Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (845666 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hi everyone,i am new here,how I wish I knew abt this forum before submitting my application...I just submitted my application for January intake last week,got admitted into selkirk college in castlegar British columbia,now my worries are I heard the online app is faster and I remembered telling my agent to let's use online app,he told me I shouldn't teach him his job,he has been doing since 2008,ok I want to believe it was online app we did cos we filled the forms online and printed them out with the barcode page and I went to submit them with my other documents to vfs pls can someone tell me if that's the meaning of online application..now no 2 is my sis was my sponsor,she provided all her bank statements which was 7m plus and my tuition was 8000 cad and she provided an affidavit claiming she will be responsible for all my burdens in canada..i later heard that they online recognise parents as sponsor,i told my agent to let me pay the sch fees requested on my admission letter so the embassy will know that I am really going to school,he said I shouldn't pay any fees until embassy says so..and my only family ties are my siblings,pls do I still stand a chance of getting the TRV,i am really worried after reading all the stong strong documents people said they submitted here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
Omonjoe:
Have u started ur application? were u asked to fill nd submit pre-qualification form?

yea i was buh i havent done that yet........ do i hav to pay for dat form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: Hi everyone,i am new here,how I wish I knew abt this forum before submitting my application...I just submitted my application for January intake last week,got admitted into selkirk college in castlegar British columbia,now my worries are I heard the online app is faster and I remembered telling my agent to let's use online app,he told me I shouldn't teach him his job,he has been doing since 2008,ok I want to believe it was online app we did cos we filled the forms online and printed them out with the barcode page and I went to submit them with my other documents to vfs pls can someone tell me if that's the meaning of online application..now no 2 is my sis was my sponsor,she provided all her bank statements which was 7m plus and my tuition was 8000 cad and she provided an affidavit claiming she will be responsible for all my burdens in canada..i later heard that they online recognise parents as sponsor,i told my agent to let me pay the sch fees requested on my admission letter so the embassy will know that I am really going to school,he said I shouldn't pay any fees until embassy says so..and my only family ties are my siblings,pls do I still stand a chance of getting the TRV,i am really worried after reading all the stong strong documents people said they submitted here
someone please talk to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
1. You didnt submit your documents online.. you only filled out the IMM forms and generated the barcode as required by paper submission and thats still fair enough since you were certain your agent submitted the documents via VFs. For real now, no one really knows which is faster anymore.. we just submit the application and then begin the wait so just chill for their response
2. cant really say much about you having to pay your fees to guarantee your TRV but i'll suggest you list out the other documents you submitted so the guys on the thread can analysis fully your chances..

You really should have hooked up with the thread before submitting your application. Trust me, you wouldnt need an agent to help you out and you'll be certain whatever the outcome is that its all from what you did or did not do and not what your agent missed out.

opsynusy: Hi everyone,i am new here,how I wish I knew abt this forum before submitting my application...I just submitted my application for January intake last week,got admitted into selkirk college in castlegar British columbia,now my worries are I heard the online app is faster and I remembered telling my agent to let's use online app,he told me I shouldn't teach him his job,he has been doing since 2008,ok I want to believe it was online app we did cos we filled the forms online and printed them out with the barcode page and I went to submit them with my other documents to vfs pls can someone tell me if that's the meaning of online application..now no 2 is my sis was my sponsor,she provided all her bank statements which was 7m plus and my tuition was 8000 cad and she provided an affidavit claiming she will be responsible for all my burdens in canada..i later heard that they online recognise parents as sponsor,i told my agent to let me pay the sch fees requested on my admission letter so the embassy will know that I am really going to school,he said I shouldn't pay any fees until embassy says so..and my only family ties are my siblings,pls do I still stand a chance of getting the TRV,i am really worried after reading all the stong strong documents people said they submitted here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
... ^^^ I'm impressed with your comment... nicely put...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2014

That wasn't the online route, that was the paper route, from the observation of late, both take about the same processing time, so you've got no reason to panic.

Anybody can be your sponsor as long as you can prove your relationship to the person and you have a genuine reason as to why the person wants to sponsor you.

While you wait for your medical call I'll advice you to read from part 5 of this thread for more understanding
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
saxywale,surgee and others

hi guys,is it possible to school in canada with 4m naira(tuition for masters,accommodation,feeding etc)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
oghos2k: 1. You didnt submit your documents online.. you only filled out the IMM forms and generated the barcode as required by paper submission and thats still fair enough since you were certain your agent submitted the documents via VFs. For real now, no one really knows which is faster anymore.. we just submit the application and then begin the wait so just chill for their response
2. cant really say much about you having to pay your fees to guarantee your TRV but i'll suggest you list out the other documents you submitted so the guys on the thread can analysis fully your chances..

You really should have hooked up with the thread before submitting your application. Trust me, you wouldnt need an agent to help you out and you'll be certain whatever the outcome is that its all from what you did or did not do and not what your agent missed out.

thanks oghos...it was after I submitted that I decided to look for nigeria canada students forum and I got this...I don't know the kind of power my agent has o,cos I really didn't submit lots of documents and that's why I am worried..i submitted the application form,the questionaire,the family info,my international passport,my o level certificate,o level transcript(which my agent did for me cos I have never heard of olevel transcript),my uni notification of results,i studied french,graduated with 2.2,my uni transcript,my sis's statement of account,an affidavit from her,her biodata page of her international pasport,police clearance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
charles316: saxywale,surgee and others

hi guys,is it possible to school in canada with 4m naira(tuition for masters,accommodation,feeding etc)
... It depends on School... Masters in what... Location and lifestyle...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
Siga: ... It depends on School... Masters in what... Location and lifestyle...

course: civil engineering
A very modest lifestyle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
tnuola:

That wasn't the online route, that was the paper route, from the observation of late, both take about the same processing time, so you've got no reason to panic.

Anybody can be your sponsor as long as you can prove your relationship to the person and you have a genuine reason as to why the person wants to sponsor you.

While you wait for your medical call I'll advice you to read from part 5 of this thread for more understanding
infact I have read from part 1 and found this site amazing...I didnt make any proof and I vividly remember my sister asking this agent if we need to do proof of relationship,he said the only thing we need is the affidavit

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
He said the more the documents,the more they question my application,he said it's not by document that if they really need the documents,they will ask me to provide
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: infact I have read from part 1 and found this site amazing...I didnt make any proof and I vividly remember my sister asking this agent if we need to do proof of relationship,he said the only thing we need is the affidavit

Well, the deed as been done, all you can do is pray and hope for the best....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
tnuola:

Well, the deed as been done, all you can do is pray and hope for the best....
amen but what are my chances
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: amen but what are my chances
Seriously, ur chances is prayer. Another observation, is like u re going 4 pgd or master, did u submit ur employment document

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: amen but what are my chances

The vo's work in mysterious ways, you can never be too sure.. Just pray and be hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
charles316:

course: civil engineering
A very modest lifestyle.
... Where in Canada are u planning on schooling... and do u have any schools in mind... once u find one... first deduct the tuition and books from the N4m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: He said the more the documents,the more they question my application,he said it's not by document that if they really need the documents,they will ask me to provide

u are definitely on the right track just chill for another 4 to 5 weeks, some peeps will submit heaven and earth yet their Visa will be denied, while other will submit few and will chop their TRV. student visa application is treated on case by case basis and it also depends largely on the VO.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
akosh005:
Seriously, ur chances is prayer. Another observation, is like u re going 4 pgd or master, did u submit ur employment document
pgd,didnt submit any employment document
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
degreat11:

u are definitely on the right track just chill for another 4 to 5 weeks, some peeps will submit heaven and earth yet their Visa will be denied, while other will submit few and will chop their TRV. student visa application is treated on case by case basis and it also depends largely on the VO.
thanks dear,what do you mean be VO so I can put it in prayer..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: someone please talk to me

Don't stress urself, online applications are very slow these days because alot of people choose d online option.....I was in ur shoes some months back ....I submitted tru paper route and came here to find that online was faster was really worried but I got my TRV in a month and 1 week with paper route. ..submitted April 29th approved June 6th......and I noticed the difference between online and paper route was less than 1 week. I believe paper route is faster than online route now cos online route apps are too much....The only disadvantage with paper route is d time it takes to get ur TRV and docs back from Accra which can vary from 4 days to 1 month......

Using your sister as a sponsor is very well accepted....I used my sister as a sponsor as well....just fire prayers and if possible fasting for God's favour.....

God luck on ur app.....might be taking d GIS program at silkirk next fall if I dnt get a masters program admission after my current program...will probably see u at silkirk college.....

Cheers.....

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by charles316: 7:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Siga: ... Where in Canada are u planning on schooling... and do u have any schools in mind... once u find one... first deduct the tuition and books from the N4m

i wish to apply to 3 schools-university of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and MUN. A friend told me that the schools fees and others things to be paid for is usually more than listed on their websites. 4m is my budget. Its pretty tight tho. Gosh,na money yab man. undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
luvly3:

Don't stress urself, online applications are very slow these days because alot of people choose d online option.....I was in ur shoes some months back ....I submitted tru paper route and came here to find that online was faster was really worried but I got my TRV in a month and 1 week with paper route. ..submitted April 29th approved June 6th......and I noticed the difference between online and paper route was less than 1 week. I believe paper route is faster than online route now cos online route apps are too much....The only disadvantage with paper route is d time it takes to get ur TRV and docs back from Accra which can vary from 4 days to 1 month......

Using your sister as a sponsor is very well accepted....I used my sister as a sponsor as well....just fire prayers and if possible fasting for God's favour.....

God luck on ur app.....might be taking d GIS program at silkirk next fall if I dnt get a masters program admission after my current program...will probably see u at silkirk college.....

Cheers.....
wow...glad to have someone of almost the same shoes as me..Amen to your prayers that we are going to see...I have started my prayers and fixed my fasting for every Mondays and Wednesdays cos mine is really going to be a miracle cos of the limited documents I submitted

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hello my people.
Please I really need ur help. I am trying sort my docs for the online application but I don't know how to put them.
Please I will list them. And I won't mind if some1 any1 can help me put them according to how it should be submitted I.E. Merged as 1 per section.
Many thanks
My own docs.
Letter of sponsorship from my husband
His intl passport page
My acceptance letter
My birth cert
My hubby's birth cert
My daughter's birth cert
Her passport page
My business reg certs* dere r 2 diff docs*
My change of name*my passport still bears my maidian name*
My intl passport page and other pages of visa *used n still valid* also the page of travel
My dad's land deed* my company is at his house cos I co-own with my mum
My SOP
All my previous employment details
My marriage cert.
Pictures of some of cakes and dessert
A newspaper publication I did sometime back
My school docs
My company's statement of acct
My hubby's salary acct
My hubby's personal acct
Confirmation of payment recipt of tuition for conestoga.
I don't know what docs I will also fill online..
Pls pls I really need this help urgently. I am trying to submit dis night
Thank again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: pgd,didnt submit any employment document

Bro, as d own house says. Keep ur finger cross n chill oooo. All is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: thanks dear,what do you mean be VO so I can put it in prayer..lol

it means Visa Officer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: wow...glad to have someone of almost the same shoes as me..Amen to your prayers that we are going to see...I have started my prayers and fixed my fasting for every Mondays and Wednesdays cos mine is really going to be a miracle cos of the limited documents I submitted

Yup doh u skipped some important docs like sisters proof of funds and birth certs all u need now is prayers. ...Some agents are old fashioned n dnt knw d current trends. ...just believe u ll get it cos ultimately it's d favour of God dats needed...cos some peeps submitted all d needed docs and still get denied ....

When u start feeling doubt abt ur TRV just say to urself " I receive my TRV In Jesus Name" .....say it out loud until you are convinced....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
luvly3:

Yup doh u skipped some important docs like sisters proof of funds and birth certs all u need now is prayers. ...Some agents are old fashioned n dnt knw d current trends. ...just believe u ll get it cos ultimately it's d favour of God dats needed...cos some peeps submitted all d needed docs and still get denied ....

When u start feeling doubt abt ur TRV just say to urself " I receive my TRV In Jesus Name" .....say it out loud until you are convinced....

Nice one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
opsynusy: He said the more the documents,the more they question my application,he said it's not by document that if they really need the documents,they will ask me to provide

1. Paper route/ online route have same processing time, it only varies based on wat needs to be verified
2. Using ur sister is no hustle
3. Not stating the relationship btwn u and ur sponsor(sister) is 50/50 bro...if u included her birth cert (d Visa Officer wud see that u share dsame parents)
**i read on this same thread an applicant who didnt state the relationship btwn him & his sponsor and d lucky chap still bagged his TRV

So my advice is Just call on ur God to make things happen in ur favour..sip juice and relax ur mind

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
akosh005:

Bro, as d own house says. Keep ur finger cross n chill oooo. All is well
i am a lady
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
vanrichie4u:

1. Paper route/ online route have same processing time, it only varies based on wat needs to be verified
2. Using ur sister is no hustle
3. Not stating the relationship btwn u and ur sponsor(sister) is 50/50 bro...if u included her birth cert (d Visa Officer wud see that u share dsame parents)
**i read on this same thread an applicant who didnt state the relationship with btwn him & his sponsor and d lucky chap still bagged his TRV

So my advice is Just call on ur God to make things happen in ur favour..sip juice and relax ur mind
she stated in the affidavit that she is my sister and her information is on the family info form
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
luvly3:

I RECEIVE MY TRV IN JESUS NAME!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.