Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! (30525 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by cococandy(f): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Erm I was refering to both of you. Not only you.
crackhaus:
@emboldened, is that the only proof of headship I gave? Or you're doing your selective reading again.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
I know full well that every woman needs a head in the home. In fact every woman wants a head. Any woman who comes out here to say she doesn't need a head either married the wrong person or is a wrong person herself.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by shizzleStar: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Relationship101:
And you end your comment with an insult 'Idiot'. Seems you sound like a lunatic as I am.
And just like you said, Nairaland has a lot of rooms for plenty of hypocrisy.
SHUT UP!

You are the only lunatic here, you laced your comment with unwarranted and misplaced curses which attracted the mild insult(s) you got. Your thread is a no brainer and makes no sense to any reasonable man. You can revel in the cheers and chants from 'some' women in here, it doesn't change the fact that you are being delusional neither will it give any credence to your idiottic thread.

The ladies who cheer you on are only being mischievous and deliberately insincere alas you are too silly and fixated to decipher their half-hearted and deceptive support, because deep within them, they know the nonsense you wrote up there is absolute Bullsh1t, they however find comfort in the fact that some 'man' for some reasons decided to let out his frustration in favour of women.

Nonsense!

13 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by femilicious: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
Relationship101: Kudos to all the women (and men) that are standing up against domestic abuse. Africans has experienced a large dose of abuse (especially to the women) and we need to stand up against this devilish act. I love women. They are queens. They are strong, energetic, important and compassionate. Damn! Did I forget to mention that they are sexy?
BUT*clears throat* for those idiots that think men are the HEAD which automatically place women somewhere beneath, I pray you fall into river niger and drown (fortunately for you, that isn't going to happen) but I still wish bad for you. To all those stupid women that has been brainwashed into thinking that they need to be beaten, harassed or maltreated for them to BE a woman, I pray you go to hell fire. You have lost your sense of becoming 'yourself'. You've sold your soul to an ideology that is contrary to the ethics of being a human being. To all those clergy that preaches 'submission' to women. I come against you with all my might. You have destroyed our women. You have made our wife remain in an abusive home simply because they need to be submissive to their fucking husband. What actually is submission? Is it the 21st century term for slavery. Woe unto you! You have made the teenagers in my street think that they need to FEAR men and give them respects they don't deserve simply because they are men.
Marriage is not a hierarchy of positions. It is partnership. It is BEING together. It is LOVE. It is kissing all night by the moon light without any thought for tomorrow. Women are not baby making machines. Their DUTY is not to be used.
A marriage without children can also be a sweet marriage if both parties agree together. Don't call the woman witch. (Yes I am talking to you the useless in-laws). Go get a job and stay away from peoples life. Women pride is my pride. Women courage is my courage. Women freedom is my freedom. I love women.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by avuekwe(f): 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
I do agreee with some of the points the OP raised but some of them sha are somehow
grin no weapon fashioned by ranting men on Nairaland against the OP shall prosper. grin

7 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by femilicious: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Acidosis: The originator of marriage called MEN Heads of their families. You a self-accalimed relationship "expert" says the man is not the head grin

OP, don't you think you're going m a d? cheesy grin

Can I ask you, apart from the part where it says woman be submissive, what other part of the bible do you know off your head!

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: I know full well that every woman needs a head in the home. In fact every woman wants a head. Any woman who comes out here to say she doesn't need a head either married the wrong person or is a wrong person herself.
So who told you that every woman needs a head? Did EVERY woman tell you that they NEED head? And why is it necessary for a woman to need head. You mean she can't think and do things from her own judgement?

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Ngokafor(f): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
ROTFL!...This thread has certainly sent lots of men to the hospital..

..I can imagine them hitting their keyboards with their blood pressure to the roof...

..@op you are one big meanie..make i kuku tanda here and catch some fun laughing..lol!

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Ngokafor(f): 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
avuekwe: I do agreee with some of the points the OP raised but some of them sha are somehow
grin no weapon fashioned by ranting men on Nairaland against the OP shall prosper. grin

..lol!..na real ranting..

..enough wailing and gnashing of teeth i tell you..but i honestly do not agree with some of op's points..

..but who cares?..my own na to laugh at them all..
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Relationship101:
So who told you that every woman needs a head? Did EVERY woman tell you that they NEED head? And why is it necessary for a woman to need head. You mean she can't think and do things from her own judgement?
Why don't u ask them? Well mine needs cos she won't let me be the tail. Should we send her to sambisa?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Wowzers.
Well, this is interesting...
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: Why don't u ask them? Well mine needs cos she won't let me be the tail. Should we send her to sambisa?

Respectfully, your one thread states otherwise.

"Complaint, complaint,complaint. Nagging,nagging,nagging. She is at the centre of the universe, everybody must worship her, she must be in charge.

Trust me, with this pride I made sure she wields zero power in my house.
"
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Acidosis(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
femilicious:

Can I ask you, apart from the part where it says woman be submissive, what other part of the bible do you know off your head!
Very s¡lly question, bro/woman.

The fact that you do not have a common bible doesn't mean others do not study theirs daily.

Get well soon.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
My 'condolence' goes to some ladies who might fall and walk in the pathway of OP and his allieds.

Some anti-men and e-feminists on this forum are docile and humble in their respective real life families. But when they come online, their aim is to confuse the confused and lead the innocent ones astray.

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
femilicious:

OMG, OMG, OMG, if I was single I would marry you this instant

You want to marry a she-male? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Respectfully, your one thread states otherwise.

"Complaint, complaint,complaint. Nagging,nagging,nagging. She is at the centre of the universe, everybody must worship her, she must be in charge.

Trust me, with this pride I made sure she wields zero power in my house.
"

exactly my point. I gave her the power and it was too much for her. How did I do it? I decided not to give her any opportunity to disrespect me. Take all the decisions, do as you like, do not consult me about anything. Is that not what every woman wants?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: exactly my point. I gave her the power and it was too much for her. How did I do it? I decided not to give her any opportunity to disrespect me. Take all the decisions, do as you like, do not consult me about anything. Is that not what every woman wants?

That right there is the definition of being SINGLE.

2 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

That right there is the definition of being SINGLE.
How can you be married to a man u cannot submit to? It's either you a married or single.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: How can you be married to a man u cannot submit to? It's either you a married or single.

How can you be SINGLE in a marriage. It's either you're single or married, no?

Take all the decisions, do as you like, do not consult me about anything. Is that not what every woman wants?

3 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

How can you be SINGLE in a marriage. It's either you're single or married, no?

It depends on what you call marriage. An ideal marriage is one where there is harmony. But when a woman enters marriage seeking to compete with instead of complementing her man, then there is no harmony rather you have tenants in the same house which you mistaken to be marriage.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: It depends on what you call marriage. An ideal marriage is one where there is harmony. But when a woman enters marriage seeking to compete with instead of complementing her man, then there is no harmony rather you have tenants in the same house which you mistaken to be marriage.

Please, what do you mean when you say "compete"? So we're clear.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by troy20(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by troy20(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
lordy lord! what blasphemy! get hold of this dude already lets slit his throat.this dude is way to much of feminist and a misandrist.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Please, what do you mean when you say "compete"? So we're clear.
what is the meaning of equality which women are clamoring for? How do you apply it in marriage without it resulting in competition? You don't take all the decisions all the time. You decide today, I decide tomorrow. Me think the role of a woman is akin to that of a special adviser. You give your advice or your objection while the final decision is his. Let me give you an instance for you to know where I am coming from. I decided to name my first daughter without consulting my wife cos I knew she would object it even though the name was a nice Christian name. She actually complained about it and proved me right.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
vicoson: what is the meaning of equality which women are clamoring for? How do you apply it in marriage without it resulting in competition? You don't take all the decisions all the time. You decide today, I decide tomorrow. Me think the role of a woman is akin to that of a special adviser. You give your advice or your objection while the final decision is his. Let me give you an instance for you to know where I am coming from. I decided to name my first daughter without consulting my wife cos I knew she would object it even though the name was a nice Christian name. She actually complained about it and proved me right.

The ideal marriage is a partnership. When partners in a marriage value equality, they see each other as equals, treat each other with respect, consider each other’s needs, and support on another. Equal partners agree on goals together and work as a team to achieve these goals. They show equal commitment to the relationship and provide mutual support and nurturing. Each values the other’s work life as highly as his or her own, even if that work life doesn’t include employment outside the home - each piece is crucial for a healthy whole.

What's a "special advisor" who's advice always goes unheeded, or who's counsel isn't sought?

What does your example prove, but the fallout they occurs when you "Take all the decisions, do as you like, do not consult about anything".

Why rob your wife of her say? Why not choose a name you both agree on? She was probably more angry about your complete disregard than she was about the name itself.

6 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by kilokeys(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
for a long time I hvent felt this angry

@op
if I am the world's highest paid assassin, I'll kill u for free.

5 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by cococandy(f): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin
kilokeys: for a long time I hvent felt this angry

@op
if I am the world's highest paid assassin, I'll kill u for free.

1 Like

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

The ideal marriage is a partnership. When partners in a marriage value equality, they see each other as equals, treat each other with respect, consider each other’s needs, and support on another. Equal partners agree on goals together and work as a team to achieve these goals. They show equal commitment to the relationship and provide mutual support and nurturing. Each values the other’s work life as highly as his or her own, even if that work life doesn’t include employment outside the home - each piece is crucial for a healthy whole.

What's a "special advisor" who's advice always goes unheeded, or who's counsel isn't sought?

What does your example prove, but the fallout they occurs when you "Take all the decisions, do as you like, do not consult about anything".

Why rob your wife of her say? Why not choose a name you both agree on? She was probably more angry about your complete disregard than she was about the name itself.

what if there is no name I chose that she will agree on? Obviously you do not get it. Some women are just out to rebel.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Please note that I said I refused to consult her because I knew she would object it. Why would she agree with me in the first place when she is the head and the neck?
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Divalavender(f): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
You are very right @ the Poster, some men re just goats , big billy goats oo , you don't beat a woman to gain respect ,that I call weakness n low self esteem , real men don't beat women , those goats in human skin called men , will do everything under the radar to avenge if their daughters re used as a punching bag and can't simply stand a man/boy hitting their daughters , yet he will tight his fist and descend on a woman like mike Tyson , that is what I call GROSS and COWARDICE , #period, if you can't control your anger , u walk out , and to those sisters out there who accepts such , kudos ooo , one day you will find yourself 6ft n trust me , if at all he mourns u , e no go pass 1week , konji go hold am. Both parties should show respect to each other , nobody is head or tail Biko , all is same in the eyes of the Lord. If I hear piiiiiiiim again! Human rights activist has spoken . Ngwa kachifonu .gutunight .

4 Likes

Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2014
vicoson: what if there is no name I chose that she will agree on? Obviously you do not get it. Some women are just out to rebel.

You can take turns naming the children, or come to an agreed compromise - give and take. You have nine months to choose a set of names, it's not so difficult. Disagreeing about every little thing just to disagree is not adult behavior. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. There has to be a balance.

vicoson: Please note that I said I refused to consult her because I knew she would object it. Why would she agree with me in the first place when she is the head and the neck?

Head? Neck?
You're obviously going to come across disagreements you have to work through, and compromise on. Going solo willy-nilly opens the door for disagreements and further arguments. It creates the friction-filled atmosphere for your partner to do the same, leading to break-down and instability. It isn't worth it, my opinion. That's just how I see it.

Have a good one.
Re: Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! by vicoson(m): 1:46am On Jul 27, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

You can take turns naming the children, or come to an agreed compromise - give and take. You have nine months to choose a set of names, it's not so difficult. Disagreeing about every little thing just to disagree is not adult behavior. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. There has to be a balance.

Head? Neck?
You're obviously going to come across disagreements you have to work through, and compromise on. Going solo willy-nilly opens the door for disagreements and further arguments. It creates the friction-filled atmosphere for your partner to do the same, leading to break-down and instability. It isn't worth it, my opinion. That's just how I see it.

Have a good one.
You are right. I am not arguing with you just to prove a point. People will learn from our discussion so I'm going to ask you this: consider these two scenarios 1. Lucy is a nice name but have you considered Joy?
2. What kind of archaic name is that?
If you have to encounter scenario 2 every time you discuss issues with your spouse, how often would you compromise?
Back to the topic, in your opinion ma, does a family need a head and what does it entail?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why Real Men Avoid Single Mothers / Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.