Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,008 members, 7,949,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

NMA Strike Suspended? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Strike Suspended? (22558 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee / JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by eyeview: 6:21am On Aug 07, 2014
mployer:
So who is supposed to find the cure?
The masses abi?

In other civilized parts of the world,the Laboratory scientists are the ones that ought to culture this virus and then forward their observations to the pharmacists who will dig deep to develop a vaccine for it. Doctors are just to administer it.
So they shouldn't call out the doctors if this other two haven't done their parts yet. Crises have emerged and they are calling on the doctors,but pay wise,they want the doctors salary!

9 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by yomi007k(m): 6:27am On Aug 07, 2014
eyeview:

In other civilized parts of the world,the Laboratory scientists are the ones that ought to culture this virus and then forward their observations to the pharmacists who will dig deep to develop a vaccine for it. Doctors are just to administer it.
So they shouldn't call out the doctors if this other two haven't done their parts yet. Crises have emerged and they are calling on the doctors,but pay wise,they want the doctors salary!

Dos lab scientists n pharmacists aint proud of their jobs n obviously don't know it. They only know how to complain/lament/cry to become wat dey r not.

5 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by heykims(m): 6:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Don't be surprised when u get to d hospital nd see this doctors consulting this way..

2 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by spikesC(m): 6:30am On Aug 07, 2014
lokoloko84: yeaa! since you are superior and you own the patients, why don't you kiss your lazy ass, do research, develop and design drugs. Or you think drug development is for Sub par mind like you.

You see, there's a very big difference between me and you.
I am educated. i know and acknowledge the hierarchical structure in the employment system, inclusive and not limited to the health sector.
And I know and acknowledge the existing division of labour which stems from the tertiary educational system.

But you, my friend, is an opposite of me.
Not just that you're an illiterate, you're also ignorant and unwilling to learn.
You've concluded from my educative post that i am a doctor and am objecting that am superior in all medical branches, notwithstanding my acceptance of division and specialization in field of studies.
Also, you've resorted to blatant unnecessary insults instead of countering my objective statement.

18 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by DrAbbey1(m): 6:35am On Aug 07, 2014
eyeview:

So they shouldn't call out the doctors if this other two haven't done their parts yet. Crises have emerged and they are calling on the doctors,but pay wise,the
y want the doctors salary!
I honestly don't get you. Who orders for a laboratory investigation in 'civilized parts of the world'. So a pharmacist can now order for viral culture ? So Pharmacists are now to report and interprete laboratory findings. You are not well informed. By the way, that 'doctors are just to administer it' shows that you don't have any idea of how a 'civilized' health sector operates.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by eyeview: 6:35am On Aug 07, 2014
spikesC:

I am educated. i know and acknowledge the hierarchical structure in the employment system, inclusive and not limited to the health sector.
And I know and acknowledge the existing division of labour which stems from the tertiary educational system.

Not just that you're an illiterate, you're also ignorant and unwilling to learn.
You've concluded from my educative post that i am a doctor and am objecting that am superior in all medical branches, notwithstanding my acceptance of division and specialization in field of studies.
Also, you've resorted to blatant unnecessary insults instead of countering my objective statement.

Bros, you have clearly demonstrated a higher intellectual superiority. Your arguements were sound and objective while the kid was more interested in insults and assumptions. Don't respond any more.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by thaqib(m): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Strike continues. NMA chairman apologized for unconstitutional action. Negotiation team strngthened by 5 more people..

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by yomi007k(m): 6:40am On Aug 07, 2014
thaqib: Strike continues. NMA chairman apologized for unconstitutional action. Negotiation team strngthened by 5 more people..
#Lobatan shocked
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Boerhavia: 6:43am On Aug 07, 2014
adebayor1490: Good to hear. Though they can't combat Ebola yet. Hope they won't admit an Ebola patient for malaria or fever patient... make yawa no gas!
they r waitin for pharmacists to come out with solutions,after whc they can tell them they know nothing abt the dsz they made drugs for.
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by spikesC(m): 6:46am On Aug 07, 2014
eyeview:

What pharmacists do in Nigeria is drug dispensing and i see no difference with that and sales boys.
A doctor consults and gives you a prescription, you go to a pharmacist and he sells the drugs to you.

Lab. Scientists on the other hand do much better part of their job. But then, they ONLY run tests.
Malaria and typhoid everywhere.

But when people talk, they will say you're belittling the other health sectors. Meanwhile it is all in our eyes.
Nigerians need to do away with sentiments and accord blames to who deserves it.

They want medical practitioners to research for drugs on their pocket?
A pocket that is not even filled with deserved payments?
Go around Nigeria as a whole, most hospitals have not paid house officers for close to a year now.

How many institutes, government organisations and drug companies can sponsor research programs? Not to talk of for 3,5 to 10 years.

You want Ebola cure but you can't keep medical practitioners in good shape?
Nor update the educational sector to standard?
Nor update the hospital facilities?

The Ebola go kill of us naa

13 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by lakamua: 6:48am On Aug 07, 2014
if nma suspends dis strike den nigeria is finished. impeach dat foolish leader or send him to ebola centre. idiot

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by lokoloko84(m): 6:50am On Aug 07, 2014
spikesC:

You are dumb. if you were educated as you claimed to be, then you are a disgrace. you can not tell me about my job and it's specification. Very soon I will work in a pharmaceutical company in a country where things works, so I have a great knowledge about drug production and and research. Save me your fake accent, a typical Nigerian very lousy and devoid of critical thinking.

6 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by splasher: 6:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Medical doctors are nobodies, let's forget about them. They are only medical technicians with their MBBS, and professional terrorists. Let's retrain our nurses, virologist, lab scientist, traumatologist, and other health sector personnel. That's how we can move forward
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Boerhavia: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2014
yomi007k: We don't need doctors, we need consultant nurses,pharmacists n lab scientists 2 tackle d ebola situation. lipsrsealed
yeah,while u think u r funy,u r right. Its the pharmacists wt the help of lab scientists that find cure.Doctors are important,so are other members in the sector.
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by hayorbaami: 7:03am On Aug 07, 2014
eyeview:

Lol, so pharmacist and lab scientists now have defined roles in the hospital? I thought doctors claimed they could do all of this and they are dispensable. I thought their roles were to dispense drugs and the others ordinary technicians whose jobs can be done by doctors. Doctors want high pay for health hazards for themselves alone, as if the other health professionals don't come in contact with the patients. Everyone's becoming more hypocritical and selfish by the day. The Pharmacists and lab scientists fighting for consultant roles and positions too, instead of fighting for more money to be put into the health sector so they can get standard laboratories and equipments for more research and bring more dignity and appreciation for their profession. The health system is a joke. I wonder how it is expected to improve without team work.

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by DrMamuzo(m): 7:15am On Aug 07, 2014
Strike has not been called off.
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Kimmo(f): 7:45am On Aug 07, 2014
I hope this strike isn't called off anytime soon. At least until this thing is contained and properly dealt with.

People have turned this into a JOHESU/NMA debate, and the real issue should be the fact that we have NO emergency services in this country.

Imagine if the public hospitals hadn't been on strike and that evil Sawyer guy had been taken to even a primary health care centre, not to mention a place like LUTH or LASUTH, we would be in full blown panic mode now.

For me, the doctors are absolutely right to keep up the strike action.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Chykechin(f): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2014
It's now official, the strike continues indefinitely. The government is yet to see the need to equip doctors and other health workers to fight Ebola as demanded. JOHESU will be joining the strike in 2 weeks
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by julybaba(m): 7:58am On Aug 07, 2014
WRONG INFORMATION http://askpentagon.com/den/site/index.php?page=news&type=view&id=academic%2Fwrong-information-about&redirected=1"
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by pazienza(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2014
mployer:

Who gives a f*"k about your minority and majority nonsense. I am saying the doctors are a bunch of idiots in the majority for wanting to remain on strike.
What he did is probably his way of trying to stay clean from the evil. No sensible human being will want to remain the head of an organisation that makes such wicked decision.

No, what he did was buckling under political pressure from the government,and trying to force his will, which actually is that of the government, on his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by phineas: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2014
So I'm a nigerian trained Dr,and I have refused to practice clinically in Nigeria with any Nigerian institution public and private for yrs now. I must say when it comes to clinical medcine in Nigeria,it requires ingenuinty,diplomacy and tact,where all that should have been needed was protocol,discipline,teamwork.It erodes one's dignity and sanity,no one appreciates it,no one respects you.All good you do,and we do a loooot of good,we tell ourselves we do for "God" what I feel is deep bitterness,a sense of so not worth it,except taken as a calling.

So this same state and Nation,that has betrayed our trust and our profession again and again in all ramifications is asking come volunteer and they throw money to solve the prob,50,000 a day,here's why I won't and this are my recomendations.

I won't because,

Frankly Nigeria/Nigerians does/do not deserve it.They've disrespected their clinicians and their roles over the years and I simply refuse to "re-join" the choas now.

No one I repeat No one will look out for the clinicians as ussual,- so they've offered a life insurance policy,I would have expected serious pple to offer residency training slots in new infectious disease dept,training abroad,etc but so you know their tots.

Summary is I don't trust the Nigerian govt and her pple to look out for her professionals they never did,I doubt they'll start now,Red cross,MSF,The UN,and other ,look out for their staff in such great detail... They ave a security dept that safeguards with security report,all threats not to talk of actual assaults physical or verbal which are attended to propmtly and addressed,ure treated with respect,everyone understands their roles and responsibilities,and should u get infected or injured in any way on the job,(though you've signed an indemnity clause),they still do all they can to ensure your safety and comfort,and take responsibilty for your treatment should the need arise (unlike here where u're on your own to treat yourself,you don't even get time off,hope u all know lagos state does not pay for any time off for their locum staff including maternity leave )those guyz I will trust to volunteer with,they've earned it...they pay peanuts by the way,so its not about money.

My question and recomendation for lagos and Nigeria,

Now will be a good time to bring in those "cuban" Drs we always hear them boast about,I'm sure NMA will have no issue with it.

Get more quarantine centers before u need it.I ave said this one before now,so you know I'm right they are unserious jokers

Housing for this team of volunteers,hope u don't expect them to go home dly seeing what risk they are taking,and pls ensure they are really comfortable during this period.

Short volunteer periods,max 1 month which is wat others do,its easy to concentrate on protection for a short period ,with a long time frame,lapses occur.After this short period,quarantine and test them before letting them go home.

Lastly respect those that actually turn up,dr's Nurses,pharm etc.no state official or secetary of oga should turn up and start spewwing rubbish.

Lastly,it will cost money,no short cuts.So pls get enough protective wears and supplies,no we've run out of cotton wool or protective wear,pls manage...

11 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by mployer(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2014
pazienza:

No, what he did was buckling under political pressure from the government,and trying to force his will, which actually is that of the government, on his colleagues.
Politics in time like this is wickedness. The government is looking at the humane side of it and the doctors are thinking politics. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by phineas: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2014
Lastly,

Since we're trading blames on roles,its not the pharmacists that should ave found a cure for this.

PHD Dr's are awarded their PHD for research,and its expected they continue their research throught life.

In nigeria they want to be "consultants" and see patients.its not their fault really,its the goverment that failed to give grants for research,so the greater percentage of research projects in the country over 80 percent is funded by foreign aid/grants and self funding,so the whole consultant brouhaha is just them seeking relevance.

This chaos,will be a good time for NMA and Johesu to team up write everyones roles and duty in gold,write demands and expectations from the goverment,write the plan to ensure sanction for erring members,it can be bussiness as ussual,and then we will see peace.Its that easy....

You all should make good use of this crises.its will be like the phoenix born from adversity.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Burger01(m): 8:30am On Aug 07, 2014
What's the point going on strike in the first place undecided
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by TheMatrix3: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
SpikeC: You see, there's a very big difference between me and you.

lokoloko84: You are dumb. if you were educated as you claimed to be, then you are a disgrace. you can not tell me about my job and it's specification. Very soon I will work in a pharmaceutical company in a country where things works, so I have a great knowledge about drug production and and research. Save me your fake accent, a typical Nigerian very lousy and devoid of critical thinking.

grin The latter is struggling for breath grin... The guy just finish you and instead of u to just keep quiet u still bring out ya leg: why the insults angry

7 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Hyperbee: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
@mployer and BabaAlabi:I'm very sure your entire village has neva produced a medical doctor not to even mention your immediate families.if not you would not type the nonsense you just did.let d "non-idiot" mployer and the "non-murderer" babaalabi go and put their lives @ risk or that of any member of their families @ risk for a hazard allowance of 5000 naira (five thousand).if you have any family member who is a medical doctor,tel them to go and treat HIV,Tuberculosis,lassa fever,ebola amongst others for a hazard allowance of 5000 naira.how much is paluther injection for treating malaria?more than 3000 naira.how much is augmentin tablet,an antibiotic??I'll leave you to find out.is there any provision for life insurance for doctors in nigeria?this is just to highlight one point out of the 24 reasons for the strike. So before you spill out the ignorance processed by your "un-enlightened" brains be sure to have @ least a minimal knowledge of what is happening.afterall doctors are human beings who have families and friends that love them.

8 Likes

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by mployer(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2014
yomi007k:
Ur kind ought to be wiped out by Ebola.
Pack your belongings, your death is near, Ebola is your destiny cheesy

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by mployer(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2014
Hyperbee: @mployer and BabaAlabi:I'm very sure your entire village has neva produced a medical doctor not to even mention your immediate families.if not you would not type the nonsense you just did.let d "non-idiot" mployer and the "non-murderer" babaalabi go and put their lives @ risk or that of any member of their families @ risk for a hazard allowance of 5000 naira (five thousand).if you have any family member who is a medical doctor,tel them to go and treat HIV,Tuberculosis,lassa fever,ebola amongst others for a hazard allowance of 5000 naira.how much is paluther injection for treating malaria?more than 3000 naira.how much is augmentin tablet,an antibiotic??I'll leave you to find out.is there any provision for life insurance for doctors in nigeria?this is just to highlight one point out of the 24 reasons for the strike. So before you spill out the ignorance processed by your "un-enlightened" brains be sure to have @ least a minimal knowledge of what is happening.afterall doctors are human beings who have families and friends that love them.
Craw back to whatever hole you came from.
So why did they choose the profession if they are not ready to face the risks and challenges in it. This is what you hear from cowards who think a profession is all about a fat salary, ego and job security.

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by tunesoft(m): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2014
Strike continues...please get information right

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by Olusanya333(m): 8:47am On Aug 07, 2014
In Christ I have no fear of pestilence like ebola Psalm 91:1-6. Xo na dem sabi
Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by lokoloko84(m): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2014
TheMatrix3:

grin The latter is struggling for breath grin... The guy just finish you and instead of u to just keep quiet u still bring out ya leg: why the insults angry
I am not interested with your preaching, Mister. you can not even string coherent word together. with idiots like you,who do not ask questions but reveals in your delusional grandeur, I will continue to put shameless people like you to miseries.

1 Like

Re: NMA Strike Suspended? by mployer(m): 8:53am On Aug 07, 2014
pazienza:

So you want the minority to be declared a winner,simply because the minority stance is in tandem with yours?

Typical African of you, this was why most African leaders easily become tyrants.

If the majority say Yes to strike, then let there be strike. While you go behind the scenes to lobby and reason with them why the strike should end. So that when next you call for a vote, the majority will say No to strike.

I hate to hear this majority and minority stuff in time of crisis like this, it is just childish.
Sounds like a man who refused to drive his sick wife to hospital because they had issue the previous night, insisting unless the issue is resolved they are going nowhere. How responsible does that sound?
Truth be told, the doctors are totally irresponsible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Resident Doctors Declare Total & Indefinite Strike, List 8 Demands / The Health Benefits Of Humor And Laughter! » » / He Cant Go Second Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.