Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:16 AM

Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years (40486 Views)

The New Ooni Of Ife Meet With OAU Sug President / Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years [PICTURED] / Student Graduates, 13 Years After Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by austertee01(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2014
Wow, Finally!!!! I'm so glad for a brother and comrade for this finally success.... can't forget ur words when u came for my inauguration as the Gen Sec (SUG Ede).... congrat brother. Aluta Continua....

Comr. Olanipekun Tolulope (Auster Tee)

(PP. Gen Sec. Fed. Poly Ede)

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Generalkorex(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2014
rashygenius:
And who stopped u 4rm crying
lol na tears no gree come
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by 234GT(m): 8:05am On Aug 03, 2014
bot101:
Its a mentality like this that keeps nigeria where it currently is, later you'll cry foul when the government maltreats you. you and your likes are plain cowards!.

So if he was your child, you would organise a thanksgiving service because your freedom-fighter child has finally graduated?

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by ismokeweed1(f): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2014
onimcee1: if i tell you wetin oshiomole tell dat widow now, e go b lik say i too dey vex.

GO AND DIE

Na me dey sabi vex pass
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by iykololo(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2014
ismokeweed1: After 13 years ? ? ? For a university your father didn't build ? ? ?

Na wao
Self centeredness. Was southafrica biult by mandela's father? Yet he spent nearly 3decades in the briggs just to free his people.

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by johnwell(m): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2014
sunnyshayne: ... You cannot catch up with your mates again ...bla bla bla

ARE YOU GOD?

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by johnwell(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2014
ManTiger:

I've read alot of derogatory reply on this thread but the fact is this GUY is far better than many of his colleagues, i'm sure many are still out searching for Job, some who were not even victimize had alot of spill over and never made it, alot of such are on this thread spewing rubbish and who says he can never catch up? Damn! You're not in the right position to judge that.
As at late last year, this dude was busy touring the whole of Oceanic Countries and later UAE, sharing pictures on his facebook, who among his mates does that?
He testify against 30,000 votes Oyinlola rig in OAU while the school was obviously closed during the election which made Aregbe won the lawsuit, till date, no one knows the remuneration that was made for him, talk of connections, he's got it.
His life is not miserable and he's not sorry about his action and you and everyone should notice just that.
Besides, he finished last year or so thus this is not a news.

well said.... I'm so disappointed in some of the comments here.

sometimes I imagine the kind of mentality nigerians have, they reason like witches.

black man
black mentality
black mind
black heart
black spirit
black soul
everything black is evil

Zap satan!

3 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by goldentee(m): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2014
lovingD: Wetin concern me.......abeg make them open our great ife,make we resume,i don miss those sweet toto and my books jare
Baddest guy ever liveth! Carry on grin
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Saburi congrats. i was a witness of your dispensation. Whatever you have lost by virtue of your right standing, God will replace. He will quicken your steps. you will never regret fighting for humans. You will be celebrated like Mandiba. you will overtake your pears. In Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Jobyruz(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2014
He went,he saw and he conquered
atleast hes gonna be remembered for somethin. what would u be remembered for

3 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by stexsy(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2014
englishmart: Odin and his aro colleagues no go allow am graduate Na.
Being an sug president is not an easy task. You have to be karid.

Karma fears no tomorrow.
For what must be must be.

My uncle was an SUG president for over 38 years owing to cultism . He graduated the same year with my kid sister.
is he an aro mate? If he is, its very normal for dem to stay longer than necessary. Say no to cultism
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Jarus(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2014
Saburi, Saburi ayi ayi o

i remember how he was rigged into SUG presidency in 2006, the year i graduated. The election was between the progressives/politically conscious students, represented by Saburi, and the church students/omo Daddy students who were ordinarily not politically active, which presented one Dr K as candidate the latter were the majority but the political active students believed Ife cant have such a figure-head as President who will be puppet to school management. They had to rig Saburi in. i remember the protest the next morning.

interesting times

3 Likes

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by ismokeweed1(f): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2014
iykololo:
Self centeredness. Was southafrica biult by mandela's father? Yet he spent nearly 3decades in the briggs just to free his people.

So you even have the guts to compare this guy to Mandela?

Mandela was BORN in sa, LIVED in sa ALL HIS LIFE, MARRIED in sa, GAVE BIRTH to all his kids in sa, became a GRAND FATHER in sa, he WON NUMEROUS ACCOLADES, AWARDS and HONOURS in sa that even presidents, kings, queens and ministers came all the way to sa to visit him and his family. He eventually DIED in sa.

Now let's compare him to this guy as YOU and a lot of CONFUSED people are doing . . .

. . . . . Do you really want us to do this ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 03, 2014
ikwoche: Saburi congrats. i was a witness of your dispensation. Whatever you have lost by virtue of your right standing, God will replace. He will quicken your steps. you will never regret fighting for humans. You will be celebrated like Mandiba. you will overtake your pears. In Jesus name. Amen
PEARS??OAU stopped producing good products since it was renamed to OAU!!!no be only pear,na potato
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by misterjosh(m): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2014
sunnyshayne: Well thank God you graduated but those guys you were fighting for have since graduated, settled down in life and may be bosses in some places. You cannot catch up with your mates again cos 13years is no beans and I don't think you will get a medal for this.

Again wishing you well I if you think the struggle was worth it.
Ifa hear day he can't catch up his mates aqain, dat he has even surpassed som alredi.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by meforyou1(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2014
BinghiNya: awolowo's goat has a higher IQ than the network Ơ̴̴̴͡f your entire igbo race in series, Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ your useless life. Give ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ a school named after ojukwu. FYI ojukwu was a lunatic, philanderer, mass murderer, paedophile, sadist and a sissy dressed like a cowardly woman to escape obj's detention.I don't need a soothsayer to know you are an Osu, onyeberibe,onye ekwensu, onuto,anuofia kogu
u are a confirmed cow. Product of awolowo's half-baked free education. U don't know that anambra state university has been renamed after ojukwu. Ragwo
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Congrats!!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
naijaboiy:
bro,,what you just said doesn't make sense at all!!!!!! smiley
Fool. .
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
The truth
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
The truth must be Told.Saburi is a fool
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by pretydiva(f): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
lovingD: Wetin concern me.......abeg make them open our great ife,make we resume,i don miss those sweet toto and my books jare
idiot..
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Muteski(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
Saburi Came, He saw and Eventually Conquered...Compare to Diamond....Akogun I salute u
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by talk2tegs(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Oba Awon University. Saburi , history will never forget the things u stood for, the new intakes will not know or understand how the things they r enjoying now came to being. I was part of the electiin that brought u in back in 2006 n also the outcome of all that happened in 2008. I pray that God grants U speed n catapults u to ur desired future.
Permit me to step aside by saying Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta.
Saburi Saburi Ayi ayi o
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by ayobase(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
oluwadanie1: When Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife former Student Union Government (SUG) President, Akinola Saburi was admitted in the year 2000, he had no feeling that he would not graduate on a record time.

His involvement in campus activism was what held him on campus for additional eight years.All started in 2003 when he was elected as the Secretary General of the students’ union and along the line, he became an acting president of the union when the incumbent president, Akinkunmi Olawoyin, was sick and could not perform his official duties again.

Saburi’s administration was said to be in constant face-off with the school authority on issues bordering on students’ welfare.

The union, according to investigations, always demanded from the authority to put things like accommodation problem, high tuition fee, overcrowded lecture rooms and hostels as well as policies they considered oppressive in the right perspective so as to make their studentship a worthwhile experience.

And at a time when there was no positive response, the students embarked on protests and the management fingered 13 of them as ring leaders including Saburi and consequently expelled them from school.

The students challenged their expulsion at the Federal High Court in Osogbo, Osun State, and the court ordered their reinstatement pending its judgment.

“But when we got back to school, we were advised to plead with the authority to reinstate us fully and this was granted on the condition that we must withdraw the case from the court,” Saburi, from Yewa North Local Government area of Ogun State, recalled. And after the pardon, according to him, some of them bowed out of unionism but Saburi and a few others did not.

Read full story here http://acadaloaded./2014/08/02/former-oau-sug-president-graduates-after-13years/

these are the kind of vessels we need in government.

since 1914, the kingdom if Nigeria suffereth violence, and the violent can take it by force.

I wish u the best in whatsoever career u have chosen.
may those you fought for remember you for good.
and may God above all remember u for good.

victory is certain.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
234GT: Fighting for the so called masses to your own detriment makes no sense.

Those you were fighting for have graduated and a good number of then have moved into the future of their dreams.

Sorry!

Fortunately, activists don't see the struggle that way. In the words of Nelson Mandela: "When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw". The fight for freedom is not for cowards but for the brave. Yes, many are called but few are chosen.

I wish this young man all the best in life and I hope the fight will not be in vain!
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by falcrownd: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
For a great man that fought for his mates, they also should also do somethings back to him. Alutá!

1 Like

Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by dcasca(m): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
The truth of the matter is that an average Nigerian is selfish. We all think about ourselves and ourselves alone. We don't have so many people who are selfless, and the few ones we have are seriously condemned. If you cannot do what Saburi did, and you cannot commend him, then you don't need to condemn him. With the mentality Nigerians have, it will only take God to intervene for this country to move forward. Job well done Saburi.
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by englishmart(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
stexsy: is he an aro mate? If he is, its very normal for dem to stay longer than necessary. Say no to cultism
if he wasn't an aromate, he wouldn't have stayed that Long.

What shall it profit a man to credit every exam and stay 13 years in school?
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by englishmart(m): 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
ManTiger:
Is your Uncle Tony Fash?
no, he's James fash
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by englishmart(m): 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
LordMecuzy:

Lol him be Vikings?
no him be vikite
Re: Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years by englishmart(m): 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: de here de form odin and aro thing, UNN no send you. If you do rubbish you are finished, ask of UNN SUG of 2009/2010, I was the Info Officer and we know the hell we passed through just to protect students' interest
so?
How the heck is this my business?

MTSCHEEW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ASUU: FG Directs New Unions To Commence Teaching Immediately / Jambites: Post Your UME Results Here! / Never Look Down On Anyone (Tomorrow Is Pregnant)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.