Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,631 members, 7,941,438 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr (88329 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted In Saudi Arabia And Some Other Countries / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah / The Moon Has Been Sighted Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Assalaffiy: 4:39am On Jul 27, 2014
Taqabal mini waminkum-as we celebrate Eid,let us be wary of the likes of alotofgrace and Johnnoo.I have learnt to live with their provocation and would rather love those who hate me and bless even those who curse me!.Anyway alotofgrace and Johnnoo come and eat Sallah food with me,sure in Calabar! cheers

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by kolamilan(m): 4:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Eid-el-Mubarak everyone.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by HARDUBUY(m): 4:43am On Jul 27, 2014
RAO1:
I'm presently in Kogi.... all my people in the southwest fasted on sat n ll end it today
Yeah, Most of us started on Saturday so we end today bro!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Mustay(m): 4:46am On Jul 27, 2014
The Sultan announced the end of Ramadan, PT (El-Rufai's media outlet) says otherwise. Just like the beginning where Prof Oloyede was contacted by the paper, another controversy popped out as he feigned ignorance of both announcements. Obviously, something is wrong. There's a normal way the NSCIA makes their announcements and if the GS is saying one thing and the Oga at the top is saying another thing, then diaris God - Allahu Allam.

I would rather urge us to be cautious. Everyone shall be held ACCOUNTABLE for their deeds. Unity is needed, hence if the leader of the Muslims made the announcement himself, Allah knows best. That's all I can say. I'd rather not rely on a 'divisive' to fast on SHAWWAL, which is a danger in US not being uniform.

Idina siratul mustakin. . .

Eid Mubarak!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Rilwayne001: 4:47am On Jul 27, 2014
espn: it baffles me when ppl fink lik dis..I dnt want to use d F word my dear bro..r u God..so u teln me science is so perfect dat u r sure d moon will b sighted by 2:38 pm on 27/07/14..dats insanity!ppl lik u end up becoming extreminist nd waste innocenct soul due to ur naiveity and stupidity..u end up misleading multitudes of ppl..smh!if I v u as a broda..I wil flog u everdy!

You dont have to be harsh bro..
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 27, 2014
barka da sallah to all my muslim brodas n sis.ALLAH yemaimaita muna. amin sunma amin.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by adewad13(m): 4:48am On Jul 27, 2014
midetinz: He moon has been reportedly sighted at 8 different locations as confirmed by
Africa Independent Television:
''The new month of Shawwal was sighted in different places within Nigeria and therefore tomorrow (Sunday) is the first day of Shawwal equivalent to 27 July 2014.''

SULTAN OF SOKOTO

Follow us on twitter: @AIT_Online
Get more updates on our site: www.aitonline.tv

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=708760235859458&id=129804217088399&refid=17

this news was posted to create confusion among us.please it was a scrap.please don't follow
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Ballotelle(m): 4:48am On Jul 27, 2014
espn: it baffles me when ppl fink lik dis..I dnt want to use d F words my dear bro..r u God..so u teln me science is so perfect dat u r sure d moon will b sighted by 2:38 pm on 27/07/14..dats insanity!ppl lik u end up becoming extreminist nd waste innocenct soul due to ur naiveity and stupidity..u end up misleading multitudes of ppl..smh!
salam. guess u were trying to correct? i dnt think d use of certain words r appropriate. if not u wd end up being like them. God knws best
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Ballotelle(m): 4:51am On Jul 27, 2014
adewad13:
this news was posted to create confusion among us.please it was a scrap.please don't follow
how bros?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by moufan: 4:51am On Jul 27, 2014
alhamdulilahi robil alamin,thank u ALLAH for givin us the ability to fast during the month of ramadan,may YOU accept it as an act of ibadah.ameen.eid mubarak to all muslim nairalanders.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Dhulqarnain(m): 4:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Alhamdulillah!!!
I want to use this medium to wish all the Muslims all over the world a happy Eid-il-fitr!!!
May we witness many more in life.Amin!!!

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 4:52am On Jul 27, 2014
aluunoble: Wish u guyz hpy fitri!

Thanks for the hols!
tnks
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by onegig(m): 4:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Mustay: The Sultan announced the end of Ramadan, PT (El-Rufai's media outlet) says otherwise. Just like the beginning where Prof Oloyede was contacted by the paper, another controversy popped out as he feigned ignorance of both announcements. Obviously, something is wrong. There's a normal way the NSCIA makes their announcements and if the GS is saying one thing and the Oga at the top is saying another thing, then diaris God - Allahu Allam.

I would rather urge us to be cautious. Everyone shall be held ACCOUNTABLE for their deeds. Unity is needed, hence if the leader of the Muslims made the announcement himself, Allah knows best. That's all I can say. I'd rather not rely on a 'divisive' to fast on SHAWWAL, which is a danger in US not being uniform.

Idina siratul mustakin. . .

Eid Mubarak!!!!
Any other source we can confirm from? I don't know what's wrong with NSCIA. It's better they clarify things than feign ignorance over such a big issue.

Btw.. See as muslims plenty on this thread. Where you all been hiding? Abi na only during eid una dey show face?

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by okoolori(m): 4:54am On Jul 27, 2014
Bimpe29: Alhamdulillah. This year's Ramadan is completed today. Tomorrow is Sallah. May the Almighty God bring peace, blessing and enablement to observe many more of it ameen. Happy Eid-l-Fitir!

Allahumah amiin. May Subhanahu Wa Ta'allah accept our fasting as an act of Ibadah and uses this also to accept our prayers and also bring peace to our beloved Country, Nigeria.
Happy Eid-Fitri
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by tunde1200(m): 4:55am On Jul 27, 2014
And yet some still don't agree with it!.
Glory be to almighty ALLAH the king of king!.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Mustay(m): 4:58am On Jul 27, 2014
onegig: Any other source we can confirm from? I don't know what's wrong with NSCIA. It's better they clarify things than feign ignorance over such a big issue.
Any other source Nigeria's official station still runs the headline of the Sultan's announcement, I don't know what more 'official' we can ask for undecided

The danger of information mismanagement is when we start getting conflicting sources and this divides the Ummah.

All the same, as lightly as some people take it, we shall ALL be held responsible for each of our actions.

Please follow the leader as PBUH instructed.

TaqabalaLlahu minna wa minkum cool
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by EejaNla01(m): 4:59am On Jul 27, 2014
Allahu Akbar am happy Allah has made this years fasting possible and at the same time sad because this Sweet month is going again.
I pray we fast many more years(ameen).
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by EejaNla01(m): 5:03am On Jul 27, 2014
Btw.. See as muslims plenty on this thread. Where you all been hiding? Abi na only during eid una dey show face?[/quote]

The bashing on religion threads made many run away.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by onegig(m): 5:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Mustay:
Any other source Nigeria's official station still runs the headline of the Sultan's announcement, I don't know what more 'official' we can ask for undecided

Please follow the leader as PBUH instructed.

I am asking more like Cameroun or Benin or Niger.

Not doubting the authenticity. Just needed double confirmation to be able counter people with differing voices. At least if the Sultan and The council have issues i doubt those countries also have same.

Note:i am not privy to tv details. Only depend on what you guys say here.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Alhamdulilah! May Almighty Allah accept our Fast as an act of Ibadah! May He Redeem us, Forgive us Our sins and Make us witness more of this on earth.

EID MUBARAK!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by tunde1200(m): 5:07am On Jul 27, 2014
HARDUBUY:
Yeah, Most of us started on Saturday so we end today bro!

It doesn't really mater when you started another moon has been sighted. Month of Ramadan ends.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by kudsweet(f): 5:07am On Jul 27, 2014
Some people have started broadcasting on social media that people shouldn't be misled about the moon sighting that fasting holds today, I tire for we westerners oh.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 27, 2014
BinghiNya: sonofabitch

Na play I dey play na angry
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by yinxfun(m): 5:11am On Jul 27, 2014
adewad13:
So we should not follow the announcement being made on NTA, AIT&CO,?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Bwaal(m): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
RAO1:
I'm presently in Kogi.... all my people in the southwest fasted on sat n ll end it today
even wen u heard the moon has been sighted??

we re Nigerians for sure
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by eluquenson(m): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2014
Endeavour to observe your zakatul fitri this morning after subhi prayer, may Allah accept kit.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by yaradua4sure(m): 5:13am On Jul 27, 2014
am jst hearing dat 2day is the eid l fit .may almighty allah acept it 4 us
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by ehvez(m): 5:14am On Jul 27, 2014
We Would keep having problems if we mix Religion and science there are lots of things science still can prove but nature has like the bermuda triangle etc. Pls let's stick to the traditional way of moon sighting and why iS it only premium times that's against this?
Just confirmed the moon was sighted in some villages in Zaria
EID IL FITR
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 5:14am On Jul 27, 2014
Muhy479: Alhamdulilah, let's all not jettison those good conducts we imbibed during the holy month. May ALLAH accept our deeds as an act of Ibaadah. Eid-el-Mubarak
allahuma ameen
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by sckulboy: 5:15am On Jul 27, 2014
To all my muslim broda/6ta its neva d suna of Holy prophet to fast on wen eva d moon has been sighted.so pls do not fast.idil mubarak. Follow d sunah not ur afla/sheik/kailfa............

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Virginity In Islam / How To Get Rid Of Jinn / Jinn Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.