Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,395 members, 7,964,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:32 PM

Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 (12594 Views)

Is This A Real Mad Man, Prophet Or An Anti Christ? (photos +shocking Video) / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance / Anti-tithe Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2014
EMILO2STAY: ok,,,,,,,but how much tithe/zakat will i pay from it.
it is not a sin to spend it on your lust ok?
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2014
Bidam: it is not a sin to spend it on your lust ok?
it is a sin o!, tithe pastors like u said we should tithe on our increase na..

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Now let's not go there ra ra at all.

Before I proceed, let me refer you to our 58 days academic discussion on tithes. M4 did a sound analysis on tithe not being money. Weigh the arguments for and against and see that tithe being money was never and can never be scriptural:

www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123/6#20318249

And your many days arguments for and against should not supersede the Word of God.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2014
Image123:

And your many days arguments for and against should not supersede the Word of God.

First I was hoping you would remember that you were part of that project - a major actor for that matter.

Secondly, I was hoping you would remember that we labored to ensure that that project was not another mere "argument" but a solid discuss on tithes meant to be a reference point for other discussions in the future, like this thread.

And lastly, I was hoping you would remember that it was the bible we used mostly as reference in the discussion and that I am not saying anything in that post you quoted implying something superseded the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2014
DrummaBoy:

First I was hoping you would remember that you were part of that project - a major actor for that matter.

Secondly, I was hoping you would remember that we labored to ensure that that project was not another mere "argument" but a solid discuss on tithes meant to be a reference point for other discussions in the future, like this thread.

And lastly, I was hoping you would remember that it was the bible we used mostly as reference in the discussion and that the word "academic" is/was only employed to show the thoroughness the discussion was to assume.
Remember, remember. i remember God's Word above my necessary food. You called it "arguments" BTW. The fellow you were addressing was stating a clear Bible truth about the economy. You were not interested in going there AT ALL. Instead, you referred him to a thread. Remember that.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
Image123:
Remember, remember. i remember God's Word above my necessary food. You called it "arguments" BTW. The fellow you were addressing was stating a clear Bible truth about the economy. You were not interested in going there AT ALL. Instead, you referred him to a thread. Remember that.

Yes, the choice to repeat those words "remember" was deliberate because of the tendency for people like you to forget. It is hoped if one mentions it enough, you won't forget this time.

What you call "a clear bible truth" should better be called "Image123 position on that discuss" and that is why I referred him there. Mark Miwerds and candour took the pain to thrash out every biblical reason why tithes can never be money, why should I repeat it all over again when an easy reference was available. If the guy you reference was not so lazy, he could have easily gone there to look up what was said. But here you are encouraging him not to when he would have also had the opportunity to see your own submission on the matter and then make an informed decision, rather than wallow in ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
@Image123

You know, its not by force to comment on threads. The fact that you have a "reply" button on a thread does not mean you must use it even when you have nothing worthwhile to say.

Read the title of the thread: its a challenge to write an anti tithe tract for 50 pounds. If you are unhappy about it, you can offer double for a tithe tract or simply just ignore the thread.

You come here claiming to be busy and not having time to post. None of us here is jobless. We make out time for what we believe is important.

FYI I have proposed a text for the tract, its on page 1. You can start to make some sense by either posting a rebuttal to that text or simply *scat*

Enough of distractions. If it's not zakat, it is tithe can be money... kilode; can't you guys even see that the thread is not for tithers?

Abegi...

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Yes, the choice to repeat those words "remember" was deliberate because of the tendency for people like you to forget. It is hoped if one mentions it enough, you won't forget this time.

What you call "a clear bible truth" should better be called "Image123 position on that discuss" and that is why I referred him there. Mark Miwerds and candour took the pain to thrash out every biblical reason why tithes can never be money, why should I repeat it all over again when an easy reference was available. If the guy you reference was not so lazy, he could have easily gone there to look up what was said. But here you are encouraging him not to when he would have also had the opportunity to see your own submission on the matter and then make an informed decision, rather than wallow in ignorance.

It is a clear Bible truth that bible time economy wasn't currency or naira driven.
Hope you meditate on that one line enough till you get it. The rest of what you wrote is not just worth it.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Image123:

It is a clear Bible truth that bible time economy wasn't currency or naira driven.
Hope you meditate on that one line enough till you get it. The rest of what you wrote is not just worth it.

Like I told you before, I will tell you again, this thread is not a tithe discuss or debate, it is meant to draft a tract.

If despite all that what written in the discuss has not convinced you as to the real nature of the tithe, open a new thread for it and I hope those who have time to waste can meet you there. Stop detailing this one.

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Like I told you before, I will tell you again, this thread is not a tithe discuss or debate, it is meant to draft a tract.

If despite all that what written in the discuss has not convinced you as to the real nature of the tithe, open a new thread for it and I hope those who have time to waste can meet you there. Stop detailing this one.

You're crying more than the bereaved bro. Find something to do.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Image123:

You're crying more than the bereaved bro. Find something to do.

I accept that bereaved aspect; is the fraudulent practice of tithing not as bad as murder?

As long as you are on this thread, I have time for you. And pls don't throw in that "last word" of yours. It won't work this time. I want you to give this the best you've got. Hopefully by the time we are done, you would learn not to dabble into things you should not.

Let's go there...

3 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by nep2ra(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I accept that bereaved aspect; is the fraudulent practice of tithing not as bad as murder?

As long as you are on this thread, I have time for you. And pls don't throw in that "last word" of yours. It won't work this time. I want you to give this the best you've got. Hopefully by the time we are done, you would learn not to dabble into things you should not.

Let's go there...

Nice one DrummaBoy....

That will teach him.

Let's go there jooor!

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Gombs(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Still counting down to the next 4month...when I'd dig up this thread, and I'd savour its stench of failure

3 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by alexleo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Gombs: Still counting down to the next 4month...when I'd dig up this thread, and I'd savour its stench of failure

One thing is to print, another is to distribute, another is for those who collected to read and digest it. Nigerians are poor in reading. A good number of the people that will collect the tract may end up throwing it into the next waste bin after collection. Ordinary reading a long post here is a problem for most people then think of holding a long message in a tract and spending some minutes to read it. Naija people wey dey in a hurry all the time? Lets see how it goes. My prayer is this- If the message in the tract is from God let it prosper, but if it is not from God then may it fail. Amen.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by trustman: 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
Gombs: Still counting down to the next 4month...when I'd dig up this thread, and I'd savour its stench of failure

Always looking at having 'opponents' go down?

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Gombs(m): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
trustman:

Always looking at having 'opponents negativities' go down?

Fixed cool
Answer: Absolutely

3 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 19, 2014
I wonder who gave them the right to start defending the gospel when they have not finish preaching the gospel.Souls are perishing oooo. You guys should engage in a more fruitful venture rather than a fruitless one.

A word is enough. Good one gombs, negativity is destroying reality...Wish the bible days of ananias and sapphira is here.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by trustman: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2014
Bidam:
...Wish the bible days of ananias and sapphira is here.

Luke 6:45:
"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, [size=14pt]for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.[/size]"

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2014
trustman:

"The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, [size=14pt]for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.[/size]"
And what has this scripture got to do with Ananias and Saphira If you have a problem with the severity of God back then you can take it up with the Holy Spirit!

Robbers.

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2014
trustman:

Well said...

In fact, very well said...

On a second thought, could it better said than above?!
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by alexleo(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2014
trustman:

Are you afraid of what Bidam said? Is your teaching a lie? Search yourself. I don't understand the panic.

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

Are you afraid of what Bidam said? Is your teaching a lie? Search yourself. I don't understand the panic.
My bro i wonder o. The christian life in itself is a sacrificial offering to the Lord so says Paul in Romans 12:1. Maybe he should take up his argument with Paul and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

I believe you are directing your question at the wrong person. It is Bidam you should be asking those question and possibly, also, ask him what could be eating him up.

Check the Genesis of his post here, it has been one diatribe after another. What exactly has anyone said that requires a reminder of Ananias and Saphira? Is it not high time someone shows him the source of his frustrations, which is so well captured in the scripture trustman provided?

If anyone is panicking here, it should be firstly Gombs and then lately Bidam. And for reasons no one can tell because no one has asked them for anything to make the tracts. So the first question that you should be asking them both, or which all of you tithers should be asking yourselves is what exactly is your business here on this thread? And if it is to exercise your freedom of expression, then what exactly is biting you guys about the printing of a tithe tract? Or are you pastors whose business would be threatened by the project?

Let's start with those for now.

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I believe you are directing your question at the wrong person. It is Bidam you should be asking those question and possibly, also, ask him what could be eating him up.

Check the Genesis of his post here, it has been one diatribe after another. What exactly has anyone said that requires a reminder of Ananias and Saphira? Is it not high time someone shows him the source of his frustrations, which is so well captured in the scripture trustman provided?

If anyone is panicking here, it should be firstly Gombs and then lately Bidam. And for reasons no one can tell because no one has asked them for anything to make the tracts. So the first question that you should be asking them both, or which all of you tithers should be asking yourselves is what exactly is your business here on this thread? And if it is to exercise your freedom of expression, then what exactly is biting you guys about the printing of a tithe tract? Or are you pastors whose business would be threatened by the project?

Lol. If you are clean then you shouldn't be afraid of my post. One of the work of the Holy Spirit is God's righteous judgement. Jesus said He will Purge His Church. As for me i am never afraid in the Household of faith. It is only guilty folks like you that are afraid. Your rantings here like a sissy won't change biblical truth and reality.

The GRACE you seem to enjoy now has an expiry date.cheesy
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by alexleo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Its a very simple thing. If I am not lying about an issue and somebody quotes Ananias case to me i will simply say - no problem. A clear conscience shouldn't panic in such statement. When you panic it shows there is something behind it. Let me tell you that nothing is biting me about what you people are doing. I'm not rigid about tithe. I'm not also convinced to stop and i dont condemn those who are not paying tithe. As you are led pls go ahead. Its a free world. My simple prayer is- If what you people are doing is truly from God, may it prosper but if it is not from God, may it crash. Amen. I dont think the Op banned tithers from commenting. If he did, i will stop commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bidam: Lol

Lol?

That's a new one. I expected you to say "yawn", but apparently you yourself know that you've overused it and thus the resort to the more common "lol".

I threw out a bate and it caught you. Very good, let's start the "exorcism"...

If you are clean then you shouldn't be afraid of my post.

Nobody is afraid of you, awe, if anythingvat all, it's your cognition we question and that is why one must endure you in an exchange like this bc ideally you should be ignored.

One of the work of the Holy Spirit is God's righteous judgement. Jesus said He will Purge His Church. As for me i am never afraid in the Household of faith. It is only guilty folks like you that are afraid.

Your friend on this forum, Image123, was the one who came to the new thread on WOF sermonizing about Jesus' parable on the wheat and tares. Telling us that we should not expose errors because Jesus said wheat and tares should grow together. I took pains to explain to him that that scriptures shows us that it is the duty of God's servants to distinguish wheats from tares, something that is well done on that thread. As for rooting out tares, that is the exclusive presrrve of God. We were not doing God's job on that thread.

This is exactly what you have expressed in the above statement.

If God be true to his word, and judgement must start in his house, then every man who has been using the name of Jesus to merchandise the gospel is on a collision course with God's wrath.

Everyman who is teaching a false gospel of a monetary tithe and have set up avenues to fleece Christ flock is also going to collide with this wrath.

All those who have aided and abated this false gospel shall not be left out.

And if I and others, have in anyway stood against Gods righteous will in his church by championing an anti tithe position, we shall also not be left out in Gods judgement (I say this with every sense of responsiblity).

Your rantings here like a sissy won't change biblical truth and reality.

Let your words be seasoned with salt and have grace in them. Even in rebuke, learn to do it in love.

The GRACE you seem to enjoy now has an expiry date

Apparently, for you too.

For what exactly are we without the grace of God?

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by DrummaBoy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
alexleo:

Its a very simple thing. If I am not lying about an issue and somebody quotes Ananias case to me i will simply say - no problem. A clear conscience shouldn't panic in such statement. When you panic it shows there is something behind it. Let me tell you that nothing is biting me about what you people are doing. I'm not rigid about tithe. I'm not also convinced to stop and i dont condemn those who are not paying tithe. As you are led pls go ahead. Its a free world. My simple prayer is- If what you people are doing is truly from God, may it prosper but if it is not from God, may it crash. Amen. I dont think the Op banned tithers from commenting. If he did, i will stop commenting.

Good.

And "amen" too to the bolded.

Read my last response to Bidam and see my statement on judgement, that I am ready to be held responsible by God for what I am doing here.

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
What's with drumb and his clique mentality? Na God say make you no own NL oh.
Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Lol?

That's a new one. I expected you to say "yawn", but apparently you yourself know that you've overused it and thus the resort to the more common "lol".

I threw out a bate and it caught you. Very good, let's start the "exorcism"...

Nobody is afraid of you, awe, if anythingvat all, it's your cognition we question and that is why one must endure you in an exchange like this bc ideally you should be ignored.

Your friend on this forum, Image123, was the one who came to the new thread on WOF sermonizing about Jesus' parable on the wheat and tares. Telling us that we should not expose errors because Jesus said wheat and tares should grow together. I took pains to explain to him that that scriptures shows us that it is the duty of God's servants to distinguish wheats from tares, something that is well done on that thread. As for rooting out tares, that is the exclusive presrrve of God. We were not doing God's job on that thread.

This is exactly what you have expressed in the above statement.

If God be true to his word, and judgement must start in his house, then every man who has been using the name of Jesus to merchandise the gospel is on a collision course with God's wrath.

Everyman who is teaching a false gospel of a monetary tithe and have set up avenues to fleece Christ flock is also going to collide with this wrath.

All those who have aided and abated this false gospel shall not be left out.

And if I and others, have in anyway stood against Gods righteous will in his church by championing an anti tithe position, we shall also not be left out in Gods judgement (I say this with every sense of responsiblity).

Let your words be seasoned with salt and have grace in them. Even in rebuke, learn to do it in love.

Apparently, for you too.

For what exactly are we without the grace of God?
You talked about "my frustrations" if that is not rantings like a sissy i do not know what you can qualify that to be. And lastly in terms of cognition, you should go check whose posts is full of irrelevancies and pointless remarks! Clearly yours not mine. The tithe phobia you have since you came here on nairaland can be cured, if you allow God to work on your life.

But clearly your obsessions about God's tithe won't let you allow Him to help you.

There are christians who tithe without having any problems doing so. No verse in the bible condemns ANYONE for tithing.

Tithing in itself as a form of giving is not condemned anywhere in the bible.

Those who want to express their GIVING in the form of tithes TODAY are absolutely free to do so.

I will keep saying this TRUTH till it sinks in and you are liberated from this foolish madness of yours. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Good.

And "amen" too to the bolded.

Read my last response to Bidam and see my statement on judgement, that I am ready to be held responsible by God for what I am doing here.

Lol. Atheists self claim this too. Fact is you are already being held responsible, ready or not.

2 Likes

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Gombs(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

If anyone is panicking here, it should be firstly Gombs and then lately Bidam. And for reasons no one can tell because no one has asked them for anything to make the tracts. [size=16pt]So the first question that you should be asking them both, or which all of you tithers should be asking yourselves is what exactly is your business here on this thread? [/size]And if it is to exercise your freedom of expression, then what exactly is biting you guys about the printing of a tithe tract? Or are you pastors whose business would be threatened by the project?

Thanks for the laugh bro grin grin

Perfect case of crying wolf! U shd see the way u invade threads....and I just predicted doom for the said project, bidam only made a wish...u were pricked in conscience, why? I don't know, but like alex asked? What art thou afraid of if u doing the right thing? Why the sudden panic? Could it be fear of apparent failure of the project?

1 Like

Re: Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 by Image123(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Hold on exorcist. You should learn the meaning and use of words before typing them. i didn't sermonize nobody about that parable. i simply added that passage to the mix in response to Anony (i think) IN CONTEXT of the exchanges with Ihe. Lying is still a sin, i won't give it nice names or big grammar so we're clear here. Sorry for the pains you took, hope you're better now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service / If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Pastor Alex Omokudu Of Victorious Pentecoastal Assembly London Remarried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.