Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (105072 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 28, 2014
Please, 1. Are there contraband items that we are not allowed to import? 2. Are there products that because of their substandard quality or unmarketabilty you would advise us not to order? Like electronics and mobiles, etc.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by teniyi(m): 5:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Ymodulus:

Do not forget me.

Ooo kiss

Ymodulus can you please assit me on these questions?
What i wanted to import are items like office tools, like pin, eraser, ruler, sharner etc, if I give it to a courier agent through shipping port, will i be free from documentations such as SONCAP, CCVO etc?

If I buy item from China , what about the option of paying with a Dollar domiciliary account to supplier?

waitng for your kind advice.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by chimexcomm(m): 5:32am On Aug 28, 2014
On point
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 5:52am On Aug 28, 2014
chimexcomm: On point
oga chimex, na ur guy JohnMary dey quote u. I have a biz we will deal at UNEC soon.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Raypawer(m): 5:53am On Aug 28, 2014
ucman1: Nice one OP.....

Good day all

For your no 1 efficient and reliable logistic company, think no further than
KBMLOGISTIC SERVICES.
We offer pickup and delivery of goods, document and address Verification
Within lagos and abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/1792141/kobomart-logistics-customer-care-service

Kbmlogistic is your no 1 choice!
oh dready Kobomart Logistics, why do you always pause Ur service some days?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by alldruns1: 6:28am On Aug 28, 2014
wolexy2020:
They all use Iphone and samsung or local products like opple,lenovo and MI. grin ...mostly iphone and samsung though..
Them sabi better thing undecided
Bros, pls are those samsung galaxy, iphone, apple, lenovo, etc for real esp. considering d quoted cheap prices?

How about their advertised TV sets like Samsung, LG, etc? Are they same or they hv their own species?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by klens(m): 6:59am On Aug 28, 2014
I was here, you are doing great.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by viczing(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2014
chiefkpokp: Lolz, How can judy authenticate curren factory manufacturer? So judy no underground naim I dey go dey buy alaroro wrist watch, anyway abeg make she help me check if dis one na authentic 24karat filled Gold. quote author=Ymodulus]
You are madt. Lol contact me. I owe u a gift.

I will give you the contact of the original manufacturer of Curren Wrist Watch. U don't believe me? Just contact me. His prize is the cheapest on Alibaba and his authenticity have been confirmed by JUDY of NONNIKINGS.

Please for me to be sure you are the one. Send me a Mail through the Nairaland Email feature.

Please I need this gold wrist watch for women you posted here how can I get it?
Below is an attached Curren with Glass Box
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by viczing(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Please how do I get this gold watch posted here

shinaf: VERIFICATION AND PAYMENT

1. VERIFICATION

There are several ways to verify a supplier or manufacturer.
1. Ensure he his a Gold Supplier or He his an accessed Supplier
2. By using a Chinese Friend or another Chinese seller to verify the info of the manufacturer you want tovdo business with.

3. If the Manufacturer or supplier have a website. Please go to the bottom of the website and you will see a RED LOGO or RED SYMBOL.
This symbol can only be attached to the website of a Chinese company when that company have been registered with the respective local Chinese agency. Note not all companies website have this logo and they are registered. Example. Fola89 check that Current Manufacturer detail Ymodulus gave you earlier you will notice no RED LOGO.
4. Ask the seller for a copy of its company registration. A clean seller should give you this without complains. In fact some Manufacturers on Alibaba put this openly as an incentive while you should do business with them.

How to Differentiate the MANUFACTURERS from the WHOLESALERS on ALIBABA.

Not everybody you see on ALIBABA are MANUFACTURERS or WHOLESALERs, some are even DROPSHIPPERS (people who carry out procurement service help online). Now to distinguish between the two, have the following rules in mind

1. MANUFACTURERS are quick to display their company pictures on their alibaba page. They display pictures of the factories in and out etc
2. MANUFACTURERs price are extremely low better than the wholesalers and most time are willing to give you samples and small pieces. (explanation for another day)
3. Carry out your own Verification. Google is King. Ymodulus got many manufacturers details today because he his obsessed with online googling and research lol! What do you expect from a Geek?!

NOte not all Manufacturers exist on ALIBABA.COM, here you have to get them through their official website and contact them.

PAYMENT PROCEDURES

On Alibaba there are 3 ways to pay

1. ESCROW
2. Money Transfer through 3rd Party shipping agents. (See Ymodulus thread call : "Newly found shipping company" for more)
3. PayPal
4. Through 3rd Party Online sellers (Not for inexperienced Importers)

Ymodulus over to you.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Soteriahascome: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Cooling...
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by siraj1402(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2014
Ymodulus: Wthout doubt we all know how to purchase from aliexpress but purchasing from sites like alibaba.com , taobao and 1688 can prove to be a tedious / difficult task.

I am on siester break for some days. so i will be giving detailed explanations.

Without doubt there are some experts on certain aspects of this. So at one point in time i will like them to make reasonable contributuions. However let me start by saying a big thanks to them.

1. MayorAll
2. Shinaf
3. MasterCee
4. YoungZeed
5. Davi8d
Hello guru in the house.Please,has anyone buy anything from www.reusetek.com ?Especially laptops.If yes how were you able to do that because anytime I make attempt to pay,I will be told I have no quote for the items I have chosen.How do I make a full order or is it not applicable to we Nigerians?Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by tunezvic(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2014
pls i want to know more abut importation of customized hand band.contact me:tunezvic@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by lgboks(m): 8:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Wow so this thread is now fully packed.....nice........please has any one bought polo and other tops from aliexpress or Alibaba? Because the price I dey see get as he be o.....advice needed.....or where can I get them cheap.......
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Pimiento(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Please can I use my access bank visa card or diamond Bank visa card for payment
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by smallvilletolu(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Pimiento: Please can I use my access bank visa card or diamond Bank visa card for payment
ya for sure most especially access bank visa card. To wat i heard their charging rate are cheaper
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dayosaurus(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Please what about BlackBerry users?? z10 n q10 to be precise
Ymodulus: Ok. Let me start.

What is Alibaba.com and why should I use it?

Alibaba.com is an online shopping site but this time only Wholesalers and manufacturers are present.

On alibaba you get items at extremely cheaper, reason been you are getting the item from an wholesaler or manufacturer. Also on alibaba.com you can create customised item. you can meet manufacturers to customise anything you want. From Car spare parts to HandBand to Telephone to Biro's to Packaging to Wedding Gowns to shoes to Watches.
Am tired of listing please visit site to have a view / feel.

NEEDED TOOLS

NOW for this tutorial am a going to assume you Have the following.

ANDRIOD PHONE USERS
please have the following..

1. Google Chrome Browser or UCweb
2. TradeManager (on play store its called Alisuppliers )
3. Have an active Email Box ( Google Mail aka Gmail is the most preferred. )

IPHONE USERS
please have the following

1. Safari Browser
2. Trade Manager. (On apple store its called Alisuppliers)
3. Have an active Mail Box

Laptop Users
Please have the following.

1. Google Chrome or Mozilla firefox.
2. TradeManager installed on your system
3. Mail Box

Other tools needed are as follows.

1. Skype (Extremely useful. these days Chinese sellers love Skype like their life. Beside its very useful in making a break through during negotiations. I will explain later. Let me not deviate)
2. WeChat.
3. WhatsApp. (Not really useful. But some sellers are on whatsapp)
4. QQ Messenger (Download the International Version
Only available for Android or Laptop Version)
5. Email Client. (Like on Android Gmail App)

That's All on Tools. I will entertain Just few questions only.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by DJATM: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Get Free MB From Airtel Now WORKING 100%

Airtel Mb Cheats.....
airtel free mb here (workin on some sim not all airtel sim) @ www.mastersloaded.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by sharks776(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Thank you so much for the information and more grease and grace to your elbow.
However, i am purchasing some fiberglass small boat from a Chinese company i mate through Alibaba named Zhengzhou action trading Co,. Ltd http://zzaction.en.alibaba.com/ as a first timer, can i pay via western union ( they request 30% payment to start production and 70% when they are through but must be paid before shipping). they also said that they have their own shipping agent that they usually use and he will bring it up to Apapa port, Lagos.

1. MayorAll
2. Shinaf
3. MasterCee
4. YoungZeed
5. Davi8d
6 Ymodulus
PLEASE WHAT DO U THINK?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by jezsie: 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
umm..........
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Negro1: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
alldruns1:
Oga, hope u too wil be willing 2 share as much as u know on eBay, etc someday. lol
My Oga sure thing, I'll be glad to assist you if you have any questions.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by debbydee(f): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oga i am intrested in this. kindly send me a mail i am new to importation business.
you can send me a mail to adedoyinblessing@yahoo.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by emeraldshore(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ymodulus:
Clothes Label

Its called Cloth tags. Yes you can get this on alibaba. i did this for a local tailor man some months back.
There are two types of tags. we have paper tags and cloth tags. The paper tags are those ones we use razor or scissors to cut off from the cloth. why the cloth tags are those ones we attached to the collar.

My Advice.

To make things easy for you, have a dimension and logo or diagram you have in mind to be on whatever tag. For your cloth tag(the one on the collar) try make it cotton 65% and 35% polyester.
Note: 100% cotton tags are expensive and not worth it. its just a tag.

PRICE RANGE.
Note!!! this price range was as at April 2014.

CLOTH TAG
Quantity : 500pcs
Size: 25mm X 5mm
Logo : success
Material: Cloth 100%
Price: N17 / pcs (this price includes transport to Northern Nigeria Niger state to be precise)

PAPER TAG
Quantity : 500pcs
Size: 30mm X 20mm
Logo : success
Material: Paper cardboard
Price: N30 / pcs (this price includes transport to Northern Nigeria Niger state to be precise).

Note:
The following determines cost of tag.
1. Colors
2. Logos
3. Materials

I would have honestly hand over to you the contact but i cant find it in my mail again.

Please if you want to go far in your fashion house. Try get the chinese to design your materials use to sew the clothes. or get them to sew it for you..

Agbani Darego (First and only Nigerian to win the Miss world) does not sew her fashion house clothes here. The guy that handles her project is a nairalander, clothes are sewed in china. Logo are designed also in mass production in china. I am extra sure of what i am saying. Hes a popular nairalander on the politics section. i will ask him if i can give you his contact.

Most interesting thing is that he his a tailor.

In conclusion.
Just get nice diagram and designs and send over to any manufacturer in china to design for you. or ask them for nice materials and you sew it yourself in Nigeria. whatever way. but stay away from Nigerian materials. if you want to be above your mates. Who knows, i might be wearing your clothes one day.

[size=15pt]i just got a COLDPLAY DESIGNERs Tshirt for 100,000 naira[/size]

grin grin grin grin.

pls can i have ur contcats @Ymodulus?
or send me an email on emerald.shore@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by redcliff: 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Its good naija boys have picked up in importation. I just hope the chinese manufacturers keep improving the quality of their items to be durable. I remember in 2010 or 2011 not so sure when i bought about 40 pcs of blackberry bold2 and torch phones from a manufacturer in china and i was so new to the business and i just did it through the eyes of a normal internet shopper. The prices were really cheap and i was already calculating my profit because it was just so exciting.. even if i sold below market price, i was still making alot of money from just one phone which i used as my uniwue selling point.

I was so lucky that the company already knew what it took to do business abroad. They think like nigerians. One of their representative just asked me how much i wanted to be in the commerCial invoice and i was just looking like an obote. He clearly explained to me that it is good to reduce the actual value of the goods so that i either pay cheaper custom duties or i dont pay at all because the value of my goods would not cross that margin where i would be charged for one..the guy just made the phones $20 each. grin phones that were probably worth almost $200 as at the time.

Fast forward when my item got to dhl here, it was siezed by SSS thinking it was a fraudulently owned consignment.. they sent me a letter which i honoured. The man that attended to me has already started threatening me, i was just calm i did not say anything, i just smiled all the time. He told me to bring documentational proof that the items belonged to me. With all gladness i brought everything the nextday and i brought something extra for them (my mother and student id card). They delayed me for the whole day and when my item was finally released they asked me to give them one to use. Omo see denying o. "Its not my own o, i bought it for somebody". We dragged that one for another one hour. I refused to give them anything because their initial plan was for me to fuckup so they can sieze my items and share it amongst themselves. Besides. How can i give them one phone when they are not my father.

In the end, i got the phones without paying a dime for custom duties and i made atleast 15k from each of the phones. Blessed year i must say grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by qtx(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
You are doing a great job my bro . keep it up tnx
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dayosaurus(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Chai!!!! Bros can I be your mentee , please take me through the A-Z of importation.. please let's talk, my mail is dayosaurus@gmail.com

redcliff: Its good naija boys have picked up in importation. I just hope the chinese manufacturers keep improving the quality of their items to be durable. I remember in 2010 or 2011 not so sure when i bought about 40 pcs of blackberry bold2 and torch phones from a manufacturer in china and i was so new to the business and i just did it through the eyes of a normal internet shopper. The prices were really cheap and i was already calculating my profit because it was just so exciting.. even if i sold below market price, i was still making alot of money from just one phone which i used as my uniwue selling point.

I was so lucky that the company already knew what it took to do business abroad. They think like nigerians. One of their representative just asked me how much i wanted to be in the commerCial invoice and i was just looking like an obote. He clearly explained to me that it is good to reduce the actual value of the goods so that i either pay cheaper custom duties or i dont pay at all because the value of my goods would not cross that margin where i would be charged for one..the guy just made the phones $20 each. grin phones that were probably worth almost $200 as at the time.

Fast forward when my item got to dhl here, it was siezed by SSS thinking it was a fraudulently owned consignment.. they sent me a letter which i honoured. The man that attended to me has already started threatening me, i was just calm i did not say anything, i just smiled all the time. He told me to bring documentational proof that the items belonged to me. With all gladness i brought everything the nextday and i brought something extra for them (my mother and student id card). They delayed me for the whole day and when my item was finally released they asked me to give them one to use. Omo see denying o. "Its not my own o, i bought it for somebody". We dragged that one for another one hour. I refused to give them anything because their initial plan was for me to fuckup so they can sieze my items and share it amongst themselves. Besides. How can i give them one phone when they are not my father.

In the end, i got the phones without paying a dime for custom duties and i made atleast 15k from each of the phones. Blessed year i must say grin
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by redcliff: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
dayosaurus: Chai!!!! Bros can I be your mentee , please take me through the A-Z of importation.. please let's talk, my mail is dayosaurus@gmail.com

Sorry i dont mentor..im not one.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by KlensGlobal: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Pimiento(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
smallvilletolu: ya for sure most especially access bank visa card. To wat i heard their charging rate are cheaper
smallvilletolu: ya for sure most especially access bank visa card. To wat i heard their charging rate are cheaper

Tnx a lot.
Please wht is d zip code of Nigeria?, I tried to use Google but am seeing different numbers
And can I use China post air mail as my carrier?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ymodulus:

Yes for sure. I buy few items . I bought just 1peice of Lenovo Vibe Mini yesterday.

Forget all those no you see there. These is where negotiations comes in. I will not like to go in there
Kindly, tell us how you go about it if you truly want to enlighten people about this. Really, not satisfied with this half baked information.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mikron(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nice thread. I bought a sweet very flat laptop and htc butterfly phone frm alibaba not too long ago. Fast delivery to my doorstep here in abuja Nigeria. Just that the seller told me that dhl might not be the best choice to airlift the laptop to me, though i already paid for the transport, he decided to use aramex to ship the laptop to the US then to Nigeria. Reasons best known to him. But the phone was delivered by dhl. Sweet phone. I sold the laptop 8 days later for N98k. I made about N20k profit. I payed with my GTbank naira mastercard. Preparing to ship 2- 65gig computer flashdrives, 2 phones(one plus one and htc one), 1 studio headphone, 2 authentic football jerseys, a 3terabyte computer external hard-disk (about 30k) and maybe a watch for my private use. grin na so e be o
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by yomade007(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good day,
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by smallvilletolu(m): 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pimiento:
Tnx a lot.
Please wht is d zip code of Nigeria?, I tried to use Google but am seeing different numbers
And can I use China post air mail as my carrier?
china post air mail ya put it takes weeks. Abt zip code u ve to go back to Google and search for ur state poster code

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

What Profitable Business Can I Invest N50,000 In Current Nigeria / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes / Curvy Broom Seller Advertises In Style, Causes Stir At The Market (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.