Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,738 members, 7,905,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (845486 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
oghos2k: I applied on the 6ths of August via online route and i've not heard anything yet..
Will it be cool to email and ask status update on my application?

There is really no harm in asking. Worst case response is "be assured ur app is still in queue for review". Blah blah bla ....... When are u resuming? Since its also online u can make enquiries via the lagos visa office by email "lagos@international.gc.ca".

Note: the average processing time in lag is 21wks while Ghana is 9wks. Dont b disapointd if they say they are still processing ur App.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mohammedbashir: Pls I want to know how soon you can apply for sin no. With service after they must have given you study/work permit. House rent is about to start cutting a bro's neck.. Its a bit hard finding someone to share a room with and that's the genesis... Maybe for London alone.

Go to any service canada office close to you, you'll get your sin within 30 mins

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abbyjo: 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis: T

Thompson rivers university,kamloops

Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

If your resumption is January please chill alittle. But if this sept I gues u have to write them ASAP.

We are all waiting for the same GOLDEN MEDIC REQUEST.

God is aware of ur heart desire, so worry NOT.
thanks brova. Yeah its january,I'm calm tho,jes tot I shud express my concern. God Help Us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Holmes007:

There is really no harm in asking. Worst case response is "be assured ur app is still in queue for review". Blah blah bla ....... When are u resuming? Since its also online u can make enquiries via the lagos visa office by email "lagos@international.gc.ca".

Note: the average processing time in lag is 21wks while Ghana is 9wks. Dont b disapointd if they say they are still processing ur App.

For those that applied online, where is there application been process...lagos or ghana?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
Holmes007:

For those that applied online, where is there application been process....lagos or ghana
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

For those that applied online, where is there application been process....lagos or ghana
paper route is done in accra; according to the mail I got from vfs after my application and bio.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=Jaydenehis]

Thanks a lot for your response,the problem is that the school stated clearly that the $1500CAD is non-refundable that's why my hubby is thinking of us trying with it using a good sop then follow it up from there but I don't know if one denial reduces ones chances afterwards. Seriously in deep thoughts right now/quote]

/////

Like someone said ma, if ur msc was done in naija, u cud just take it out andtry the diploma with a good explanation but if not my opinion is dat u let d money go and focus on d pdg...still with a good sop u know. But that's still far better dan a msc holder going for a diploma; less dan bsc...doesn't look good at all.

As to if applying with d diploma nd God forbid u had to still re-apply with d pgd from d uni, well....it may show desperation to enter canny...ur best bet with ur level is to go for phd but since dat's not d case, I believe u still av chances with d pgd.

So painful dat d 1500cad is non-refundable...meehn, I always hate to hear dat non-refundable thing. All the best ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I think if ur tracking no has GHAN in it then its being processed in GHANA while if it has CALA then ur App is being processed in Lagos. Not so sure about the latter.

For me, i dont think it matters if u send emails to Lag or Accra since they work hand in hand. When i applied via paper i had issues tracking so i sent "lagos@international.gc.ca" an email and after 4 working days ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca replied me. So i think u can actually send emails to either offices, Lagos or Accra. for both paper and online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by basukajoe(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hi!
Does anyone in the house know where I can do biometrics?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
basukajoe: Hi!
Does anyone in the house know where I can do biometrics?
VFS global,Billings way,Oregun ikeja.Lagos state. Dunno anywhere else outside lagos,others can help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
tnuola:

Did you take your MSC in Nigeria?,or outside Nigeria? If it was in Nigeria you can exclude it from your app, and go for the pdg u already deposited for, but if it were outside the country the student visa will be on your passport and you would need to write a very convincing sop as to why you want to go for a pdg when you already have an MSC. Please don't panic or be confused just take your time and read excerpts of previous parts of the thread to know the best decision to make

Thanks a lot for your response. The masters was done in the uk and my student visa is there as evidence to the vo which is my fear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ok,thanks alot.i will reflect over all you've said.
mrnilobrawn:

Your application is really gona be complicated for VO dat will handle ur file. Having a masters degree in law and going for diploma (why not PhD) else there will be some question mark...plus ur hubby to accompany you...another question mark meaning your hubby will have to leave his job, follow u to canada and be doing what while u ar studying...baby daycare?..

My sincere advice
1. With ur qualifications nd work experience have you considered the skill Immigration stuff..should be quit easier for u and your hubby can travel along with u.

2. Keep your masters away from cic and apply with the diploma offer alone (without your hubby, invite him leta wen u ar settled) if the its related to your current job.

3. Use you masters to apply for the pgd alone (without your hubby, invite him leta wen u ar settled) though its still a lower qualification from what u already have, ur sop should fill in that notion.

NOTE: if it becomes imperative for your hubby to come along, i suggest u get ur medical doctor to issue u some report/recommendation to cic addressing the situation why your hubby should accompany u

Bear in mind that Applications are treated differently. This forum might not give you the best advice. But you will learn alot being here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tee12345(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis: Ok,thanks alot.i will reflect over all you've said.

If you can afford it, simply do a masters program in another or related discipline. That way, you don't have to hide anything from the VO. Many people doing 2nd Masters program in Canada.

I support that you apply alone 1st and let your hubby join you later. It serves as home ties when you apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Thanks a lot for your response. The masters was done in the uk and my student visa is there as evidence to the vo which is my fear

You're welcome ma'am. Just think well on which option suits best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
BaaleofMontreal:
Go to any service canada office close to you, you'll get your sin within 30 mins

just go to your school international office they will give you the site,and i think its up to one month to get your sin.check cic site its there also
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
eddydestiny:

just go to your school international office they will give you the site,and i think its up to one month to get your sin.check cic site its there also

100% Wrong Info

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by PlayPays: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mohammedbashir: Pls I want to know how soon you can apply for sin no. With service after they must have given you study/work permit. House rent is about to start cutting a bro's neck.. Its a bit hard finding someone to share a room with and that's the genesis... Maybe for London alone.

With the new study permit you would get your SIN at Service Canada in your city within some minutes.

Sharing a single room is almost not an ideal thing here in Canada unless for couples, the closest is sharing an apartment of 2or3 bedrooms which is always cheaper.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hello house, l have applied for my trv since July 17 and august 14 vfs told me too scan my recent bank statement of amount of 10, 000 dollar, in m account, and did, since den I have not recieve any call from them and I have not done my biometric, I was told I would be inform on when to do my biometric, everyone saying after applying dey wey told immediatelily to do biometric but mine is 2 month now, does it matter or is that the process, I sent Canada embassy a mail and dey replied me with

Hello,

Any correspondence will be sent directly to your email than automatically.

I realy don't understand anyone been through this part before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
eddydestiny:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
famolino:
Pdf, word, JPEG. Bt u know pdf is the most used form

Ok I think he scanned the docs in word format
Lemme list what I submited b4.
Admission letter from Congestoga.#I was given 2 courses I hope dis isn't a prob. Business foundation which runs from. Jan 2015 to Sept 2015 den Culinary Mangement from sept 15 to 17.
Documents submited the last time
Hubby's SOA*His salary and personal savings*
* he is my sponsor* I have printed up todate ones.
His affidavit of sponsorship.
My company's SOA *I coown a cake biz* with my mum.* I have printed uptodate pages. I also paid the school fees from this account
All past work letters and confirmation letters. I am now a SAHM. Stopped work last year. Facing my biz nw. Work full time @ my cake and desserts biz as semi pastry chef and cake decorator/manger.
My company papers.
My daughter's birth c* she is an american* n copy of her PP
Copy of hubby's pp
His BC
My dad's land docs * my company's office is at my parents house.
My hubby work docs too.
Den some publication I had done for thisday mag via my cake biz for my biz.. I did some writeups for a section sometime in 2011..
Added docs now
Statement of purpose
Receipt of school fees.
And I have a valid US visa on my pp.

Please is this okay to submit. Want to submit this night. Thanks good people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2014
stayboy1602: Hello house, l have applied for my trv since July 17 and august 14 vfs told me too scan my recent bank statement of amount of 10, 000 dollar, in m account, and did, since den I have not recieve any call from them and I have not done my biometric, I was told I would be inform on when to do my biometric, everyone saying after applying dey wey told immediatelily to do biometric but mine is 2 month now, does it matter or is that the process, I sent Canada embassy a mail and dey replied me with

Hello,

Any correspondence will be sent directly to your email than automatically.

I realy don't understand anyone been through this part before

State the email address that sent you the request to provide $10,000 statement of account and if possible copy and paste the message here lets see (plz delet personal info), d once u replied to, and the one that replied u after u sent embassy d mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
My CGPA from my under grad is very poor,2.17 and although I was accepted in d uk for my masters because I did well in law school and had good work experience,i'm told all that doesn't count in canada as the undergrad is the most important which means there was no point doing my LLM and so the best I can get is a PGD to start afresh which is what I want to do with a diploma or PGD.
tee12345:

If you can afford it, simply do a masters program in another or related discipline. That way, you don't have to hide anything from the VO. Many people doing 2nd Masters program in Canada.

I support that you apply alone 1st and let your hubby join you later. It serves as home ties when you apply.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis: My CGPA from my under grad is very poor,2.17 and although I was accepted in d uk for my masters because I did well in law school and had good work experience,i'm told all that doesn't count in canada as the undergrad is the most important which means there was no point doing my LLM and so the best I can get is a PGD to start afresh which is what I want to do with a diploma or PGD.
#viola!!! If u ask me,dats all the point u need to articulate in ur SOP to convince the VO and then u can go with the course u've made a deposit for already. I stand to be corrected by the experienced folks in the house. Wish u the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by AMG: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
@realone
Nice one bro, he shld just commit everything into God's hand since he has submitted already. I kno of a friend that submitted loa, company's registration doc, soa, n 1 of his dad landed property n he has been called for medical now n he is waiting for the result, without adding d letter or affidavit of sponsorship, he did not include any of his credentials, he even told dem he is currently working without showing any proof.

Can you please tell me if that your friend use agent or not.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 12:31am On Sep 17, 2014
He packaged d app himself, but try to get all the necessary supporting documents. Cause all apps are not treated d same way
AMG: @realone
Nice one bro, he shld just commit everything into God's hand since he has submitted already. I kno of a friend that submitted loa, company's registration doc, soa, n 1 of his dad landed property n he has been called for medical now n he is waiting for the result, without adding d letter or affidavit of sponsorship, he did not include any of his credentials, he even told dem he is currently working without showing any proof.

Can you please tell me if that your friend use agent or not.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 12:52am On Sep 17, 2014
realone01: He packaged d app himself, but try to get all the necessary supporting documents. Cause all apps are not treated d same way

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 1:38am On Sep 17, 2014
Jaydenehis: My CGPA from my under grad is very poor,2.17 and although I was accepted in d uk for my masters because I did well in law school and had good work experience,[s]i'm told all that doesn't count in canada[/s] as the undergrad is the most important which means there was no point doing my LLM and so the best I can get is a PGD to start afresh which is what I want to do with a diploma or PGD.

Who gave you this kind of info [s]i'm told all that doesn't count in canada[/s] did you enquir your self from the school in canada or u acted base on hear say.

I think the bold statement should stand out alot. To me it will get you into any spot in canada. U should go for something higher dont under rate what you have oo especially with ur added work experience...haa..How about MBA or http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 17, 2014
awe2015: Hello fellow nairalanders... Please must i include my sponsor's international passport? I have his statement of account, tax docs, affidavit and letter of sponsorship, and his landed properties... btw, he is an uncle. Please slimdel, amefrica, abeg, make una join mouth for this one!
Please include it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tee12345(m): 5:51am On Sep 17, 2014
Jaydenehis: My CGPA from my under grad is very poor,2.17 and although I was accepted in d uk for my masters because I did well in law school and had good work experience,i'm told all that doesn't count in canada as the undergrad is the most important which means there was no point doing my LLM and so the best I can get is a PGD to start afresh which is what I want to do with a diploma or PGD.

Don't underrate yourself. There are schools that will accept you using your qualifications (not all). Some schools will ask you to do prequalifying for a year and then move on to the real deal if you do well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2014
please house... is it possible to make deposits in canadian dollars having us dollars in your dollar account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.