Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,811 members, 7,909,106 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 05:44 PM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23716 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
favoryte33: y d sentiments? Whaaaaaat? Eminem murdered what? Back 2 d topic,first wats d word RAP means rythmic applied poetry. Pls can u answer dis question? Does eminem's rap have any rythm not 2 talk of lyrically applying poetry? He decieves wif pacy& empty raps wifout bars. Dos who know what rap entails definately know dat eminem is no near being an mc.whites just have a way of fooling we blacks.:

thanks for pointing that out..eminem used to be goord for his story telling ..since he grew up and ran out of stories to tell..he sold out and changed to poppy tracks and was singing fast to wow little kids with little or no rap knowledge .lil Wayne actually rapped on a song where his speed was equal to that of eminem on rap God (Google it). fast rapping isn't too special almost all rappers can do this
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by ehixking(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
I was really boillin' within me while reading this bullshit called article, how did it get to the FP,
All these children born in 1990 would come on nairaland and start talking hiphop whwn hiphop has even died before they where born.

Lil wayne that sings better than he raps
Does this nigga even know what am MC means

Gosh!!!!!

He was talking about GodMC and am sure he doesn't even know who RAKIM is...

Let me just stop here Nairaland na him cos all these rubbish wey KRS1,Nas,rakim,Jay z still dey alive this mumu dey talk lil wayne

Does he even have a 5mic album.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Milllz: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
@op I would have comment on your Rap comparison until I noticed your difference between the 2 was 'How to love' in other words, Love song, very contradictory. Tunechi still has a long way to go before his leg gets as big as Em's shoes, even the discographies ain't enough to justify this one. Poster above said it best, lil wayne sings better than he can rap, when it comes to rap, leave it.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by lyriclekidd(m): 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
favoryte33: y d sentiments? Whaaaaaat? Eminem murdered what? Back 2 d topic,first wats d word RAP means rythmic applied poetry. Pls can u answer dis question? Does eminem's rap have any rythm not 2 talk of lyrically applying poetry? He decieves wif pacy& empty raps wifout bars. Dos who know what rap entails definately know dat eminem is no near being an mc.whites just have a way of fooling we blacks.:

wat re u saying

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by oseiwe(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd: With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch ofthe rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.People Love the Underdog...Eminem has complicated rhymes and rhythms. There's no denying the man knows how to put together a sentenceand spit it -- if complicated equated to musicality, however, why is"Yesterday" the most covered song in pop culture and not "Crazy Train," the fast-paced and just as classic track from Ozzy Osbourne? There's nodenying Eminem is a legendary MC anda great artist, but, while he may have seemed like the innovator in real time, looking back at his archive, the majority of his work doesn't hold up. His cartoony beats, dated pop culture references (who are Moby and Carson Daly, and why is Em mad at them?) and comical lyrics mostly fall flat. Eminem's problem is he blew up too quick -- so he never really had a chanceto mature as an artist.Lil Wayne, on the other hand, came up in the shadows of Juvenile, Manny Fresh, and Baby. Whereas Em was Aftermath's LeBron James, Weezy started as Cash Money's Allen Iverson. At best, Duane Carter was a sidekick, destined to VH1 reality and dating shows. Slim Shady is Vanilla Ice with credibility and skill; he's the Yankees, and he was supposed to win. Lil Wayne is a blinged out Southern rapper like any other. There's no reason he should still be relevant, but he is. All Marshall Mathers had to do in order to stick out was show up; Weezy had to work for his -- and that's real hip-hop.Less Is More...The career-defining single for each of emcee is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," an ode to the struggle of becoming a rapper, and Lil Wayne's "Lollipop," a song about sex. Both songs are approximately five minutes long, and Em fits about 50 percent more words in his song. Weezy's lyrics are much more repetitive, so Shady is essentially working twice as hard to produce the same effect. This certainly proves Marshall is talented and hard-working. It proves he can spit complicated rhyme patterns. But is that what makes a great song? By accomplishing the same thing (a number 1 single) with half the words, Tunechi proves he has a better grasp of lyricism than the Rap God.While word count seems like a wacky way to compare two lyricists, if we're calling someone the greatest rapper alive, it's an important consideration. Lyrics are words, and, as Twitter has proven time and time again, the less words you use to express a thought, the more appealing it is. Being able to express a concise thought on a subject is the mark of a genius, and doing it melodically is a sign of a musical prodigy -- both of which describe Lil Wayne.Content Marketing...Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while LilWayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about reallife and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjectsEminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, eveninto his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.A Goon to a Goblin...Relatability is an important consideration when determining an artist's "star power," and Eminem is much more relatable than Lil Wayne on the surface. Em is an every man who everyone can relate to on some level, while Tunechi is subtitled in his interviews. Aside from having a recognizable face, Slim dresses, looks, and acts like everyone else on the streets (albeit a bit more amped up). He could be anyone's son, neighbor, father, brother, etc. If you showed up to work looking like Weezy, on the other hand, you're going to be fired, and probably arrested. Lil Wayne is a Martian, and if it weren't for music, he wouldn't fit in anywhere.Unfortunately for Em, star power doesn't equate to being the best MC, and his relatability is only skin deep. People may get angry and want to kill themselves or someone else in their head every so often, but a large portion of his portfolio is angry. Basically, Eminem is a really good battle rapper, which is one of the moreclassical styles of hip-hop. Lil Wayne, however, pushes the sonic boundaries of the game to new levels. Both"Lollipop" and "How to Love" take hip-hop to levels that Shady is incapable of pulling off. Weezy is talented in any musical genre; Marshall Mathers is not.The Real Slim Shady...Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release aunique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC
Until I see the source, I won't read it!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
DahtDopeBoi: Lil Wayne is good no doubt but don't bring him anywhere close to Shady, that Shady guy is something else, he chow rappers with reckless abandon, go and ask JayZ grin and btw What is the diff btw Erigga and lil Wayne

I bet you haven't even listened to Carter 3.. it's no doubt he has fallen off..but listened to half of his discography and you'll reason with me

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by uzoexcel(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
why dd the mod delete my egusi soup post??
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by acenazt: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Some guys don't know the difference between a rapper and an MC. Lil wayne can be called the best rapper but he isn't an mc at all!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by lyriclekidd(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

thanks for pointing that out..eminem used to be goord for his story telling ..since he grew up and ran out of stories to tell..he sold out and changed to poppy tracks and was singing fast to wow little kids with little or no rap knowledge .lil Wayne actually rapped on a song where his speed was equal to that of eminem on rap God (Google it). fast rapping isn't too special almost all rappers can do this

u are high on dumbness bro. .LILwayne dat rap slower dan a snail. .eminem got 6 mtv nomination dis Year Where is tunechi? To me d greatest emcee alive is immortal technique. .dude murks eminem on all d tracks dy copped together
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by azimibraun: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Son:Daddy what is Hip- Hop?

Father :Hip Hop is Nas

Son: I thought u will fail it

Father: No way son, I ws there when illmatic dropped

Son: and I was there when stillmatic dropped.

Father: and we ar both here when hip hop died.

Father and son rocking Nas in 2 diffrent generations.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Anacksunamun: 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:
Wayne aint the best rapper out there,,and em may be more lyrical than him (No LOve, Forever verse) but Wayne is more enjoyable than him,,i bet most of you haters have only heard lollipop,,listen to half his discography and you`ll reason with me
you opined that he's more lyrical than Wayne and yet you are saying Wayne is better than Em, because Wayne is more "enjoyable" than Em? What's the sense in that? We're talking real rap and you are saying Wayne is better than Em because of "enjoyablity." Smh.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 9:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sanchez01: Nice! But I totally disagree. Lil Wayne is nowhere near Em, yes! You did not include what I really wanted to see in your write-up; rap and hip-hop are both considered to be genres of the black culture. In that regard, you hardly see a white guy making headway and competing with supposed legends of such genres. Em has proven to be a rap king and a rap god overtime. He might not be the love type and I can say it authoritatively that Lil Wayne is no different from him in this regard. Slim's lyrics are 'worded' and his songs are deep because they often bother about things that happen in day-day activities, this is a true mark of a legend; unlike putting up gangsterish outfits with loopy choruses, shallow subject matters which regularly revolve around drugs, se.x and money. Em might not be a fan of love songs but his collabo with Riri on 'Just Gonna' in particular is an indication that he is extra-ordinary. I have watched several videos of Em dropping freestyles but I have never been privileged to see any of Lil Wayne's. Each time I watch Em, I end up saying 'this guy is a walking rap C4 explosive waiting and willing to explode each time he has the opportunity to'.

see ignorance..the funniest thing is that lil Wayne doesn't write his own lyrics (Google this).. he freestyled half of his career.. if you don't know about an artist..must you say shit you don't know!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by azimibraun: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wyclef Jean said this a long time ago" you are not an MC... You a CM common murdarfucker" lil wayne is jst any common murdarfucker like 2chainz and the rest of them.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by azimibraun: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
I urge all of you to listen to " Let Nas down" and " let Nas down the remix" by J cole.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Anacksunamun: you opined that he's more lyrical than Wayne and yet you are saying Wayne is better than Em, because Wayne is more "enjoyable" than Em? What's the sense in that? We're talking real rap and you are saying Wayne is better than Em because of "enjoyablity." Smh.

if you think being lyrical means you're the best mc..you're making a huge mistake..
Wayne has more better albums..
a better discography
and relatable lyrics

.. have you even listened to half of his discography
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Rashdimuh(m): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz
Well Nas is good no doubt about that but I believe with time Kdot will surpass all of them.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Anacksunamun: you opined that he's more lyrical than Wayne and yet you are saying Wayne is better than Em, because Wayne is more "enjoyable" than Em? What's the sense in that? We're talking real rap and you are saying Wayne is better than Em because of "enjoyablity." Smh.

if you think being lyrical means you're the best mc..you're making a huge mistake..
Wayne has more better albums..
a better discography
and relatable lyrics

.. have you even listened to half of his discography
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
jayseehe: funny enough. they are my two favorite rappers of all time.
Eminem is my best then lil Wayne

Eminem's track (lose yourself) was so great

my best and the best rapper still remains Eminem, I'm a die hard fan of Eminem... he makes me hate 9ja music

I'll surely give best lyricist to lil Wayne.... his lyrics make sense die
lyricist? Fucck that shiiit. All lil wayne says are punch lines.. Just listen to dedication five... Although they sound nice and all... I just dont consider it as rap
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by sEGXY2(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
U didn't even ask for copyright before plagiarizing..... and u didn't mention ya source
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
lyriclekidd:

u are high on dumbness bro. .LILwayne dat rap slower dan a snail. .eminem got 6 mtv nomination dis Year Where is tunechi? To me d greatest emcee alive is immortal technique. .dude murks eminem on all d tracks dy copped together

I've read many ret**ded comments here..but this is by far the most ret**ded.. You base your judgement on awards..lmaooo ,I bet you've never listened to a rap album before.. The Monster ,a pop track was nominated for 5 of the 6 nominations..we're talking about rap dumbass.

Nas who is regarded as the greatest MC by many doesn't even have a Grammy award..so stop talking like a retard

#f***** with my ipod bumping illmatic
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by tuffgongjo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
The only thing I think is missing is slim's shit is d swag$his style is sort of one direction(rap style).
I will pick Kanye west over 'em both even in my sleep.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2014

break down of the albums

comparing Discog (100% honest)
Tha block is hot >>>>> infinite
SSLP >>>> Carter I
MMLP >>>> Carter II
Carter III >>>> TES
IANAHB >>>>> ENCORE
Carter IV >>>>>>> Relapse
recovery >>>>> rebirth
Like Father Like son >>>>> Bad meets evil.
MMLP2 >>>> Ianahb II
then weezy just got mo work then eminem:
Da drought 3(classic mixtape), Dedication 2(classic mixtape) No ceilings, Prefix, Suffix, Young money album (one of the best group albums since 2008),that’s really where Wayne takes the cake for me he just got more work then Eminem.From the albums i got: 5 for wayne, 4 for eminem. and i expect Carter V to outshine MMLP2 as well.both are dope rappers who have made shitty music Eminem has just as much bad music as lil wayne. Eminem don’t have as many bad punchlines but some of his songs (ass like that) are worse then the worst wayne songs (how to hate).anyways i’m open to all discussion and you all can shit on me all you want on how eminem is “better” but at they end of their career i won’t be surprised to see either over each other on top 20 list cause it’s literally that close.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Dabss(m): 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
This op is funny o. Check lil waynes latest album on wikipedia and count how many songs he wrote himself. After that,do the same for eminem and see who is more hardworking.
BTW lil wayne's latest album is trash.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Amack(m): 10:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lil wayne saying pussy pussy pussy. Birdman talking about his millions, gold, GTV vodka, bugati and maybach. JayZ talking about Fame and his finally drunk in love. I'm talking about my Jesus. ( I LOVE MY JESUS)
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
You don't know sh*t about rap. Best rapper between Jay Z and Eminem? grin Very funny!

Nas is the greatest of all time. JayZ isn't even in the top 3. Lil wayne? Bro, are u off ur pills again? Lil wayne isn't half as good as kanye not to talk of Eminem.

If yankees see this thread, nigga they'd curse you till suicide.

bankydd: With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch ofthe rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.People Love the Underdog...Eminem has complicated rhymes and rhythms. There's no denying the man knows how to put together a sentenceand spit it -- if complicated equated to musicality, however, why is"Yesterday" the most covered song in pop culture and not "Crazy Train," the fast-paced and just as classic track from Ozzy Osbourne? There's nodenying Eminem is a legendary MC anda great artist, but, while he may have seemed like the innovator in real time, looking back at his archive, the majority of his work doesn't hold up. His cartoony beats, dated pop culture references (who are Moby and Carson Daly, and why is Em mad at them?) and comical lyrics mostly fall flat. Eminem's problem is he blew up too quick -- so he never really had a chanceto mature as an artist.Lil Wayne, on the other hand, came up in the shadows of Juvenile, Manny Fresh, and Baby. Whereas Em was Aftermath's LeBron James, Weezy started as Cash Money's Allen Iverson. At best, Duane Carter was a sidekick, destined to VH1 reality and dating shows. Slim Shady is Vanilla Ice with credibility and skill; he's the Yankees, and he was supposed to win. Lil Wayne is a blinged out Southern rapper like any other. There's no reason he should still be relevant, but he is. All Marshall Mathers had to do in order to stick out was show up; Weezy had to work for his -- and that's real hip-hop.Less Is More...The career-defining single for each of emcee is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," an ode to the struggle of becoming a rapper, and Lil Wayne's "Lollipop," a song about sex. Both songs are approximately five minutes long, and Em fits about 50 percent more words in his song. Weezy's lyrics are much more repetitive, so Shady is essentially working twice as hard to produce the same effect. This certainly proves Marshall is talented and hard-working. It proves he can spit complicated rhyme patterns. But is that what makes a great song? By accomplishing the same thing (a number 1 single) with half the words, Tunechi proves he has a better grasp of lyricism than the Rap God.While word count seems like a wacky way to compare two lyricists, if we're calling someone the greatest rapper alive, it's an important consideration. Lyrics are words, and, as Twitter has proven time and time again, the less words you use to express a thought, the more appealing it is. Being able to express a concise thought on a subject is the mark of a genius, and doing it melodically is a sign of a musical prodigy -- both of which describe Lil Wayne.Content Marketing...Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while LilWayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about reallife and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjectsEminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, eveninto his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.A Goon to a Goblin...Relatability is an important consideration when determining an artist's "star power," and Eminem is much more relatable than Lil Wayne on the surface. Em is an every man who everyone can relate to on some level, while Tunechi is subtitled in his interviews. Aside from having a recognizable face, Slim dresses, looks, and acts like everyone else on the streets (albeit a bit more amped up). He could be anyone's son, neighbor, father, brother, etc. If you showed up to work looking like Weezy, on the other hand, you're going to be fired, and probably arrested. Lil Wayne is a Martian, and if it weren't for music, he wouldn't fit in anywhere.Unfortunately for Em, star power doesn't equate to being the best MC, and his relatability is only skin deep. People may get angry and want to kill themselves or someone else in their head every so often, but a large portion of his portfolio is angry. Basically, Eminem is a really good battle rapper, which is one of the moreclassical styles of hip-hop. Lil Wayne, however, pushes the sonic boundaries of the game to new levels. Both"Lollipop" and "How to Love" take hip-hop to levels that Shady is incapable of pulling off. Weezy is talented in any musical genre; Marshall Mathers is not.The Real Slim Shady...Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release aunique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dabss: This op is funny o. Check lil waynes latest album on wikipedia and count how many songs he wrote himself. After that,do the same for eminem and see who is more hardworking.
BTW lil wayne's latest album is trash.

Dude seriously?.. Wayne doesn't even write his lyrics... he freestyles most of them..this is a technique used by a lot of Rappers.. Jay-Z reportedly rapped the album reasonable doubt off head. Wayne hasn't written lyrics since 2003 (get your facts) and he doesn't use ghost writers..his new album coming up.he reportedly has more sang more than 50 tracks. and he has a discography of 25 projects .while emimem isn't up to 10 .tell me who's more hardworking!!!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by kenedy175(m): 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
Someone comparing shady to lil wayne is just so stupid. Wayne should be compared with the likes of Drake md co. Even rappers like T.I and Kanye are light years ahead of Wayne not to talk of The Greatest Of All Time, Eminem. I wonder how o.p listens to his music
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmmmm comparing eminem to lil wanye is like comparing a cat to a lion. Lil wanye is not close to eminem at all. With that his(lil wanye) scruffy looking body

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
herald9: I feel So mad about this thread... I could explode...

Wtf should Lil Wayne be the greatest MC...
Do you even know what an MC is?

Please enjoy your wacky music quietly and stop posting annoying craps...

You should be talking about Eminem passing the torch to J.Cole ...not otherwise...

I don't hate Lil Wayne...i dislike him!

Its nt his fault, it's ignorance!

Lil wayne best mc? What won't I hear on nairaland. Lil wayne isn't even in top 50!

Every member of TDE is light years ahead of wayne. Even Isaiah Rashad with just about 2 albums is better than wayne.

This is just unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by experimentist: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
Deiok:
Are you related to the op?.
No o. I no knw d nigga o.. D guy too like Lil Wayne wey dey sing like imbe.. I listen to hi tech raps like, you knw, original rappers... Most of dem a dead. Thou I still got some thou.. Kendrick Lamar, no! bleeps that nigga! Jux gimmie Cassidy, erm, Papoose yeah yamean. Lyrical motherfckerz like dat.. Guys that bring heats to the mic.. I don't wana talk about dem dead rapper yamean. Rick Ross? Dat fat bitch! All they sing bout is money this, money that. He he he.. Fuckin shits! bleeps drake dat nigga's too fake I eat him like a baked cake for God sake!

I'm shouting! RIP Big motherfckin L, mah nigga!

Yo, lyrical lagoon.

Crazy coleone

Micnificent

Thugnificent..

Abeg, next topic please! cry
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
infoscope:

A post this lengthy without a paragraph? Are you high on rap??

lmfaoooooo..ain't nobody got time for that!!!

#f****g with my ipod bumping illmatic
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Anacksunamun: 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

break down of the albums

comparing Discog (100% honest)
Tha block is hot >>>>> infinite
SSLP >>>> Carter I
MMLP >>>> Carter II
Carter III >>>> TES
IANAHB >>>>> ENCORE
Carter IV >>>>>>> Relapse
recovery >>>>> rebirth
Like Father Like son >>>>> Bad meets evil.
MMLP2 >>>> Ianahb II
then weezy just got mo work then eminem:
Da drought 3(classic mixtape), Dedication 2(classic mixtape) No ceilings, Prefix, Suffix, Young money album (one of the best group albums since 2008),that’s really where Wayne takes the cake for me he just got more work then Eminem.From the albums i got: 5 for wayne, 4 for eminem. and i expect Carter V to outshine MMLP2 as well.both are dope rappers who have made shitty music Eminem has just as much bad music as lil wayne. Eminem don’t have as many bad punchlines but some of his songs (ass like that) are worse then the worst wayne songs (how to hate).anyways i’m open to all discussion and you all can shit on me all you want on how eminem is “better” but at they end of their career i won’t be surprised to see either over each other on top 20 list cause it’s literally that close.

Hold up!! So since Wayne has more albums than Jay-Z, Nas,Tupac, Rakkim, Notorious B.I.G, Immortal Technique and co, he'd be greatest rapper of all time, dead or alive? LMAO!! gringrin Pass me your weed bro, it's a new breed. gringrin I'm done abeg, the discussion is getting childish. You win OP. I'm out. gringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meaning Of The "Mirror" Music Video By Lil Wayne (feat. Bruno Mars). / What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? / The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.