Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,681 members, 7,979,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 05:25 AM

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (19250 Views)

NIGERIA CIVIL WAR : How It Started / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Nigeria In State Of War: How Over 54,000 Nigerians Died Outside The Law Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Trash

Waste of education

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Igbos are 30 million when we have not included ethnicity in any of our census

Call it trash, as much as you like. Igbo's population is within the neighbourhood of 30 million , i dont need an ethnicity census to determine that, there are sensible ways to get realistic projections

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: [b]Little Japan created an empire off China,Vietnam,korea,phillipines,all of south east asia only to be halted by the americans in midway how much less a tech savvy population far bigger than japan with a land mass far bigger than economic super power Singapore.In the event of war,the yorobars will become enslaved,subjugated and subsequently annexed by their overlords in the north who will desire control of the excellent port and coastal facilities to run their economy and in order to stave off guerilla assistance to the yorobars hence isolating them,mutual detente will be signed with the igbos with a view to not only curry their goodwill nor upset the applecart as it concerns their economic enhancing ventures but enlist their economic building prowess for a stronger northern economy in northern held territories of Lagos,Ibadam,Illorin,Kano,Kaduna even Maiduguri.The yorobar situation will not be improved as religious affiliation and in fighting will tip the moslems with northern assistance against the christians with the latter fleeing the menace of the northern jihadists into refugee settlement camps of Cotonou,Portonovo,Alauda down to Lome.Unfortunately this brain drain will further exacerbate the situation as there will be no intellectual nor technological platform to resist the Jihad occupation of the Southwest.And so the map of Nigeria will be redrawn with Arewa republic taking Southwest,the kogi and kwara part of the middle belt whilst Benue is left to align with the SS/SE.[/b]

This would be the likely scenario. But it would be foolish for the East to think she can form any form of alliance with the North. This is because, annexing Yolobaland and gaining control of her ports would only be Phase 1 of the North's agenda.

The phase 2 would be using the conquered Yolobaland and people as vassals to launch an attack with hope of gaining control of Niger delta oil, whose most onshore oil wells are in Igbo speaking lands.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: [b]Little Japan created an empire off China,Vietnam,korea,phillipines,all of south east asia only to be halted by the americans in midway how much less a tech savvy population far bigger than japan with a land mass far bigger than economic super power Singapore.In the event of war,the yorobars will become enslaved,subjugated and subsequently annexed by their overlords in the north who will desire control of the excellent port and coastal facilities to run their economy and in order to stave off guerilla assistance to the yorobars hence isolating them,mutual detente will be signed with the igbos with a view to not only curry their goodwill nor upset the applecart as it concerns their economic enhancing ventures but enlist their economic building prowess for a stronger northern economy in northern held territories of Lagos,Ibadam,Illorin,Kano,Kaduna even Maiduguri.The yorobar situation will not be improved as religious affiliation and in fighting will tip the moslems with northern assistance against the christians with the latter fleeing the menace of the northern jihadists into refugee settlement camps of Cotonou,Portonovo,Alauda down to Lome.Unfortunately this brain drain will further exacerbate the situation as there will be no intellectual nor technological platform to resist the Jihad occupation of the Southwest.And so the map of Nigeria will be redrawn with Arewa republic taking Southwest,the kogi and kwara part of the middle belt whilst Benue is left to align with the SS/SE.[/b]

The usual nonsense talk. Do a reality check.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye:

Call it trash, as much as you like. Igbo's population is within the neighbourhood of 30 million , i dont need an ethnicity census to determine that, there are sensible ways to get realistic projections

Igboland is big enough to contain all Igbos,with spaces remaining.

Most Igbos have houses and investments in Igboland,and , most Igbo families have members in Diaspora,whose finance would ameriolate the financial difficulty we might encounter.

And most importantly, Nigeria's death is not going to be acute,but is chronic and have been on for decades now, most Igbos are now making sure they invest in the East,and a good number of them had since relocated back to the east,a situation which have seen a surge in real estate business in the East, especially in Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye:

Ok

Convince us

We are all ears

Tell us all these realistic projections that you know
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

What will Yorubas exchange for arms.?

When you answer that question truthfully then you will know that you are at the mercy of Arewa Biafrans ND forces.

This has been discussed in several threads. Its the same question that can be asked of the north.

What yoruba have is ties with several tribes within and outside Nigeria. It may not be what Yoruba can give in war situation, but what Yoruba can give back in future.

Please understand that yoruba tribe strrtches throuth benin republic, togo to serria leone. Thisr are also countries with armament. Probably even a payment for past help by Yoruba is enough for them to come in. Who wants a humanitarian camp to be made of their country from Nigeria's huge population of Yoruba(not saying there will be, but as precaution). This is just one of many theories.

In Nigeria, many don't even realise Yoruba have ties with Benue state, mostly with Tivs. It isn't visible except in subtle clues and also because its not shouted on the roof tops.

You will be surprised the number of tribes that have trade and even war alliance in this same country. Igbo are not good at this, buy they have some leaders who started learning this from the obasanjo presidency in 1999. Its a flaw that needs to be corrected, war or not.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:

This would be the likely scenario. But it would be foolish for the East to think she can form any form of alliance with the North. This is because, annexing Yolobaland and gaining control of her ports would only be Phase 1 of the North's agenda.

The phase 2 would be using the conquered Yolobaland and people as vassals to launch an attack with hope of gaining control of Niger delta oil, whose most onshore oil wells are in Igbo speaking lands.

You failed to put into account that some Yorubas will start a guerrilla movement that will receive the support of Biafrans/ND to distract Arewa troops in Yorubaland

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

What will Yorubas exchange for arms.?

When you answer that question truthfully then you will know that you are at the mercy of Arewa Biafrans ND forces.

Even the oil in Ishekiri is closer to ND forces.

The oil in Edo/Ondo a sizeable portion is on Ijaw speaking areas.

So those of you thinking land size will save you guys should ponder deeply if your near inability to raise sufficient fund to arm you troops will bring to fruit your geographical advantage.

When you ponder deeply, you will know why Awo chickened out of his quest for Odua republic

You will understand why Awo introduced indigenization policy of which Yorubas were the greatest beneficiaries

You will understand why Awo stole our money through 20 pounds policy

The fact is

Awo realised that Yoruba region do not have any reasonable resources that can finance her war.

That is why your leaders carved some part of Ijaw land into Edo and Ondo states.

That is why your leaders tried to revive ancient friendship with Ishekiris and Binis.

With reasoning like this, pray those who will advance the eastern cause will not put you in the fore front

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2014
semitunde:

This has been discussed in several threads. Its the same question that can be asked of the north.

What yoruba have is ties with several tribes within and outside Nigeria. It may not be what Yoruba can give in war situation, but what Yoruba can give back in future.

Please understand that yoruba tribe strrtches throuth benin republic, togo to serria leone. Thisr are also countries with armament. Probably even a payment for past help by Yoruba is enough for them to come in. Who wants a humanitarian camp to be made of their country from Nigeria's huge population of Yoruba(not saying there will be, but as precaution). This is just one of many theories.

In Nigeria, many don't even realise Yoruba have ties with Benue state, mostly with Tivs. It isn't visible except in subtle clues and also because its not shouted on the roof tops.

You will be surprised the number of tribes that have trade and even war alliance in this same country. Igbo are not good at this, buy they have some leaders who started learning this from the obasanjo presidency in 1999. Its a flaw that needs to be corrected, war or not.

I know Yoruba tribe stretches to Ghana. Historically the nearest Eastern ethnic group Yorubas have contact with his the Igalas and somehow Idomas.

As for Tivs there is no connection both from legend or fact.

What I want you to understand is that in war, you need to exchange something for weapons.

The Ishekiris who have can be overrun by ND forces in the event of treachery.

A good portion of oil in Edo/Ondo are on Ijaw territory. Any forceful claim of their rights will incur the wrath of the ND forces who will definitely seek to protect them and their rights.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Dibiachukwu: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2014
I have noticed that, the new anthem on this thread is that Igbos are war mongering. I for one would love to live in peace with everybody. But reality and history is a mean bi.tch. We are just discussing about a possible war in Nigeria. No body here has called for a war. So people, keep it civil.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye:

The usual nonsense talk. Do a reality check.

Let me break it down for you.

When Nigeria falls, the north is going to be starved of the two things they have come to believe are their birth right. Oil and sea access.

They can't have the Oil without having access to Yoloba's sea ports, as they would need the sea access to import weapons and food to sustain their match to the real southern Nigeria.

The Yolobas would have but two options.
1. Go into a master-slave alliance with the north that would allow the north to have access to their ports,with a future possibility of making an Ilorin of the entire Yolobaland in true emirate style, the islamic prescence already in Yolobaland would make this easy. And then being used as slave vassals by the North in their march to the East. *grins*

2. Engage the North in a bitter fight that would leave them decimated by the North, while those of us in the East keeps dancing Skelewu,going about our business and setting up a military camp in Edo to prevent the war spilling over to Igbo communities in Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2014
None of those two scenarios would benefit the Yolobars.

Infact, it just dawned on me that the Yolobars are the biggest beneficiaries of a united Nigeria, and stands to lose most,if she dies in a war theatre.

I am now beginning to understand why Yolobars didn't fight for Odua republic in 1967. Those two scenarios must have been well analysed by Awo and other Yoloba intelligentia,and they came to the knowledge that the best bet for the Yolobas was a united Nigeria.

A wise decision by them if you ask me, i would have done the same if i were in their shoes.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Dibiachukwu: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:

Let me break it down for you.

When Nigeria falls, the north is going to be starved of the two things they have come to believe is their birth right. Oil and sea access.

They can't have the Oil without having access to Yoloba's sea ports, as they would need the sea access to import weapons and food to sustain their match to the real southern Nigeria.

The Yolobas would have but two options.
1. Go into a master-slave alliance with the north that would allow the north to have access to their ports,with a future possibility of making an Ilorin of the entire Yolobaland in true emirate style, the islamic prescence already in Yolobaland would make this easy. And then being used as slave vassals by the North in their match to the East. *grins*

2. Engage the North in a bitter fight that would leave them decimated by the North, while those of us in the East keeps dancing Skelewu,going about our business and setting up a military camp in Edo to prevent the war spilling over to Igbo communities in Edo state.
Bros, you know you will just be annoying this man. He is likely proud of his race; just like you are proud of yours. Replace all that with Igbo and see, if you will be happy.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:

Igboland is big enough to contain all Igbos,with spaces remaining.

Most Igbos have houses and investments in Igboland,and , most Igbo families have members in Diaspora,whose finance would ameriolate the financial difficulty we might encounter.

And most importantly, Nigeria's death is not going to be acute,but is chronic and have been on for decades now, most Igbos are now making sure they invest in the East,and a good number of them had since relocated back to the east,a situation which have seen a surge in real estate business in the East, especially in Enugu.

The way you are throwing around the word "most" is not beneficial to your people. lipsrsealed.

Reality check will tell you "most" is a wrong word to use. Please change the most to "some" or "few"

Are you ready for 100% increase in population in a matter of weeks and months?
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 8:58am On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

With reasoning like this, pray those who will advance the eastern cause will not put you in the fore front

I pray they do

I believe am among those who can devise plans that will stop Arewa invasion

If you go through my posts in other threads and study it without being bias

You will realise that men like me are more dangerous than an hydrogen atomic bomb.

Men like me by God's grace are those who can shake the foundation of world history.

I pray God cause my people to put me in the forefront. Amen.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:04am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye:

The way you are throwing around the word "most" is not beneficial to your people. lipsrsealed.

Reality check will tell you "most" is a wrong word to use. Please change the most to "some" or "few"

Are you ready for 100% increase in population in a matter of weeks and months?

Those Igbos you see heading down to the East in mass during xmas, where do you think they are headed, their houses in their villages or to the bushes to live? *grins*

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Ok

Convince us

We are all ears

Tell us all these realistic projections that you know
With a stiffled mind , i doubt i can achieve that. Emotions is winning over reasoning .
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:07am On Aug 02, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
Bros, you know you will just be annoying this man. He is likely proud of his race; just like you are proud of yours. Replace all that with Igbo and see, if you will be happy.

Truth must be said,irrespective of whose horse is gored.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 9:11am On Aug 02, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
I am used to seeing such from them, i am not moved.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye: With a stiffled mind , i doubt i can achieve that. Emotions is winning over reasoning .

You have no point then

Am willing to learn to clarify my reality
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Ahuitzotl: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:

[b] More like a pincer manoeurver...i see your point but you must understand that the situation will be akin to nazi germany in the WW11 where they had to faceoff western allies in the west and russia in the east thus reducing their potency on both side of the fronts with a resounding defeat likewise the north will be forced to fight an exhaustive war on two fronts;Debilitating guerrila war in the west launched by christian yorobars from Benin Republic and a war of attrition with the Imperial Biafran Army.Remember most Yorubas conscripted against their will into the northern occupation army won't fight as committed as those on the other side of the two fronts thus the northern occupation army will be prone to desertion and sabotage invariably collapsing it as Eastern choke points are established from the midwest corridor into the South West.This action will cut off the hinterland north from the coast thus starving them of imports and supply whilst creatin an encirclement of those trapped below our choke points to be annhilated or interned as POWs.The North will try a counter invasion to relieve its forces in the south but will get bogged down by skirmishes in the middle belt, a dwindling supply of much needed military hardware imports and is eventually crushed by a combined military blockade of the coastal supply route and a reverse biafran armoured thrust,takin advantage of the thin spread of a hardware starved army spread across a large extensive area, starting with a river crossing at Lokoja before hammering into Abuja, a circling of Zaria and an occupation of Kaduna forcing the North to the negotiating table.....It is best the North comin off an annexation of the South West comes to an agreement with the igbos thus isolating the yorobars from potential assistance,secure their exposed eastern flank and secure the Southwest port and coast...for a strong northern economy.[/b]
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Infact, from now onwards, i would no longer vilify Awo. I just saw what he saw in 1967, he did no wrong, he did exactly what i would have done if put in his shoes, it's no fault of his that Ojukwu and his crew where not wise enough to have analysed 'the yolobar factor' and taken counter measures to nullify it.

A united Nigeria was Yolobas best bet in 1967, and the factors that made it so still remains in 2014, so even as i type, a united Nigeria still remains their best bet.

Awo saw this truth, and did everything he could to keep Nigeria united, he did it for his people, not becos he liked or cared about the unity of Nigeria.

Wow! Awo was really a sage, my respect for him just increased.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Ordinary fuel subsidy removal induced price hike in fuel, lots of Ibos got stranded in their town. They have spent all the cash lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza: Infact, from now onwards, i would no longer vilify Awo. I just saw what he saw in 1967, he did no wrong, he did exactly what i would have done if put in his shoes, it's no fault of his that Ojukwu and his crew where not wise enough to have analysed 'the yolobar factor' and taken counter measures to nullify it.

A united Nigeria was Yolobas best bet in 1967, and the factors that made it so still remains in 2014, so even as a type, a united Nigeria still remains their best bet.

Awo saw this truth, and did everything he could to keep Nigeria united, he did it for his people, not becos he liked or cared about the unity of Nigeria.

Wow! Awo was really a sage, my respect for him just increased.

Now you see my understanding of Awo's decisions.

Unfortunately

The younger generation do not know this fact.

Awo realised in the 1960s that Yorubas do not have a well secured means of financing a secession or repelling an invasion.

That is why he introduced indigenization and 20 pound policies to strengthen Yorubas financially.

In the 1980s when he felt Yorubas are in charge of Nigeria economy, he plotted to overthrow the military government.

Unfortunately

His plan was exposed by Jankunde

This was one of the reasons why the Arewas thought of building an inland port in Abuja to take away the economic base of Nigeria from Yorubas to Arewaland.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2014
Ahuitzotl: [b] More like a pincer manoeurver...i see your point but you must understand that the situation will be akin to nazi germany in the WW11 where they had to faceoff western allies in the west and russia in the east thus reducing their potency on both side of the fronts with a resounding defeat likewise the north will be forced to fight an exhaustive war on two fronts;Debilitating guerrila war in the west launched by christian yorobars from Benin Republic and a war of attrition with the Imperial Biafran Army.Remember most Yorubas conscripted against their will into the northern occupation army won't fight as committed as those on the other side of the two fronts thus the northern occupation army will be prone to desertion and sabotage invariably collapsing it as Eastern choke points are established from the midwest corridor into the South West.This action will cut off the hinterland north from the coast thus starving them of imports and supply whilst creatin an encirclement of those trapped below our choke points to be annhilated or interned as POWs.The North will try a counter invasion to relieve its forces in the south but will get bogged down by skirmishes in the middle belt, a dwindling supply of much needed military hardware imports and is eventually crushed by a combined military blockade of the coastal supply route and a reverse biafran armoured thrust,takin advantage of the thin spread of a hardware starved army spread across a large extensive area, starting with a river crossing at Lokoja before hammering into Abuja, a circling of Zaria and an occupation of Kaduna forcing the North to the negotiating table.....It is best the North comin off an annexation of the South West comes to an agreement with the igbos thus isolating the yorobars from potential assistance,secure their exposed eastern flank and secure the Southwest port and coast...for a strong northern economy.[/b]

Yolobas are not going to deny the North access to the sea, they wouldn't do that, they didn't do that in the past and will not do that now.

Marching an Igbo army towards Yolobaland in hope of teaming up with a Yoloba army that would help you deny the north access to the sea, would be the highest height of naivety and playing into Yoloba games and handing them more cards to play with. It would mean repeating Ojukwu's mistakes.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 9:34am On Aug 02, 2014
emiye: Ordinary fuel subsidy removal induced price hike in fuel, lots of Ibos got stranded in their town. They have spent all the cash lipsrsealed

I hope you remember the parts of Nigeria that were at the fore-front of protest against fuel subsidy removal and the parts of Nigeria that kept quiet. cool

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

I know Yoruba tribe stretches to Ghana. Historically the nearest Eastern ethnic group Yorubas have contact with his the Igalas and somehow Idomas.

As for Tivs there is no connection both from legend or fact.

What I want you to understand is that in war, you need to exchange something for weapons.

The Ishekiris who have can be overrun by ND forces in the event of treachery.

A good portion of oil in Edo/Ondo are on Ijaw territory. Any forceful claim of their rights will incur the wrath of the ND forces who will definitely seek to protect them and their rights.

Well, there are part of our history that isn't documented enough so I can't say if this is online, bet let me introduce you to Joe S. Tarka. A Tiv, he's seen as the father or modern day Tiv land nay Benue state. He was a good friend of Awolowo and learnt a lot from him. He revolutionised the development of the old Benue state and is seen as the pride if the state, but he personally was grateful to Awolowo for the insight and initiative, especially as regards agriculture.

To a lesser extent people like Joe Akaahan and Katsina Ala also had same relationship.

Since the sixties till date a lot of Tivs have had families in the West, especially Ibadan.

Do you know the Tilley Gyados? Popular family in Benue state, both strategically and in wealth. Do you know theres a Yoruba arm of the family?

I can go on. And my point is, if and when there are connections, ties between people already, either culturally or otherwise, its easier to table a discussion even with nothing as collateral. The truth is, their people on both sides and their survival can be convincing collateral enough.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Unfortunately

Awo realised in the 1960s that Yorubas do not have a well secured means of financing a secession or repelling an invasion.

That is why he introduced indigenization and 20 pound policies to strengthen Yorubas financially.

In the 1980s when he felt Yorubas are in charge of Nigeria economy, he plotted to overthrow the military government.

Unfortunately

This was one of the reasons why the Arewas thought of building an inland port in Abuja to take away the economic base of Nigeria from Yorubas to Arewaland.

Awo is simply the wisest man ever to walk the Nigeria's political landscape, i just feel bad that he wasn't playing for my team.

The Yolobas owe a lot to Awo. What a sage! No Nigerian comes close to this man, too bad his people betrayed him.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

I hope you remember the parts of Nigeria that were at the fore-front of protest against fuel subsidy removal and the parts of Nigeria that kept quiet. cool
They kept quiet as usual, the other usually at the forefront of fighting against injustice and oppression did not disappoint. Many of your people got stranded, they could not even afford the transport money back to the same "yoloband" their land of greener pasture.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:

Yolobas are not going to deny the North access to the sea, they wouldn't do that, they didn't do that before and will not do that again.

Marching an Igbo army towards Yolobaland in hope of teaming up with a Yoloba army that would help you deny the north access to the sea, would be the highest height of naivety and playing into Yoloba games and handing them more cards to play with. It would mean repeating Ojukwu's mistakes.

Gbam

If Yorubaland is invaded, the best things to do are

1) Support their guerrilla movements to distract Arewas without invading their land.

2) Find out from Yoruba muslims the sea route of Arewa ships and sink the ships in far away places as Senegal South Africa Asia South America and other international shipping routes with extensive submarine warfare while keeping it a secret from everyone including Biafrans and her allies.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Gbam

If Yorubaland is invaded, the best things to do are

1) Support their guerrilla movements to distract Arewas without invading their land.

2) Find out from Yoruba muslims the sea route of Arewa ships and sink the ships in far away places as Senegal South Africa Asia South America and other international shipping routes with extensive submarine warfare while keeping it a secret from everyone including Biafrans and her allies.

The Yolobas are not going to offer any form of resistance to the North, they would give them what they want, sea access. Getting this reality into our skulls would make things easier for us.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Unfortunately

Unfortunately

Its funny how you guys pull facts from different directions and marsh them.together...

First from a neutral perspective, the $20 policy was the right thing. You won't get that in the aftermath of many wars. Secondly, $20 at that time made anyone a rich man. And since its difficult to know exactly those who had more, I must say there we're lots of those who had less and were grateful for this policy as a grant for business start up. This is apart from the fact that most igbo got their properties in the west back. But good historyis easy to forget when its necessary to hate.

But then everything that had happened to the Igbo has been seen from a myopic perspective anyways.

I don't know if you're being smarter by half when you wrongly spelt Jakande. I won't be drawn into such though.

I'll leave your other point for someone else to to put holes in. My last post on this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Abidemi Rufai: US Submits 97,000-Page Evidence Against Gov Abiodun's Aide / G-5 Governors Adamant, Set For Makinde's Campaign / NEC Recommends Postponement Of Petrol Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.