Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,994 members, 7,919,165 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

I'm Becoming Useless - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Becoming Useless (2004 Views)

Why his Father called him USELESS {so Sad} / The Useless Plan My Father Had Made For Me. What Do I Do? / Am Such A Useless Person. Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Becoming Useless by fubbyy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
This thread is for people who have felt this way before

Have you ever felt that you are becoming useless?

*Done everything that you could but nothing happened

*you know that you are intelligent and smart but couldn't use it to achieve anything

*all your life you have never made 1 naira while you struggle more than people who make millions

*people run to you, you write job application letter for them and they came back rejoicing that they got the job while you have written over 100 of your own but nothing happened

*you prayed and fasted nothing happened

*you entered 3 days dry fasting, the day you finished it,police came and arrested you with one allegation of theft

*you trek up and down the town wishing something will happen but came back with nothing

*the only person who thought that the storm will be over someday and encourages you never to give up, died on your arms

*your family thinks you are liability

Have you ever felt useless? If yes what did you do?

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by isokey: 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Everyone at some point has been faced with difficult times and Somao somao we pulled out of it. Brother, take a deep breath. It will not last long. Life is Good, God is Gracious.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
I used to think i was useless too. Till i remembered that i was constantly converting oxygen to carbon dioxide

8 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by mployer(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
feran14: I used to think i was useless too. Till i remembered that i was constantly converting oxygen to carbon dioxide
lol grin grin

And plants need the carbon dioxide for survival.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2014
The cloud is always darkest before the morning. I've had some trying times in the past too, where it seems life is conspiring against me. Every thing seems not to be working well. The trick is to remain positive and always realise that though someone is having it better than you, someone is also having it worse.
Cheer up and never give up. It always ends well if u believe and don't relent in ur hard work.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by fubbyy(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Gaggi: The cloud is always darkest before the morning. I've had some trying times in the past too, where it seems life is conspiring against me. Every thing seems not to be working well. The trick is to remain positive and always realise that though someone is having it better than you, someone is also having it worse.
Cheer up and never give up. It always ends well if u believe and don't relent in ur hard work.
thanks
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by maclatunji: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Gaggi: The cloud is always darkest before the morning. I've had some trying times in the past too, where it seems life is conspiring against me. Every thing seems not to be working well. The trick is to remain positive and always realise that though someone is having it better than you, someone is also having it worse.

OP, believe this. I can relate to the feeling of underachieving but there is solution to it. Know your capabilities, decide on an activity you want to pursue and then dedicate your energy, ability and resources no matter how small towards achieving it. Keep learning on how to do things better.

You say you write letters for other people and it helps them achieve success. Why not embrace this talent and become a freelance writer?

If you are still thinking about capital for starting a business, please read this http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2014/02/starting-business-with-zero-capital.html?m=1 and tell me if you agree it is possible.
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by maryini(f): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2014
fubbyy: This thread is for people who have felt this way before

*you know that you are intelligent and smart but couldn't use it to achieve anything

*all your life you have never made 1 naira while you struggle more than people who make millions

*people run to you, you write job application letter for them and they came back rejoicing that they got the job while you have written over 100 of your own but nothing happened

*you entered 3 days dry fasting, the day you finished it,police came and arrested you with one allegation of theft

*you trek up and down the town wishing something will happen but came back with nothing

*the only person who thought that the storm will be over someday and encourages you never to give up, died on your arms

OP I have been there before. Its just a phase . It will pass. Cheer up.

1 Like

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by mumumugu(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2014

that made me a mumu
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
I've been there op......its not easy sha but know that it will one day pass.

This cloth we puy on covers so many things. if only you can see through to people's heart........

Be clam op, this is life and it will surely pass. smiley
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
OP,

Relax, it's part of life. It happens for a reason because your story shall be used as inspiring spring board for those who would need it in he future.

Stay positive! Take your mind off all the worries. Even if you have not eaten in the last 11 hours. don't worry. Just take your mind off it. The problem is there but don't stare a minute at it; channel all that energy into positivity and look inward at what you can achieve with it. Your friends may be ahead of you already but don't despair. keep working to better your life and please, stay away from women or dating in this times. You don't need it, except it is one that will add value to your life.

We all have been there before.... I got mad one day about 4 years ago and called God wicked god. I however felt remorseful begged for forgiveness instantly.

Always tell yourself, it can only get better, no matter what storm is across the horizon. Also practice the habit of giving, even from the little you have. I don't mean giving to people just because you know them o. if someone you don't know approaches you for help, give with a gladden heart... it pays in the realms when you would least expect it to.

Above all, Stay positive.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
I have been at your shoe before, i as a graduate with 2:1 in Physics worked in big industries in Nigeria, had to be a Wash-man at a car-wash for awhile, customers including taxi drivers,little boys abused me, i thought of suicide or given up, but God kept me on. But right now my life is a testimony a lot of people where i am working now can never believe i have ever suffered, but anytime i pass any car-wash and see the boys i praise God for making my life beautiful in His time.

God's time is always the best.

9 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by nwababy: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ OP, Nobody is useless except you want to believe you are. So far you are hardworking, one day God will surely remember you. My fiance is a testimony (big one) he had lots of issues before he got a better job. Stayed without a good job for 7yrs(excluding the issues in had in sch pple even said he didn't graduate his problem were so complicated as if some1 is remoting it) he braced up and I kept encouraging him cos my instinct kept telling me that he can make it. I believed in him more than he believed in himself; he worked harder cos in didn't want to disappoint me. It was tough very very tough. Years of tears and laughter cos one minute we are happy another minute na crying.people mocked him, laughed at him At times, both of us will start crying and later we console ourselves. Look at were we are today. God is truly awesome but at his own time. Stay positive and never lose faith. Tough time Never last but Tough people do!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
in times like this what u need to do is to isolate yourself from bad company because the temptation to do something very bad will be so strong. Trust me, I know. Why do you think that people like Obj , Soyinka and co accuse GEJ of living in self denial ? Because no matter how bad things are, even if he is utterly clueless , that smile will never depart from his face. Adopt that style today and start smiling , u will triumph soon.
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
nwababy: @ OP, Nobody is useless except you want to believe you are. So far you are hardworking, one day God will surely remember you. My fiance is a testimony (big one) he had lots of issues before he got a better job. Stayed without a good job for 7yrs(excluding the issues in had in sch pple even said he didn't graduate his problem were so complicated as if some1 is remoting it) he braced up and I kept encouraging him cos my instinct kept telling me that he can make it. I believed in him more than he believed in himself; he worked harder cos in didn't want to disappoint me. It was tough very very tough. Years of tears and laughter cos one minute we are happy another minute na crying.people mocked him, laughed at him At times, both of us will start crying and later we console ourselves. Look at were we are today. God is truly awesome but at his own time. Stay positive and never lose faith. Tough time Never last but Tough people do!
na this kain baby boyz dey find na
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dominiquez: I have been at your shoe before, i as a graduate with 2:1 in Physics worked in big industries in Nigeria, had to be a Wash-man at a car-wash for awhile, customers including taxi drivers,little boys abused me, i thought of suicide or given up, but God kept me on. But right now my life is a testimony a lot of people where i am working now can never believe i have ever suffered, but anytime i pass any car-wash and see the boys i praise God for making my life beautiful in His time.

God's time is always the best.
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by dre11(m): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Diffcuilt times makes u stronger..... but, don't fill ur heart with those negative words because it would compound ur problem.......

People u see in the street do have their own problems and challenges but its only covered by the cloths they put on..... but, this would only make u strong and have this assurance that no matter what, i can be what GOD has said i would be

i did pass throught those things and faced a challenge for more than 10yrs, but i came out strong after it because i believe i would overcome and i did recieve that miracle on that faithfull day and it change the course of mah life, thinking, actions, words and reasoning

just believe that u will overcome, pray to the 'Gods' whom u believe in and have faith and HE will see you through
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2014

DONT WORRY KEEP UR HOPE HIGH UP..
I HAVE FELT EMPTY LIKEWISE..
I MAKE MONEY BUT IN RETURN HAND EVERYTHING TO ARMED ROBBERS..
IT HAS BEEN LIKE I SIGNED AN MOU WITH DEM.
EVEN MY NEW CAR WAS SNATCHT AT GUN POINT.
MY HOUSE BURGLED..
NOT TO TALK OF HIGHWAY FULANI ROBBERS.
I FELT HOPELSS AND USELESS.
BUT , AM STILL ENCOURAGING MYSEF PERIODICALLY.
AT SOME POINT IN TIME, I JUST WANTED DEATH TO KOM.
IT HAS BEEN LIKE A LIFE WITHOUT PURPOSE.
I STRUGGLE..PURCHASE THINGS ONLY TO LOSE DEM COPIOUSLY.
I STIL BELIEVE DAT ONE DAY WIL BE A NEW BIRTHDAY IN MY LIFE.!!!!!
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by GboyegaD(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Life has a way of serving us the hard bitter pills however, what you need most is a positive mind set and you have to tell yourself that it is well with you. I will also suggest you get inspirational songs to uplift you.
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by Glock9(m): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
We are designed to last longer than our problems. Outlive what you are going because God is there for you.
Re: I'm Becoming Useless by aolatunde00: 4:29am On Aug 10, 2014
Don't worry.This too shall pass.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Bullshit Your Woman Or Wife, Look At This Picture! / His 20 Year Old Sister Flirts Around And Has Become Promiscuous And Now Just Abo / Should A Guy Find A Partner Because He Is Living Alone And Loneliness?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.