Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,763 members, 7,905,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (845588 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2014
luvly3:

Hi Chris it's been a while... hope u are good....changing to a 2 yr program when one lands in canny is pretty much easy, though u would have to inform CIC through my cic account abt d change .....u would have to apply for study permit extension atleast one month before the current one expires......

Yeah luvly3, im good, hope you are too??
Thanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2014
Wow please i am also looking forward to an msc program in U of A. but in civil engineering
SURGEE: www.civil.engineering.ualberta.ca/en/NewsEvents/Civil%20and%20Environmental%20Engineering%20News/2014/September/EzulikereceivesCanadasmostprestigiousscholarship.aspx
doing naija proud. am on my way to do the same bro. *smile *
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2014
please i wouldn't mind if you favour me with a copy also. i need it as a guide to win the heart of my would be supervisor

matic12: @ Omonjoe; i'll definitely send to your email, the SOP i used to win the heart of my supervisor at USask before midnight. Expecting you to put some touches into it.

Favor shall be yours in Christ peerless name.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
einsteino: please i wouldn't mind if you favour me with a copy also. i need it as a guide to win the heart of my would be supervisor

hw can i send it? No email ID
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Omonjoe:
hw can i send it? No email ID

oh am sorry about that. here it is xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks in anticipation.

*modified

for privacy reasons, i decided to take off the email and pm you instead.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Clakyvip: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014
God bless you all...Miracles this new week...God will Change our travelling Status this week, Month, this year....Our TRV will meet us in Good health..Amen.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 11:36am On Sep 21, 2014
SURGEE:
I now get it my oga. it wouldn't be easy convincing CIC on that. it just pays to wait and find greener pastures. thanks bro.
however. can you give an overview of what life is like in NFL(jobs, community, bills,socials and study life) if you have any idea sir or anyone in the house o abeg, though I read some other forums but I really don't know what's in for international students.
thanks once again

Changing institutions: your responsibility
If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of your study permit, as well as the conditions that allow you to work, should you wish to work during your studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2014
P406:

Can anyone volunteer an answer?

Justwise please do you have an idea?

I got no idea, i guess you could check the embassy website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Hello... please i want to apply online route, i want to the web site cic.gc.ca. i did not see where i will register and login, all what i saw there is...
Sign in to your MyCIC account using:

* Sign in Partner (SecureKey Concierge), which uses your online banking information or
* GCKey, the Government of Canada credential.
please which one am i going to use. pls reply me . Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2014
omooba2015: Hello... please i want to apply online route, i want to the web site cic.gc.ca. i did not see where i will register and login, all what i saw there is...
* Sign in Partner (SecureKey Concierge), which uses your online banking information or

GCkey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2014
omooba2015: Hello... please i want to apply online route, i want to the web site cic.gc.ca. i did not see where i will register and login, all what i saw there is...

GCkey.long and fill everything be careful not to make mistake.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
OK THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
luvly3:

The weather is cold now ......In sudbury we are already getting -1°C...........
... Now u are talking... but not yet there Sudbury... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
saxywale:

SAIT and NAIT are very very very competitive....They usually have more applications than seats available. Imagine over 100 applications for a course that has seats for 15 students. So they usually consider applications from Citizens and PR as priority and leave few slots for foreign students. To anyone who may want to apply to sait or nait in the future, the trick is applying 12am midnight on the first day application opens so you get pushed to the top of the queue.

Hello

Wow I had no idea that Sait is very very competitive o, my bro is actually preparing to apply on there against next fall...we'll keep our fingers crossed though

Re u applicant or student there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Damask: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi everyone, happy Sunday. Please, my concern is about a Conference I want to attend in canada in which I booked a flight for d 24th of september. The program is 26th sept. and tomorrow will make it the 31st working days at the embassy.
I actually read on their website dt d processing takes 34days for Visiting but d 34th day will fall on 25th. I actually thought d processing time includes weekends on submission. I sent dem mail last week and do not know d next step to take. Flight booked is 24th while hotel starts 25th Sept. Pls., advise. Should I send anoda mail or call? Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hey guys smiley

I want to say big-ups to those on this thread who have been incredibly selfless and soo helpful to all those in need of guidance and advice, you guys are really amazing. God bless you all.

Btw! no nairaland on IOS...so sad undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kepner:

Hello

Wow I had no idea that Sait is very very competitive o, my bro is actually preparing to apply on there against next fall...we'll keep our fingers crossed though

SAIT is a very good school, but crazy competitive to get admission.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omooba2015(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hello...@ Amerifica and Others my Oga in this Forum. Please i need your quick response to this questions for those
that have applied online route...

Document Name
Student Exchange Letter(required):.....Which document will i upload in the file..
Proof of means Financial support(required).......Can i upload both my Sponsorer and my SOA to it or HOW?
Passport Or Travel Document(required):...... Is it only my International Passport i need here, or what document?
Letter of Acceptance(required):... Is it only letter of acceptance from school. or with my academics document?
Evidence of work requirement in study(required):....what document to upload?

Optional Documents
@ optional documents what other documents do i need to upload here.
Add Letter of Explanation.........which letter am i going to upload here.

Please your quick answer will help me out in feeling my online application.
God bless you all.

These are the documents i want to go with....

School Documents
- Letter of Offer of Admission
- Academic Transcript with all my Certificates.
- NYSC (letter of Exclusion)
- Letter of Intent

Employment.
- Employment letter
- Approval of study leave letter
- Letter of confirmation.
- Promotion Letter
- Letter of Introduction From Employer.
- pay slip
- work I’d
- Tax clearance
- SOA & Reference from Bank

Other Documents
- Land Receipts and Surveyor and Land Plan.
- Police report
- Birth certificate (NPC)
- Marriage Certificate with Pictures.
- My wife sales receipt and Invoice
- Membership certificate of her Business & Association Certificate.
- work I’d
- certificate of Origin

Sponsorer
- Letter of sponsorship
- Notary Affidavit
- Sponsor SOA with reference letter from Bank
- Sponsoer Business Registration (CAC)
- Work i.d
- Company Tax clearance.
- Sponsorer Birth certificate
- Sponsorer Land properties plan and receipts.
- My mother (sister to my sponsorer) marriage certificate.

Please help me i want to know how i will group all this documents to the file online route listed above. Thanks all
God bless you all this week.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=omooba2015]Hello...@ Amerifica and Others my Oga in this Forum. Please i need your quick response to this questions for those
that have applied online route...

Document Name
Student Exchange Letter(required):.....Which document will i upload in the file..
Proof of means Financial support(required).......Can i upload both my Sponsorer and my SOA to it or HOW?
Passport Or Travel Document(required):...... Is it only my International Passport i need here, or what document?
Letter of Acceptance(required):... Is it only letter of acceptance from school. or with my academics document?
Evidence of work requirement in study(required):....what document to upload?

Optional Documents
@ optional documents what other documents do i need to upload here.
Add Letter of Explanation.........which letter am i going to upload here.

Please your quick answer will help me out in feeling my online application.
God bless you all.

These are the documents i want to go with....

School Documents
- Letter of Offer of Admission
- Academic Transcript with all my Certificates.
- NYSC (letter of Exclusion)
- Letter of Intent

Employment.
- Employment letter
- Approval of study leave letter
- Letter of confirmation.
- Promotion Letter
- Letter of Introduction From Employer.
- pay slip
- work I’d
- Tax clearance
- SOA & Reference from Bank

Other Documents
- Land Receipts and Surveyor and Land Plan.
- Police report
- Birth certificate (NPC)
- Marriage Certificate with Pictures.
- My wife sales receipt and Invoice
- Membership certificate of her Business & Association Certificate.
- work I’d
- certificate of Origin

Sponsorer
- Letter of sponsorship
- Notary Affidavit
- Sponsor SOA with reference letter from Bank
- Sponsoer Business Registration (CAC)
- Work i.d
- Company Tax clearance.
- Sponsorer Birth certificate
- Sponsorer Land properties plan and receipts.
- My mother (sister to my sponsorer) marriage certificate.

Please help me i want to know how i will group all this documents to the file online route listed above. Thanks all
God bless you all this week.

[/quote mmmeen see d docs this guy as in mind submitting hey .honestly u will surely get this trv

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=Habeeb521][/quote]

thank u he is my broda. Dont u think it will b good to go via paper route? Just asking
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... Now u are talking... but not yet there Sudbury... grin
please brov, I need u to help me vet my written SOP. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Siga: ... Now u are talking... but not yet there Sudbury... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
ChriGo: ......check https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72 for online app steps.... Check https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/184 ...to know the required docx for visa.....

I hope to start Seneca in January 2015. Applied for trv last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Amefrica:

I'm telling you man! This people fit use assignment kill person.
And the interesting part is one gets heaily penalized for plagiarism. no dubbing parole like naija grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kepner:

Hello

I am no applicant or student there but I live around and have met several of their students, there are also many reports on newspapers and the internet concerning their reputation and popularity. SAIT and NAIT are both competitive because they supply the Alberta oil fields with manpower. Just like University of Calgary and University of Alberta.

See attached an image of NAIT's application data for petroleum engineering, It shows over 600 application received for just a quota of 60 seats. I have met quite a number of Naija peeps in these schools(SAIT and NAIT). They all confirmed that applying on first day of "application opening" would atleast get you in the front for selection even though it's no guarantee, else na waitlist be that o. Just make sure your bro as good internet access so that he can apply by 12midnight and he should have a second choice school as well.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
saxywale:
And the interesting part is one gets heaily penalized for plagiarism. no dubbing parole like naija grin

You're damn right! No copy and paste.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ridax: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hellow house, I've been following success stories on this tread, but I have a question about IELTS. How long will the result be valid?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
saxywale:
I am no applicant or student there but I live around and have met several of their students, there are also many reports on newspapers and the internet concerning their reputation and popularity. SAIT and NAIT are both competitive because they supply the Alberta oil fields with manpower. Just like University of Calgary and University of Alberta.

See attached an image of NAIT's application data for petroleum engineering, It shows over 600 application received for just a quota of 60 seats. I have met quite a number of Naija peeps in these schools(SAIT and NAIT). They all confirmed that applying on first day of "application opening" would atleast get you in the front for selection even though it's no guarantee, else na waitlist be that o. Just make sure your bro as good internet access so that he can apply by 12midnight and he should have a second choice school as well.

cool okay...now I'm a bit worried, I was actually comparing to our usual Nigerian schooling system -higher preference to Uni and less to Poly.
I'll inform him ASAP, he does have other choices but I think this is his First.
Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
jojcanada:

I hope to start Seneca in January 2015. Applied for trv last week.
u r also a fellow seneca applicant resuming January
Am submitting docs hopefully this week oo
Bdw wat course r u going for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
guys requesting for 'killing' SOP to 'hook' supervisors pls b smart abt using someone else's write up......its very easy to check for plagiarism, u dont want to b a victim.....u could check www.statementofpurpose.com for guides and links on how to develop ur own UNIQUE SOP...remeber my metallic SOP bullet fit be plastic bullet for ur case....all d best

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.