Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,856 members, 7,899,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease (707 Views)

Pls Guy Preview This Website / Please Preview This Chat Room. / Preview This Site Plsssss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by cmon(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2008
I just designed and developed the entire site www.futocomm.com again and I'm feeling funky with myself. Do I have the right to? Please preview the site and punch as many holes as possible.

Pls Note: All pages of the site have not being upgraded to the new layout so that shouldn't be a hole. Get it! wink

Site link: www.futocomm.com
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by switchmax8: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2008
Hey,
you tried the your site was ok but,hope you are not using templates that has already been used?you have to be yourself in designing instead of copying other people's site.There is one guy here that use Obama's campaign site to design Eyimba FC site and he was adviced on that.
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by smartsoft(m): 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2008
what i don't understand is when visual designers visualize a site well and design, someone will come up here and say rubbish, ? does that site looks like a template or boiler template if u can't design such site just admit.and learn. infact better of your swicthmax or whatever you call it, i design one that ppl here critice well, someone at the end was telling me yesterday i use a boiler temp, can u imagine that ? *Hisssssssssssssss*
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by yawatide(f): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2008
IMHO, it is better than http://www.switchmaxdesign.com/

Having said that, here are my holes:

1) Contact page looks different from home page. y? Also spking of conact page, why not indicate to me which fields are mandatory, rather than let me submit first? better yet, y not implement front end validation?

2) I forgot my password but couldn't change it. y? click to find out: http://www.futocomm.com/members/forgotPassword.php

3) news page: based on colors chosen, it is sort of confusing to me to differentiate b/w the various links. A little top and bottom margins wouldn't hurt.

That's my 30,000 foot view.
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by chessguru(m): 7:06am On Oct 11, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

IMHO, it is better than http://www.switchmaxdesign.com/

Having said that, here are my holes:

1) Contact page looks different from home page. y? Also spking of conact page, why not indicate to me which fields are mandatory, rather than let me submit first? better yet, y not implement front end validation?

2) I forgot my password but couldn't change it. y? click to find out: http://www.futocomm.com/members/forgotPassword.php

3) news page: based on colors chosen, it is sort of confusing to me to differentiate b/w the various links. A little top and bottom margins wouldn't hurt.

That's my 30,000 foot view.
nice comment
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by cmon(m): 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2008
@smartSoft,
You know, I really don't know why people can't differentiate between a modified template and a website you actually sit down to design from start to finish?

@swichmax8,
To satisfy your curiosity, Everything was designed and developed by me.

@yawa-ti-de noo ni grin
Hole 1: Probably you didn't see the note I wrote. I'll state it again
please Note: All pages of the site have not being upgraded to the new layout so that shouldn't be a hole. Get it!
I guess that answers the inconsistency in the page layout. For the front end validation and stuff, I should integrate that when I'm done with the page.

Hole 2: I actually didn't know that the link for 'forgotPassword' was broken. It's been fixed. Thanks for that.

Hole 3: I'll look into that right away. Thanks

Who else wants to go for it? cool
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by yawatide(f): 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2008
cmon,

Let's re-examine hole 1, shall we?

By fallacy of contradiction, I think your post fails. Let's focus on the first paragraph which to me sets the stage for the rest of your post:

I just designed and developed the entire site www.futocomm.com again and I'm feeling funky with myself. Do I have the right to? Please preview the site and punch as many holes as possible.

If I see the bolded section, why would I bother reading the rest? Granted I will admit I didn't read the entire thing, I hope you understand where I am coming from with respect to your english.

Next time, you could say, "please review the home page as I will be using it as a template for the rst of the site" or something like that. Just my humble opinion anyways. In other news, I am happy I was able to point out the other stuff and that most importantly, you take them in good faith.
Re: On Your Marks, Set, Preview This Site. Pleeeeeeeeease by cmon(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2008
Okay ooo! Mo ti gbo. Mo fee yawa oo! grin

(1) (Reply)

Learn Website Design/development Totally Free! / My New Video Blog! / Can Someone Help Paste Google Ads On My Page Source?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.