Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,421 members, 7,904,565 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (845256 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
ElCapt:

Hey.

Mcgill is a top school in Canada and am quite surprised you haven't gotten a supervisor considering you have a first class.
Probably it has something to do with your research interests and theirs?

Try and spread you tentacles. Check with two or more schools that offer those courses.

Or is there a particular reason why you are only choosing McGill?
. Thanks for your reply. I thought I will easily get a supervsor too. But apparently, they are all giving negative replies.Mcgill is my top choice because I was told that's its one of the best in canada, and I heard that the cost of living in montreal is cheaper than in other cities like bc and toronto. I also wanted to apply to MUN, but I was told dat its not so regarded. No offense to those going there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 10:47am On Aug 20, 2014
vinnygod:
Yea there was a stopover in rome but only to refuel we didn't get down n hardly spent minutes there. Don't bother bro they wud take kia of u thou they journey was too long imagine flying over pacific ocean for more dan 6hrs...hmmm..na God ooo

Please how long was your journey and did the Nigerian officers allow u travel with foodstuffs? And which kind is best to move with?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2014
tianadiva: Amefrica boo,splendid feeling relaxed,porting soon 31st o

31st Aug?? Nice.. Same day as mine.. Thank God no be only me dey waka go.. grin

Pls whch airline? Mine is Lufthansa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2014
Please does any1 knw hw long it takes for uottawa and carleton to process an admission request? Have applied to Uottawa early this month and I'm hoping to apply to carleton by end of this month.. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2014
amby7: Please does any1 knw hw long it takes for uottawa and carleton to process an admission request? Have applied to Uottawa early this month and I'm hoping to apply to carleton by end of this month.. thanks

It could take up to 3months but u need to keep in touch with their admissions office to get information on your application just incase any more documents are needed.

If you're applying for a research programme,contact potential supervisors.Getting a supervisor can fast-track your admission.

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2014
tianadiva: Amefrica boo,splendid feeling relaxed,porting soon 31st o

Where are you going to exactly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2014
We re u heading,am TeamManitoba

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2014
Uni of manitoba, u?
tokiniofficial:

Where are you going to exactly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2014
tianadiva: Uni of manitoba, u?

Same destination too.
Gotten TRV?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinnygod: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:

Please how long was your journey and did the Nigerian officers allow u travel with foodstuffs? And which kind is best to move with?

Thanks
D journey took roughly 18hrs plus....travel with any foodstuffs u think will need specially those african's stuff u won't find here... Be mindful of d allowed kilogram(kg) thou mine exceeded with 1kg...they ( nigeran officer) allowed everyfin I moved with..I didn't have an issue with'em thou they demanded that I should drop for'em but I trickishly evaded them...I didn't spend penny...u need to be smart with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:
It could take up to 3months but u need to keep in touch with their admissions office to get information on your application just incase any more documents are needed.
If you're applying for a research programme,contact potential supervisors.Getting a supervisor can fast-track your admission.
All the best

Thanks Aloaye... 3 months is such a long time, have 3 admissions to UK (London and Leicester) and anoda 2 to Cyprus, and they only took three weeks or four at most. Read smewhere that i have to submit my visa application to canada three months before the start date of my intended program of study and thus the worry.. Thanks again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2014
vinnygod:
D journey took roughly 18hrs plus....travel with any foodstuffs u think will need specially those african's stuff u won't find here... Be mindful of d allowed kilogram(kg) thou mine exceeded with 1kg...they ( nigeran officer) allowed everyfin I moved with..I didn't have an issue with'em thou they demanded that I should drop for'em but I trickishly evaded them...I didn't spend penny...u need to be smart with them

Thanks for your reply!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinnygod: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
amby7: Please does any1 knw hw long it takes for uottawa and carleton to process an admission request? Have applied to Uottawa early this month and I'm hoping to apply to carleton by end of this month.. thanks
My admission with uottawa took like 3months thou hv seen a guy here who's his took less than a month to process...all depends on d number of application they're process at d moment..d higher d number of applicants d higher d process time...just take a chilling pill....it will come out successfully..u can alwz contact admission officer via numba or email to know d stage of ya application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:

Thanks Aloaye... 3 months is such a long time, have 3 admissions to UK (London and Leicester) and anoda 2 to Cyprus, and they only took three weeks or four at most. Read smewhere that i have to submit my visa application to canada three months before the start date of my intended program of study and thus the worry.. Thanks again

The applications on-going now I believe maybe for January,if u keep in touch regularly with their admissions office,u may get ur admission by early October..processing ur TRV is faster now,u can get it within 45days or highest 2months. Though some schools don't hv the winter session but May and September applications could also open soon.

UK schools process faster bcs the competition there may not be too high and they just need your money :-).

Wish you the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
vinnygod:
My admission with uottawa took like 3months thou hv seen a guy here who's his took less than a month to process...all depends on d number of application they're process at d moment..d higher d number of applicants d higher d process time...just take a chilling pill....it will come out successfully..u can alwz contact admission officer via numba or email to know d stage of ya application
Thanks vinnygod. didnt have my sights on canada, was so sure i was going to UK to study and return to my job.. bt my fiance started bugging mi abt canada, my uncle relocated there (manitoba) and a classmate of mine is also in uottawa. also m just going for an additional degree dat i wont likely use for promotions and stuff, everything just changed suddenly last month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Omoh see gobe! embarassed Me wey get phobia for height and water. ...and na window-seat I still come choose.. embarassed #ScaredA'f.

Don't worry I gat your back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello house,

Anyone going to University of Toronto by thursday?

Are canadian foods cool and easy to prepare,bcs I'm considering travelling without food stuffs?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:
The applications on-going now I believe maybe for January,if u keep in touch regularly with their admissions office,u may get ur admission by early October..processing ur TRV is faster now,u can get it within 45days or highest 2months. Though some schools don't hv the winter session but May and September applications could also open soon.
UK schools process faster bcs the competition there may not be too high and they just need your money :-).
Wish you the best!
YA!!
I finished with a 2.2 and was suprised wen i landed 3 admissions in UK.. the best ranking in the 500s. My elder brother has bin to UK on many occasions and he said d same thing "they just need your moni"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
codebreaker:

Did you do medical before?

Yes did the medical before submitting because I knew it was already late. It is all by faith and God answered, TRV chopped

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:
Wish you the best!
need to go asap.. frustrated with d dept. m wit at work.
was in contact wit two of their admissons assistants at uottawa as they requested for clearer copies of my transcripts, asked to inform my referees to check their mail and fill the forms and other things. However the moment my infoweb admission file was complete i tried contacting them, but no more response since then. I wonder y

Finished my carleton preliminary application just now..
just nid to pay and send all required docs
applying for winter session to both schools, i pray they come out positive and on time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
twaintoy: Haaaaa Brother Gboyega, i am planning oo, over planning dey worry me sef. Didn't know u av been following.

That's nice, God will do it. I have been busy and try to follow once in a while but I think I should be available for the next 2weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye: Hello house,

Anyone going to University of Toronto by thursday?

Are canadian foods cool and easy to prepare,bcs I'm considering travelling without food stuffs?

Thanks

Try to come with the little you can it will be useful. More so, they eat same staple food as Nigeria such as bread, rice, wheat, semolina, spaghetti, potatoes, black eye pea (white beans), amongst others. More so, there are African stores around to buy some food that may not be readily available.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Caulker: Hi everyone,

Been following this thread for a while now, congrats to the guys that dere applications got tru.
I am planning to apply for masters come 2015 at UofT, UBC, uni of waterloo to study financial mathematics/quantitative finance. These schools are extremely competitive. Please i would like to know if any of you has any advice regarding dere admission process if it is 'easy' to get in.

Thank you

I can advise. Was told by a friend to contact a member of the faculty. Which I did, I looked for a top faculty that suits my area of interest and gave my profile, my interest and the topics I will like to research. I also spoke about my experience and what I am doing presently as it relates to the course. I think he was impressed and responded he will like to have me as his student (packaging wink)

It turned out to be a smart move as the school recalculated my CGPA and slashed it badly meaning I didn't meet there cut off. I also had issue with my referee and they wanted proof from a course I once did. But in all the man was copied by the school and all correspondence went through him, inspite of all the challenges, which implies I am his candidate. They eventually gave me admission based on his recommendation and me providing further proofs. Also, I got a grant that covered my full tuition (teaching assistant despite the rebased GPA). But it took me almost 6 months for all investigations and admission to come through so, start early, get a top faculty member support, do your research well, pray and fire. Also try more than one school. Funny enough I was refused for the same course last year by a smaller university because I applied on my own.

Wish you the best of luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Boss mi, I doff hat oo... cheesy

Congrats on your TRV. Thank God it finally paid off and I pray this is the beginning of greater things.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
iseethegoal:

Don't worry I gat your back.

Thanks paddy! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
bighead1:

E.T is so shitty ma nigga.,

my mama used it few times, as she used to travel to dubai back then, the last time she almost had crash, then she desisted and switched to qatar airlines.,

E.T is like Molue.,

I beg to differ. I have had cause to go to Addis Ababa once and the flight was smooth. I think it has to do with individual experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
hello blessed people of nairaland.......... my sponsor is my godfather and also a senior cousin with different surname, he have three mouths fistdeposit of NGN4,000,000 and up to NGN1,000,000 in his current account, although in his letter of sponsorship he mention that the fistdeposit which is equivalent of $27,000 was set aside for my study and living expenses in canada. And i equally have a co-sponsor who is a family friend with NGN1,000,000 and a dolla account of $13,000, he stated it clear in his co-sponsor letter that he will support me with $4,000 yearly for the two years msc program....... please I need your urgent kind advise...are the two sponsors good to go with....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:
need to go asap.. frustrated with d dept. m wit at work.
was in contact wit two of their admissons assistants at uottawa as they requested for clearer copies of my transcripts, asked to inform my referees to check their mail and fill the forms and other things. However the moment my infoweb admission file was complete i tried contacting them, but no more response since then. I wonder y

Finished my carleton preliminary application just now..
just nid to pay and send all required docs
applying for winter session to both schools, i pray they come out positive and on time.

It is well...you're making a headway already. Just make your msg to them short and straight to point(Dear...,please I need an update on my admission status to know how soon I should expect to hear from the school on the final decision) and include some gratitude(Thanks for your assistance so far)

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iseethegoal: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Hmmm! Alright nah.. Thanks sir!

Don't be dismayed bro. We are together on this flight. Nothing dey happen. God Dey!!! I have flown them before and it was cool. This won't be different it can only be better. Send me you bb pin via email we can seat together
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
GboyegaD:

Congrats on your TRV. Thank God it finally paid off and I pray this is the beginning of greater things.

Amen! cheesy
Thanks egbon mi, God bless! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
GboyegaD:

Try to come with the little you can it will be useful. More so, they eat same staple food as Nigeria such as bread, rice, wheat, semolina, spaghetti, potatoes, black eye pea (white beans), amongst others. More so, there are African stores around to buy some food that may not be readily available.

Thanks a lot GboyegaD,I really appreciate...I heard I can carry liquids and that red oil is kinda expensive there,is it possible to pass with oil?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
iseethegoal:

Don't be dismayed bro. We are together on this flight. Nothing dey happen. God Dey!!! I have flown them before and it was cool. This won't be different it can only be better. Send me you bb pin via email we can seat together

grin grin
Alright boss ...sent you a PM!

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.