Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,137 members, 7,970,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:15 AM

Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? (682 Views)

Pastorkun Should Be Banned From This Forum / TB Joshua Officially Banned From Cameroun / Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
With the spate of bombings in Nigeria by 'hijab wearing girls', should the federal government ban the wearing of hijab in Nigeria? I'm presently serving in the north and truth is, recently, I've been trying to avoid girls wearing hijab (even though it's almost impossible). So in my own opinion, hijab should be banned albeit temporarily till this insurgency issue is permanently resolved. Just my thoughts though, let's here yours.
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
I'm with u on this one
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nogen: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Immediately! We shouldn't be negotiating this one.
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by drfk001(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
European nations like France has placed a ban on it already...it would be tough in Nigeria but I won't mind if it happens although head cover can be permitted sha
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2014
The annoying part of it is that most of them are even worse than girls in other parts of the country in terms of morals...
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by mindurbiznes: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
not only hijab, big skirts too.

Abeg jor, na by hijab.

just passing through
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
promsman12: With the spate of bombings in Nigeria by 'hijab wearing girls', should the federal government ban the wearing of hijab in Nigeria? I'm presently serving in the north and truth is, recently, I've been trying to avoid girls wearing hijab (even though it's almost impossible). So in my own opinion, hijab should be banned albeit temporarily till this insurgency issue is permanently resolved. Just my thoughts though, let's here yours.

Hmmm...on first thought it seem like a very plausible approach to the spate of bombings in Nigeria but if we take a cursory look at the situation and analyse it properly and without bias then we would realize that banning the hijab will do nothing to curb the menace called Bokoharam.

Given that Bokoharam have killed more people using car bombs, would it then be appropriately to ban every vehicle up North because of this? I am sure your answer would be a resounding NO! Banning the hijab will not stop Bokoharam from detonating more explosives.
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmm...on first thought it seem like a very plausible approach to the spate of bombings in Nigeria but if we take a cursory look at the situation and analyse it properly and without bias then we would realize that banning the hijab will do nothing to curb the menace called Bokoharam.

Given that Bokoharam have killed more people using car bombs, would it then be appropriately to ban every vehicle up North because of this? I am sure your answer would be a resounding NO! Banning the hijab will not stop Bokoharam from detonating more explosives.

There have been several cases where bombs are hidden beneath the 'hijabs'/'abayas' which has resulted in deaths of many persons and same have been perpetrated with cars too. Cars cannot be banned entirely, hence they are restricted to certain places and they are thoroughly searched. You don't expect security operatives to start telling women to raise their 'hijabs' before permitting entry. It would be better to just restrict wearing it so as to prevent/avoid the embarrassment altogether...
Re: Boko Haram Bombings - Should Hijab Be Banned? by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
promsman12:

There have been several cases where bombs are hidden beneath the 'hijabs'/'abayas' which has resulted in deaths of many persons and same have been perpetrated with cars too. Cars cannot be banned entirely, hence they are restricted to certain places and they are thoroughly searched. You don't expect security operatives to start telling women to raise their 'hijabs' before permitting entry. It would be better to just restrict wearing it so as to prevent/avoid the embarrassment altogether...

With or without the hijab, Bokoharam can still function effectively. Banning it is no solution to the problem.

(1) (Reply)

From Where The Vultures Are Gathered / Why You Need A Website... / USA Kills Khorosan Terrorist Leader Al-Fadhli -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.