along side sweinsteigger in the absence of Khedira against Argentina because Ozil was playing number 10.

In France 98 against Spain, Okocha played number 10 behind Mutiu Adepoju and Oliseh in something that looked like a 4-2-1-3 formation.

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
mafimiseleya: thats just it,when u build a team around one playr or coach u get to receive 7 up and 3crown.gbam

Smh... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
sheylarhh:
Oscar struggling?... u must be high on cheap weed

Wicked... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
priscaoge: 4JOKES

After the World Cup humiliation by Germany,Brazil Players were so ashamed of their failure that they decided to hide their identity so that they would not be recognized. David Luiz dressed like a monk. While walking on the streets of Brazil,suddenly an old lady walked up to him and said,''Hi Luiz!" Amazed and angry that an old lady had recognized him, he went back and dressed like a Muslim girl, covering his whole face leaving only the eyes. Again he bumped into the same old lady and she said, "Luiz", nice meeting you again! " Confused and puzzled he asked,"But how did you recognize me ma'am?" The old lady laughed out loud and said, "Are you stupid or what? It's me Neymar. ..LMFAO

LMAO... grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
hensben: I tried making my Facebook password "brazildefence" but the site says its too weak. grin

Wicked... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by pickabeau1: 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:
Wicked... grin grin grin

Bros i hail ooo
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Bros i hail ooo

I hail 2 oh! wink --- How your side? smiley

My Bro, Messi loss, e dey pain oh... embarassed

Anyway, life continues... cool

Success in 2014/2015 season awaits us... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by Fulaman198(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
Brazil, like Nigeria used to be a team comprised of big names.

Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Denilson, Romario, Bebeto, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, etc. etc. They have fallen since.
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by pickabeau1: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

I hail 2 oh! wink --- How your side? smiley

My Bro, Messi loss, e dey pain oh... embarassed

Anyway, life continues... cool

Success in 2014/2015 season awaits us... cheesy

Yes.. Athletico decimated

back to the duopoly.. some good keepers.. nothing on the defens front.. does not bode well

Wenger showing some uncharacteristic willingness to spend
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Yes.. Athletico decimated

back to the duopoly.. some good keepers.. nothing on the defens front.. does not bode well

Wenger showing some uncharacteristic willingness to spend

Wenger actually is breaking the banks... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by pickabeau1: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

Wenger actually is breaking the banks... grin grin grin

Surprising.. grin
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Surprising.. grin

Na so oh after clinching 1 trophy in 9 years... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by pickabeau1: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

Na so oh after clinching 1 trophy in 9 years... grin grin grin

Not necessarily only d trophy but i think its a culmination of that, the non attractiveness of th brand due to being seen as a selling cluband the stadium financing challenges
Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by IFELEKE(m): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
@Topic,Of Course!

Re: Is This The Worst Brazilian Side Ever? by coded01: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

Not necessarily only d trophy but i think its a culmination of that, the non attractiveness of th brand due to being seen as a selling cluband the stadium financing challenges

Next season EPL would be..... angry shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osimhen Double Denies Leicester Victory Against Napoli / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me / FIFA Issues Keshi Ultimatum On Saintfeit Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.