Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread (11280 Views)

Nairaland Rap Battle Section Awards Nomination List 2015 / Darkrebel's Ban From The Rap Battle Section On Nairaland. / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tiyazman: Is Rukus on Nairaland?? shocked

I doubt he is
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by demsid(m): 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo: THE DEBUT RBS AUDIO CYPHER
The audio cypher initiative has been one that has been welcomed by the many on this section. It is going to be an high quality cypher track with the microphone beasts on here. This is a thread to decide the specifics of the cypher.

Note: This cypher is intended only for MEMBERS on the section

We are working towards a Time target of Six weeks from now to get the cypher completed.

TIMETABLE
Planning - Selection of Instrumental, Genre, and choice of the Cypher Theme/Topic (till 9pm on 12th August, 2014)
All decisions by the section will be stated on this thread on 13th August, 2014

Please, we want this done in six weeks. We can do this.

TAGS

Ibime
ojoawo
giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
Blaqbones
Krizzkutz
ELYMAXiimus
iamaromolaeran
---------------------: The above have agreed to be on the cypher
You can still get yourself in if you interested. All members are invited to this thread

emaprince
mikuz
Ema Prince
theprekky
Thunderstorm
Loonat11k
jigsawkillah
rayopt
airmark
PaulThor
demsid
fuckyouhard
LooNat11kk
elvisonjack2
elymaxiimus
guykhena
Teddybiyasi
Siddogg
lalaboiy
DJ5naira
cooger
iceskidd
ckushy
warriblood
elvisonjack
sosiqdude
youngdanaval
. wow . this is gonna b great. I wish I could b on this ,I wish I could participate more in this section but m damn too busy. I need to finish up my final year project in mech engrg this month of Aug, final year dinner and awards nite coming up in my sch, lectures still on n final exam on d way. I must graduate this year by September ending i will b tru with my B. Eng degree . Amen. I love rap , I love this section of nairaland . d.ope heads here n thr .Y'all keeping it hot. I sight u.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo:

okay... but can you suggest a dinstinct name?

2014 nairaland cypher
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
ojoawo:

It aint a battle we talking about. BET Cypher ish
so, like everyone gon be on the Same track?? or we do the cyphers with our crew then submit.... ion understand
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
bonnyt: so, like everyone gon be on the Same track?? or we do the cyphers with our crew then submit.... ion understand

We are one crew. so one track.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2014
ojoawo:

We are one crew. so one track.
if all these people named earlier were gonna be doing a verse each, which atleast will be a minute or more, so we are talking about like some 20 minutes or more shii... that'll be weird for a cypher imagine the population, then the length, then the file size (na naija we dey) .....in my opinion i think should like categorize ourselves in groups, we do our cyphers and upload then we let people vote for the best..... (group with not more than like 5 people ) it ll be more fun...... just saying
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2014
bonnyt: if all these people named earlier were gonna be doing a verse each, which atleast will be a minute or more, so we are talking about like some 20 minutes or more shii... that'll be weird for a cypher imagine the population, then the length, then the file size (na naija we dey) .....in my opinion i think should like categorize ourselves in groups, we do our cyphers and upload then we let people vote for the best..... (group with not more than like 5 people ) it ll be more fun...... just saying
this is a flex cipher, not a competition!
There aint gonna be no voting!
I don't know why you wanna take what should be fun too serious!
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by bonnyt(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
this is a flex cipher, not a competition!
There aint gonna be no voting!
I don't know why you wanna take what should be fun too serious!
ok ok!
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
ojoawo:

okay... but can you suggest a dinstinct name?

2014 NAIRALAND CYPHER --- we could be doing it every year......and then people vote on the best cypher for that year --
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Nihilist: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Abeg can you guys use the beat to Jay-Z's 'U don't Know'?

I listened to Ibime's Maestro 2 nights ago, and his flow on that track was reminiscent of old school New York.

IMO that is one of Jigga's best ever instrumentals, and I would love to hear Ibime flow on it...
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by GIYAZZ(m): 12:35am On Aug 07, 2014
Cool. . .

Ibime
Airmark
Mikuz
Kr0ne
Loonat11kk
Coogar
Teddybiyasi
ThePrekky
Glacierz
Warriblood
Fuckyouhard
Lagunna
Sosiqdude
Iceskidd e.t.c

Y'all ain't seen this thread yet? C'mon! Say something! We need Ideas!!
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2014
Nihilist: Abeg can you guys use the beat to Jay-Z's 'U don't Know'?

I listened to Ibime's Maestro 2 nights ago, and his flow on that track was reminiscent of old school New York.

IMO that is one of Jigga's best ever instrumentals, and I would love to hear Ibime flow on it...

aii thanks for the suggestion #Bless
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2014
iamaromolaeran:

2014 NAIRALAND CYPHER --- we could be doing it every year......and then people vote on the best cypher for that year --

NAIRALAND RBS CYPHER
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2014
bonnyt: so, like everyone gon be on the Same track?? or we do the cyphers with our crew then submit.... ion understand

yep everyone on the same cypher...
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by AbuMikey(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2014
Woah
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by GIYAZZ(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
AbuMikey: Woah
Wetin angry

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by sosiqdude(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
ojoawo: THE DEBUT RBS AUDIO CYPHER
The audio cypher initiative has been one that has been welcomed by the many on this section. It is going to be an high quality cypher track with the microphone beasts on here. This is a thread to decide the specifics of the cypher.

Note: This cypher is intended only for MEMBERS on the section

We are working towards a Time target of Six weeks from now to get the cypher completed.

TIMETABLE
Planning - Selection of Instrumental, Genre, and choice of the Cypher Theme/Topic (till 9pm on 12th August, 2014)
All decisions by the section will be stated on this thread on 13th August, 2014

Please, we want this done in six weeks. We can do this.

TAGS

Ibime
ojoawo
giyazz
Limerick
Gottoboy
Blaqbones
Krizzkutz
ELYMAXiimus
iamaromolaeran
---------------------: The above have agreed to be on the cypher
You can still get yourself in if you interested. All members are invited to this thread

emaprince
mikuz
Ema Prince
theprekky
Thunderstorm
Loonat11k
jigsawkillah
rayopt
airmark
PaulThor
demsid
fuckyouhard
LooNat11kk
elvisonjack2
elymaxiimus
guykhena
Teddybiyasi
Siddogg
lalaboiy
DJ5naira
cooger
iceskidd
ckushy
warriblood
elvisonjack
sosiqdude
youngdanaval

Sosiqdude is in...I'm in here...
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by airmark(m): 2:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Full support, ojoawo I don't mind doing indigenous stuff on it, if possible. leggo
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2014
We now have 12 people who have all indicated interest, No more sign up please.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2014
airmark: Full support, ojoawo I don't mind doing indigenous stuff on it, if possible. leggo

thanks.
sure, its possible... added you to the roster
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 7:03am On Aug 08, 2014
sosiqdude:

Sosiqdude is in...I'm in here...

aiii
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Limerick: 7:56am On Aug 08, 2014
ojoawo:

#MuchRESPECT

I considered the difference to be expected in sound quality and am presently in tals with two experienced mixing engineers to help out make a quality mix with minimal sound difference.
Shiit is gon be like

i record my part, i dnt mix, i dnt master, i just send the raw data to u right?
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Limerick: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2014
iamaromolaeran:

2014 nairaland cypher
I second this
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Limerick: 8:05am On Aug 08, 2014
ojoawo:

yep everyone on the same cypher...
How many people on the cipher?

Remember: aside getting boring, a track with 2much length these days discourages download.

I remembered posting a download link to one of my friend's track on fb a time ago. Then one guy commented on the posting saying;

"5mb? Bro, forget it"

see? That is just 5mb o and the guy's already lost interest. So we need decide on how we gon organise this shiit.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by Limerick: 8:08am On Aug 08, 2014
airmark: Full support, ojoawo I don't mind doing indigenous stuff on it, if possible. leggo
abuchi, you mean u gonna go olamide on the track? cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by GIYAZZ(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Limerick:
How many people on the cipher?

Remember: aside getting boring, a track with 2much length these days discourages download.

I remembered posting a download link to one of my friend's track on fb a time ago. Then one guy commented on the posting saying;

"5mb? Bro, forget it"

see? That is just 5mb o and the guy's already lost interest. So we need decide on how we gon organise this shiit.
True talk bro. We need to do something about the length.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2014
GIYAZZ: True talk bro. We need to do something about the length.

truth is, some will def back out.... so the number is just a safe bet.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by GIYAZZ(m): 9:37am On Aug 08, 2014
ojoawo:

truth is, some will def back out.... so the number is just a safe bet.
Are you certain? Cos I'm not sure you'd want a situation where you have to drop some people, hence, deriving them the opportunity to be part of this great project.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Limerick:
Shiit is gon be like

i record my part, i dnt mix, i dnt master, i just send the raw data to u right?

you edit your vocals how you want, add anything you want....., then send me that vocals cos i wouldnt know how you want to sound and so i wont be tampering with anyone's verse at all. I wilk only handle the mastering of everything to sound alike and on the same level.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by ojoawo(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2014
GIYAZZ: Are you certain? Cos I'm not sure you'd want a situation where you have to drop some people, hence, deriving them the opportunity to be part of this great project.

I'll rather drop myself than drop anyone. #Promise
just watch.
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by GIYAZZ(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2014
ojoawo:

I'll rather drop myself than drop anyone. #Promise
just watch.
Hmmm. . .
Re: The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread by airmark(m): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Limerick:
abuchi, you mean u gonna go olamide on the track? cheesy

since i'm abuchi, its gonna be phyno. grin

ojoawo concerning the beat, we should get a catchy beat not dulling one. smiley i believe you can find suitable one, itz ya field bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rap Battle / * * ~ Match Of Wits III - Ema Prince Vs Ibime ~ * * / WHO IS THE FIRST HIP HOP RAPPER IN NIGERIA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.