Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,761 members, 7,889,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) (16869 Views)

Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? / What Do You Like About Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
my dad was so mean to us dat I thought this thing can't be my father,but he changed along the line.my question .are all father the same?cos most of my friends complain of there's...so how strict n how close are you to your dad?mine is 3/20

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
pls don't just view....say something
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Caseless: 12:07am On Aug 10, 2014
I'm yet to see a father like mine. For the fact that i can open up and tell him everything i have done(bad maybe), and ask for his prayers to keep me frm repeating it again and, he wld assure me of his prayer without any hard feeling towards me...makes him less strict and best 'father in d world'.

13 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Jennydoris(f): 1:03am On Aug 10, 2014
caseless: I'm yet to see a father like mine. For the fact that i can open up and tell him everything i have done(bad maybe), and ask for his prayers to keep me frm repeating it again and, he wld assure me of his prayer without any hard feeling towards me...makes him less strict and best 'father in d world'.

That's a difference case altogether. A strict father is always a loving father. Mine is so strict that we fear him more than my mum but then he is more understanding, loving and caring to the core. He hardly allows us to mingle with people especially the opposite sex, I mean I and my sisters. He hardly flogs or spanks us but his scary looking eyes when ever we are doing something that is not pleasing in his sight is more great a flog or spank. Those days in primary and secondary school once your teacher gives u a text or class exercise and you fail like three or more of the questions you are very sure to get the exact of that number of questions that you failed. It even worsens if you didn't do your correction(s). That's a double wahala for your buttocks. grin. Seriously it wasn't funny. We feared him to the extent that we hardly request for money from him rather we have to go through my mum. We are always happy when ever he travels and changes our mood when he returns or is about to. But all these didn't stop him from loving us. He buys more sweet items for us than my mum. Even when he flogs u he will call u close and say one sweet words like "Nne or Nna please don't do this again" am doing all this for your own good" u won't understand it now but in the nearest future you definitely will" and he will say sorry." those words alone are so soothing and comforting. But seriously my mum will not flog u and tell u sorry rather she will find another means to give u another round of beating shocked. Lol. She is also lovely and caring but not like my dad. Then in our neighbourhood my dad is the only father that goes to market and buys clothes for his children. Well he may not be the only one but am sure he is among the very few. Now we understand more why he does all of his actions then and so I and my siblings grew more fond of him that we wish forever to see him every minute of our life's. So u see been strict is a different thing altogether. Mine is strict but it's a lovely 'strictness' lol. That's if there is a word like that. I love my dad and I also love my mum because she will forever be my besty and confidante. I pray God to give me a man like my father that will help in raising my heavenly kids with me. I rate my papa 10/20.

36 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Kanwulia: 2:03am On Aug 10, 2014
Well, mine was strict.
They are all the same. Taking out their frustrations on their children for being children.
But I now understand that like MANY OTHER AFRICAN PARENTS. . . he was just frustrated with life in NIGERIA. grin
Most of the 'strictness' you see in many parents is all about 'BROKE WEATHER'!
No pepper for pocket! grin

Poor things!
Na poverty. . . just pity them.
They need love. cheesy

But I was VERY CLOSE TO MY DAD . . . even more than my mom. . . .10/10!!!!! cool

27 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by GboyegaD(m): 2:51am On Aug 10, 2014
Mine was very strict at first but as we grew older he relaxed.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 10, 2014
my father is not really strict, more like firm when he wants to be....
maybe because i'm really close to him. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by ceo4eva: 4:50am On Aug 10, 2014
Very Strict!
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by ALOBAM: 4:51am On Aug 10, 2014
angry angry angry angry if i talk na die b dat angry angry angry angry

9 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Truckpusher(m): 4:53am On Aug 10, 2014
My Dad was so strict that even when I was done with school and started working ,he wanted me to hand over my salary to him for safe keeping.

Omo! no be small fight oh ,the man self fear him head say this 'yes sir boy' dun grow wings finish grin

Na so I take get independence till tomorrow grin

10 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by 1stola: 4:54am On Aug 10, 2014
My father was my first best friend.

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by LMAyedun(m): 4:55am On Aug 10, 2014
My Dad was very strict.
ThankGod & him for those EXPLANATORY, FORMATTING & RESOUNDING SLAPS.

R I P Dad!

11 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by MrRhymes101(m): 4:55am On Aug 10, 2014
Not so strict

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by DEGREE2466(m): 4:55am On Aug 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

That's a difference case altogether. A strict father is always a loving father. Mine is so strict that we fear him more than my mum but then he is more understanding, loving and caring to the core. He hardly allows us to mingle with people especially the opposite sex, I mean I and my sisters. He hardly flogs or spanks us but his scary looking eyes when ever we are doing something that is not pleasing in his sight is more great a flog or spank. Those days in primary and secondary school once your teacher gives u a text or class exercise and you fail like three or more of the questions you are very sure to get the exact of that number of questions that you failed. It even worsens if you didn't do your correction(s). That's a double wahala for your buttocks. grin. Seriously it wasn't funny. We feared him to the extent that we hardly request for money from him rather we have to go through my mum. We are always happy when ever he travels and changes our mood when he returns or is about to. But all these didn't stop him from loving us. He buys more sweet items for us than my mum. Even when he flogs u he will call u close and say one sweet words like "Nne or Nna please don't do this again" am doing all this for your own good" u won't understand it now but in the nearest future you definitely will" and he will say sorry." those words alone are so soothing and comforting. But seriously my mum will not flog u and tell u sorry rather she will find another means to give u another round of beating shocked. Lol. She is also lovely and caring but not like my dad. Then in our neighbourhood my dad is the only father that goes to market and buys clothes for his children. Well he may not be the only one but am sure he is among the very few. Now we understand more why he does all of his actions then and so I and my siblings grew more fond of him that we wish forever to see him every minute of our life's. So u see been strict is a different thing altogether. Mine is strict but it's a lovely 'strictness' lol. That's if there is a word like that. I love my dad and I also love my mum because she will forever be my besty and confidante. I pray God to give me a man like my father that will help in raising my heavenly kids with me. I rate my papa 1/20.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Kalvan500: 4:56am On Aug 10, 2014
Not strict at all. Never raised his voice or his hands.

My mother on the other hand...

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by DEGREE2466(m): 4:59am On Aug 10, 2014
LMAyedun: My Dad was very strike.
ThankGod & him for those slaps those days.

Mine was very ASUU too. Infact if he thunders you eeh! You will score goal like messi

23 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by xp17(m): 5:01am On Aug 10, 2014
old boy was like ripe plantain, he can't even kill a fly.

20/20 for him , even in the under world

4 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 10, 2014
lmao
DEGREE2466:

Mine was very ASUU too. Infact if he thunders you eeh! You will score goal like messi

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 10, 2014
He wasn't very strict, my mum was the general even her stare felt like punishment.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by CharlieMaria(m): 5:06am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 10, 2014
LMAyedun: My Dad was very strike.
ThankGod & him for those slaps those days.

Is your father the ASUU president?

10 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 10, 2014
Not that strict.

Learn How to Invest at profitng and earn 50% profit every 20days... www.profitng.com
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by hensben(m): 5:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

That's a difference case altogether. A strict father is always a loving father. Mine is so strict that we fear him more than my mum but then he is more understanding, loving and caring to the core. He hardly allows us to mingle with people especially the opposite sex, I mean I and my sisters. He hardly flogs or spanks us but his scary looking eyes when ever we are doing something that is not pleasing in his sight is more great a flog or spank. Those days in primary and secondary school once your teacher gives u a text or class exercise and you fail like three or more of the questions you are very sure to get the exact of that number of questions that you failed. It even worsens if you didn't do your correction(s). That's a double wahala for your buttocks. grin. Seriously it wasn't funny. We feared him to the extent that we hardly request for money from him rather we have to go through my mum. We are always happy when ever he travels and changes our mood when he returns or is about to. But all these didn't stop him from loving us. He buys more sweet items for us than my mum. Even when he flogs u he will call u close and say one sweet words like "Nne or Nna please don't do this again" am doing all this for your own good" u won't understand it now but in the nearest future you definitely will" and he will say sorry." those words alone are so soothing and comforting. But seriously my mum will not flog u and tell u sorry rather she will find another means to give u another round of beating shocked. Lol. She is also lovely and caring but not like my dad. Then in our neighbourhood my dad is the only father that goes to market and buys clothes for his children. Well he may not be the only one but am sure he is among the very few. Now we understand more why he does all of his actions then and so I and my siblings grew more fond of him that we wish forever to see him every minute of our life's. So u see been strict is a different thing altogether. Mine is strict but it's a lovely 'strictness' lol. That's if there is a word like that. I love my dad and I also love my mum because she will forever be my besty and confidante. I pray God to give me a man like my father that will help in raising my heavenly kids with me. I rate my papa 10/20.
Wow! as strict as ur father you still rate him 10/20 which is credit *C*..maka why?

If you are to be lecturer student will hardly score *A* in your course.

5 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 10, 2014
bjayy: strict
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by hensben(m): 5:13am On Aug 10, 2014
Well, i dont know if i am to say my father is strict or stubborn.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by sunnywhyt(m): 5:15am On Aug 10, 2014
My papa strict lyk kilode,but my mum knows how to calm him down...love my mum/

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by ElPhenomenal(m): 5:19am On Aug 10, 2014
Mine was very strict I could hardly look him in the eye when having a conversation,lost him on the 9th of May and I miss him..RIP dad

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by timilehing(m): 5:19am On Aug 10, 2014
As a kid, we all thougth Dad was a mean man but he always give us an advice "A man that live without principle will die without honour" . We adopt to that strict principles and now nko?? we're living an envious life.

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by bunmioguns(m): 5:20am On Aug 10, 2014
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by pinkytee(f): 5:22am On Aug 10, 2014
Hmmm,my own dad is abacha of his time jst as my friends call him,he is so strict that he choose friends for I and my siblings,thou I knw it for our good because he was scared their influence will affect us,bt I grow up to love him for that
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by mykemiley(f): 5:23am On Aug 10, 2014
Jennydoris:

SAME WIT MA DAD.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by IdeaCashKid(m): 5:26am On Aug 10, 2014
DEGREE2466:

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Belgian Discovers His Wife Used To Be A Man After 19 Years! / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.