Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,524 members, 7,975,084 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:33 PM

‘my Relationship With Yvonne Nelson, Yemi Alade, Others’- Alexx Ekubo Speaks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘my Relationship With Yvonne Nelson, Yemi Alade, Others’- Alexx Ekubo Speaks (1170 Views)

Fan Asks Alexx Ekubo Out, See His Reply / Iyanya, Cynthia Morgan, M.I, Seyi Shay, Yemi Alade, Others Attend MAMA / Alexx Ekubo & His Girlfriend, Yemi Alade At The Headies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘my Relationship With Yvonne Nelson, Yemi Alade, Others’- Alexx Ekubo Speaks by kingsley18(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
After failing to clinch the Mr Nigeria title in 2010, Alexx Ekubo delved into movies and has so far gained recognition for himself and his talent. His appearances in movies, ‘In the Cupboard‘ and the high budget, ‘Weekend Getaway’ have fetched him awards including BON and GIAMA. In this interview, the 28-year-old tells NET about surviving his first major scandal as well as the truth behind his relationships with some of his female colleagues.

Share with us memories of your youth

Growing up for me was fun. I had a very comfortable upbringing and the basic things that I wanted. I was born in Port Harcourt but grew up all around Nigeria because of my dad’s job (regional manager for Africa Petroleum). I schooled in Federal Government Daura in Katsina, then at University of Calabar, where I studied Law.

Have you got plans to practice law some day?

I haven’t been called to bar yet but Law is still there. It’s a degree and if God says its time to drop acting and practice law, I’m more than willing to do that.

How did your journey into modeling begin?

I remember going to a photo studio in Surulere, [Derbin Photos] to take some pictures and an agent saw me, took interest in me and signed me on after a few weeks. The name of his agency is King George Agency. We did a few modeling jobs together and that was how we started.

You haven’t been doing much modeling lately. Have you dumped it for acting?

Acting takes most of my time. It takes about three weeks to shoot one movie and it sometimes takes me out of the country. It takes me all over the place. I just got back from London and was in South Africa just before that.

You lost the Mr Nigeria crown in 2010, but do you think you would have done anything differently if you had won?

I feel like a winner. There are no losers, it just depends on how you feel about it. I feel great about the contest, the organizers and what the platform has helped me achieve today. I feel fulfilled and wouldn’t have done anything different.

How did it feel being directed by Lancelot Imasuen in your debut movie ‘Sinners in the house‘?

For me then, it wasn’t anything serious. I acted alongside the Late Justus Esiri, Ngozi Ezeonu and Empress Njamah. I never knew I was going to turn out to be an actor. It was fun to just do a few scenes. Nonetheless, it was an eye opener for me and a needed experience into understanding Nollywoood. After that, I went to school and forgot all about acting, so officially, entering Nollywood professionally started in 2010 after Mr Nigeria
Is something going on between yourself and Yvonne Nelson?

Yes, there is something going on between us. We are colleagues. That’s something right?

And how about Yemi Alade and most recently, Ebube Nwagbo?

It’s a working relationship that I have, and I appreciate the fact that people take what I do seriously and they want to know who I am with or who my friends are, but most of these things are work relationships. I love working with all these people because they are amazing talents.

What are your plans for marriage?

I’m a strong believer in God, which implies that I work with God’s instruction, so I can get married tomorrow or next if God says, but right now, I am single and searching.

You are seen mostly in movies produced by Emem Isong and directed by Desmond Elliot, is it some sort of clique?

It’s not exactly like that. I have shot a few movies with other producers including Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen, Tope Osoba, Rukky Sanda and others, so it’s not about a clique but about how well you do a job, which in turn guarantees a call back.

What is your take on actors delving into politics?

You never know. Like I said earlier, I am a strong believer in God and if He tells me its time to get into that position, I will be more than willing to, especially because I have always fancied being in the position to make changes rather than complain. As for [those who say] that they use their popularity as a means to an end, we have to understand that in life , everybody must have a gimmick or an edge and if you use it to better yourself or your community, it doesn’t make it wrong. And what we are talking about here is public office, open to everybody, including journalists. Remember Arnold Schwarzenegger was the Governor of California. Nobody is born a politician.

What do you do apart from being an actor?

I’m a model and a businessman. I have my company set up and we are into importing and exporting

What is your fantasy role?

I would love to be a super hero any day. I like the idea of a cape around my neck and flying around the world saving children and women.

A few actors are beginning to express their desire to appear in international movies, do you think this is a good move, especially when people still think quite a lot needs to be done concerning the quality of local movies?.

The dream is always to expand the brand and understand that while doing so, it’s helping the country and the continent. I watch some Hollywood movies and see them trying to act with African accents and I feel we are in a better position to go there and tell our stories the way we want them to be told, as opposed to what the white people think of us. If I had an opportunity like that I would go Hollywood to help tell the African story better

How were you able to manage the scandalous stories that came up as a result of your friendship with Uti Nwachukwu?

We are all in this business for different reasons, but we all need to grow tough skin because people will surely talk about us. The likes of Genevieve Nnaji, Desmond Elliot and others have gone through the same and didn’t break down. Like 2face and MI said, if nobody talks about you, you are nobody. It’s all just talk and I don’t let them define me. The fact that I have been able to survive the ones that have come my way doesn’t mean there won’t be more, but people can believe what they want to believe

Why do you think the accusation was directed at you both?

First of all, the persons involved are two popular figures. I can’t tell exactly because I don’t know why it was cooked up, but at the end of the day, I can’t change the way people think, all I can do is survive.

Has it affected your brand’s opportunities?

I believe in divine orchestration, when the right time comes, what is good for my brand will come my way

http://ayayamedia..com/2014/08/my-relationship-with-yvonne-nelson-yemi.html

(1) (Reply)

“don’t Misuse Your Body For Human Hair”-susan Peters Tells LADIES / Wizkid – AYO (joy) [album Art + Tracklisting] / Unbelievable: Man Spent $160,000 Almost 30M Naira To Look Like Kim Kardashian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.