Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,403 members, 7,904,501 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency (4167 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / PDP Meeting Was Futile - Anti-Jonathan Camp / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by buchio7(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2006
@ono,
which hornets nest u dey talk abt? i tell u truth u dey talk hornets nest. im b like sey u no too understand my wordings? anyway shaa,
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by otokx(m): 1:01am On Jul 26, 2006
i have gone to the taxi people myself. rumuokuta to uniport is N70 per head. rumukoro to uniport is N30 per head. they carry 3 in the back and 1 in front. N10 no be come chop.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by DeepSoul(f): 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2006
Those fares are what the other transporters charge. I've used these cabs as well and they can be chatered. Esp from the airport to inside town or vice versa. They charge as much as N5000 for that!
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by trendy(f): 9:22am On Nov 22, 2006
I hate the fact that he is everywhere lately
i think these governors that are running for the presidency should resign from office
they are using Government's money to sponsor their intrests in becoming 2007 angry
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Crownvilla(m): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2006
Over the past month or so, Odili has been everywhere. The last time I read about him, he was at the 91st birthday of Awolowo's widow, Mrs HID Awolowo. He was waxing lyrical of Awo's legacies etc.

Every where he goes, he sings the praises of OBJ to the high heavens and harps on about how it is almost impossible to fill Baba's shoes.

This guy must have visited every traditional ruler of note in Nigeria. It's been awhile since I've been to Nigeria and besides, I have never really figured out how much real political influence these tradtitonal rulers have.

Nairalanders, please educate me!!! Are tradtional rulers relevant in the political equation? Do they have any bearing/influence on the voting paterns of the electorate?

Do I want Odili to be our next president? Hell no!!!!!!!! But I must confess, I have this sick, sinking feeling in the pit of my belly, that he might just pull the rabbit out of the hat!
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by chidichris(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2006
u see our problems are still within us. if people like otokx exist in this forum and is proud to identify with odili then think of giving him a political position.
if Odili is not reading and intyerpreting the scripts of the almighty obj, how can such person be bold to tell us to vote him in as president.
if he could not make any difference in rivers where the revenues flows like rivers, give him america nothing will happen.
let us believe God and the cries of his children will bring confussion among them that have decided to use others as their shoe mats.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 11:14am On Dec 04, 2006
on the issue of odili i like to use this forum to express my disappiont with odili as a person and his administration,i had such high hopes for odili whe he came into power in 1999,but i am hugely shocked by the high level of decay portharcourt has gone thur in the last 5-6yrs of this administration,portharcourt used to by a lovely town,nice place to go to then ,but one its terrible,no ligth,water,not even good road.i give it up to him as he as used state resources to buy up everyone include the media to polish his images constantly that he appears to be a saint.PLEASE NIGERIANS do not be decieved by the good tales of portharcourt in the media,as there is not in portharcourt and rivers state as a whole to justify thr huge resource that comes to the state,my advice to odili he should quietly finish his term in office,leave the public arena and FORGET BEEN PRESIDENT.because it is clear his doent have anything ti offer his state talk less of the nation,he has not been able to stop the wide spread corruption that has gone on in the state in the last nine years,or be able so behave like a real stateman by put praise singers away from him to he can do his work intend he condons it,i wonder if his wife who is a judge tell him the truth coz it is very glaring in rivers state has moved backward intend of forward in thEVEBis administration,PLEASE GOVERNOR PETER ODILI SPARE US NIGERIANS AND FORGET THE POST OF PRESIDENT .DID I HEAR SOMEONE SAY WHERE ARE THE SO CALLED GAS TURBINES,IF THEY ARE WORKING?COZ I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM WORKING.AND THE YEAH THE PRESIDENT IS ON HIS WAY TO PHC AGAIN TO COMISSION ANOTHER TURBINE,HAHAHAHAHA.EVEN THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN DECIEVED
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 11:38am On Dec 04, 2006
if anyone uses the forum to express support for odili,he is entitled to his opinion,but it will only tell me and many more nigerian who have lived in portharcourt,still have families there and visit very regularly because its still home.that such persons have benefited from the corrupt administration of peter odili,but let me tell them that the money you or your families,have gained,will not save from the growing crime wave that is sweeping rivers state now,a crime wave that this present administration let loose on perceived opponents,and now find it diffcult to control the monoster that they created,so with all your wealth,u still live with that crime wave,bad road,no eletricity.or maybe u intend to follow him to abuja to stay after his tenure is up,or maybe he will leave you in the decay of portharcourt,i want to assume that the supporters of odili live in portharcourt.if they do they should sit back and tell themselves the truth,HAS PORTHARCOURT IMPROVED IN THE LAST SIX YEARS?the answer to that is no,because the last major development in portharcourt was done by colonel komo,since then nothing has been done,not even important roads are given attention,instead the leader prefer to buy jeeps to handle the situation.most of these goverment official go to UNIPORT AND UST to find willing ladies,but pls if u donr stay in portharcourt,take a trip there and look at the roads leading to these spots they are all bad but they go there to find womans,showing that they donot care.the only fairly good road in phc is the road form the airport thur rumola,aba road to goverment house in a very good attempt to deceive VIPS when they come,so they go home with the feeling that things are working in the state,SHAME TO ODILI HE WILL FAIL IN HIS BID FOR THE POST OF PRESIDENT
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by zam: 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2006
Seun yesooh,EFCC should pay d bros a visit.how d 3oomilion(?) stuff hospital he built in south africa is not in niija.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by BigB11(m): 5:32am On Dec 05, 2006
I see governor Odilli as an a** kisser.
I haven't seen anyone that loves to kiss OBJ's a** as Mr Odilli does on a regular basis. It is disgusting and unnecessary for a grown man to degrade himself to that level.

I find it very difficult to respect an a** kissing president, hence I will never cast my vote for Mr Odili as the next Nigerian president.

Kissing ass is an indication of weakness or dishonest or lack of confidence or lack of stamina or a follower; what-ever it may be, I do not think a real man/a true leader should kiss anyone's a**, period.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 10:42am On Dec 05, 2006
Nigerians please this time around we should register and follow it up my voting on election day,so we can stop people like odili form occupying the office of president,coz if we dont register and vote we lose that chance and leave our future in the hand of thugs and miscreats that can be used,that dont think abt later but now.please consider the candidature of donald duke as he has proven to manage the small resource in his state with the advent of TINAPA,OBUDU RANCH.Things that can give his state and Nigeria added revenue,with the added prestige that we need.please nigeria vote wisely
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by otokx(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2006
Where are they registering people?

@chidichris
I am not from rivers state so Odili cannot give me a political position and I don't know from where you generated the conclusion that I am a supporter of Odili. The man could have done more in road construction, apart from the airport road bypass and the airforce bridge which are still uncompleted, the other completed thing is his government house. Obasanjo will commission the gas turbine today and I don't know if it will work afterwards. He has donated quite substantially to the university of port harcourt and other institutions in the state but I think it would have been better if there was no pot hole in any of the roads and if the refuse dumps where adequately cleared.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2006
i like your sence of honesty to admit that there is something amiss about the focus of the odili adminstration,but why do lavish donations to schools while the roads to thouse schools are in bad shape,only one reason cheap popularity so he can score points on the national stage and be recongized as a guvnor that is concerned abt education,which of coarse is not the case.their more areas that need attention like water supply,road espencially roads cause their none in the present portharcourt,flooring which is the first in a long time ,proper drainage.with all the resources he is getting he should be able to do all this and more in many parts of the state apart from portharcourt if and when he agrees to do instead of going round the nation telling lies
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by ishmael(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2006
My question is why has RIBADU not visited Rivers state.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by buluti(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2006
It is really pathetic that someone like Odili can dream of the office of presidency, well i guess a people deserve the leadership they get or have?

To a large extent we can safely assume that pople express their honest opinions here, so is this what we all actually think and say of Odili

@ otokx, i am surprised at your utterances shocked shocked, shocked beyond my bone marrows, i have come across your journal once or twice here on Nairaland , where you complained bitterly on power supply in your cybercafe or something, bad roads e.t.c in PH and here you are supporting Odili, saying "my governor"
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2006
see all of una

by the time we check u all very much we would understand that ur been sponsored by one other aspirant or some one else

i am no supporter of odili but in the current political dispensation in Nigeria, when u look at all the others contesting(presently those in govt) to me he is the best candidate
why do i say so

every governor/politician in Nigeria is a tif we all know that
now in their act of stealing how many of them have actually carried out functions that basically directly or indirectly affect the lives of the people - none

among the crooks odili stands out. his list of achievement in rivers state may not be people oriented but we can at least give him kudos for that

i reside in ph and i have seen most of the achievements my self. i saw an earlier post about the electricity issue well thats a federal problem but i know definitely the gas turbine project is still on. although rome was not built in a day

u might call me a supporter of odili i dont care but b4 u go ahead and crucify me can u count projects carried out by other governors with the amount of monies they have received?

cos i dont see any , so if u measure him with the likes of duke, igbenedion, and most of the southern governors he has fared better than the rest. i for one know ABA does not represent the integrity of orji Uzo Kalu- take a drive thru Aba then u would prefer Odili

mind u with the killings and the state of nigerian politics, it is not yet time for clean players like Okiti, and utomi

but among the evil men cna u choose some one else
i could hear some one shout about tinapa project- it has taken 8 years any other project happening in calabar, any new roads?

various new roads are up in ph even if obasanjo had commissioned most of them more than once compare to Edo state i dont see any there.

like i said earlier among the crooks even if he is not the most qualified nigerian odili is the better
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by zexyworm: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2006
kaecy5:

see all of una
i could hear some one shout about tinapa project- it has taken 8 years any other project happening in calabar, any new roads?

-Total rehabilitation of Obudu Ranch Resort, now Nigeria's #1 destination.
-90% Rural electrification
-IPP soon to open in Calabar
-Urban renewal schemes in Calabar and other towns
-Cocoa/pinneapple production boost thanks to grass-roots empowerment initiatives.
CRS is now #2 in Nigeria in cocoa production.
-Only public servant health insurance policy in Nigeria!
-Improved education drastically by implementing new guidelines and hiring thousands of new teachers.
- Improved hospitals,

Odili on the other hand purchases executive jets for his use while Rivers people are dying due to shortage of hospital beds. His other legacy is a flyover in Port Harcourt and a few garbage trucks.

Odili will never be president.

Donald Duke is the only man,
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2006
guvnor78:

crime wave that is sweeping rivers state now,a crime wave that this present administration let loose on perceived opponents,and now find it diffcult to control the monoster that they created,so with all your wealth,u still live with that crime wave,bad road,no eletricity.or maybe u intend to follow him to abuja to stay after his tenure is up,or maybe he will leave you in the decay of portharcourt,i want to assume that the supporters of odili live in portharcourt.if they do they should sit back and tell themselves the truth,HAS PORTHARCOURT IMPROVED IN THE LAST SIX YEARS?

@guvnor 78

well i have come to understand peeps like u that are fast to condemn people and i know that we both know if the situation were reverse u wont perform anybetter

since u dont like odili then give me a better candidate
i doubt if u do have one

port harcourt have improveed over 6 years
1. u could go ask woji residence how do they get to transamadi now for work. there are exit routes in woji and elekahia

2. well crime wave u say- i was born in lagos and i grew up in lagos since i relocated to ph i would tell u each time i come to lagos i am afraid. ur Area boys under Tinubu auspicies are scaresome. even ur law enforcement agents are area boys, if u doubt it try lasma and ferma . used to wonder how come only lagos has this crooks on their roads

3 i have seen the gas turbine project with my eyes. i have enjoyed it in transamadi area under test transmission and i know it is working except some days they have a problem. like i said under test transmission

4. port harcourt may not be port harcourt of Old when it was called garden city- crime wave is every where in nigeria no doubt - until govt decides to reduce the unemployement rate am really sorry a lot of youths would turn to crime to survive. i wont tell u port harcourt is crime free but i can tell u the crime rate is not as high as that of Lagos- at least we have not been hearing of once chance marauders

5. i luv comparison , dirt collectors in port Harcourt i can relatively say they function better compared to those in aba and owerri

6. well i went to BMH today the states general Hospital OMG our wonder governor is at it again
they r almost thru with the modern standard facility hospital compared or even better to that of UPTH
tell me how many other governors are functioning just how many?

it is good to criticise i dont doubt that but when u do so try and commend the person for the good he has done , if not ur just letting us know u already have a wrong mindset of the governor and nothing he does would ever please u.
is it atiku or ibb or Yerima that is defrauding his population under the guise of Sharia

my friend go do ur home work very well, most of the state roads in ph were recoated some 3 months back- iwofe, elekahi estate, alcon road woji, transamadi road, aba road to mention a few

well with the beatification of stadium road , rumokwuta road, airport road some areas in old gra with the semi well lite Solar street lights . i doubt if bayelsa with all their monies have come up with some ideas

our governor may not be a saint but we can see most of the monies

new govt house, new house of assembly complex, new secretariat abuja, 100 free school bus project, new presidential lodge, bridges across to riverine community i know of 6 new, schoolarship to europe for mastes degree. etc

he may not be the best but 4 years now TInubu have been making noise about 4th mainland bridge i have not yet seen any foundation

well i know a little about the taxi scheme but i took one from the airport to ol gra men i realli enjoyed the AC i felt i was not in nigeria. its no big deal but it is some thing

mind u am not form rivers state but i dont hide the truth
show me another candidate from present govt officials that is more qualified , just show me one if u can
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2006
zexyworm:

-Total rehabilitation of Obudu Ranch Resort, now Nigeria's #1 destination.
-90% Rural electrification
-IPP soon to open in Calabar
-Urban renewal schemes in Calabar and other towns
-Cocoa/pinneapple production boost thanks to grass-roots empowerment initiatives.
CRS is now #2 in Nigeria in cocoa production.
-Only public servant health insurance policy in Nigeria!
-Improved education drastically by implementing new guidelines and hiring thousands of new teachers.
- Improved hospitals,

let us analyze ur projects

rehabilitation of obudu cattle ranch- just one project in 8 years
IPP coming soon lets say 2008?
thank God for cocoa and pineaple production - down hear oil still runs the show, very soon Gas if not already

only public service health insurance which hospitals?- who registers under it- i thot the name used to be national health insurance scheme? or is it cross rivers insurance scheme-

he can not change educational policies - its under federal govt and we both know hiring of teachers may not really be a big deal any more.

hospitals are not made up of beds alone- u need facilities to be in it take a drive to the New Upth and the new BMH and see for urselves

ia m so happy for the obudu cattle ranch, now at least our governors wont go abroad for holidays and squander our monies - thats a good project we can commend him on that

but like i keep on saying commend the players for the good and reprimand them for the bad. don't outrightly cast out when ur not sure of facts

if u r on that seat u would steal to oblivion

note- calabar did not get its beauty and well planned state from duke
calabar was formerly capital territory b4 Lagos and i have stayed there for a while it was already well planned b4 duke took over, go and confirm that
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 05, 2006
@buchio

built a multi-million naira estate 4 civil servants in a deserted,remote place in bori while the civil servants he is building it 4 live in p.h. 38km away. now that project is built but is deserted cause no one can stay in that place(ABANDONED PROJECT!!!

simply say the truth to your self
that was the first project odili did in his first tenure

to build houses for civil servants to reside in each local govt for the number of civil servants working in each local govt

do u think he only did it in bori?

why not go ask those folks that live in those houses in aggrey road.

we should hold your chairman responsible for not sharing the houses to his staff

or probably it has shown that in most local govt we have ghost workers so they don't want to identify themselves, maybe they work in bori but actually live in ph
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Roscodaddy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2006
Have you all ever heard the name Atiku,vote for him and things willnever be the same,he is our man,he does not lick ass like the rest of them.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kitaun(m): 12:48am On Dec 06, 2006
@Seun, tell me that was a joke that you dont know Odili?
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2006
@Kaecy 5

sorry to cut you short on the issue of odili,you lived in lagos and moved to portharcourt fine,i grown up in portharcourt and now work and live in lagos now,my job in lagos still allows me the chance to visit portharcourt at least every two weeks,so am still very much in turned with developments there as i still have family that live there too ,so i think i know more about portharcout than you do,you raised the issue of the gas turbine i have see them no doubt they are there but do they translated to adequate lighting,Do u have constant light where u stay in potharcourt?guess not,then the governor should not be going on national TV telling nigerians that there is constant light in portharcourt when we both know that is not true,you also talked about aba,owerri,atiku,ibb,yerima,these are state governors that are not seroius contenders to the post of president,but are looking to be relevent in politics when their terms come to an endas for ibb,yerima,atiku these are people that will not make it to the presidency as they are of questionable character and nigerians are very much aware of this.and please mind you when you say that i don't like odili as a person i don't hate him if thats what you mean,but i don't like his policies of kill and divide to the detriment fo portharcourt in paticular and rivers state in general,because the resources accured to the state every month is in the range of about 6 billion monthly.6 BILLION thats a lot of money,because nigerians don't apperiate the magnitude of money because we are so used to billions and millions now, but this not take away the fact that this is still a lot of money,my brother with 6 billion in your pocket every month Is the development equivalent to it?the answer is no i think the developments should be more then the onces u mentioned and more,not beautification, but capital projects that will stand the test of time.
you also mentioned state roads been fixed some three months ago after about a year or two, in neglect i beg to disagree as i was in phc last week my most recent visit which is very often and i don't see these roads that you have talked about.yes they are some roads done, but that does not measure up to the money collected by the state,about solar lit roads these are roads used by VIPS when they visit, go into the inner roads of diobu,GRA (NEW),MGOUBA,AND LOTS MORE there is nothing to write home about.Thanks
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by scribe(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2006
The lies being told about the so called achievements of Sir. Peter Odili are horrible. Port Harcourt which is the state capital has a terrible story to tell about the poor state of infrastructure.
Instead of making progress the state capital has lost its old beauty and glory. It was indeed a garden city. But now it is best described as
- Garbage City
- Pot hole city
- blackout or darkness city

The present administration has craftily presented a false picture to visitors to the city and the president. The road that links the airport to the government house is presentable even though it has been under construction for more than a year now. But at least it one of the two roads that are motorable. The government ensures that the pot-holes on the road does not go unattended to for more than 2 days.
Also, the new government house is a beauty to behold. Every rivers state indegene will be proud to associate with the edifice.
Finally, the ABA/PORTHARCOURT expressway is often maintained because it is the main road that runs through the middle of the city of Port Harcourt.
That is the end of the effort.
If anyone dares step out of the ABA/PH expressway and the new airport road (Named New Oluobasanjo Road), the person will meet horrible pot holes that will leave a remarkable scar on his or her vehicle.
Also, the Gas Turbine is a terrible facade. Only, residents of the government house and those living in the neighbourhood of the government house enjoys constant electricity.
But the truth is that, a visitor of the present administration cannot see these things that we are complaining about. The visitor will most likely come through the airport. He or she will be conveyed through the new airport road. So the visitor will only see good road, beautiful sights (solar street lighted in the night) until he or she gets to the government house. From the government house, the visitor will be conveyed through ABA/PH expressway to whatever location the present administration wants him or her to visit.
So tell me, why won't such a visitor belief the lies being peddled in the TV and Newspaper about the wonderful works of Governor Odili.
The residents of Port Harcourt knows the truth about Sir. Odili. Their prayer is that he must never become the president of Nigeria, because if he does, then only Abuja will be anything to talk about in Nigeria. Every other city will surely suffer neglect.
Let any other rivers man stand up and vie for the presidency, he will be supported with our prayer. But not Sir. Odili. The military administrators were better than him.
He is a handsome orator. He gained the people's support through subtility. But after seven years of ruling, Port Harcourt and the entire Rivers State is worse off.
The evidences are on the ground for anyone to see.
Go to Diobu, Town, Rumuokoro, Rumuodara, Rumuokrushi, Ozuoba, Wimpey etc. Then you will see the "dividend of democracy" cry cry cry
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by guvnor78: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2006
thank you scribe for an honest opinon on the situation in portharcourt,unlike some of us who have
chosen not to see the truth.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Affoxpope(m): 10:43am On Dec 06, 2006
Though, we asumed that all Africans are corrupt but, Odili own is lackadaisical. Otokx pls i believed u an adult of atleast 18 years of ago. it's time to keep jokes apart and be reasonable. it's time to be sincere to ourself. 'ODILI IS BAD' what is bad has no other name. the issues with him is not only embezzlement, he is a criminal. he's not good for River pple not to say Nigeria at large. if somebody like Odili or Obasanjo faithful emerge president come 2007, Nigeria is in trouble for life. To me, i'm not only waiting for what is going to happen come 2007, but praying and fasting for a reasonable person to emerge.
May God help us.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by wiseguy(m): 11:23am On Dec 06, 2006
Odili for president? God forbid!!! Odili is the worst Governor in Nigeria and I have my reasons for saying this. Some other governors might have done bad in terms of governance but these Governors don't receive anything close to what Odili receives in a month.
Odili receives a monthly allocation that is higher than the allocation of all northern states combined - This is a fact.
Internally generated revenue of Rivers State is one of the highest is the country - this is where you have most of the oil company and other sundry companies operating and all of them and also their workers pay taxes to the govt. Infact, one of the local govt in Rivers state, Obio/Akpor lga, is the richest lga in Nigeria
Now compare that to other states in the north or south and see what am telling you. The only time i tried to compare Rivers and cross-river state, i felt like weeping for the people of rivers state that their resources had been stolen and squandered by Odili. Cross river is the 30th in the list of federal allocation to states but see what Donald Duke has done with the litlle that he gets. Infact that little has been further slashed by the take over of Bakassi by Cameroun leaving out cross river from the list of oil producing states. I compare no more am already weeping again for Rivers state. We should all go and register and cast our votes (even if it doen't count) and make sure tha crooks like Odili don't get near there or we are doomed.

@kaecy 5
I pity you my Dear. I really pity you because it is either you are the only one living in PH or you are so shortsighted or better still you are an odili apologist or beneficiary. I happen to live in the same nighbourhood as you, Trans- Amadi, and I did not at any time witness these your Gas turbine light under test transmission. And if what my collegue told me on our way driving to work this morning is true about the new poles in Trans Amadi coming from Woji axis(without cables on them) are supposed to be for the gas turbine light then that means the gas turbine light has not reached trans-amadi or is yours "wireless"? All the same I and my neighbours did not witness steady power for even 4 hours not to talk of full day or one week in Trans - Amadi or atleast , to be very fair, not my own side of Trans-Amadi.

God help us this time. Vote right and Vote wisely too. I'm fervently seeking God's intervention in this country and I urge all of us to do same.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by otokx(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2006
some people are mixing up issues here, they are saying in comparison to what he got, Odili has done nothing.

Me I don't know what Odili got but I know somethings he has done and I repeat that he might have been able to do more; but to say he did nothing is being very mischievious.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by otokx(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2006
The gas turbine we know its not working yet, but some places in Port Harcourt enjoy near constant light e.g. aluu, omuoko, omagwa, uniport to mention a few. There are also places where there is no electricity for months on end like mgbuoba. Odili did some new infrastructures e.g trans amadi - woji road, Ikwerre road from Mile 4 to Rumokoro, The airport bypass road, The airport road, the new flyover at airforce base, the new government house, rehabilitation of the state secretariat and still others which I can't remember now but there are many others that are in bad condition.

If your saying that relatively to the money received he did not perform; then its another ball game and we will have to define the measurement of performance. In terms of health care, the Braithwaith Memorial Hospital has been upgraded somewhat; again I must mention that there is still a lack of mortuary facilities in Port Harcourt as noticed in the sosoliso air mishap.

Lastly, Odili is the governor of rivers state and not just port harcourt.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by ayo84(m): 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2006
odili is a big thief.he believes in money politics and i fear that if he becomes president embarassed
He would surpass ibb's corruption record
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2006
The only guvnor as worse as odili in nigeria is ibori they are both massive crooks both of these states ave received more than N600 billion naira from allocations and IGR from the money they can't even account for up 30% of dis figure for those odili apologist dat credit new govt house,gas turbine project,new house of assembly project,bridges etc calculate the value of all these they don't add up 2 N200 billion wat happened 2 d remaining money why can't u guys supporting him reason the reminder as been embezzled by odili and his cronies.Did'nt u read d report on odili in vanguard newspapers his office get an allocation up up 2 N10 BILLION yearly of these amout N2.5 BILLION as security vote, 750 million for gifts i can't remember d rest how can dis amout be allocated 2 the guvnor's office. To make matters worse he is wasting HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS on his futile presidential ambition.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2006
scribe:

The lies being told about the so called achievements of Sir. Peter Odili are horrible. Port Harcourt which is the state
The evidences are on the ground for anyone to see.
Go to Diobu, Town, Rumuokoro, Rumuodara, Rumuokrushi, Ozuoba, Wimpey etc. Then you will see the "dividend of democracy" cry cry cry

i thank U all for ur response but i must commend the posters in this forum, it is one of the very few i have read in nairaland when the posters are not insulted for having different views

well i would start my analysis from scribe

we all know what u say are not lies are actually truths u want to doubt
u claim port Harcourt is a garbage city no doubt but the truth is at what rate are the garbage cleared? every day!
like i have been saying regular take a drive to neighboring states around rivers state and compare and contrast. owerri does not have the population port Harcourt has but the dirt in Douglas road is something not to write home about.

u mentioned some areas if i might quote u "Diobu, Town, Rumuokoro, Rumuodara, Rumuokrushi, Ozuoba, Wimpey"

well i am sure u have not been to wimpey lately cos the roads there have been worked on

i cant say for diobu cos i dare not go there cos of crime rate
but if i might ask, can u significantly describe wat is a state road and wat is a local road? most of this areas have local roads wat are the local govt chairmen doing? nothing.
they create touts for different reasons to extort monies from different people at different times but when it comes to them to perform their own functions they shift it to state govt and likes like u shout Odili

well Odili is a man of turbulence- right for day one he assumed office people in rivers state especially indigenes like u dont like him cos u would have preferred Sergt in which we wonder how he made his wealth well lets not get into that.

u may not actually agree with the gas turbine project - but my self as an electrical engineer i can basically tell u electricity supplies to homes and individual goes thru 3 stages form generation to transmission and then distribution

the gas turbine is in generation phase it has been completed. in transmission phase if ur observant u would have noticed 132kv cables being laid form omoku to trans-amadi.
until that is completed then we would then have to deal with local nepa for distribution.

but they r almost thru with that and soon would complete it. but i know and i know under the transamadi gas turbine during the weeks of testing the light situation was constant in areas around it. u hardly go without power for 5mins when they r switching turbines. now it is shut down and we are back to almighty nepa and the situation is worse off probably u could recall last month in transamadi area it worked perfectly

dividence of democracy we all want that when every thing works and every thing really works but like i keep on saying that is not feasible in Nigeria of today cos why ? it is the same crooks since 1960 that are still there and there are not showing signs of leaving. we cant have another war cos every one is this country is suffering from the same politicians irrespective of their tribe but wat am saying is simple

among the tifs and crooks odili stands out as a performer
every one shouting duke duke and more duke. how many projects have duke completed?

no doubts the amount of money coming to rivers state and states of niger delta are much more numerous than i can appreciate but i tel u he has used a minute percentage of his share, and he has done well with that percentage.

wat has duke done that is functioning

@wiseguy

well the poles u see for street lighting would be run on solar so nepa wont go about disconnecting them later that they affect their transformers, give them time it would get to u, ucan see folks in rumuokwuta already enjoying their. even if ur car headlamps still shines better anyways.

don't u appreciate the alcon road that runs from YKC down into the estate, probably 3 months back it was a clay dusty road if u can remember

@guvernor 78

i wont argue with u on how long u have lived in port Harcourt

but i know i for one went to university here and since then i have settled here and i can tell btw the govt b4 and presently odili

but if i might quote OTOKX I[i] don't know what Odili got but I know somethings he has done[/i]

i don't know wat he has got but in comparison to wat have been done odili has done somethings. he has really done somethings, take out time and count the good works then go back to lagos and count that of other states

purchasing 200 bikes and placing large screen t.v round uyo does not qualify attah for president . 200 bikes = 200 jobs= 200 potential accident victims= 200 potential death traps

i prefer to follow a tif that is working and stealing just like the way marwa did it in lagos then after his tenure he came out with his airline. till date lagos have not experienced any govt as good as his

odili is a tif no doubt but he is a working tif. when u accuse him accuse him on state govt projects not local govt projects, and we know he has done good on those

thank YOu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From Lagos To Oshogbo: Governorship Aspirant Escape Death By The Whiskers / Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War / I Have No Deal With Jonathan- Ribadu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.