Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,159 members, 7,949,987 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever (1468 Views)

Smartress, Mattress Detects & Tells When Someone Else Is Having Sex In Your Bed / Want Her In Your Bed: Send This 20 Text Messages To Her (see Here) / Sharing Your Hurtful Relationship Experience Is An Important Step To Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever by funloving(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2006
IF YOU have ever thought you were stupid to sleep with someone, consider this. Sharing your bed could actually make you stupid if you are a man - at least temporarily.

Even without having sex, bed sharing disturbs sleep quality, say Gerhard Kloesch and colleagues from the University of Vienna, Austria. The team recruited eight unmarried, childless couples, and used questionnaires and a wrist activity monitor, an "actigraph", to assess sleep patterns after 10 nights together and 10 apart.

Men and women fared differently. While men thought they slept better with a partner, and women believed they didn't, actually both sexes had more disturbed sleep, even when they did not have sex. Lack of sleep led to increased stress hormone levels in men, and reduced their ability to perform simple cognitive tests the next day.

However, the women apparently slept more deeply when they did sleep, since they claimed to be more refreshed than their sleep time suggested. Their stress levels and mental scores did not suffer to the same extent.

Kloesch presented his work at a meeting of the Forum of European Neurosciences in Vienna last week.

Sleeping with someone also affected dream recall, with women remembering more after sleeping alone and men recalling best after sex.

Culled from the New Scientist
Re: Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever by mrmayor(m): 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2006
Mrmayor says,

I want to share my bed with 72 virgins everynight. grin grin grin
If that would make me stupid and a retard,I accept wink wink
Re: Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever by trendy(f): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2007
Mrmayor shocked grin carry go, nothing do you, lol,
can i come with you,
Re: Sharing Your Bed ? You Are Not Clever by mrmayor(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2007
trendy:

Mrmayor shocked grin carry go, nothing do you, lol,
can i come with you,

Anytime darling, I don't mind being stupid with you in my bed wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

I Got A Question / People In The House Plzzzzz Why Is This Always So. / Wat Wud U Do If Ur Bf Dat U Luv Kips Telln U He Has So Many Galfrnds&u Just 1 Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.