Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,740 members, 7,905,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 05:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (845522 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Siga:
1)Police report in alagbon. What are the documents I need to get it. ---------- No Idea

2)Also, the issue of affidavit that my sponsor would support me, I guess it is over kill. Wouldn't a signed letter just do? ---- Get it done at High Court... Don't be lazy...

3)Letter of introduction from sponsor, please what should be the content. Employment history, relationship to me, and what else can fit into it. --- Everything about how he is proud of you and willing to be part of your success story... Depends on who he is to you... that will channel what he has to write...If na ur Uncle or Aunt... Dem fit claim ur parents sponsored them when they were young....so they are given back to your parents...

1, ur international passport data page photocopy and two passport photograph. Go with 5k naira
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Siga:
1)Police report in alagbon. What are the documents I need to get it. ---------- No Idea

2)Also, the issue of affidavit that my sponsor would support me, I guess it is over kill. Wouldn't a signed letter just do? ---- Get it done at High Court... Don't be lazy...

3)Letter of introduction from sponsor, please what should be the content. Employment history, relationship to me, and what else can fit into it. --- Everything about how he is proud of you and willing to be part of your success story... Depends on who he is to you... that will channel what he has to write...If na ur Uncle or Aunt... Dem fit claim ur parents sponsored them when they were young....so they are given back to your parents...

Thank you sir. I am not actually lazy as such but mi o fe d'agba laamu. Thanks a lot. Anyone else please. Documents I need to take to alagbon?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
akosh005:

1, ur international passport data page photocopy and two passport photograph. Go with 5k naira

Oh! Thanks! 5K made me scratch my head a little bit. Seems the men in black have graduated from the 20box egunje mindset. Been a while I have dealt with them though. Thanks alot!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
pchax:

Oh! Thanks! 5K made me scratch my head a little bit. Seems the men in black have graduated from the 20box egunje mindset. Been a while I have dealt with them though. Thanks alot!

It actually depends on ur negotiation skills. U can get it for 3k (min). But to be on a safe side hold 5k(max). Shine ur eyes oh, doze guyz aint smiling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Canada Embassy with dier delay sha...
My app was approved 2weeks ago and az bin dispatched since lastweek monday. No mail or SMS to show that my app as arrived Lagos, so i decided to travel down to lagos today and check if it as arrived lagos, but on getting to VFS office today, the attendant told me that when my app arrived that they would send me an SMS to notify me and more so, they are expecting some packages to arrive later during week. I just pray mine will be among.
Class don start since Sept 8 cry

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Holmes007:

I would advice u pick the option that would be more lucrative. Dont forget to show proof of any option u pick. In fact the letter must state y u are their main asset.

Good evening house,
My admission letter from d university where I also applied to was sent to my box just now and it is for PGD human resource management but the start date is May 5th. I don't know if I should take the risk with the diploma in business administration that starts in January then God forbid any problems, the PGD can then be used to reapply or do I just pay the $9kCAD required by this uni and apply with the PGD? Please I really need your honest opinions, God bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by testional(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
testional: One love, folks , please am in need of IELT
S materials, any assistance will be appreciated. My mail is agbagwarakingsley@gmail.com. Thanks
@ Gabriel I got your mail and @ chioma jesus your mail was truncated,Please may you send your massage again, But all the same an grateful for you guys responds and asking to God to reward you guys,amen. Still need more info on it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by testional(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
Testional]One love, folks , please am in need of IELT
S materials, any assistance will be appreciated. My mail is agbagwarakingsley@gmail.com. Thanks. ]@ Gabriel I got your mail and @ chioma jesus your mail was truncated,Please may you send your massage again, But all the same an grateful for you guys responds and asking to God to reward you guys,amen. Still need more info on it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kudanis(m): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please, is it advisable to do medical instead of waiting for medical call-up from CIC? If yes, how will the result be sent to CIC? I applied 30th July and I haven't heard from and my program is not deferable.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by testional(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gabriel I got your mail and @ chioma jesus your mail was truncated,Please may you send your massage again, But all the same an grateful for you guys responds and asking to God to reward you guys,amen. Still need more info on it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kudanis: Please, is it advisable to do medical instead of waiting for medical call-up from CIC? If yes, how will the result be sent to CIC? I applied 30th July and I haven't heard from and my program is not deferable.

Bro, I will advise u wait till the end of dis week.....positive news to u bro. To ur question, I don't tink is possible to go 4 medical without instruction fromcic except prior to ur submission. All is well

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
duntano:

Please I would really appreciate some replies.
Thanks people..
As oga siga never reply u, mak I chip in somtin. Online route is okay and allows u to upload documents (4MG per section, u scan your original documents and upload). Paper route as people here have been saying is also fast now (u package in envelope and submit original documents tru mail). In all, applications varies. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by awe2015(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
thanks bro grin

Amefrica:

It ain't necessary! You're good. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
akanni: @siga, wetin u advise? My application has not yet been treated and my school mandated i be around for orientation program, this wednesday, while classes starts on monday.My advisor said if i don't make orientation and start of class,i will be removed from my registered courses.Anyway, my question now is if i have been removed from my courses and they ask me to go for medicals and thereafter submit my passport for the visa, how do i handle this especially at POE?
brother, pls do I need to have to contact an advisor from my dept to be qualified to apply at the UoM? anticipating civil engineering.
kindly detail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 1:47am On Sep 16, 2014
famolino:
As oga siga never reply u, mak I chip in somtin. Online route is okay and allows u to upload documents (4MG per section, u scan your original documents and upload). Paper route as people here have been saying is also fast now (u package in envelope and submit original documents tru mail). In all, applications varies. All the best

ThanKs a lot. Well I guess mr siga doesn't wamt to reply me. But no biggie.. Its d 4mb part dats my issue . Ve scanned my docs will just ask my hubby to do d uploading part so I don't make any mistakes.thx @famolino.
I guess I will try the online route this time n pray for the best.but pls do u know d accepted forms of files like is it only pdf dats accepted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Good evening house,
My admission letter from d university where I also applied to was sent to my box just now and it is for PGD human resource management but the start date is May 5th. I don't know if I should take the risk with the diploma in business administration that starts in January then God forbid any problems, the PGD can then be used to reapply or do I just pay the $9kCAD required by this uni and apply with the PGD? Please I really need your honest opinions, God bless you all

/////
I'll advise u wait till like february and appply for ur trv with d uni admission. That's just 5months away bro. This will give u ample time to learn and prepare a 'perfect' application. I know dat feeling of wanting to leave our beloved Nigeria to go study in Canada to come and make things better here hun #winks.....but for many reasons pls chill till february.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Finestlex: to everyone coming to Canny, please convert your money to USD and bring it over. i don't know much about dollar account in naija. i use GT bank. my money is in naira. i use my naira master card here. each time i make a withdrawal here, i'm being charged $2 for canadian atm and GT bank charges me N420. and the highest i can withdraw at a time is $400. if i need $1k, i have to make three withdrawals and i loose $2 for each ie $6 and then N1260 from GT bank charges. its killing.. don't fall a victim

you can withdraw $1000 at once from Bank of Scotia ATM with GTB card

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Bobbieydeey: gist us on ur journey na
Journey wasn't bad as such, apart from the long flight. Took Egypt air and was cool. Though he go wan do you like make you peep say, we never still reach? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 6:16am On Sep 16, 2014
ferdimako:
bros, how do they write or do the assignments?
Depending on the school but mostly submission is through soft copies to the course drop box.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 6:18am On Sep 16, 2014
grin
BaaleofMontreal:

grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
I'll advise u wait till like february and appply for ur trv with d uni admission. That's just 5months away bro. This will give u ample time to learn and prepare a 'perfect' application. I know dat feeling of wanting to leave our beloved Nigeria to go study in Canada to come and make things better here hun #winks.....but for many reasons pls chill till february.

Thanks for your response,the problem is that we already paid $1500CAD to the college as deposit and so my husband(i'm a girl) wants us to try with that.i'm trying to know if God4bid we don't get it, does an initial rejection reduce our chances if we later reapply with the university or do we just let go of the 1500deposit to the college and wait for the university?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 6:52am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=fxsly]

i have reply your mail just Check
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Klinkiddy: Canada Embassy with dier delay sha...
My app was approved 2weeks ago and az bin dispatched since lastweek monday. No mail or SMS to show that my app as arrived Lagos, so i decided to travel down to lagos today and check if it as arrived lagos, but on getting to VFS office today, the attendant told me that when my app arrived that they would send me an SMS to notify me and more so, they are expecting some packages to arrive later during week. I just pray mine will be among.
Class don start since Sept 8 cry

Thats kinda weird. They never sent any sms or email to me though but i paid for it when i applied. I just stormed their office a day after i received notification that my processed passport has been dispatched to VAC and in just 30secs upon arrival at their office i was on my way out with my package. Send vfs "info.cannig@vfshelpline.com" an email this morning, they respond on time just to know what is going on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 7:48am On Sep 16, 2014
pchax:

I suggest you go with more than 5k...I collected mine for 5k5 and I went with a uniform personell so u Fit carry like 8k to be on the safer side
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=eddydestiny][/quote]
u got a mail sir. try and add me up cos i want to make a move this morning but i need to have a close communication before i make mistakes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Good evening house,

Ur chances are higher with the PGD if u declare to cic that u hold a Master's degree. If decide to go for the diploma after declaring u have Masters then ur chances are slim (u will need to do alot of convincing). If ur PGD is starting May, u can apply before the end of this year provided u have all required docs ready. They can grant u Visa 3 months before your start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Thanks for your response,the problem is that we already paid $1500CAD to the college as deposit and so my husband(i'm a girl) wants us to try with that.i'm trying to know if God4bid we don't get it, does an initial rejection reduce our chances if we later reapply with the university or do we just let go of the 1500deposit to the college and wait for the university?

/////
Ouch! Its painful u've paid to d college. That's about 220knaira. I think its better to play safe by focusing on the uni. You cud try telling d college u'r transfering to anoda institution so u can withdraw. I think u shud get a refund like dat. Definitely not all though but at least u won't loose d whole 1500cad. All d best....and remember dat even with d fact dat u'r going for pgd after a msc still kinda raises a flag, so u gats convince d vo well with a good sop and docs....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by abbyjo: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Good evening house,

Intrested in HR, pls wat sch is ddis ma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2014
tweeny24:

I suggest you go with more than 5k...I collected mine for 5k5 and I went with a uniform personell so u Fit carry like 8k to be on the safer side

Did mine on Friday, 6k.
I negotiated from 6k5 to 6k.
As i want still negotiate 5k, bros the ASP as me," GUY U WAN ENTER CELL".

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 9:42am On Sep 16, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
Ouch! Its painful u've paid to d college. That's about 220knaira. I think its better to play safe by focusing on the uni. You cud try telling d college u'r transfering to anoda institution so u can withdraw. I think u shud get a refund like dat. Definitely not all though but at least u won't loose d whole 1500cad. All d best....and remember dat even with d fact dat u'r going for pgd after a msc still kinda raises a flag, so u gats convince d vo well with a good sop and docs....

Thanks a lot for your response,the problem is that the school stated clearly that the $1500CAD is non-refundable that's why my hubby is thinking of us trying with it using a good sop then follow it up from there but I don't know if one denial reduces ones chances afterwards. Seriously in deep thoughts right now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2014
T
abbyjo:

Intrested in HR, pls wat sch is ddis ma?

Thompson rivers university,kamloops
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2014
millymc: Abeg make una no vex o ogas in the house .I have a big problem n m looking for a way to go about it....If u want laff ,laff o because its funny,buh help me out sha.I got admission,got my admission letter and other docs ready o,to submit at the vsf office,someone told me to apply online and then submit the paper docs at the vsf office.well to cut it short I did nt submit the complete doc online n you know the rest.now m thinking of withdrawing the application n then reapply,what do you think

Don't withdraw. Commit everything into God's hand instead

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.