Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries (3398 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2014

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God , RCCG , Pastor Enoch Adeboye , has banned delegates from Ebola- hit countries such as Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea , from attending the ongoing church’ s National
Convention .

Adeboye took the decision to prevent the spread of Ebola Virus Disease , EVD , in Nigeria .

Officials of the Federal and Lagos State governments had met with the RCCG leader to adopt precautionary measures by not allowing people from the infected countries to come to the church’ s convention, which usually attracts thousands of participants .

At the ongoing RCCG convention, no delegate from the Ebola- infected countries showed up as they were not allowed .

Also speaking at the church ’ s ministers ‘ conference , Adeboye told the pastors that all those who fasted for 100 days the last time should have no fear of Ebola as the disease would not get to them.

He warned his pastors to avoid laying hands on anybody they suspected have full blown Ebola as they might contract the disease .
grin grin

At the ongoing convention on Monday , Adeboye charged his members to embrace the habit of cleanliness, praying that the disease would not get to the country full blown and also at the convention ground .

However, the RCCG said the church has recorded tremendous growth in Nigeria in the last few years, as several parishes had been created and several souls magas won for Christ through the propagation of the gospel .

“ There has been tremendous growth in Nigeria in 2012/ 2013 , with 28, 582 parishes planted, while in 2013/ 2014 , about 32, 036 parishes were planted. In the area of salvation, in 2012/ 2013, about 332, 800 souls were won . In 2013/ 2014, about 507, 472 souls were saved , consequently .

“ Six new regions were created in Nigeria taking the total region to 24. 28 new provinces have been created . The foreign outposts have been restructured. We are in 46 nations in Europe and has been divided into three smaller regions with headquarters in Holland, Spain and Sweden , ” said a statement from the church. [International maga shocked]

The statement added that North America has been divided into two, with Canada having one region and the United States of America having five regions, adding that the United Kingdom has been divided into four regions - Wales , Scotland , Northern Ireland and England , while Asia/ Middle East has been divided into Malaysia and United Arab
Emirates . Singing: Oyibo man, I go chop your dollar
www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/08/06/adeboye-bans-delegates-from-ebola-hit-countries/
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Burger01(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2014
So religion too dey fear Ebola? This must be serious. sad

Now, baba say people wey fast for 100 days need not be afraid as Ebola won't touch then. Chai!! Embarrassing. angry

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2014
So Jizz-us and Yahweh can't cure Ebola? shocked

grin

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by nora544: 8:55am On Aug 07, 2014
Adeboye told the pastors that all those who fasted for 100 days the last time should have no fear of Ebola as the disease would not get to them.

This man is dangerous, sorry but he has no brain, how he could make now this.
This nurs she died yesterday, who knows that she didnot make also the 100 days fasting!
Sorry Adeboye you are a disgrace and a stupid man, with no brain
He can start to work in Liberia because he fast for 100 days so he can work there because nothing will happen with him

11 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Chanchit: 9:06am On Aug 07, 2014
Nice move, TB Joshua too should ban them o, they should recieve their healing through internet.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Chanchit: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2014
nora544:

This man is dangerous, sorry but he has no brain, how he could now this.
This nurs she died yesterday, who knos that she didnot make also the 100 days fasting!
He can start to work in Liberia because he fast for 100 days so he can work there because nothing will happen with him

Haba, na Adeboye carry Ebola enter Nigeria..? This insult too much na..
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by nora544: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2014
Chanchit:

Haba, na Adeboye carry Ebola enter Nigeria..? This insult too much na..

sorry that is not to much, that is the bitter truth, no one should play with Ebola.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Ograke(m): 10:07am On Aug 07, 2014
Lols..

It's like these guys aren't upholding the legacies Jesus left behind for them.

Not anywhere in the scriptures did Jesus shun sick people from coming near him.

And to think all these MOGs claim to have healing abilities.Jesus himself must be highly disappointed in them.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2014
this should serve as an eye-opener to all pentecostal slaves in Africa. If you have pastors who claim they heal sicknesses on TV, why don't the pastors assemble themselves, travel to those Ebola-infected African countries and perform those TV miracles?
Jesus touched people with leprosy and they were healed, but your Private-Jet Pastors are too afraid to travel to those countries, or even have a conference with delegates from those countries. their healing miracles are only acted on TV.
If not that Government has warned them, they would have acted Ebola healing/deliverance on TV... nonsense!! pentecostal fraudsters!!

13 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Image123(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2014
nora544:

This man is dangerous, sorry but he has no brain, how he could now this.
This nurs she died yesterday, who knows that she didnot make also the 100 days fasting!

Take it easy, i can almost assure you that pastor Adeboye is not here on nairaland. Find something of value to do to cure your frustrations.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by nora544: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Image123:

Take it easy, i can almost assure you that pastor Adeboye is not here on nairaland. Find something of value to do to cure your frustrations.

What has this to do with fustration, sorry but you are also a brainwashed pentecost follower. It has to do that people should learn that thinking I have fast for 100 days will keep ebola away from me and that is dangerous so all this pastors who will tell this to their followers are bastards and not even wothy to call them christians!

11 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by wordcat(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2014
The wind just dey blow, fowl nyash just dey open.

I wish my gullible Nigerians eyes go open.

10 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2014
It seems there are diseases the blood of the dead Jewish man can't heal. Faith has its limits and Ebola has clearly surpassed it.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Image123(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
nora544:

What has this to do with fustration, sorry but you are also a brainwashed pentecost follower. It has to to that people should learn that thinking I have fast for 100 days will keep ebola away from me and that is dangerous so all this pastors who will tell this to their followers are bastards and not even wothy to call them christians!

frus·trate

\ˈfrəs-ˌtrāt\transitive verb

: to cause (someone) to feel angry, discouraged, or upset because of not being able to do something : to prevent (efforts, plans, etc.) from succeeding : to keep (someone) from doing something

Full Definition 1 a : to balk or defeat in an endeavor b : to induce feelings of discouragement in 2 a (1) : to make ineffectual : bring to nothing (2) : impede, obstruct b : to make invalid or of no effect Other forms: frus·trat·ed; frus·trat·ing Origin: Middle English, from Latin frustratus, past participle of frustrare to deceive, frustrate, from frustra in error, in vain. First use: 15th century Synonym discussion: frustrate thwart foil baffle balk mean to check or defeat another's plan or block achievement of a goal. frustrate implies making vain or ineffectual all efforts however vigorous or persistent <frustrated attempts at government reform>. thwart suggests frustration or checking by crossing or opposing <the army thwarted his attempt at a coup>. foil implies checking or defeating so as to discourage further effort <foiled by her parents, he stopped trying to see her>. baffle implies frustration by confusing or puzzling <baffled by the maze of rules and regulations>. balk suggests the interposing of obstacles or hindrances <officials felt that legal restrictions had balked their efforts to control crime>.

frustrate

adjective : characterized by frustration

First use: 15th century

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Goshen360(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Image123:

Image123:
frus·trate
\ˈfrəs-ˌtrāt\transitive verb
: to cause (someone) to feel angry, discouraged, or upset because of not being able to do something : to prevent (efforts, plans, etc.) from succeeding : to keep (someone) from doing something
Full Definition 1 a : to balk or defeat in an endeavor b : to induce feelings of discouragement in 2 a (1) : to make ineffectual : bring to nothing (2) : impede, obstruct b : to make invalid or of no effect Other forms: frus·trat·ed; frus·trat·ing Origin: Middle English, from Latin frustratus, past participle of frustrare to deceive, frustrate, from frustra in error, in vain. First use: 15th century Synonym discussion: frustrate thwart foil baffle balk mean to check or defeat another's plan or block achievement of a goal. frustrate implies making vain or ineffectual all efforts however vigorous or persistent <frustrated attempts at government reform>. thwart suggests frustration or checking by crossing or opposing <the army thwarted his attempt at a coup>. foil implies checking or defeating so as to discourage further effort <foiled by her parents, he stopped trying to see her>. baffle implies frustration by confusing or puzzling <baffled by the maze of rules and regulations>. balk suggests the interposing of obstacles or hindrances <officials felt that legal restrictions had balked their efforts to control crime>.

frustrate

adjective : characterized by frustration

First use: 15th century

When I said you're always defending most of Adeboye's action, you said I should prove it. It soon happen that you don't need no prove. You have a crafted way of covering the faults of these men like Adeboye. You're always behind these men when they say or make silly talk\decisions. You never think the best of men are still men. You can keep deceiving yourself you don't believe everything the news says. You could as well say you don't believe the on-going Ebola virus. If you believe that, how come you don't see fault in silly decision\statement of Adeboye in connection with the virus. Pray for Adeboye to return back on track because he is fast loosing focus on spiritual matters.

13 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by mazaje(m): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
All these fraudsters that claim they can perform fantastic feats are all running away. . .If it is lying foolishly peope like Adeboye will be there opening their lying mouths and telling people that he drove for over 200km on empty tank when no nobody was there, he claimed to have increased the height of one man and so many other lies, now that a real catastrophe is here, he is busy banning his delegates from hard hit countries, why not heal them since he claims to have the power to heal people and drive for 200km on empty tank?. . .Nigerians shine your eyes and see the reality as it is. . .these liars can not fake cure for ebola and have been warned, else fools like TB Joshua will be acting on tv and telling people that he has healed ebola. . .The Lagos state government and NAFDAC have warned them sternly, any pastor that claims he has cure for ebola will be arrested. . Stupid liars. . .

13 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by ayoku777(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Jesus was stripped, nailed and hung on the cross of calvary, right between heaven and earth, in full view of all the world and even His enemies; just few days before He rose from the dead and said "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given unto me"

The armies of the children of Israel under Joshua were stripped n.aked and circumcised at Gilgal; in the plains of Jericho, in between the river Jordan and city of Jericho -in full view of their enemies; just few days before the wall of Jericho fell.

Same experience goes for Samson, Jonah and some other prophets and servants of God; whose chastisment and circumcision were as public as their eventual conquest.

God has a habit of stripping His children n.aked and/or circumcising them right in front of their enemies; in full view of the people, the nations and the world He's about to deliver into their hands.

This is the feast of atonement that always preceeds the feast of Tabernacle. It is the affliction of the soul that preceeds the glory and the ingathering. The circumcision that preceeds the conquest.

And God does it for several reasons.

One; because judgment must begin with the household of God. We need to be judged to have the authority to judge. Lest we be hypocrites.

Secondly, because there's no resurrection without death. God humbles His people before He exalts them. And He humbles them publicly so that they and the world will know that it was Him that exalted His people -not their works, their wisdom or their faithfulness. He does it so that only Him will get the glory for what He is about to do in them and through them.

And thirdly, because I believe God has a sense of humour. He probably loves to see the Devil laugh before He makes Him cry.

Isaiah 29v8 -It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and , behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: So shall the mutitude of all the the nations be, that figth against Mount Zion.

God loves to give the enemy a delusion of victory over His people; before He gives him a rude awakening. Its God's usual humour.

A lot of embarrasing things are befalling the church lately. Things stripping us n.aked and exposing our powerlessness, our fakery and our hypocrisy. Things that make us blush with embarassment. And God is not only allowing them, He's allowing them publicly too -not to shame us (even though its shameful) but to circumcise us.

If we learn from the mistakes of our spiritual fathers and mentors; and listen to what the Spirit is saying to us; and we repent and do right. And we beseech to behold the glory of Christ; we shall see the bible days again and even more. And the Devil and Babylon will choke on their tongue in the midst of their laughter. The feast of Tabernacle will come; but not before the feast of atonement.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by dorox(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Mark my words, these same men who are running for cover right now at there mere mention of ebola will try to outdo each other in telling fantastic tall tales of heroic miraculuous feats of healing they performed on ebola patients, and they will be believed by their church members.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
Goshen360:

When I said you're always defending most of Adeboye's action, you said I should prove it. It soon happen that you don't need no prove. You have a crafted way of covering the faults of these men like Adeboye. You're always behind these men when they say or make silly talk\decisions. You never think the best of men are still men. You can keep deceiving yourself you don't believe everything the news says. You could as well say you don't believe the on-going Ebola virus. If you believe that, how come you don't see fault in silly decision\statement of Adeboye in connection with the virus. Pray for Adeboye to return back on track because he is fast loosing focus on spiritual matters.

1. Nora is frustrated.
2. i'm not ALWAYS defending most of pastor Adeboye's actions. It don't stop me from talking in his favor once in a while.
3. i don't recall the fault i covered on this thread. Please remind us or are you lying?
4. Do you believe everything the news says?
5. Nora is frustrated.
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Krak(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
Scyllapatron: this should serve as an eye-opener to all pentecostal slaves in Africa. If you have pastors who claim they heal sicknesses on TV, why don't the pastors assemble themselves, travel to those Ebola-infected African countries and perform those TV miracles?
Jesus touched people with leprosy and they were healed, but your Private-Jet Pastors are too afraid to travel to those countries, or even have a conference with delegates from those countries. their healing miracles are only acted on TV.
If not that Government has warned them, they would have acted Ebola healing/deliverance on TV... nonsense!! pentecostal fraudsters!!

True

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by nora544: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
Image123:

1. Nora is frustrated.
2. i'm not ALWAYS defending most of pastor Adeboye's actions. It don't stop me from talking in his favor once in a while.
3. i don't recall the fault i covered on this thread. Please remind us or are you lying?
5. Nora is frustrated.

Sorry I am not frustrated.

I only want to show the people that Ebola is not flu!

I know from what i speak, I know how it is to work for doctors without boder in Liberia.

When a member of RCCG feel sik and Ebola and malaria start with the same symptom so people will stay at home and they will take the medicine for malaria or will go to the pastor that he should pray with them because people from RCCG who make the 100 fasting cannot bekome Ebola.

I hope your brainwashed brain get it now why I write it.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Olusanya333(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Scyllapatron: this should serve as an eye-opener to all pentecostal slaves in Africa. If you have pastors who claim they heal sicknesses on TV, why don't the pastors assemble themselves, travel to those Ebola-infected African countries and perform those TV miracles?
You got ur likes be prepared to give account to God

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Olusanya333(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
What a shame to open your mouth and talk about pst E.A Adeboye ,TB joshua and the likes. What diff are they?dey believe in Christ xo did u.Shouldn't u be ashame dat u r unable to Heal ebola victims as a Christain?Check ur own very life instead of insulting brethens like you
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by frank317: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Image123:

1. Nora is frustrated.
5. Nora is frustrated.

Nora is frustrated! Nora is frustrated! How does that adress the issue at hand? How could you be this shameless. Insead of of you to cover ur eyes in embarrasment or remain silent you come here redirect the disussion.
Why are so excited to say nora is frustrated and silent at the fact that ur so called men of God are emarassin themelves?

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Demainman1: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
If you want to create a scene just enter one of dem pentecostal churches and tell the ushers or the security guys that you have ebola and will like the MAN OF 'god' to pray/lay hand on you for healing.

You go see men pick race my brother cheesy

Even pastor sef go take off grin

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Demainman1: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
God/Satan wants to use this EBOLA of a thing to expose all these fake pastorpreneurs that parade themselves as men of gods.

99% of Nigerians/blackman have discarded our thinking caps only to leave our fates to the hand of the fraudsters pastors.

My people make una no worry, it will still take SCIENCE and not "God of men" to conquer this challenge and then you all can go back to continue contributing your hard earned money to those thieves in the name of TITHE and OFFERING.

4 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Donfamous(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
nora544:

This man is dangerous, sorry but he has no brain, how he could make now this.
he is a disgrace and a silly man like ur father. If u can't respect him for who he is @least for his age. He might even be older than ur biological father. If I say ur father is mad how will u feel. And later u'll be d one teaching ur kids to be respectful when u are just a slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
frank317:

Nora is frustrated! Nora is frustrated! How does that adress the issue at hand? How could you be this shameless. Insead of of you to cover ur eyes in embarrasment or remain silent you come here redirect the disussion.
Why are so excited to say nora is frustrated and silent at the fact that ur so called men of God are emarassin themelves?

Well, that was what i said that got his attention and made him to start recanting. Nora was showing frustration and somebody had to calm her down. i see no man of God embarrassing themselves. A christian has a right to believe that he or his children cannot contract ebola. He should also be responsible enough not to tempt God or put others in danger. This is all that seems to have been done. Did you read the thread heading at all? Precautions were taken ensuring ebola victims or infested countries don't come, then he supposedly told his pastors to be cautious, did you even see that? Then he told his children not to be afraid, that is as common sense as it gets. It's unfortunate we're not standing on the same level, so i don't expect that we see things the exact same way.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Donfamous(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
I totally agree with him. When they tell u to give ur life to Christ, you won't now when u are now faced with with challenges u will be looking for sharp sharp miracle every where. That's when u'll knw Jesus exists. Forget it if u are timid of him here he'll do likewise not only in heaven but starting from here
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by Donfamous(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
Goshen360:

are u so blind that u can't read. That d lagos state govt paid him a visit not to allow dem in. If he disobeyed u'll be d first person to rant if he did not u'll cry. Wetin nobody fit plese u.
Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by uzoexcel(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
We have so much numbskulls in naija
the fact that we are now gonna have to rely for the ebola cure on unbelievers/infidels/'people who are going to hell since they arent christians/muslims' doesnt awaken our core that we have all been bamboozled.
I Chatted with a catholic friend online whoz in naija and his advice for the cure was to take enough 'holy communion' and plead the blood of Jesus and ebola would pass over him...WHAT THE FUCKKK IS WRONG WITH US

The indians adapted the white man's technology and improved on it and now export it to the rest of the world but they rejected his religion. We now go to india for cures and import drugs from them in our pharmacies yet we say the indians are going to hell cos they dont follow Jesus or Mohammed....phuckked up reasoning....No indian bears any english name. But here we....i dnt wanna get vexed just now

Martin Luther King in boondocks said it better..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E

Apatheist: So Jizz-us and Yahweh can't cure Ebola? shocked

grin

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Bans Delegates From Ebola-hit Countries by uzoexcel(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
wwe kknow how to use them slick a55 words and manipulate the bible to suit our convulated reasoning
Gaddamnit
Image123:

Well, that was what i said that got his attention and made him to start recanting. Nora was showing frustration and somebody had to calm her down. i see no man of God embarrassing themselves. A christian has a right to believe that he or his children cannot contract ebola. He should also be responsible enough not to tempt God or put others in danger. This is all that seems to have been done. Did you read the thread heading at all? Precautions were taken ensuring ebola victims or infested countries don't come, then he supposedly told his pastors to be cautious, did you even see that? Then he told his children not to be afraid, that is as common sense as it gets. It's unfortunate we're not standing on the same level, so i don't expect that we see things the exact same way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Obsession Of Atheists With The "Christian God" / When Will The Church Have The Courage To Face This ‘ugly’ Home Truth? / Why Jews Don't believe in Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.