Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,029 members, 7,880,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:16 PM

Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? (2025 Views)

Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Couples Attending Different Churches,is It Wise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by Pavore9: 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
cutiesoglam:

I v a feeling u might b rite!cos he takes going der reli personal.
....and in there, lies the clue to the puzzle!
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by egopersonified(f): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
bennyrazz: it is normal to some couples but to me it is not normal. Well the issue of couples attending separate churches is not even a problem now per se, the problem is coming to church with the same car and sitting beside each other during church service. There was a woman that was disturbed about this problem. Her husband will always ask her to go to church that he his coming behind her, after about 30minutes that the woman have left with the kids, the man will now leave. so one Sunday, the woman hid herself somewhere around the entrance gate grin and was waiting for her husband to come. Her husband got to church as usual bubbling. Then he went to sit somewhere in one corner, a very strategic location for viewing the whole fine girls in the church. While his wife went to sit at a very good location to monitor what her husband is doing in church. According to the woman, her husband was looking left and right, left and right during the service and eye-ing all the fine girls in church. During prayers he sat down on his sit instead of standing up with is eyes wide Open still starring at women. You know how women can be now, madam couldn't take it anymore, she stood from her sit and went straight to where her husband was sitting, placed her two hands on his head and turned the head to the front and shouted "Darling, Face your front". Husband was so so embarrassed and shocked. The woman did not stop there, she went ahead to report to the pastor and pastor called husband to confirm what the wife came to tell him. The husband didn't deny and so Pastor had no choice than to make an announcement in the church asking couples to sit together and that if any of the couple refuse be it wife or husband, they can come and report the matter to him and he will handle it. You need to see the way women were rejoicing and applauding the directive giving by the pastor (most of the women I saw were married women though). He further went ahead to say couples must come to church in one car and they must wear the same attire if it is native

kai, i like this kind of pastor. This is the problem am having with this my church, when u walk in with yr husband, even if u like use rope to tie yr hands together, they will just rush the guy to the front row and throw you to one corner. This makes sharing his NLT bible and gossiping non existent.
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
egopersonified:

kai, i like this kind of pastor. This is the problem am having with this my church, when u walk in with yr husband, even if u like use rope to tie yr hands together, they will just rush the guy to the front row and throw you to one corner. This makes sharing his NLT bible and gossiping non existent.
No usher does that in my church. If you like come in alone and they know you are married. A space will be reserved beside you for your spouse. If after sometime the spouse isn't sighted. They will come to ask you before bringing someone else. Or rather if they see you alone, you would be asked if he or she has traveled. Though this work because the church isn't that big and most people know one another.

1 Like

Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by egopersonified(f): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
Icherishu:
No usher does that in my church. If you like come in alone and they know you are married. A space will be reserved beside you for your spouse. If after sometime the spouse isn't sighted. They will come to ask you before bringing someone else. Or rather if they see you alone, you would be asked if he or she has traveled. Though this work because the church isn't that big and most people know one another.

mine is small too, people know one another even to their chidren in children's church, dont just fancy this their arrangement at all.
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
egopersonified:

mine is small too, people know one another even to their chidren in children's church, dont just fancy this their arrangement at all.
That is quite bad, we even get gifts for doing and co. If you know what I mean, you and huuby wearing the same thing. Anyone can sit from the second row backwards. So that separation shouldn't be there unless it isn't a family church.
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Try and trust him o.
How will you guys survive without trust?

Just get this church ish sorted out,if there's nothing bad going on there,relax and work on the trust issues. Don't distrust him unless he gives you reason to.

cutiesoglam: @ aisha. U r rite. I read abt d article too. V actually talked to him abt it b4. M even surprised wit his answer. Buh d tin until sunday comes,dt wen m gona believe him.cos he is very unpredictable .as u said we married dem n definitely knw der behaviour.. smiley. I love him thou n I knw he loves me, buh I dnt trust him 100per. Abt mayb he is seeing som oda gal .buh m glad I talked it out!
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by beeevan: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: Try and trust him o.
How will you guys survive without trust?

Just get this church ish sorted out,if there's nothing bad going on there,relax and work on the trust issues. Don't distrust him unless he gives you reason to.

For a woman not to trust her husband fully, there must have been a reason not to,breached trust maybe. Even women that knows something is amiss prefer to hide behind" i trust him", until he blatantly rubs it on their faces.
Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by cococandy(f): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
That's why I said unless he gives her reason not to trust him
beeevan:

For a woman not to trust her husband fully, there must have been a reason not to,breached trust maybe. Even women that knows something is amiss prefer to hide behind" i trust him", until he blatantly rubs it on their faces.

1 Like

Re: Couple Attending Separate Churches! Is It Normal? by Kanwulia: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
I grew up in such dichotomy.
The MAIN reason I got rid of all religions.
Bloody nuisances! kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Crazy But True Life Twin Stories That Will Shock You / HELP. Does Anyone Know When To Feed Babies Or Change Diapers? I'm In A Quagmire / Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.