Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,596 members, 7,929,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

Guyana - Telling It As It Is - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guyana - Telling It As It Is (15688 Views)

About Guyana, Caribbean Island, South America.. / Living In Guyana / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
@holyghostfire thank you. I would love to help with information about the countries you inquired about but I have no clue about their operations. Sorry.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Vicjay1, Please you may go here to get all the information you need on this university.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Vicjay1 Sorry, I omitted the website by mistake http://www.tauedu.org/admission-process.html
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by tellwisdom: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
dd25251: @chukxie. Thank you and you're welcome. I've learnt a long time ago that there are good and bad people everywhere so I'll never put down any nation. I've had mixed experience with Nigerians so I know that they too are human and trust me of all the nations I've met, there's something about Nigerians that I really love. They are bold and not afraid to be who they are.

How can I come to gunayansh?? sad
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chukxie(m): 12:09am On Aug 01, 2014
tellwisdom:

How can I come to gunayansh?? sad

Where/ what is gunayansh?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by tellwisdom: 1:12am On Aug 01, 2014
chukxie:

Where/ what is gunayansh?

Where the Op is
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chukxie(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2014
tellwisdom:

Where the Op is

You mean Guyana?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by tellwisdom: 3:36am On Aug 01, 2014
chukxie:

You mean Guyana?

Is that the spelling??
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by chukxie(m): 6:18am On Aug 01, 2014
tellwisdom:

Is that the spelling??

Why not google it?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Originalsly: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
tellwisdom:

Is that the spelling??
is it not in the headline? Ret**d.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by tellwisdom: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
Originalsly: is it not in the headline? Ret**d.

Your elder sister yansh angry
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
@dd25251 is it true dat guyana is d poorest country in south america
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by frank94(m): 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
its one of the poorest in south america and the carribbean island.guyanese are all over the islands searching for good life.never you try and go their unless you will end up their for life without going back home,be warned south america is not worth traveling to,better you go to europe or dubia or quatar with work permit if you insist you want to travel out.but for me stay back home and start business.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
@holyghostfire and frank94, yes, Guyana is one of the poorest country in South America but like everywhere else there are the rich and poor everywhere. In my first message, I said no one should come to Guyana if they are looking for milk and honey. If you have milk and honey already then it's best to stay where you are. I also mentioned under what conditions one can make it in Guyana. Our greatest asset are our people. We are some of the most hospitable in the world.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
most people still don't know that Nigeria is richer than the whole of South America, South Africa and some part in Europe and Asia.

Corruption is our problem.

We have everything including the population...

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by DaaSlim(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
@OP
Thanks for this little info.
I open Nairaland to create a topic about how i can travel to Suriname and i saw your post. I have learnt so much from it.
We have no Suriname embassy in Nigeria. How do i apply for the visa?
I have a Suriname girlfriend that can send me invitation too.
How do i go about it?
Please any information from you is welcome.
Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
@DaaSlim, I would love to help you but I don't have any information on Suriname. It's another country with it's own rules.
@Joel3, yes Nigeria is very rich indeed and Guyana too small for much commercial activity. Guyana is poor but when I compared our passport to a Nigeria passport, I realise that we have more access to the world visa-free and less hassle. Also, Guyanese are more hospitable to Nigerians than many other countries. Nigerians can connect with Guyanese culture very easily because of many similarities. Guyana is not the place for a foreign hussle. If you want to go to University at a relative cheap cost, it's the place and the qualifications are recognised globally in many countries. If you want to have a decent life with Guyanese woman or Guyanese man as a married couple, it's great. If you have money, it's great because the people are simply lovely. Guyana is just a simple place for uncomplicated people.
@Joel3, I plan to visit your beautiful country some time soon. I must visit Nigeria before I die.

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Originalsly: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
@Daaslim....why not ask your Surinamese gf about Suriname? About flights I think the easiest route would be thru the Netherlands where you can find several flights to Suriname.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by frank94(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
For the one that want info about suriname,make sure your girl friend is at the airport waiting for you the day your flight will touch down at suriname airport,because the immigration their wont laugh with you with that your green passport at the point of entry.Even with your invitation they can still deport you at the point of entry unless your girl is their to speak on your behalf .make sure you have your paid hotel booking not reservationgrin For your flight hmmmm no be small thingoo cheesy with ethiopian airline no transit visa,it will take you 2 to 3 days to suriname in the caribbean,and will cost you 430k to 480k,because you will change flight in brazil that will take you to the carribean islands and their is possibilities that you will sleep over in piarco international airport trinidad or at Hato international airport in curacao or at Reina int airport Aruba.ET only stop in brazil then you connect with copa airline.With emmirate it will cost you 500k to 600k depends on the flight agent you meet.Then emmirate stops at brazil also and you connect with copa air line the same with SA airline.For transit in uk,holland and germany to suriname in the carribbean,you need transit visa and the flight ticket is around 350 to 380k depends on the time of your travel and agent you meet.But i will still advice you,stay back in nigeria carribbean women are not ones you can rely on,im here and i know how things work.if its europe i will advice you to go,atleast if anything home is near.A lot of nigerians are stranded in the carribbean and latin american countries no money to feed talk of flight ticket home 100 of nigerians are in the immigration camp in trinidad and tobago no money for ticket back home,even the ones that spend 2 to 3 hours on water just to cross over from latin america to the carribean and thinking things will be alright,but when they get to the carribean they meet the worst.immigration and border officails in good carribean countries does not laugh with nigerians and africans.Soon i will move back to nigeria and open a forum about traveling.Nigerians should be enlightened about traveling not all that glitters is gold.be warned grin

7 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
@frank94. I couldn't agree with you more that all that glitters is not gold. I feel sorry for many Africans that leave their home countries in such of a better future only to find themselves in a bad situation. The Caribbean is very small so unless you have good money or a good wife/husband from those parts, things will be tough. Africans tend to stand out everywhere so that makes it even easier for them to be located. Looking for a better future may also mean a bit of open-mindedness all concern. The Caribbean is great but some adjustments may be necessary if no money is available.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by JustCare: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
dd25251: @holyghostfire and frank94, yes, Guyana is one of the poorest country in South America but like everywhere else there are the rich and poor everywhere. In my first message, I said no one should come to Guyana if they are looking for milk and honey. If you have milk and honey already then it's best to stay where you are. I also mentioned under what conditions one can make it in Guyana. Our greatest asset are our people. We are some of the most hospitable in the world.
okay...I get you!
can you get me hooked up to any of your girl friends there ...for a serious relationship. I may even bring her down here to feel Nigeria.
I'm serious...an interesting and charming lady is what I need since you girls have good sense of hospitality.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by amnestylaw1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
dd25251: I'm Guyanese born, groomed and breed.
If you are leaving Nigeria or Ghana because you would like to make quick money in Guyana. It's the wrong place to come. Poor Guyanese are going to other countries for the same purpose.
If you would like to start your life all over again, go to school, gain a passport with more international visa privileges than Ghana and Nigeria then Guyana can be a possible destination.
The education is affordable and accepted in many places globally. You should have your own money for your upkeep or have a reliable sponsor to be able to live and study in Guyana.
Guyana has a similar culture to Ghana and Nigeria but is still more Westernised compared to both countries.
Guyanese are generally friendly and hospital so if you treat them right, they will treat you right.
Guyana only has 750,000 people so if anyone start a spree of lies, they will quickly be found out and you will be scorned by all.
Our education institutions are not large because there is no need for it to be large. The size is large enough to suit it's population.

One of the most straight-forward write-up I ever read. Thanks for enlightening us, OP. A question I'd like to ask is whether you have distance learning universities or colleges in Guyana where Guyanese and foreigners can take classes or complete program online?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
@JustCare. I wish that I could have helped you but I have no expertise in date-matching. Sorry.
@amnestylaw1, thanks for your comment. Guyana is yet to catch up with globalisation in terms of education. We're still into chalk and talk. Sorry that I couldn't be of help in that area.

2 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by amnestylaw1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
dd25251: @JustCare. I wish that I could have helped you but I have no expertise in date-matching. Sorry.
@amnestylaw1, thanks for your comment. Guyana is yet to catch up with globalisation in terms of education. We're still into chalk and talk. Sorry that I couldn't be of help in that area.

Thanks you Ms Anthony. smiley
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
@dd25251 I will like 2 join ur ministry,
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2014
@amnestlaw1. You're welcome.
@holyghostfire, what Ministry may I ask? Thanks
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 1:11am On Aug 09, 2014
@holyghostfire. I now see that you are referring to POGMIGUYANA. How would you like to join and you're not in Guyana?
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by holyghostfire: 11:06am On Aug 09, 2014
@dd25251 I want to know how I will introduce it in Nigeria, cos is a means of spreading d gospel of christ.
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by frank94(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
dd25251: @frank94. I couldn't agree with you more that all that glitters is not gold. I feel sorry for many Africans that leave their home countries in such of a better future only to find themselves in a bad situation. The Caribbean is very small so unless you have good money or a good wife/husband from those parts, things will be tough. Africans tend to stand out everywhere so that makes it even easier for them to be located. Looking for a better future may also mean a bit of open-mindedness all concern. The Caribbean is great but some adjustments may be necessary if no money is available.
what did you mean that you could not agree with me that not all that glitters is gold?tell me,Nigerian alone is 70% richer than the whole of the Caribbean countries put together.quote"not all that glitters is gold,hope you understand my English very well.Because if you don't,i will explicit more to your own understanding ;Nigerians especially the less educated ones are easily deceived by agents,telling them their is gold and honey and even pluck money on the trees to a so called country he is about to procure visa for.But the client wont know that Nigeria is 100% far more better than the country he is about to waste his money and his precious time and also regret so much on,A case study Nigerians in Bolivia and other useless places in the name of abroad.Some are deceived with what they see on the Television the beauty of streets and all that,but when they get their the reverse will be the case.They end up living in the bush"unbearable living condition"(interior part of the country) in the said country they saw on television with no money and hard labour to feed.Some are deceived by their friends hips"i made so much money in Malaysia see ma Range sports car"when the friend get to Malaysia with him after spending money on visa and ticket to see and get that thing which glitters like gold when they were back home,he end up getting nothing instead suffering.please i warn every one that have intention of studying in guyana to keep his or her money back in the pocket,its far more better you study in ghana than in guyana or you study in trinidad and tobago,bahamas or other good places you can survive after studies not guyanaooooo.Dont say i did not warn you,had i known is mr late. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Originalsly: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Frank94...and traveler to Suriname....first off....Suriname, like Guyana is in South America. If you can connect to KLM or Surinameairline your trip would be shorter and cheaper. If connecting with Copa be your choice....then explore connecting with Copa closest to Panama....fly to Guyana and overland to Suriname. There is a border crossing...not as strict as the airports...but like Frank said....they never be smiling. On education.....the University of the West Indies (UWI) has campuses in various Caribbean countries but not Guyana. UWI degrees carry weight internationally. There are also offshore US universities in the Caribbean. My advice in general...is ehmmmm......listento Frank94....with both ears and your mouth open. The OP is ehmmm....also frank!....telling it like it is...as far as I know!
Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by dd25251(f): 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Originalsly and frank94, you're both correct. Frank, I meant that I agree with you. We use the expression "I couldn't agree with you more" to mean "I agree with you". We also use the expression (slang) "This food nice bad" to mean "The food is very nice. It chop good ooh". By the way, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Guyana is Nigerian so there must be some positive ooh. I also have a few Nigerian friends who migrated to Guyana, married Guyanese of course, studied in Guyana but then migrated to greener pastures. Students from other Caribbean countries also study in Guyana. It's a good transit point not necessarily for long-term fortune. Of course, as a Guyanese, I do love my home country ooh but like Nigerians, would say that you have to have real money to live well deh ooh. Money, aside, Guyanese are some of the most loving and caring people on earth. Money can't buy that. I've seen people achieve money but they are heartless and rootless and lack love for humanity. Guyanese know how to eat rice, salt and pepper and laugh to glory. The poorest Guyanese will still find something to offer you to eat or drink if you visit their homes. For me, life is not all about money. If you're looking for love, a new start, affordable education, then Guyana is the place to go. Guyana is also safer to live than some countries. If you're in search of money only, no way ooh. However, where there's great love and care, people can conquer the unconquerable. Guyana is similar to Nigeria and Ghana but with less drama. It's even closer in culture to Nigeria and that is why I guess I like Nigerians, Ghanaian and Kenyans so much. I love them so much that I wanted to help them to come to study here but I realised that most people are after money while my focus is life, a new start. I have a different motive. Yes, there are many con agents everywhere. Someone in Africa even wanted to collect money on behalf of me to get people to Guyana but I refused. I'm not into that. I even decided to not even offer anyone that opportunity again. I'll just help friends that I know so that we have a mutual understanding that I'm only helping them to get an education in a safer and more caring environment from which they can move on to somewhere else later.

4 Likes

Re: Guyana - Telling It As It Is by Joel3(m): 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
@dd25251

do you watch nigeria nollywood?

Is guyanese even listen to nigeria music art and tv drama?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Lagosians Love The BRT / Canada Or Uk / Air France Announces The Suspension Of Flights To Niger & Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.