Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,792 members, 7,889,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:45 PM

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) (16871 Views)

Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? / What Do You Like About Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by timilehing(m): 5:29am On Aug 10, 2014
nna ehnnn!! My papa na tracker, no matter where i went after school, he'll know without leaving his work place. It took me so long to figure out he placed Undercover agents (neighbours) around to monitor my movement

5 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Ansasan(f): 5:32am On Aug 10, 2014
Coincidentally we discussed dis in my hus yesterday.my father wasn't /isn't strict.quite playful n very friendly. my mum! Ha,she always tells us of her fada who had '8 mouth of koboko' just for beating. shocked
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by timilehing(m): 5:34am On Aug 10, 2014
]Kids will always want to rebel but a good spanking can save their life. I was so stubborn that my Dad flog me with anything his hand grabs: cane, rod, iron bar, orogun, even knife.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by 19naia(m): 5:43am On Aug 10, 2014
Strict is an understatement, calling the man strict is like saying he is sweet puff puff the young girl is selling from her head pan..
He is Koboko born into flesh, he is the senseless drive to push for pushing sake, even over the cliff of madness so that i will never know rest..

But still we are curious about how the man manages without rest for himself? As he ages, the koboko of his existence has not softened or frayed or decayed so readily.. Hmm its an enigma defying the odds that some one can live so long under such hard tension swinging himself like a Koboko Machine that never runs out of fuel and never softens or frays or breaks..

Dont worry about me my friends, because as soon as he had toughened my skinny carcass up enough to work to afford to buy an airline ticket. i flew to the other side of the earth so that when i am awake in the day, he is sleeping in the night ,and when i am sleeping in the night, he is working and waxing his koboko in the day..

Yes decades have passed since and i don't mind at all or find problem with a life of knowing how to enjoy taking it easy and not worry to be so proper and on the strict course koboko tries to drive me on.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by kobonaire(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2014
Some oyimbo children are reading the stories here of strict Naija papas and crying tears of fear even though no be their soft papa.

4 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Dreyl(m): 5:48am On Aug 10, 2014
My Dad is a no nonsense man,what i fear most is his thunderz slap then,that slap can reset ur destiny twice.

9 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 10, 2014
dstnd: my dad was so mean to us dat I thought this thing can't be my father,but he changed along the line.my question .are all father the same?cos most of my friends complain of there's...so how strict n how close are you to your dad?mine is 3/20
He was a paramiltary !!
Just figure the rest by yourself .... Cuz the training session is virtually everyday even when I no be security agent ! grin

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by ugoezeik(m): 5:52am On Aug 10, 2014
seun so u allow dis trash make frontpage ehh? Nairaland will soon b hack again

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by alaladakosta(f): 5:52am On Aug 10, 2014
Well, I was raised by my stepdad .if u want to know how strict he was.please....

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 10, 2014
Dreyl: My Dad is a no nonsense man,what i fear most is his thunderz slap then,that slap can reset ur destiny twice.
grin ..... E reach ya side too , kikiki .... The guy really was on a mission to reconfigure my cheeks but thanks to my mama who offload me to my GranMa for some cool, soft trainings !!

Ihm no wan know say A bum Civilian !
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by tintingz(m): 5:56am On Aug 10, 2014
All fathers are strict in one or the other and it is because they want the best for their kids.

strict does not mean hate or wicked but discipline.

...but some fathers are over strict no caring at all no love and anything "over" is not good.

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Isiterere(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2014
my dad is very strict to my other siblings; I will give him 8/10 but to me (being the last born ) 0/10. Very soft and gentle likewise my mum . All my dad toughness has expired before I began crawling.
They both trust my judgement despite the excessive freedom they gave me(am not spoilt though )

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Divinehenrich(m): 5:59am On Aug 10, 2014
My dad was strict when we are still young. I remember how he used to flog us. He will raise us up with one hand in such a way you will be on d air while d flogging is going on. But b4 he flog us in an act, he must have warn us upto 3 times. My dad is a wonderful man. I love him. I score him 14/20. My mum is kind, humble, caring and industrious. I pray and wish to have such type of woman as my wife.

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by holyboss: 6:02am On Aug 10, 2014
Wait lemme ask him grin
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:05am On Aug 10, 2014
Truckpusher: My Dad was so strict that even when I was done with school and started working ,he wanted me to hand over my salary to him for safe keeping.

Omo! no be small fight oh ,the man self fear him head say this 'yes sir boy' dun grow wings finish grin

Na so I take get independence till tomorrow grin
cheesy him dey afraid say dis guy fit beat me nd take him truck carry me go troway ...cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by sisiafrika(f): 6:08am On Aug 10, 2014
25/20. So diplomatic and simple a man yet no soul have I seen mess with him. Mum on the other hand, hmmm. Parents need to be careful. No matter how strict u are, show ur kids u love them. It has a lot to do with their self esteem.
This is 21st and not stone age.
Abeg, I rep my dad jare. You will live long in good health to see ur greatgrand children. Same to mum sha, at least, age has a way of softning peoples heart.
Care is different from love.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by bastien: 6:10am On Aug 10, 2014
Ma dad is better strict ooh.....only him shout n voice fit flog u cane....inshort all military men her,dey don't care how old u are,u are not bigger than der rules and ordee cry

Click like if ur dad is a military manman wink

3 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by LMAyedun(m): 6:12am On Aug 10, 2014
J12:

Is your father the ASUU president?
Yes! Nasir Fagge.
Ode!! grin

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:14am On Aug 10, 2014
My dad was strict wen we ar growing up jst 4 us no to get spoilt but now he's our best frnd,same method I will use 4 my children too
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by onajison(m): 6:14am On Aug 10, 2014
My pupsy was very strick, infact I wish he travel'd out @ tyms. Over strick the worry am. Mine too wanted 2 be handling my salary cus he feels I was going 2 be wasting it. Infact 2/20 angry
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by rexbuton: 6:14am On Aug 10, 2014
In his own words. " I'm not strict or harsh, civilians are generally undisciplined"

7 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by LMAyedun(m): 6:16am On Aug 10, 2014
DEGREE2466:

Mine was very ASUU too. Infact if he thunders you eeh! You will score goal like messi
LOL!! grin
Another Ode.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Blackchampion(m): 6:17am On Aug 10, 2014
Very strict wen we wia tender, but dat changed a little while we grow.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by lebesgue(m): 6:21am On Aug 10, 2014
Where do I start?

1. As soon as my siblings and I heard the sound of our father's car pulling up into the driveway, the fear of God would immediately overwhelm the whole house. We would start to fan and blow the TV and VCR because we did not want him to know that we had been watching movies for so long.

2. We almost never went outside, and woe betided any friend who unfortunately visited us.

3. Whenever he would call any of our names, our blood pressures would simultaneously rise.

4. When it came to beatings, my father was second to none. Full body assault behind closed doors. My father would beat the essence of life out of us.

5. He was a cold-a*s mean motherfu**er and I will never treat my children the way he treated us. Luckily, my mother made up for it in terms of overwhelming love. I give my father a 1/20.

6 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 10, 2014
Na my dad be the original Idi Amin, mine is fake abi na junior. That name was given to him by his friends for being a tough guy and a great disciplinarian too. I will say this, I couldn't have been a successful guy if not for my upbringing courtesy of him and my floggy floggy teacher-mumise aside Baba God. Chai, that woman really whooped my ass cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dayosaurus(m): 6:29am On Aug 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Well, mine was strict.
They are all the same. Taking out their frustrations on their children for being children.
But I now understand that like MANY OTHER AFRICAN PARENTS. . . he was just frustrated with life in NIGERIA. grin
Most of the 'strictness' you see in many parents is all about 'BROKE WEATHER'!
No pepper for pocket! grin

Poor things!
Na poverty. . . just pity them.
They need love. cheesy

But I was VERY CLOSE TO MY DAD . . . even more than my mom. . . .10/10!!!!! cool

Not all are the same, nd not all take out their frustrations on their kids... Mmine was never rich but took us his children has his friends. if you see me discussing football teams with mmy dad u go laff, but there was a line n when u cross that line.. You urself would be beating yourself before he beats..... Me will never forget my pman

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by condralbede(m): 6:32am On Aug 10, 2014
I don't want to say how strict my Dad is here oooo....before he show here come arrange me one better programmed Slap lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by AdeniyiA(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2014
I must say that if you have a father or mother who's not strict i.e not a disciplinarian but one who pampers/over pampers you because of available wealth, you have a parenting clueless parent. And in fact does not love you or wants d best for you. All adults were once youths and I've come to realised that more than 90% of adults nowadays have regrets of one or more things they failed to do or were not taught while being in their youthful stage. Ask a lady who lost her husband to a good cook because of her cooking cluelessness if she has any regret.
No good parent would want his/her children to go through wrong upbringing they probably went through.
Juvenile delinquency nd youthful exuberance are major attributes which any child/youth would naturally wants to display, but it's now the job of the parents to curb the excesses. The Bible says the child a father loves he corrects and that if you spare the rod you'll spoil the child.
The Bible also went further to say that no discipline looks good at the beginning but pays off in the long run.
Difficulties, troubles, afflictions etc are all challenges, they bring out the best in us.
Lets all learn the act of parenting before going into marriage, you learn to fight before going into battle.....

4 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2014
Mine was inbetween.As a kid, There were tyms dat i and my siblings will pray for him to travel as kids. And oda tyms he will b so nice. And as a teenager,i was so happy to go to boarding house cos he was extremely strict especially to his daughters. And u enter im wahala or misbehave na beta cane u go receive And d shout for dat day nor go end. Bt nw as adults,he consults us for decisions and if u cn give him wat he wants,he will sing ur praises. Tho he is still harsh somdays. Bt nw we calm him dwn
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Kanwulia: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2014
dayosaurus:

Not all are the same, nd not all take out their frustrations on their kids... Mmine was never rich but took us his children has his friends. if you see me discussing football teams with mmy dad u go laff, but there was a line n when u cross that line.. You urself would be beating yourself before he beats..... Me will never forget my pman

I did not state 'all'. . . did I? undecided
Abeg make una dey read posts before una begin dey quote others!
Thanks in advance! kiss
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Fucck(m): 6:44am On Aug 10, 2014
Kanwulia's dad wasn't strict, we was lovely & caring though he died in 2010.
Kanwulia was devastated because of her father's death. cool cool cool
Kanwulia:
Who is this ijjjiot? undecided
Please, I have noticed you.
I will Die during sex like my father ! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by cpapa: 6:44am On Aug 10, 2014
shocked
pinkytee: Hmmm,my own dad is abacha of his time jst as my friends call him,he is so strict that he choose friends for I and my siblings,thou I knw it for our good because he was scared their influence will affect us,bt I grow up to love him for that
. My dad. Too was abacha of his time their was a day I and my bros played ball under d rain dis man so beat me he even put me inside d gutter most times if think about it I would say dis man would have been in d army because he wasted all his beating talent on me he is luvly father dats y we still hv d fear but children of now days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Belgian Discovers His Wife Used To Be A Man After 19 Years! / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.