Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] (34930 Views)

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
ilprinze: Ebola Ebola every bdy is jx talking abt ebola
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Neroanna(f): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
Noted
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by shadrach77: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
I counted 20 Ebola related topics currently featuring on the front page, including the two that have been added in the last one hour. Now we need to spread hope not fear. Okay, there is an outbreak but the continual reporting is an attempt by the west to paint Africa in a bad light. I can't remember them reporting vigourously when "bird flu" epidemic was spreading all around Europe. Let's be wise and desist from helping them in denigrating our continent angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by DGREATBISHOP: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
another man's food, is another man's poison. Some pple eat BAT
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by lomprico(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
justi4jesu: Noted. Who eats bats undecided
Go to ile-ife
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by bebek: 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
This Ebola matter, God wl continue to protect his children
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by ccollins(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
bebek: This Ebola matter, God wl continue to protect his children
I just wonder why people are so scared of ebola.. Yes,its deadly but one should keep on living your life .if God has not said u will die . No disease will kill you

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by AdeniyiA(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
EBOLAPHOBIA! shocked
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by mikigen(m): 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
Only God will help us..we are no longer bodering abt stable electricity,bokoharam, food to eat nw its abt survival without being infected.well someday all this will be history! We just cnt wait for that day! Thanks for sharing @ op.
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Funjosh(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
JurassicPark: Timeless Magazine
Ebola Facts

Please share this information with your friends and families and try not to spread panic on social media.

• Transmission to humans is thought to originate from infected bats or primates that have become infected by bats.

• Undercooked infected bat and primate (bush) meat transmits the virus to humans.

• Human to human transmission is only achieved by physical contact with a person who is acutely and gravely ill from the Ebola virus or their body fluids.

• Transmission among humans is almost exclusively among caregiver family members or health care workers tending to the very ill.

• The virus is easily killed by contact with soap, bleach, sunlight, or drying. A washing machine will kill the virus in clothing saturated with infected body fluids.

• A person can incubate the virus without symptoms for 2-21 days, the average being 5-8 days before becoming ill. THEY ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS until they are acutely ill.

• Only when ill does the viral load express itself first in the blood and then in other bodily fluids (to include vomit, feces, urine, breast milk, semen and sweat).

• If you are walking around you are not infectious to others.

• There are documented cases from Kikwit, DRC of an Ebola outbreak in a village that had the custom of children never touching an ill adult. Children living for days in small one room huts with parents who died from Ebola did not become infected.

• You cannot contract Ebola by handling money, buying local bread or swimming in a pool.

• There is no medical reason to stop flights, close borders, restrict travel or close embassies, businesses or schools.

• As always practice good hand washing techniques, but you will not contract Ebola if you do not touch a dying person.

Hmmm Wetin we no go hear.
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Mayydayy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
d best ebola fact so far.thank u op[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
THAT ANIMAL CALLED BAT SHOULD BE MADE EXTINCT.IT HAS GOT NO USE ; SUCKS BLOOD , SEES ONLY IN THE DARK , NOW TRANSMITS VIRUS ! ITS REALLY EVIL.

as in ehn!!!! I've always hated bats angry angry
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Pateniya(f): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Na wa for this Ebola thing
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Godsun2013(m): 6:17pm On Aug 09, 2014
Really?? Bush meat?? God always ansa praya... My inlaws added 2 Antelopes to what am goin 2 buy 4 my trad wedding...

My inlaw must see dis...;-)

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by silvercloud: 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
Funny animated news about Ebola and using salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRWwNSsYxz8
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by anytexy: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Why u first me askd the question self. Take ur time bros! LOL.
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Tucees(f): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
majekdom2: THAT ANIMAL CALLED BAT SHOULD BE MADE EXTINCT.IT HAS GOT NO USE ; SUCKS BLOOD , SEES ONLY IN THE DARK , NOW TRANSMITS VIRUS ! ITS REALLY EVIL.
On the contrary its quiet useful in keeping the eco system balanced! If bats were to go extinct humans may have a problem of too many insects and co to contend with. No animal is useless (except bedbugs IMO)every one of them snakes included have one thing or the other that makes our very existence comfortable and bearable.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by jorrn: 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
;DYou funny o, which pinchur yu won see
Abimloaded: Pinshure of all these facts or adonbilivit
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by AriDsexy(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
I asked the same question until a friend said he does...I couldn't stop shouting.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Danhumprey: 6:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
majekdom2: THAT ANIMAL CALLED BAT SHOULD BE MADE EXTINCT.IT HAS GOT NO USE ; SUCKS BLOOD , SEES ONLY IN THE DARK , NOW TRANSMITS VIRUS ! ITS REALLY EVIL.
Do bats really suck blood? Or is that a mere myths you've been hearing? Can you prove that bats suck blood?undecided

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by ceejayluv(m): 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
shadrach77: I counted 20 Ebola related topics currently featuring on the front page, including the two that have been added in the last one hour. Now we need to spread hope not fear. Okay, there is an outbreak but the continual reporting is an attempt by the west to paint Africa in a bad light. I can't remember them reporting vigourously when "bird flu" epidemic was spreading all around Europe. Let's be wise and desist from helping them in denigrating our continent angry angry angry angry
Dude, the bird flu, SARS and swine flu epidemics were equally publicised. Quit looking for cheap fodders for your conspiracy theories....
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by odiyaka(m): 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
One man's poison is another's ...
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
nekaa: I wonder o!
Then I guess we have less things to worry about. My younger sister said "provided the whole China didn't die from SARS, that Nigeria would survive Ebola." and I totally agree with her.

China is too far, guinea's death record is not up to a thousand yet and people still get treatment and gets better

we just over hyped this Ebola too much
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Danhumprey: 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tucees: On the contrary its quiet useful in keeping the eco system balanced! If bats were to go extinct humans may have a problem of too many insects and co to contend with. No animal is useless (except bedbugs IMO)every one of them snakes included have one thing or the other that makes our very existence comfortable and bearable.
You are right.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by ogaprime(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yungwizzzy: The phobia nairaland is creating about this Ebola kills faster than the virus

Bros, let nairaland create de hype. Do u knw dat sum pple still dnt believe dat AIDS is real. Nigerians don't fear things until it starts killing them. So let de hype be created so dat de awareness will be dir, bt wisdom is needed in all things...

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by ceejayluv(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danhumprey: Do bats really suck blood? Or is that a mere myths you've been hearing? Can you prove that bats suck blood?undecided
Google "vampire bat" and see for yourself. Mind you, there are various subspecies of bats.... most eat insects and fruits... The fruit bat is the ebola culprit.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by opportunist: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dis ebola of a tin don wan spoil ma bat meat business. Okay I go claim say na goat meat
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Danhumprey: 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
iwakolewa: THAT ANIMAL CALLED BAT SHOULD BE MADE EXTINCT.IT HAS GOT NO USE ; SUCKS BLOOD , SEES ONLY IN THE DARK , NOW TRANSMITS VIRUS ! ITS REALLY EVIL.
as in ehn!!!! I've always hated bats angry angry
Ma'am,do you wanna learn how to quote a post on Nairaland? I can teach you that.smiley
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by dnawah(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
then wat will happen to Batman?no let my nephew hear this from u,he will shoot u with his batman gun.Batman forevergrin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danhumprey: Do bats really suck blood? Or is that a mere myths you've been hearing? Can you prove that bats suck blood?undecided
yea , they do . seen it on natgeowild.
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Danhumprey: 6:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
ceejayluv:
Google "vampire bat" and see for yourself. Mind you, there are various subspecies of bats.... most eat insects and fruits... The fruit bat is the ebola culprit.
Bats do suck human blood?shocked
Re: Ebola Facts [Timeless Magazine] by Danhumprey: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
majekdom2: yea , they do . seen it on natgeowild.
Chai?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.