Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23665 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 8:16am On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

break down of the albums

comparing Discog (100% honest)
Tha block is hot >>>>> infinite
SSLP >>>> Carter I
MMLP >>>> Carter II
Carter III >>>> TES
IANAHB >>>>> ENCORE
Carter IV >>>>>>> Relapse
recovery >>>>> rebirth
Like Father Like son >>>>> Bad meets evil.
MMLP2 >>>> Ianahb II
then weezy just got mo work then eminem:
Da drought 3(classic mixtape), Dedication 2(classic mixtape) No ceilings, Prefix, Suffix, Young money album (one of the best group albums since 2008),that’s really where Wayne takes the cake for me he just got more work then Eminem.From the albums i got: 5 for wayne, 4 for eminem. and i expect Carter V to outshine MMLP2 as well.both are dope rappers who have made shitty music Eminem has just as much bad music as lil wayne. Eminem don’t have as many bad punchlines but some of his songs (ass like that) are worse then the worst wayne songs (how to hate).anyways i’m open to all discussion and you all can shit on me all you want on how eminem is “better” but at they end of their career i won’t be surprised to see either over each other on top 20 list cause it’s literally that close.

Carter 3 greater than the eminem show? Thats it, i'm done.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by xtervaganza(m): 8:16am On Jul 21, 2014
The only reason why average rappers are stars nowadays is because hip hop is DEAD.

The good ol hip hop is dead

Ask yourself......would wale, meek mill, 2chainz, drake and all other junks be a star in the 90s or early 2000s?

America's hip hop is currently at its worst.......

These crap rappers would be serving fries at McDonald's if they came out in the 90s

HIP HOP IS DEAD

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2014
You know what makes this comparison funny?? They said MC, not rapper. Weezy is not even in the top 10 mcees alive. Last time i checked, nas isn't dead. Em destroys weezy in every category; sales, versatility, talent.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by abdulaz: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Eminem all the way. Runs away from thread to continue listening to 'Evil Deeds' from the Encore Album cool
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by itachileemy(m): 9:22am On Jul 21, 2014
DahtDopeBoi: pls don't bring up Birdman when Nas is mentioned smiley and Jay Z sef knw say Nas na Baba for him side... Ether was murder!
Takeover was crazyyy alsogringrin

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2014
kpolli: Is this thread a joke?
Good question...
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2014
m a die hard fan of tunechi hes got nice lyrics nd the way he matches them is really so cool

*Abortion

*miss me

*lollipop
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2014
Kulzil: Eminem is a better rapper then Lil
Wayne, and I will break this down.
Sales
No debate here, Eminem is the best
selling rapper of all time. And Lil
Wayne doesn't even come close.
This obviously goes to Eminem.
NOTE: Just because he sells more
doesn't mean he is better. It just
means that more people go out to
buy Eminem then Lil Wayne.
Consistency
I will give this to Lil Wayne, since he
is very consistent and active. While
Eminem had a 5 year hiatus from
2004-2009. This goes to Wayne.
Lyrics
All Lil Wayne has is clever punch
lines. His flow is always the same,
and it is bad. While Eminem has a
numerous amounts of different
flows. And he broke lyrical
boundaries on songs like "lose
yourself" and "till I collapse". Till I
collapse is where almost every
word was part of a rhyme scheme, in
the first verse of the song.
"Till I collapse I"m spilling these
raps long as you feel 'em
Till the day that I drop you'll never
say that I'm not killing them
'Cause when I am not then I'm stop
penning 'em
And I am not hip-hop and I"m just
not Eminem.
Subliminal thoughts when I'm stop
sending them women are caught in
webs spin and hauk venom
Adrenaline shots of penicillin could
not get the illing to stop.
Amoxacilin is just not real enough.
The criminal cop killing hip-hop
filling a minimal swap to cop
millions of Pac listeners.
You're coming with me, feel it or not
you"re gonna fear it like I showed
you the spirit of god lives in us.
You hear it a lot, lyrics that shock is
it a miracle or am I just a product of
pop fizzing up.
For sizzle my whizzle this is the plot
listen up you bizzles forgot slizzle
does not give a f."
-
This is a feat that very few rappers
can do. And Lil Wayne doesn't come
close to anything like this, infact Lil
Wayne even admits that he cant
mess with Eminem.
And here is the proof:
Eminem uses rhyme schemes within
rhymes schemes within rhyme
schemes. And has even been
acknowledged by many other
famous rappers out there. Wayne
has almost no lyrical talent what so
ever. I will admit, in Carter 4 and a
few of his older stuff was
impressive. But not even close to
Eminem's level. Lil Wayne has corny
lines, "I"m so Holligrove, New
Orleans
Lilweezyana
home sweet home depot
you will need a hammer
it go down like Frasier
I ain"t talking Kelsey grammer
I be stuffting on your boys I need an
alka-seltzer sandwich
Since I heard Plies I done brought
the phantom back
Went and got me a 52 inch
Maybach
I'm eating like a big dog
I"m so full, I"m so good
I"m so straight, you so fake
I'm so real
I"m so hood"
"I'm so high I make it rain"
And so much other stuff. Not saying
Eminem has never produced
anything that was bad. His albums
Encore and Relapse were terrible.
But he has many classics. Eminem
takes this easy, when it comes to
lyrics, flow, rhyme schemes, punch
lines.
Topics
Eminem raps about his life. Lil
Wayne continuously raps about the
same stuff again and again. It's also
booty, money, car. Rinse and repeat.
Eminem raps about his life, his alter
ego slim shady is a part of Marshall
Mathers, that he exaggerates. But
he has a variety of stuff. What ever
mood your in, and if your going
through problems, he will always
have a song to make you laugh, cry,
etc. Lil Wayne doesn't
He likes sticking to the same stuff.
His latest album was based on just
his piece for the entire album. I will
admit, that Eminem is not on top of
his game. But he is still good none
the less. Not as good as The Eminem
Show. But still good. Just listen to
Bad Meets evil: The Hell Sequence
album. But the sane could be said
about Lil Wayne. He is putting out
garbage. Eminem takes this.
Freestyle
No competition. Eminem destroys
on all levels. Lets compare some
random freestyles.
Eminem
Lil Wayne
Eminem destroys by putting multi
syllabic rhyme schemes and takes it
to a whole new level. "Pull your
verse out the beat and stomp on it,
suplex it on cement, like I'm on
some straight out of Compton s***".
Lil wayne has no complex rhymes or
even clever lines like."You're about
to see peace destroyed
It'll never be restored
When I unleash these beastly
hordes on your CD stores
Wanna stop it
You gon' need a priest, at least
three swords
A license to ill from the Beastie
Boys, three Ouija boards
A squeegee and please be warned
Don't ask what the squeegee's for
Or the holy water, acid raps that'll
eat these floors
Eat a hole in a rhyme book, you see
these horns" No debate here
Eminem destroys on so many levels.
Eminem owns.
Overall, Eminem destroys Lil Wayne
in almost category. And he is the
better rapper.
. oh wow nice writeup u could win an Oscar for that........

can't believe u copied all that straight from Google.......

#copyandpaste#

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by greggng: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2014
Is a shame this made front page. How can u comapare samuel peters with vladimir? Slim shady is million miles away. After tupac I think he the best around for now

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2014
Ha..ha! This is hilarious! Op are u drunk If this could b ur judgement,am sorry to say you have a Myopic view about hip-hop! When it comes to Hardcore hip hop,Emotional Rap! Em is the man! Though am not his fan,but I love gud Music, Team T.I,King of the South! And as for Wizzy tell him to stop shabby words in his lines!(Tired hearing same thing everyday,C1-C5 all boils down to Pussy!) Crap!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by hulkmandaza: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2014
Eminem is a rap god. y'all should listen to bad guy & wicked ways. lil Wayne just has crazy punchlines. but Eminem's songs make more sense. especially bad guy. a sequel to Stan.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Godwin10(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2014
Romanciella: . oh wow nice writeup u could win an Oscar for that........

can't believe u copied all that straight from Google.......

#copyandpaste#
You are badass man.... You got him straight... Nigga trying to feel relevant like he knows a lot about two of em.... You are a post buster.... smiley

cheesy

but come to think of it, if he hadnt post it, you would have cos you were also searching it on google. sad
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 5iveC(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Who says Em cnt pen a love song? Wot happened 2 "crazy in love".
In eminem's voice "if u feel i'm runin away wit d game.dnt speculate,spectate"
Em is DOP.E personified!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Godwin10:
You are badass man.... You got him straight... Nigga trying to feel relevant like he knows a lot about two of em.... You are a post buster.... smiley

cheesy

but come to think of it, if he hadnt post it, you would have cos you were also searching it on google. sad
lol busted.......actually I was just trynna look up other peeps opinion apart from nl's..........lol and besides unlike some people here I don't go about copying and pasting everywere......I only pick the key points

and hey I ain't no dude.......m a girl..... tongue
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Adamskuty(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
Romanciella: lol busted.......actually I was just trynna look up other peeps opinion apart from nl's..........lol and besides unlike some people here I don't go about copying and pasting everywere......I only pick the key points

hey madam, follow me we need to pm. grin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 2chains1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd: With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch ofthe rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.People Love the Underdog...Eminem has complicated rhymes and rhythms. There's no denying the man knows how to put together a sentenceand spit it -- if complicated equated to musicality, however, why is"Yesterday" the most covered song in pop culture and not "Crazy Train," the fast-paced and just as classic track from Ozzy Osbourne? There's nodenying Eminem is a legendary MC anda great artist, but, while he may have seemed like the innovator in real time, looking back at his archive, the majority of his work doesn't hold up. His cartoony beats, dated pop culture references (who are Moby and Carson Daly, and why is Em mad at them?) and comical lyrics mostly fall flat. Eminem's problem is he blew up too quick -- so he never really had a chanceto mature as an artist.Lil Wayne, on the other hand, came up in the shadows of Juvenile, Manny Fresh, and Baby. Whereas Em was Aftermath's LeBron James, Weezy started as Cash Money's Allen Iverson. At best, Duane Carter was a sidekick, destined to VH1 reality and dating shows. Slim Shady is Vanilla Ice with credibility and skill; he's the Yankees, and he was supposed to win. Lil Wayne is a blinged out Southern rapper like any other. There's no reason he should still be relevant, but he is. All Marshall Mathers had to do in order to stick out was show up; Weezy had to work for his -- and that's real hip-hop.Less Is More...The career-defining single for each of emcee is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," an ode to the struggle of becoming a rapper, and Lil Wayne's "Lollipop," a song about sex. Both songs are approximately five minutes long, and Em fits about 50 percent more words in his song. Weezy's lyrics are much more repetitive, so Shady is essentially working twice as hard to produce the same effect. This certainly proves Marshall is talented and hard-working. It proves he can spit complicated rhyme patterns. But is that what makes a great song? By accomplishing the same thing (a number 1 single) with half the words, Tunechi proves he has a better grasp of lyricism than the Rap God.While word count seems like a wacky way to compare two lyricists, if we're calling someone the greatest rapper alive, it's an important consideration. Lyrics are words, and, as Twitter has proven time and time again, the less words you use to express a thought, the more appealing it is. Being able to express a concise thought on a subject is the mark of a genius, and doing it melodically is a sign of a musical prodigy -- both of which describe Lil Wayne.Content Marketing...Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while LilWayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about reallife and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjectsEminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, eveninto his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.A Goon to a Goblin...Relatability is an important consideration when determining an artist's "star power," and Eminem is much more relatable than Lil Wayne on the surface. Em is an every man who everyone can relate to on some level, while Tunechi is subtitled in his interviews. Aside from having a recognizable face, Slim dresses, looks, and acts like everyone else on the streets (albeit a bit more amped up). He could be anyone's son, neighbor, father, brother, etc. If you showed up to work looking like Weezy, on the other hand, you're going to be fired, and probably arrested. Lil Wayne is a Martian, and if it weren't for music, he wouldn't fit in anywhere.Unfortunately for Em, star power doesn't equate to being the best MC, and his relatability is only skin deep. People may get angry and want to kill themselves or someone else in their head every so often, but a large portion of his portfolio is angry. Basically, Eminem is a really good battle rapper, which is one of the moreclassical styles of hip-hop. Lil Wayne, however, pushes the sonic boundaries of the game to new levels. Both"Lollipop" and "How to Love" take hip-hop to levels that Shady is incapable of pulling off. Weezy is talented in any musical genre; Marshall Mathers is not.The Real Slim Shady...Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release aunique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC

Your epistle is too long and unattractive (paragraphs) Didn't bother reading.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Romanciella: lol busted.......actually I was just trynna look up other peeps opinion apart from nl's..........lol and besides unlike some people here I don't go about copying and pasting everywere......I only pick the key points

wow.. no wonder , copy and paste.. thats not even your own opinion..
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287: You know what makes this comparison funny?? They said MC, not rapper. Weezy is not even in the top 10 mcees alive. Last time i checked, nas isn't dead. Em destroys weezy in every category; sales, versatility, talent.

Em is only better in sales and maybe raw talent..I give him that..That's why he's my second best rapper..but Wayne is easily the most versatile rapper in the game( kanye west is the only challenge)..Wayne has done
reggae- mo fire
pop- lollipop
love songs-how to love
social songs- God bless America
political songs- president Carter,Georgia
he even has a rock album..which was mediocre tho .now list eminems versatility.. stop giving opinions and start backing them up with facts..get it straight!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
5iveC: Who says Em cnt pen a love song? Wot happened 2 "crazy in love".
In eminem's voice "if u feel i'm runin away wit d game.dnt speculate,spectate"
Em is DOP.E personified!!

his love songs can't compare to Wayne's

Listen to
someone you forgot
with you
I'm single
lollipop
back to you
she will

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Romanciella: m a die hard fan of tunechi hes got nice lyrics nd the way he matches them is really so cool

*Abortion

*miss me

*lollipop

wow..we must get married!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

wow.. no wonder , copy and paste.. thats not even your own opinion..
wats that
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Romanciella(f): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

wow..we must get married!!
lol tongue
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
edi287:
Carter 3 greater than the eminem show? Thats it, i'm done.

go to metacritic and check the rankings of each album.. Carter III has bigger rankings than any eminem album ever..and these are critics who are actually paid to study albums you reta*ded stan!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
simiolu1:
Just cos U say it don't mean it's a fact or truth... It's ur opinion & is VERY different from mine.
I guess U should read d replies so far & count d "votes" and pick who wins.
What's ur criteria for judging d "better" MC? Music acceptance, artiste longevity, no of albums/mixtapes, awards, lyrics, punchlines?
Finally, to crown Lil Wayne as the MC King? Who does that?

go check the metacritic scores for each album.. these are determined by experts for your information
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
chupcake:
Bro, get your facts right. Encore didn't win any grammy and relapse won just one.

You said nominations bro.. You said recovery had 5 nominations so what!
encore had 3 nominations and it was shit
relapse also had 3 nominations...

Grammy awards don't mean shit again tho..k dot was robbed last year etc
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
chupcake:

Maybe you don't like Em, cos for me recovery is a classic. Maybe cos it came of the back of a bad album.

Emimem is my second best..didn't you read my earlier comments

I got
sslp
mmlp
tes
bad meets evil
mmlp2
8 mile cd..

but I can't force myself to listen to recovery it's just too mediocre..too poppy ,x the singles were tight tho

not afraid , no love , love the way you lie..most people listen to singles are scream eminem is the best.m they don't take time to listen to albums , typical Nigerian mentality
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz

here comes the nas stans..Nas will remain under rated till he dies..That's a fact.. he isn't an all rounder like Wayne,em.jigga etc. in the 90s rap was hardcore , but it has evolved these days..it isn't like before again..That's what people like you fail to understand ,fyi I love nas.. I was bumping illmatic when I made up that post
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Godwin10(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2014

I know
tongue tongue
but how come a girl picks interest in hardcore rap
....hmmmm

hey, that sure makes you a dude, not just a dude buh a nigga. cheesy cheesy
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

go to metacritic and check the rankings of each album.. Carter III has bigger rankings than any eminem album ever..and these are critics who are actually paid to study albums you reta*ded stan!!!
Metacritic to judge a rap album?? No thanks. Carter 3 just had good production, nothing else. The fact that you're trying to insinuate that it's better than all em's albums has got to be the dumbest shit ever.
P.s i'm not a em stan, my fave rapper is 2pac.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by fijiano202(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:
here comes the nas stans..Nas will remain under rated till he dies..That's a fact.. he isn't an all rounder like Wayne,em.jigga etc. in the 90s rap was hardcore , but it has evolved these days..it isn't like before again..That's what people like you fail to understand ,fyi I love nas.. I was bumping illmatic when I made up that post
so u mean me and the 31 people that liked my post dont know anything abt music than u alone ..smh...a foool says in his heart that theres no God

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by edi287: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

You mean the guy whose album hip hop critics everywhere agree to be the greatest ever?? Yeah right. Since u used metacritic as a basis to judge btwn weezy and em, cnn names nas the greatest rapper alive...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics / Vector Ft Davido – 'Comfort' / My First Experience On Live Radio...with Pictures

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.