Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (9649 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nff Should Not Renew Keshi Contract Now That Gej Is Out / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by cocoduck: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Abraham2013:
-Was dat crop of players d best we hav?
-Other countries dat got to d semi finals, did dey use players wit 4 legs?
-so u consider a tournament were u finished behind costa rica successful?
-can u compare d performance algeria and nigeria? Bear in mind dat both teams finished in d round of 16
-wen keshi was going to d world cup, d nff set a semi final target 4 him. Did he achieve his target? If no, wat was responsible 4 him not achieving d target set 4 him?
-if dis ur keshi did so well, y hav'nt order teams signed him yet? Bear in mind dat algerian coach hav since signed up wit anoda team.
-do u know dat only germany and brazil had a bigger world cup budget dan nigeria amongst d whole team dat went to d world cup?
These countries have superb
domestic leagues being run by professionals in contrast to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Abeg mak una go sitdown, didnt u hear his reason of resignation dickheads
Yea, his contract expired after the world cup n not that he resigned.....So you P*ssy juice, go get ur facts rite

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ewosk: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:
How can you be talking like this? Was Nigeria nt in control until Nigeria's Midfield strong room, Onazi, was pulled down?

Besides, u cannot compare the calibre of players the French paraded to that of Nigeria. U know na.
That's y as said we got as far as the quality we had in the team. That team was nt a quarter final material.

Keshi is not fault proof in Nigeria's defeat to France...dou that does not negate d fact that He has been among d most successful coach of d super Eagles in d past two decades...though i doubt his tactical depth in reading and changing d course of games and his ineptness in making changes or reluctance to effect changes(Mikel was non existent in dat france game) i hope the tide of luck or whatever does not run out on him..Wishing d Super Eagles to improve especially in d midfield with or without Stephen Okechukwu Keshi (Big Boss)

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Abraham2013(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: talking bout Costa Rica, they played well and that doesn't mean the super eagles had a poor tournament. if we had a poor tournament, what bout Italy, England with their army of stars scored only 2 goals in the competition , the same number of goals our very own Musa scored in the competition and even Portugal with their world best all left the competition at the group stage and not to talk of the Spanish team that had a disastrous outing at the mundial. And we loosing to a better team isn't really a bad outing.........not like we were expecting the boys to bring back the trophy
Bros dere is a difference between playing well and losing with playing badly and losing. Nobody will say algerians did not giv dere best b/cos dey played well and lost. In any game, dere must be a winner and a loser, buh d most important tin is dat u play to d best of ur abilities.
Secondly if u giv an example of big teams dat crashed out in d 1st round, wat of d big teams dat got to d semi final and win it nko?

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Abraham2013(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2014
cocoduck:
These countries have superb
domestic leagues being run by professionals in contrast to Nigeria
Those nigeria hav a beta league dan bosnia? Those costa rica hav a beta league dan england and italy? Those chile hav a beta league dan spain? I can go on n on. So u see dat its has notin to do wit ur league.
Proper planing, gud technical n tactical acumen, and a gud bench is wat wins a game in d world cup.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by sol2galay: 11:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Adikam: they have poor perfomance in round 16 they just play the match like street match very slow.if not we would hav say that nigeria tried in round 16 bt fail to qualify only osaze that you nairalander use to insult were very serious in the game

osaze caused the goal that nailed our hope
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Abraham2013:
Bros dere is a difference between playing well and losing with playing badly and losing. Nobody will say algerians did not giv dere best b/cos dey played well and lost. In any game, dere must be a winner and a loser, buh d most important tin is dat u play to d best of ur abilities.
Secondly if u giv an example of big teams dat crashed out in d 1st round, wat of d big teams dat got to d semi final and win it nko?
well, kudos to big big teams that went far and congrats to the eventual winners....but I still maintan we never had a poor tournament, its just that as a patriotic nigerian our expectation on the SE was very high hence we never had the patient to analyze the better teams that performed woefully..

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by apolonius(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2014
Keshi can't deliver anything on the global stage. Well,this is a mediocre to keep if we are happy being local champions.

I know Nigerians love failures alot.smiley
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ceeceeco: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2014
God bless Nigeria. Pls we need keshi 2 retain his position. He's taken us a long way & we cnt afford 2 lose him 2 d south Africans. Pls FG should just renew his contract. Keshi is good.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: Yea, his contract expired after the world cup n not that he resigned.....So you P*ssy juice, go get ur facts rite

everything you do is based on sentiments, he resigned because his tenure expired, good, what other reason does he said (the principal reason) the team is not disciplined and organizaed, dont u read? all you do is criticizing people's posts all about,,, tell me y he was sacked in Togo and Mali dickheads
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by maputohq: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Mumu, where in my comments have i claimed to know more than him, everybody has a profession and he or she is expected to be @ its best. I have my profession which am expected to perform also.
Keshi was given a job,
-Did he perform up to expectation?
He performed above expectations. keshi was employed to take Eagles to the AFCON semis and qualify us for the world cup.

-Is dat d best 23 man list he should have gone to the world cup with?
I don't think any other would v been better.

-Is something worng with the selection process?
you would still criticize him if he went with those he dropped.

Even coaches that got to the semi final stage was booted out.
Can you compare the squads of that team with ours?

MY QUESTION NOW IS WHO IS THE DULLARD? .
You. Its obvious.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: talking bout Costa Rica, they played well and that doesn't mean the super eagles had a poor tournament. if we had a poor tournament, what bout Italy, England with their army of stars scored only 2 goals in the competition , the same number of goals our very own Musa scored in the competition and even Portugal with their world best all left the competition at the group stage and not to talk of the Spanish team that had a disastrous outing at the mundial. And we loosing to a better team isn't really a bad outing.........not like we were expecting the boys to bring back the trophy
Still talking abt Costa Rica, they got to d Qfinal cos dey played Greece in 2nd round. If they had to play d likes of Holland, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile or even France do u think dey would have made it?

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by yunafa(f): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
hope he can handle it
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

everything you do is based on sentiments, he resigned because his tenure expired, good, what other reason does he said (the principal reason) the team is not disciplined and organizaed, dont u read? all you do is criticizing people's posts all about,,, tell me y he was sacked in Togo and Mali dickheads
I wasn't talking bout togo and Mali here....P*ssy juice
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Bigsteveg(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
maputohq:
He performed above expectations. keshi was employed to take Eagles to the AFCON semis and qualify us for the world cup.

I don't think any other would v been better.
-Is something worng with the selection process? YES

Even coaches that got to the semi final stage was booted out.

MY QUESTION NOW IS WHO IS THE DULLARD? YOU

EEDIOT.

If u call reaching the second round of the world cup as an achievement and above expectations, then we must be reasoning differently.

May i also remind u dat Nigeria have always being knocked out of the second round for some time now, so wots d above expectations...maybe ure thinkin becos he's a nigerian man so he can do more than that? Then something is wrong.

And may i also remind u dat d only game we won was not a wothy winning as Bosnia (Dzeko's ) clean goal was nullified.

If wot we did @ world cup was above expectations for u, then we should stop parading ourselves as the giant of Africa in football.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:
Still talking abt Costa Rica, they got to d Qfinal cos dey played Greece in 2nd round. If they had to play d likes of Holland, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile or even France do u think dey would have made it?
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:
CAPITAL NO!!!
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by jhidey08(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Syenite:

Oga, Super Eagles did not have a poor performance at the WC.Were u expecting them to lift the Cup? Imho, Nigeria got as far as they can get with the crop of players they have.

Round of 16 is just a fair result.
youngman, dey had a very poor performance, winning jst 1 match in 4 matches, controlled 72% of possession against France and couldn't score a goal, luk at dat team critically, apart 4rm d 1st eleven dat played dere ws no beta player on d bench. And mind u, dey were in d weakest group in d World Cup. Dat Keshi man should b sacked. He is a business man.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Syenite(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abraham2013:

The earlier you people realise dat Nigeria is nt among d power houses in football the better. U can't simply give what u dnt have. We simply lack that quality to go beyond where we got to.

Yes, 3 African teams have made it to d quarter finals. Check out d teams dey played in 2nd round:
Cameroun vs Colombia
Senegal vs Sweden
Ghana vs USA.

Forget FIFA ranking we know d top 8 footballing nations in the world. And imho they in no particular order are:
Brazil
Germany
Spain
Argentina
Italy
Holland
France
England or Portugal.

If any of d ealier mentioned African team had had to play any of these top 8/9 teams in the 2nd round do u think history would b what it is today?

African teams simply lack what it takes to go beyond d quarter finals. They only get to d quarter finals when dey play against a Grade B team in likes of Colombia, Sweden and USA.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Bigsteveg:

If u call reaching the second round of the world cup as an achievement and above expectations, then we must be reasoning differently.

May i also remind u dat Nigeria have always being knocked out of the second round for some time now, so wots d above expectations...maybe ure thinkin becos he's a nigerian man so he can do more than that? Then something is wrong.

And may i also remind u dat d only game we won was not a wothy winning as Bosnia (Dzeko's ) clean goal was nullified.

If wot we did @ world cup was above expectations for u, then we should stop parading ourselves as the giant of Africa in football.
point of correction.
1.We dont parade ourselves as giant of Africa in football.
2.You dont turn a team below average into world class players talkless of world cup material.
3.We had a good outing @ the WC
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: I wasn't talking bout togo and Mali here....P*ssy juice

Den justify your being non-sentimental........... dickhead
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Den justify your being non-sentimental........... dickhead
all I'm saying is let Keshi be......p*ssyjuice
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: all I'm saying is let Keshi be......p*ssyjuice

Did u remembered when Keshi resigbed?? He didnt inform NFF or the Nigerian Government of his resignation rather, he went to the press right there in Brazil and announced his resignation to the world,,, think of it,,,, if he is reasonable enough, he would have discussed the issue with his officials and government before proclaiming it to the world... that is absolutely the sign of animal, the NFF President even denied his resignation at first saying the body wasnt informed,,,, think of when the Brazilian coach resigned, he followed the normal and due procedure not boycotting the body. To my own opinion, i sincerely and strongly believe that that guy not given a second chance of reign,,,,,,,,, hope u understand dickhead,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by daveP(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
kingzjay: That's the best option... Consistency and continuity is necessary in football. He'll improve better next outing!

BUT

It should also be agreed that No 10 Jersey be snatched from Mikel to someone more deserving... Maybe Kelechi Ihenacho! While Moses should be tutored on how to play.
(voice of Gauis the physician) in the land where footballers showcase talents via Super Eagles,the destiny of the Midfield rests on the shoulders of a small boy....His name.....IHEANACHO!!!
grin grin
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by lexyman(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Did u remembered when Keshi resigbed?? He didnt inform NFF or the Nigerian Government of his resignation rather, he went to the press right there in Brazil and announced his resignation to the world,,, think of it,,,, if he is reasonable enough, he would have discussed the issue with his officials and government before proclaiming it to the world... that is absolutely the sign of animal, the NFF President even denied his resignation at first saying the body wasnt informed,,,, think of when the Brazilian coach resigned, he followed the normal and due procedure not boycotting the body. To my own opinion, i sincerely and strongly believe that that guy not given a second chance of reign,,,,,,,,, hope u understand dickhead,,,,,,,,

Oga this is a public forum , don't say things you don't know .keshi never resigned , his contract expires immediately after the World Cup .... Stop feeding people with lies and wrong info from media house .

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by daveP(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Austindark: d guy is somehow proud. he doesn't like to take responsibilities for his mistakes.
he like shifting blames to players enen wen he is obviously wrong.

anyway we've got no beta replacement for now, let him just ve it
see look at the attitude Onigbinde put up when he was coach and that of keshi.do you notice any similarities? If yes then one needs to understand that when dealing with NFF as an indigenious coach,u r bound to show them your worth,and make then equally respect you.thus their cockiness and arrogance.NFF no dey respect professionals(okocha,oliseh,etc)even berti vogt was cocky at a time.d problem is with d employers.no credibilty or respect on their side.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

well, for the first time u p*ssyjuice, u hv got a point thr......he was wrong not taking the proper channel. But still, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another contract, that I still stand firm on.

1 Like

Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: well, for the first time u p*ssyjuice, u hv got a point thr......he was wrong not taking the proper channel. But still, that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve another contract, that I still stand firm on.

Well for dat u say doesnt really matter, to me is the most embarrassing and disrespectful act I ever heard of in the history of Nigeria Football team,,,, get that dickhead
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
lexyman:

Oga this is a public forum , don't say things you don't know .keshi never resigned , his contract expires immediately after the World Cup .... Stop feeding people with lies and wrong info from media house .

You can say his tenure expired but it was broadcast all over the globe that he resigned,,,,,,,,,, what i think you should blame the press for dat scab (if at all what you are claiming is true)
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by Mcweber(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

Well for dat u say doesnt really matter, to me is the most embarrassing and disrespectful act I ever heard of in the history of Nigeria Football team,,,, get that dickhead
hmmm, very well said. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and that's yours which I have said mine...so, you p*ssyjuice now let my mention have some sleep.
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by lexyman(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
JerryJJZ:

You can say his tenure expired but it was broadcast all over the globe that he resigned,,,,,,,,,, what i think you should blame the press for dat scab (if at all what you are claiming is true)

There is difference btw expired contract and resignation ...
Re: NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract by JerryJJZ(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mcweber: hmmm, very well said. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and that's yours which I have said mine...so, you p*ssyjuice now let my mention have some sleep.

hahahaha its rather fun, am Isaac, its nice knowing you dickhead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 / Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.