Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,727 members, 7,875,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? (1488 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Joint Account Or Sperated Acounts? / Can You Have A Joint Account With Your Spouse? / Joint Account With My Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Check out some of these answers...!! shocked shocked grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yj544RD_7E

... what about you guys?? Can you have a joint account for your entire salary with your husband/wife??
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you will run henter skelter grin
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why not if I want to?
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2014
MarvellousGod: Why not if I want to?

Don't try it
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
topelouis:

Don't try it
why not? Depends on the type of partner you have...I even know my bf's atm pin and even his internet banking details...anyway, for each his own
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by cc150615(f): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
MarvellousGod: why not? Depends on the type of partner you have...I even know my bf's atm pin and even his internet banking details...anyway, for each his own
finally I know u have a bf, an obviously serious one at that, anyway I didn't expect a whole you to be single after all.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Godmystrength: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
With my husband? 100% of my salary? [size=20pt]NO[/size] i am not going to consider it.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by 5minsmadness: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
No.
Bad idea.
It only works in romance novels.
No wait...even there it doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
A very foolish idea. Lack of foresight. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
The presenter is cute and quirky smiley

@ Topic: I say BOTH!! Each should have a personal account along with one or more joint accounts for designated purposes.

Once the couple has tallied up the total amount of money required to run their household each month, each partner should contribute an equal or agreed percentage of his or her income to a joint account that’s used to pay mortgage and car payments, property taxes, utilities, groceries, and other shared expenses. Having these payments come from a single account makes it easier to track the expenses and also naturally encourages couples to have regular check-ins about their finances.

If a couple is saving for a vacation, a new car, a home renovation, or another big project, keeping an additional joint account expressly for that purpose, with each partner contributing an equal or agreed percentage, is another good idea.

In conclusion, that's 1 personal account each and 1 or more joint accounts as needed. This is the best system out there, or at least what we've decided upon after thought, research and observation. It's the perfect way to keep some financial freedom whilst actively saving and managing expenses together.

Couples should really talk about it and act in their best interests. My parents had a joint account, and it worked wonderfully for them, so I don't think it's inherently evil. Yet the same did not work for his. Ultimately, it depends on the people involved.

1 Like

Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by ahnie: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
why not.....
hubby and I have a joint acct for family expenses.
abt 50 percent of our salaries.
I kinda love it...cus it gives me joy to be a helpmate rather than putting all the loads on him.
it gives me joy seeing Mr/mrs on the receipts of all our properties.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Godmystrength: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2014
ahnie: why not.....
hubby and I have a joint acct for family expenses.
abt 50 percent of our salaries
I kinda love it...cus it gives me joy to be a helpmate rather than putting all the loads on him.
it gives me joy seeing Mr/mrs on the receipts of all our properties.

the OP said joint account of your entire salary.
Nothing wrong with joint account with an agreed % of your salary
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by ahnie: 8:22am On Jul 24, 2014
Godmystrength: the OP said joint account of your entire salary.
Nothing wrong with joint account with an agreed % of your salary

no Biggie.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by lemmonade(f): 9:29am On Jul 24, 2014
Hell NO! My mom and instinct taught me better than that ojareeeeeee.

He can go ahead and have the joint acct. For us with his own 100% salary wink but not with my own 100%.

Abeg I can't shout tongue

1 Like

Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Godmystrength: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2014
ahnie:

no Biggie.
Well might be no biggies depending on the kind of person your spouse is.
But if you have a non-prudent/lousy spender spouse, then it is a BIG biggie
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by GboyegaD(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2014
NEVER however, I support a percentage of your income going to a joint account for the immediate family needs..
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by apolonius(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
If she is financially disciplined and there are defined parameters of access.smiley

With a good wife,a joint account will breed a culture of responsible expenditure.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Kanwulia: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
NO! kiss

1 Like

Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
cc150615:
finally I know u have a bf, an obviously serious one at that, anyway I didn't expect a whole you to be single after all.
cool cool cool...

How u doing?
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by cc150615(f): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
MarvellousGod: cool cool cool...

How u doing?
me Cool, so any hope for David? maybe some side stuffs?
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by bukatyne(f): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Yes
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Rejoyla(f): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
I got married sometime in 1993 and shortly after made my spouse an alternate / independent signatory to my own salary account. I had my own cheque book and she had her to this same account, infact, it was her picture that was displayed until we separated and I did not even remember to advise the bank to remove her picture and signature until a confirmation was required for a chequewherein the bank called her and she refferred them to me. For almost all of the 17 years of the marriage, she only worked for about 2 years and though she had her own business I never for once asked her about who she spent her funds as I still kept her on monthly allowance. Having a joint account will protect a good wife in the event of untimely death of the husband but the husband , based on his understanding of the union, must plan for that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Godmystrength: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2014
Rejoyla: I got married sometime in 1993 and shortly after made my spouse an alternate / independent signatory to my own salary account. I had my own cheque book and she had her to this same account, infact, it was her picture that was displayed until we separated and I did not even remember to advise the bank to remove her picture and signature until a confirmation was required for a chequewherein the bank called her and she refferred them to me. For almost all of the 17 years of the marriage, she only worked for about 2 years and though she had her own business I never for once asked her about who she spent her funds as I still kept her on monthly allowance. Having a joint account will protect a good wife in the event of untimely death of the husband but the husband , based on his understanding of the union, must plan for that.
You got married to a lady?? or is it someone else's story?

Well, i can keep a joint account with hubby but I CAN NEVER put 100% of my salary into it. Please don't blame. I do have my reasons
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
cc150615:
me Cool, so any hope for David? maybe some side stuffs?
David's only a friend
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by 1miccza: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Say who die??
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by egopersonified(f): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
100%? Sincerely I cant ohh. I would have to account for every kobo, and as a woman, we know sometimes we just have to buy unreasonable things, how do I explain such purchases. Or when I have to give money to someone in need, I will have to 'report' myself.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by MMotimo: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2014
@ Post

Always have, 100% and no, we do not have separate personal accounts
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by ifyalways(f): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2014
No.
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by 1miccza: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
I as a man would not even advice my partner to do such it wouldn't be healthy for both of us financially..
Re: Can You Have Joint Account For Your Entire SALARY ?? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
bukatyne: Yes
Yes , me too !!

(1) (Reply)

?? / Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria / Choii,god Is Wonderful.enter And See Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.