Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,688 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

Marriage - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Marriage (2011 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by layi(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2005
1. Marriage is not a word. It`s a sentence (a life sentence).

2. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind

3. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor`s Degree and the woman gets her masters.

4. Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and suffering.

5. Married life is full of excitement and frustration: In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBOR listens.

6. Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that instead.

7. There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married. A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.

8. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking; the husband gives and the wife takes.

9. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad?
Father: I don`t know son, I`m still paying for it.

10.Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn`t know hiswife until he marries her.
Father: That happens everywhere, son,EVERYWHERE!

11. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.

12. They say that when a man holds a woman`s hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defense.

13.When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.

14. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through HELL.

15. Con*bleep*ius says: man who sinks into woman`s arm soon have arms in woman`s sink.

16. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

17. Eighty percent of married man cheat in Nigeria, the rest cheat in "rest parts of the world".

18. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin. They just can`t face each other, but still they stay together.

19. Marriage is when a man and a woman become one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

20. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage the "Y" becomes silent.

21. I married Miss right, I just didn`t know her first name was Always.

22. It`s not true that married men live longer than single men, it only seems longer.

23. Losing a wife can be hard. In my case, it was almost impossible.

24. A man was complaining to a friend: I HAD IT ALL-MONEY,A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE, THE LOVE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, THEN POW! IT WAS ALL GONE. WHAT HAPPENED, asked his friend. He says MY WIFE FOUND OUT

25. WIFE: Let`s go out and have some fun tonight.
HUSBAND: OK, but if you get home before I do, leave the hallway lights on.

26. At a *bleep*tail party, one woman said to another: AREN`T YOU WEARING YOUR RING ON THE WRONG FINGER?
The other replied, YES, I, AM. I MARRIED THE WRONG MAN.

27. Man is incomplete until he gets married, then he is finished.

28. Women are unpredictable. Before marriage, she expects a man, after marriage she suspects him, and after death she respects him.
Re: Marriage by fabian(f): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2005
I've seen this before, but it still cracks me up! grin grin grin grin Very funny!
Re: Marriage by vexxy(f): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2005
This is too funny! I'm passing it to my friends now. grin
Re: Marriage by FOD(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2005
MORALE: Save yourself the trouble of marriage...remain single...jk. Nice one, Layi.
Re: Marriage by goodguy(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2005
coo cheesy
Re: Marriage by hotangel2(f): 7:06am On Sep 21, 2005
This is hilarious. Good job layi. Nice one!

9. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad?
Father: I don`t know son, I`m still paying for it.

10.Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn`t know hiswife until he marries her.
Father: That happens everywhere, son,EVERYWHERE!

26. At a *bleep*tail party, one woman said to another: AREN`T YOU WEARING YOUR RING ON THE WRONG FINGER?
The other replied, YES, I, AM. I MARRIED THE WRONG MAN.

21. I married Miss right, I just didn`t know her first name was Always.

Those were my favorites.
Re: Marriage by bagoma(f): 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2005
hey layi. was that a war agaist women? how come u implied in so many words that women are d guilty in bad marriages? take ur time o. sho areo, sho gbo? cheesy anyway u cracked me up. that was funny! ha! grin
Re: Marriage by layi(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2005
Emi o ni fowo osi juwe ile popsi mi.

I rep the male kingdom to da core.

U should see fabians joke about men...u'll think we were a mistake from GOD.
Its time to turn tables like i'm a DJ...sorry  tongue
Re: Marriage by Farriel(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2005
Interesting. And yes, I also noticed the way that women seemed to be portrayed as being the cause for most failed marriages in this joke. I'm not sure most ladies would find this funny, Layi.
Re: Marriage by bagoma(f): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2005
angry u are damned right we dont! he's been seriously warned. i believe he's taken every foul word back. abi, no be so, layi?
Re: Marriage by layi(m): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2005
My point exactly....

When the guyz are being hit..the ladies giggle But when tables are turned, its cheating.

Foul words? I don't see any o!

Really I've got no bias for the women folks..i love y'all...just wanted see how u'll react to the joke since y'all were  grin at dumb male jokes.
Re: Marriage by vexxy(f): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2005
I think this is funny. It's only fair after all of the "Dumb Husband/Men" jokes I've read. grin
Re: Marriage by kissyspark(f): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2005
its no joke i think its a fact wink
Re: Marriage by bagoma(f): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2005
then think again angry sho gbo?
Re: Marriage by goodguy(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2005
kissyspark is right. It only sounds like a joke because those facts are funny. cheesy
Re: Marriage by vexxy(f): 12:45am On Oct 05, 2005
I think they're more opinions then facts which is what makes them jokes and makes it funny.
Re: Marriage by aquita(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2007
@layi

nice one. welldone.
Re: Marriage by oyinyechi(f): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
Nice piece! kip d ball rolling

(1) (Reply)

Poetry- It was just a dream . . / A Taxi Driver's First Day On The Job. / Jonathan Declares State-Of-Emergency In Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, ... (7 States)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.