Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,141 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (9654 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nff Should Not Renew Keshi Contract Now That Gej Is Out / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 25, 2014
The Nigeria coach saw his current deal lapsed at the end of the World Cup, and with no new offer on the table, announced he was leaving his position after the Super Eagles were eliminated at the round of 16.

But on Thursday, the executive committee led by a Acting President Mike Umeh, directed its Technical Sub committee to "open channels of communication with Mr. Stephen Keshi with a view to extending his contract, as the NFF is still interested in working with him."

The committee is expected to report back within one week.

Furthermore, it was resolve that all financial issues must be thoroughly deliberate and agreed on ahead of major competitions to avoid incidents of player training boycotts which happened at the World Cup finals on Brazil.
http://www.kickoff.com/news/47047/nff-have-moved-to-extend-stephen-keshis-contract

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by merieam16(f): 5:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Gud 4 him
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by coded01: 5:56am On Jul 25, 2014
I wish him the best in moving Nigerian futbol to the next level... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by jayseehe(m): 5:56am On Jul 25, 2014
one thing I don't like about Keshi is the fact he is too cocky.... despite super eagle's poor performance in the world cup

if he gets a new contract, good for him... I just hope he will select the best players for any tournament we partake in

4 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by kingzjay(m): 5:59am On Jul 25, 2014
That's the best option... Consistency and continuity is necessary in football. He'll improve better next outing!

BUT

It should also be agreed that No 10 Jersey be snatched from Mikel to someone more deserving... Maybe Kelechi Ihenacho! While Moses should be tutored on how to play.

6 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by omotayo9177: 6:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Okay...pls include it in d term of agreement that our number 10 Jersey should b taken frm Mikel nd handed over to Iheanacho as soon as possible. Say No to SNAILISM

17 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by HisMajesty1(m): 6:04am On Jul 25, 2014
If he must be retained, they must get a sound technical assistant for him.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 25, 2014
what is dis one saying

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by doyouknowjohnny: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Adikam: Keshi wey no dey fit call nigeria international players.na to cari home-base ful pitch.i hate de man because he dnt know hw to select quality players among his 23 man squard na 7players gud.he dumb ike uche &der re some quality yoruba players he dumb if not dat he cal osaze back we for go for group stage.i just pray he reject the offer because if not mikel is coming back to chase us out of nations cup.
oga I wish I knew the logic behind this line of thought..

3 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by shadowwalker101: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Hmmm keshi not a big fan
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by NaLaugh: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Their outing wasn't the greatest, but changing coaches every cloudy morning doesn't help either, so it's best they stick with him for a while.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by maputohq: 6:08am On Jul 25, 2014
nice. We keep making noise about keshi's lack of technical skill, yet we don't know what it takes. was Berti vogts technically sound?
Maybe you all should start teaching your Doctor what drugs to prescribe if your sickness doesn't get cured immediately.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ksbusari(m): 6:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Better. Although him too don dey form lyk sey Naiga no get person wey fit do d job.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by tbagjames(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2014
When mediocrity is celebrated above meritocracy, what do you expect. How can we ever make a good impact with a player who broke the worldcup record for the most sluggish No. 10 jersey. May God help us

5 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Smartsyn(m): 6:11am On Jul 25, 2014
ok
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 6:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Good. Continuity is the key. Keshi's team is work in progress. He is also work in progress cos he is gaining experience.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2014
Keshi wey no dey fit call nigeria international players.na to cari home-base ful pitch.i hate de man because he dnt know hw to select quality players among his 23 man squard na 7players gud.he dumb ike uche &der re some quality yoruba players he dumb if not dat he cal osaze back we for go for group stage.i just pray he reject the offer because if not mikel is coming back to chase us out of nations cup.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Jakeattah(m): 6:18am On Jul 25, 2014
They should, good move
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Austindark(m): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2014
d guy is somehow proud. he doesn't like to take responsibilities for his mistakes.
he like shifting blames to players enen wen he is obviously wrong.

anyway we've got no beta replacement for now, let him just ve it

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 6:20am On Jul 25, 2014
jayseehe: one thing I don't like about Kesh is the fact he is too cocky.... despite super eagles poor performance in the world cup

if he gets a new contract, good for him... I just hope he will select the best players for any tournament we want to partake in

Oga, Super Eagles did not have a poor performance at the WC.Were u expecting them to lift the Cup? Imho, Nigeria got as far as they can get with the crop of players they have.

Round of 16 is just a fair result.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by tsinepa: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Right move Nice Move from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Austindark: g
mr g
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by amakufrancis(m): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2014
y him no win world cup mak BH gv us our gals?
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Maycher(m): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2014
why not just leave this dude alone...this man they vex me sha undecided
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by LMAyedun(m): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Who cares undecided
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

Oga, Super Eagles did not have a poor performance at the WC.Were u expecting them to lift the Cup? Imho, Nigeria got as far as they can get with the crop of players they have.

they have poor perfomance in round 16 they just play the match like street match very slow.if not we would hav say that nigeria tried in round 16 bt fail to qualify only osaze that you nairalander use to insult were very serious in the game
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by dedons: 6:23am On Jul 25, 2014
...that m.u.m.u fat belle coach wey go just sitdown dey chew gum lyk person wey no use rubber play when he small...
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 25, 2014
K
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Austindark(m): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2014
grin grin grin
Adikam: mr g
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by jayseehe(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

I'm not talking about how far they went, it's how well they played(performance)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sandro Tonali Likely To Get 10-Month Ban In Gambling Probe / FG Gifts Nigeria Women’s Basketball Team 1M Each Over Victory - Pictures / Wilfred Ndidi Has Been Ruled Out Of AFCON Due To Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.