Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,851 members, 7,969,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:58 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (856917 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg: Nigerians like making things difficult for themselves i swear. I just marvel at the comments of people in here. Everyone keeps asking what to do, how to do it, which documents to present, how to apply e.t.c e.t.c . The whole thing is very easy people. Just go to CIC website, take an eligibility test, a result will be displayed showing which documents to submit, how to submit it. Then you just gather those documents and proceed to the application proper. THATS ALL.
Forget what people tell you on NL, they make it seem like hell, they make you waste time looking for documents that the embassy didn't ask you to come with, they make you feel afraid of the whole process as if you're applying to enter heaven or something, whereas applying for a visa should be a fun and easy thing. To tell you how must people on NL don't even know the real visa application process themselves, a commenter was advising a naive individual that the visa waiting time is 2 months, when infact the wait times indicated on the CIC website(the authority involved) is max 34 days(mind you, you could even be given visa within a week or two), but people here make you so unnecessarily worried and afraid.

You want real visa application procedures and which documents to present? go to CIC.

Not all the documents are listed on cic website.most of the documents needed are listed on nigerian vfs website.sometimes,most people want to listen to those who have pasted through the process; without do a research themselves even to search for canadian schools is difficult for some people.there's nothing wrong asking questions here but something is wrong when you start depending on nairaland members opinions.we should always have at back of our mind that every visa application is treated differently.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cronsberg: 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chatters:

Please don't mislead anyone with the information you pasted here. Wait times for student visas differs depending on country. It appears you didn't do your research well. Nigeria has a wait time of 4 months. Perhaps the information you got was for another country. Next time, do some intensive research before pasting information you know little or nothing about.
you are the one that should do further research. The wait time i pasted is genuine, go to visit visa wait time and see. The only mistake i made was not indicating that 34 days applies only to visit visa applications. I still stand my ground on the "you don't need any other document other than the one indicated on the document checklist". The document checklist is more than enough proof of your intents and genuineness. E.g, the checklist says you should present either bank statement, or bank drafts, or employment letter/pay slips, business registration and tax clearance (as proof of funds). some of the above plus marriage cert, land certs e.t.c as binding ties to your country. itinerary (return plane ticket, travel route and plan for visitors), Admission letter and tuition receipt for intending students e.t.c Point is, every document you need is listed in the checklist. Every extra document suggested by anyone else is just unnecessary baggage that won't help at all. The document checklist covers everything you need to help your visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
jjwaterfalls:

Thanks a lot. I was almost thinking I was 4goten.
Pls is a person is alrEady a nurse and wants to comE ovEr to do a rEgistered Nurse/ bachElor in sci in nursing which is usually duration of 1 or 2yrs, do u no d lEast amt 4 tuition fEEs, cos I hav gonE thru a lot of wEbsites and all I can see is 2 million and abovE pEr year.
..I reside in Alberta and only universities here offer BsN programs. I know of Lethbridge uni..u would be admitted to the 3rd year of uni. Uni fees are costly especially for international students. you might want to find out if colleges in Ontario offer nursing programs. I don't know much about Ontario cos that's like another country to me. reason I suggested colleges is because they usually have low fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

yeah, could be true, but can also take 3 months. BTW not less than 30 days

True?? grin grin unless we are not talking student visa and it wasn't submitted at the Cvac in Nigeria.. But if the aforementioned applies... Forgerit.. Patience is key.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

@tnuola u're very funny @ the above... grin grin shey Ph.D na by force ni... Moreso you didn't consider the hassles of getting a supervisor... Think Msc is his best bet, of course with a strong SOP.

Please o, I asked a question I did not force him. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Travelling to Toronto in a week's time and never get accommodation yet.. As sch residence never ready, been to homestay, homestaybooking, homestayfinder, airbnb and Sch's off campus site.. Still nothing.. E be lyk say once dey find out am Nigerian, dey no dey respond 2 mail again... sad

#DarisGod... Pls anyone with any other suggestion?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

@amefrica @slimdel and anyone here your inputs please.. Thanks
Lol my sweetie is calling me,, what can I do you for her royal majesty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

lol.. pg diploma is only for students that have completed their masters. PhD shocked ? PhD takes forever to get admission in any country. took my gf, in india, 3 years to get her admission. Unless i do it in Nigeria. think i ll write that convincing Letter u suggested grin

Nope... U got it wrong PG diploma is for people who have completed an undergrad course.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:
Lol my sweetie is calling me,, what can I do you for her royal majesty

Sweetheart please help @miketayo with his little situation.. Your input please.. I already made suggestions based on my little understanding.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg: Nigerians like making things difficult for themselves i swear. I just marvel at the comments of people in here. Everyone keeps asking what to do, how to do it, which documents to present, how to apply e.t.c e.t.c . The whole thing is very easy people. Just go to CIC website, take an eligibility test, a result will be displayed showing which documents to submit, how to submit it. Then you just gather those documents and proceed to the application proper. THATS ALL.
Forget what people tell you on NL, they make it seem like hell, they make you waste time looking for documents that the embassy didn't ask you to come with, they make you feel afraid of the whole process as if you're applying to enter heaven or something, whereas applying for a visa should be a fun and easy thing. To tell you how must people on NL don't even know the real visa application process themselves, a commenter was advising a naive individual that the visa waiting time is 2 months, when infact the wait times indicated on the CIC website(the authority involved) is max 34 days(mind you, you could even be given visa within a week or two), but people here make you so unnecessarily worried and afraid.

You want real visa application procedures and which documents to present? go to CIC.

Give you Canadian visa within a week or two?? Look well it's Canadian thread not Dubai

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

Sweetheart please help @miketayo with his little situation.. Your input please.. I already made suggestions based on my little understanding.. Thanks
I'm trying to read what I've missed then, the thread is running
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ElCapt: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
undecided shocked

but...I ....was....here.....saw......page?......when?....how?... *scratches head*

Who opened the gate? undecided

At this rate a personnel will be dedicated at the Embassy to be monitoring this thread grin .....

That's if they are not doing that already...lol

Evening y'all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
miketayo:

lol.. pg diploma is only for students that have completed their masters. PhD shocked ? PhD takes forever to get admission in any country. took my gf, in india, 3 years to get her admission. Unless i do it in Nigeria. think i ll write that convincing Letter u suggested grin

The pg dip is not only for MSC holders.. Well I only made suggestions based on my understanding more experienced peeps will contribute..
Goodnight
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Beamn4real: Travelling to Toronto in a week's time and never get accommodation yet.. As sch residence never ready, been to homestay, homestaybooking, homestayfinder, airbnb and Sch's off campus site.. Still nothing.. E be lyk say once dey find out am Nigerian, dey no dey respond 2 mail again... sad

Use Kijiji.ca..... Dy mostly don't care if u are a Nigerian, Canadians are generally nice.... I got my accommodation sorted while in Nigeria.... My white landlady has a separate house for rent but she wants me to rent a room in her house with her family cos she likes my person... U should get something good on kijiji. Ca....... Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
cronsberg:
you are the one that should do further research. The wait time i pasted is genuine, go to visit visa wait time and see. The only mistake i made was not indicating that 34 days applies only to visit visa applications. I still stand my ground on the "you don't need any other document other than the one indicated on the document checklist". The document checklist is more than enough proof of your intents and genuineness. E.g, the checklist says you should present either bank statement, or bank drafts, or employment letter/pay slips, business registration and tax clearance (as proof of funds). some of the above plus marriage cert, land certs e.t.c as binding ties to your country. itinerary (return plane ticket, travel route and plan for visitors), Admission letter and tuition receipt for intending students e.t.c Point is, every document you need is listed in the checklist. Every extra document suggested by anyone else is just unnecessary baggage that won't help at all. The document checklist covers everything you need to help your visa application.

What if the person is not married?in that vfs website documents are stated for family ties especially for parents and extended family.even documents for employers or someone outside your family that wants to sponsor you is stated on vfs nigeria website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:
I'm trying to read what I've missed then, the thread is running

Pele.. @miketayo you might need to state your case again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
emperoracro:

hahahhahahhahhahahaha
benfit is more visits
n more questions as someone said earlier
That isn't benefit noni, I thought award is being given out,, u didn't email me again please I can't remember your email add
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:

Give you Canadian visa within a week or two?? Look well it's Canadian thread not Dubai

lol @ look well hahahaha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kcluv2men(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Beamn4real: Travelling to Toronto in a week's time and never get accommodation yet.. As sch residence never ready, been to homestay, homestaybooking, homestayfinder, airbnb and Sch's off campus site.. Still nothing.. E be lyk say once dey find out am Nigerian, dey no dey respond 2 mail again... sad

Try kijiji.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

Pele.. @miketayo you might need to state your case again
Dearie you've answered him already, to chip in something's he can apply for a masters program in another related field or apply for MBA cause even the pgd dey somehow at times but it's not a bad idea at allll
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jjwaterfalls(f): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
saxywale:
..I reside in Alberta and only universities here offer BsN programs. I know of Lethbridge uni..u would be admitted to the 3rd year of uni. Uni fees are costly especially for international students. you might want to find out if colleges in Ontario offer nursing programs. I don't know much about Ontario cos that's like another country to me. reason I suggested colleges is because they usually have low fees.

Ok tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
luvly3:

Use Kijiji.ca..... Dy mostly don't care if u are a Nigerian, Canadians are generally nice.... I got my accommodation sorted while in Nigeria.... My white landlady has a separate house for rent but she wants me to rent a room in her house with her family cos she likes my person... U should get something good on kijiji. Ca....... Cheers

Thanks dear.. I agree, frm experience, dey r actually nice.. Na dz accommodation thingy come dey make me get double mind.. Would do.. Thxs again..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
tnuola:

lol @ look well hahahaha
Hahahaha I shock even Canadian visit visa, the duration is more than two weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
kcluv2men:

Try kijiji.ca

Thxs bro.. Would do.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:
Dearie you've answered him already, to chip in something's he can apply for a masters program in another related field or apply for MBA cause even the pgd dey somehow at times but it's not a bad idea at allll

Ok love.. Osheey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
charles316:

what about post graduate diploma?

Bro, I'll advice with your 7years post grad working experience that you stand a good chance of getting admission in most schools especially if those 7years were spent on related field/industry. Best option, contact graduate directors of schools of interest and explain and your situation.

Best wishes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Slimdel:
Hahahaha I shock even Canadian visit visa, the duration is more than two weeks

I shock pass you. Lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
luvly3:

Lmao.... Slimdel u so funny..... But seriously doh will like to knw as well
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
whats happening here 2nite?? shocked
Is TRV now a bonanza cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
pyhz:
whats happening here 2nite?? shocked
Is TRV now a bonanza cheesy
Oga can't find u on bbm ooo, Bawo ni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Siga: ....Hello World....
wow Doro-Don Siga where art thou bin?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 12:00am On Aug 23, 2014
Slimdel:
Oga can't find u on bbm ooo, Bawo ni

slim i can see u welllwell on my bbm ooo! i don dey jealous u sef grin All the canny dps dey do me make i come quick too grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.