Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,806 members, 7,972,884 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:32 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (208081 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 31, 2009
@ siriusians, i said sometimes back that we should be preparing for more channels, d advantage we have is sirius is only ku while nss7 is c and ku, so i foresee all c-band stations on nss7 moving to sirius, by then we will be able to watch cnn on 90cm dishes. @ ola, try call me back, fuckd up totally in d test
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:12am On Jan 31, 2009
Thanks Enigma for the information on GTV. Damn, it is going to mess up a lot of things.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2009
@all

Does Hitv shows the same premiership as GTV? If yes, then I think we can make some fast business. Anyone interested get in touch with me. I have a plan.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammilo: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2009
Please can anyone write how to open the scrambled channels ? Since GTV has closed down there is nowwhere to watch EPL matches.Help!!!Want to watch showsports.Please can anyone help me?I am completely new to this and can someone direct me into achieving this?Probably step by step instruction would be nice.I am currently living in Ethiopia and here I can get the showsports,art,aljazeera scarmbled channels on nilesat.But the downside is that here on the market all the decoders that are on sale is of one type only EUROSTAR EB-555-IR and reading almost all of your posts is that this decoder is not the best,but I am willing to try.Your help is urgently needed.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2009
HI all,

I started posting this yesterday, but somehow i didn't manage to finish and unfortunately, there was no light afterwards.

Adewest,

Thanks for the heads up about the type of wire used for running the jack, when i changed it, the thing started moving in all directions.

Echolink Users

Does any one else experience this, if i leave the receiver on a particular channel/frequency for long, it will experience a gradual drop in signal strength such that after a while, you will not be able to watch anything meaningful. sometimes it corrects itself, but at other times, i have to change it to a different channel on another TP and change back immediately to correct this. please note, the lowest signal from that same dish on my stong recievier is about 60%, so it is definitely from the echolink.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2009
@all
I goofed. I sincerely apologised. I was in a hurry to close when I made that post, someone phone me that i should check anaimgr that there are new keys there, I did check, but forget to check whether they are active or down. Pardon me for my over zealousness.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
@ enigma,
a question for you, do you think with the rapid migration of channels from NSS7 to sirius has to do with the NSS7 bird coming close to its period in space? Thats my own thought.
I think, i have to google out the date and year the bird was launches and the reason why stations are moving away from it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2009
@Enitan
I don't think so as NSS7 was launched April 2002 which is about 7years now.
an average lifespan of such satellite is about 15years.
So there might something else we don't know about for now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2009
@ all
I guess VOX AFRICA, is cool, they have many edu-enitaining, programs, i hope they wont have to move again, wink tho they translate all their program into french
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2009
We are in page 80, I am waiting for directive from Oga Moderator for the next action to take,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2009
hi salamander , how are u long time noo see , yes hitv do show the same number of matches as Gtv as it also has 80% right to the premiership. but its quite unfortunate that such a thing would happen to gtv,and i wonder what would happen to all those subscribers  ,  however i like your idea and i am interested
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2009
@chuk101

Give me ur email address and I will give you the details.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2009
hi salamander , My email Is imatnow@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 9:22pm On Jan 31, 2009
@chukc101

I'm adding u to msg so we can chat
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2009
@ fxproff,
the vox africa migrating is not the worst thing that can happen now to them, the worst is for them going on encryption.

@ olofofo,
we no see u today, wetin happen? how much do you think 90cm costs at ALABA now?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2009
This afternoon i heard on the bbc that the premierleague are in negotiation with another pay tv provider to start showing the matches asap.well at least with my 2m i can watch liv vrs chelsea tomorrow without any wahala.the only downside in gtv going into liquidation is that many bros and sisters will be loosing their daily bread.i hope they get employment somewhere.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2009
@captainus

Well, let's hope it will be sooner. But I suspect DStv will like to buy those rights. And the monopoly continues.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2009
@enitan2002
I guess you are correct!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ all - if GTV ll suddenly shut down,what do ya all think of hitv.believe me this ll either positively benefit hitv cos i forsee a merge in both company even during epl bidding. @ butoneday- plz give me a call 2nite.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 01, 2009
can see nothing is really happening today in the FTA world.

@ fxproff,
dont worry, just sit tight and enjoy more stations to be popping up on that sirius bird.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2009
i dont really know the GTv you guys are talking of oooooo, is it the GTV on NSS7 before or the payTV one.
I vividly remeber what one guys named senga said some weeks back, that we all should wait and see what will happen to GTv in the following weeks. Can someone here remember that please? are the words coming true?
If a whole GTV can go down, who the hell is HITV?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ all
Watch Newcastle VS Sun;Land Live on ETV_HYDE_PARK_1
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ fxproff,
am dead sure that will be on sirius. Is that the grade C match that is also being aired on our local stations?
When is chelsea/riverfluke match starting?

@ nilesat viewers,
kindly furnish us with details in the football world esp Premier League, what you guys enjoyed during the weekend. Is showtime mahgreb still showing EPL matches? @ ola, i nned infos based on the above questions

@ badaru,
any headway regarding that?

@ olofofo/tox.
where una all dey ooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ enitan2002
Yes its Premier league, but ETV_HYDE_PARK_1 is down again, I hope they will be back be4 the Chelsea(my Team cheesy) Vs Liverpool @ 1600gmt.
Well waiting to hear from the nilesaters, maybe they have better stations that transmit those matches, tho ETV_HYDE_PARK_1 , picked it from SUper sport 3, discovery.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2009
if anyone knows about the 00 canal afriq, they have been doing their advert since i blind scan them also on sirus, and i guess they would be english speaking station as they adverts, sports, news movies cartoons and lot more, so if they are gonna start real tele program soon , and hope they wont go scrambled, becos they have a wonderful program to look for,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ fxproff,
what do you mean by down, is it off air or scrambled?

@ all,
check out this link for senga's comment or prediction on GTV: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=182209.msg3340461#msg3340461
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ fxproff,
once you stop bothering about channels going encrypted, then you will start to enjoy what FTA really means
vox africa has been free for a very long time, it was on NSS7 c-band, and gloebcast is the company in charge of their transmission
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ enitan2002
i guess the ETV_HYDE_PARK_1 is still under going test in transmission, so they stop transmittiing some times, and not scrambled, regarding understanding FTA , that is true, but i guess Nilesat has the best channel to offer
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ fxproff,
that channel is just a news feed of eTV on pas7/10, u can get to watch the live champions league match wednesdays on that TP, cos eTv on pas7.10 shows delayed match on wednesdays, so tune n to that during that period and enjoy yourself.

@ OLA,
got you text and it read thus:'U watch at least 5-6 matches on saturday, while on sunday u watch 3-4 matches.Am currently tuned2 Newcastle and Sunderland live on Mahgreb. Chelsea-Liverpool later. Gtv on w4 gone.'

What i ned to know is the total number of matches being aired alone on magreb on weekends, cos i guess thats the only showtime channel that shows premier league which can be gotten only with 2.4m here in lagos. pls get back to me.

Got to prepare myself, am off to watch my blues' match.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ enitan
Ok, regarding Ola's txt to you, does that mean that without the ecolink and baracatabra card, one could still get that channel on nilesat, with his 2.4M dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2009
yes Enitan you are right , i remember the guys post, he said he was looking for association of installers and even went ahead to metion gtv's uncertain future, boy was he right, i think one or two members almost criticised him
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ chuk101,
i dont really think anyone criticized him then.

@ fxproff,
to be able to watch that station, you got to be on the echolink side.

@ ola,
i got your texts, thanks for the lovely update. how yur baby na? i dey miss am oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.