Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,094 members, 7,939,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (851896 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello House, quick question pls.

I'm working on merging my documents together for uploading. While using Adobe Reader (PDF) to shrink my documents, I get the option to shrink using "Adobe 9.0 or later", and some other options up to "Adobe 6.0 or later". If I choose "Adobe 9.0 or later", the file size will be small which is good. If I choose "Adobe 6.0 or later", the file size will be reduced but not small enough.

I dunno what version of Adobe reader will be used to open these documents cus if I use a recent version to shrink, a PC with an old version might not be able to open the documents.

So the question is, "Which one do I use?"

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Whats good guys.. Quick question.. If you get admission to a college thats starts in january which has 3 semesters can you do only 2 semesters then proceed for your one year msc originally intended msc from sept to august and return for the final semester which you missed.

Multiple answers/opinions are needed.. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by xkris11(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
@justwise..i sent you a PM ,kindly check,its urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blaqs24(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello peepz, is there anyone here who has been denied based on the following reasons and finally got the trv on a second trial.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
blaqs24: Hello peepz, is there anyone here who has been denied based on the following reasons and finally got the trv on a second trial.
even if there is none, don't you want to be the one people can refer to?
as long as you can satisfy the VO based on the reasons raised, i see no reason why you cannot get it the second time out.
Your finances has to be worked on, place of work, course of study,etc
some of the issues can be addressed with an SOP while you need to supply additional docs or info for some.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dchris: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
blaqs24: Hello peepz, is there anyone here who has been denied based on the following reasons and finally got the trv on a second trial.
Sorry,did u receive an email that u've been denied or what?
And is it visitor's visa or study permit? Travel history?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Back on Nairaland,after few weeks vacation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lillaowow(m): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Amefrica: Shidoshi/Jchi9876..

Don't be surprised how I got to know you were the one that sent me that threatening-email. I'm glad to let you know, the SSS are on your case and you'll be smoked out soon. I have a lot of evidences that I've provided to them and they are trailing you!

You just used your mouth to write a check, your gayey a'ss can't cash.

Next time, you don't mess with an intellectual..
Good Job!!!. So because of your reply to his/her post, he/she sent a threat email?? Smh, some people are re.tarded.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kanny1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Haustraliah: Back on Nairaland,after few weeks vacation.
Welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blaqs24(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
akanni:
even if there is none, don't you want to be the one people can refer to?
as long as you can satisfy the VO based on the reasons raised, i see no reason why you cannot get it the second time out.
Your finances has to be worked on, place of work, course of study,etc
some of the issues can be addressed with an SOP while you need to supply additional docs or info for some.

thanks,would love to, 
i need assistance with the SOP,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
lillaowow: Good Job!!!. So because of your reply to his/her post, he/she sent a threat email?? Smh, some people are re.tarded.

Bro, can you imagine? I'm so perplexed - my response to him was not even rude. This is just preposterous! Some people are sure so dumb and lame!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blaqs24(m): 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dchris:
Sorry,did u receive an email that u've been denied or what?
And is it visitor's visa or study permit? Travel history?
Jst a print out that came with the docs, and yeah it was a student application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by prupru(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Pls can i still apply for Msc program in Canada?Any body with cheap school information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by brade: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Been reading this post silently. I am not even a visa aspirant or anything but i am reading because of my sister who is currently studying in Ghana.
Amefrica, while i understand that your story is remarkable, i am still of the belief that this TRV you were issued has gotten into your head.

I am not the person that sent you a threatening email. Infact, i have never exchanged any form of communication with you. I think that you can respond to questions without coming across as arrogant or a know it all.

Additionally, since you have obtained your visa, ill recommend that you take a chill pill and let those who are seeking advise get good unbiased counsel. You didn't get your visa because of anything you did, you got it by the grace of God.

The SSS will not chase anybody for sending you a threatening email. Ans i also do not think you are an intellect. You are not better than anybody else on this thread.

I will suggest you rest and focus on school life.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by prupru(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
IELTS OR TOEFLE, which is better for Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
brade: Been reading this post silently. I am not even a visa aspirant or anything but i am reading because of my sister who is currently studying in Ghana.
Amefrica, while i understand that your story is remarkable, i am still of the belief that this TRV you were issued has gotten into your head.

I am not the person that sent you a threatening email. Infact, i have never exchanged any form of communication with you. I think that you can respond to questions without coming across as arrogant or a know it all.

Additionally, since you have obtained your visa, ill recommend that you take a chill pill and let those who are seeking advise get good unbiased counsel. You didn't get your visa because of anything you did, you got it by the grace of God.

The SSS will not chase anybody for sending you a threatening email. Ans i also do not think you are an intellect. You are not better than anybody else on this thread.

These are just some error in reasoning - Yes! All fallacy..

I don't think I've ever said I'm better than some people, my post was for the coward hiding behind some anonymous email address spitting trash..

I would advise you continue reading this thread for your sister and stop being judgmental!

I wish your sister the very best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
prupru: IELTS OR TOEFLE, which is better for Canada

IELTS it is!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
There is more wisdom in listening than in speaking.."Knowledge gained from observation" (Aristotle, 4th century bce.)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by toucheli(m): 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Amefrica: Shidoshi/Jchi9876..

Don't be surprised how I got to know you were the one that sent me that threatening-email. I'm glad to let you know, the SSS are on your case and you'll be smoked out soon. I have a lot of evidences that I've provided to them and they are trailing you!

You just used your mouth to write a check, your gayey a'ss can't cash.

Next time, you don't mess with an intellectual..
hahahahahaha, bro no offence, no form of victimization or anything of such, but i just couldn't help but to laugh my a*s out while reading this..It looks very much awkward. Just picture your self to be the "Nigerian SSS agent", and i come to report this case to you..

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
Whats good guys.. Quick question.. If you get admission to a college thats starts in january which has 3 semesters can you do only 2 semesters then proceed for your one year msc originally intended msc from sept to august and return for the final semester which you missed.

Multiple answers/opinions are needed.. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Good Evening
Please I need help here, as it's really tasky reading from the beginning of the thread to this end.
I am presently in my final year in an undergraduate course and will appreciate answers to my following questions.

1. How much do i need to have in my bank statement to present to the embassy ( After paying the full tuition fees)?

2. What are the complete and required documents i need to travel to Canada for my Master's? (Forgive me for asking this question as it's very boring reading this thread from the start)

Thanks a bunch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
i am going for graduate program, I am working now although i have no cash in my account but my sponsor have up to N4m fixed deposit and N6m savings and good cash flow current account with closing balance of N1m,,, plz i need advise, is it ok to apply without my statement account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by canadianjanny: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
hi all pls i have a question...seniors in the house pls help...do i go for a 1 yr pg program in human resources in a canadian college (geroge brown, Humber etc) or Thompson rivers university post -baccalaureate in human resources (2yrs diploma).... am looking at the future prospect after graduation.. ......

those that graduated from a 1 yr program from a college in the house what are ur experience like in terms of jobs after graduation...pls shar and advice....
looking forward to prompt replies

thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
amby7: Please does any1 knw hw long it takes for uottawa and carleton to process an admission request? Have applied to Uottawa early this month and I'm hoping to apply to carleton by end of this month.. thanks
Wen i applied to carleton ending of febuary i did not get any reply till i sent a reminder early april and i got my admission three days later.
So it could take up to a month and some weeks but after a month, i'll advice u send a reminder.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Haustraliah: Back on Nairaland,after few weeks vacation.
i was wondering where u went to.... no one has bin keeping track of our chart: Biko resume where u left off grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Princessjo: 5:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Ok House, My Sis was denied Visa, though she has a full scholarship and the reasons were
1 Travel history
2 Purpose of visit

she will be reapplying but I will need u advise on what we need to fix the second time. and yes, she has never travelled outside the Nigeria, married with kids, already has a first Masters,but is going for a second masters, would have preferred to go for P.hd but got denied admission by 2 schools so she opted for Masters. pls kindly advise s on what to fix this time around

Yes she did include a statement of purpose but i guess it didn't really explain why she is going for a second masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by LearnLife: 5:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Princessjo: Ok House, My Sis was denied Visa, though she has a full scholarship and the reasons were
1 Travel history
2 Purpose of visit

she will be reapplying but I will need u advise on what we need to fix the second time. and yes, she has never travelled outside the Nigeria, married with kids, already has a first Masters,but is going for a second masters, would have preferred to go for P.hd but got denied admission by 2 schools so she opted for Masters. pls kindly advise s on what to fix this time around
she shud package herself well an refire...add a statement of purpose and intentions on return to Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:58am On Aug 22, 2014
twaintoy: Thanks. Looking at fall 2015, money never dey.

That's just by the corner. It is better you start your application early particularly if you need funding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:04am On Aug 22, 2014
sys007: Good Evening
Please I need help here, as it's really tasky reading from the beginning of the thread to this end.
I am presently in my final year in an undergraduate course and will appreciate answers to my following questions.

1. How much do i need to have in my bank statement to present to the embassy ( After paying the full tuition fees)?

2. What are the complete and required documents i need to travel to Canada for my Master's? (Forgive me for asking this question as it's very boring reading this thread from the start)

Thanks a bunch

If you think it is tasking reading this part for your good then I don't think you got any business thinking about studying abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:09am On Aug 22, 2014
jckeme: Hello House, quick question pls.

I'm working on merging my documents together for uploading. While using Adobe Reader (PDF) to shrink my documents, I get the option to shrink using "Adobe 9.0 or later", and some other options up to "Adobe 6.0 or later". If I choose "Adobe 9.0 or later", the file size will be small which is good. If I choose "Adobe 6.0 or later", the file size will be reduced but not small enough.

I dunno what version of Adobe reader will be used to open these documents cus if I use a recent version to shrink, a PC with an old version might not be able to open the documents.

So the question is, "Which one do I use?"

Thank you!

Use the most recent one you have access to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by canadianjanny: 6:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Pls I need I put from d house on this my matter pls

canadianjanny: hi all pls i have a question...seniors in the house pls help...do i go for a 1 yr pg program in human resources in a canadian college (geroge brown, Humber etc) or Thompson rivers university post -baccalaureate in human resources (2yrs diploma).... am looking at the future prospect after graduation.. ......

those that graduated from a 1 yr program from a college in the house what are ur experience like in terms of jobs after graduation...pls shar and advice....
looking forward to prompt replies

thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2014
brade: Been reading this post silently. I am not even a visa aspirant or anything but i am reading because of my sister who is currently studying in Ghana.

Oga Brade, with all due respect, u disappointed me, walahi!
This is a thread for heaven's sake, and everyone is entitled to dia own opinion, if u ask for an advice,and someone says wat u don't like, its wisdom to ignore the person n sheer stupidity to pick up a quarel with the person.

Personally,i dnt think anyone on this thread is acting too big or claiming to know it all, with the way u guys are acting of recent u will end up making pple on this thread stop giving advice, since all some pple will do is tag them 'over sabi' or proud.
(Afterall, no one pays anyone for advice on this thread,so y take it so serious wen u ar given an advice u believe is bad)

NO ONE IS BAD, we all av some amount of good running in us, lets undastand our differences!

Pls lets stop all dis, we sud b more matured dan all dis.

If someone givs u an advice u dont lik pls ignore it for peace to reign.

PS: Oga Touchelli n Oga Amefrica, pls u guys sud reconcile ur differences for God's sake n as u do so, God's mercy will not delude u.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.