Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,176 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. (3887 Views)

Guys, Why Are You Hating So Much On Ladies These Days? / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! / How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2014
Just thinking out loud. In my opinion guys generally are getting quite lazy these days, when it comes to having quality and intelligent conversations with the opposite sex. They seem to just hide behide social media tools. Can't remember the last time I had a thought provoking decent conversation . Other than, wassup, what r u up to blah blah

#randommusing

10 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by odeku457(m): 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
darkchild1: Just thinking out loud. In my opinion guys generally are getting quite lazy these days, when it comes to having quality and intelligent conversations with the opposite sex. They seem to just hide behide social media tools. Can't remember the last time I had a thought provoking decent conversation . Other than, wassup, what r u up to blah blah

#randommusing

B
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by galadima77(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
r u serious?
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Idrismusty97(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
[size=23]Okay.[/size]
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Rikidony(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
darkchild1: Just thinking out loud. In my opinion guys generally are getting quite lazy these days, when it comes to having quality and intelligent conversations with the opposite sex. They seem to just hide behide social media tools. Can't remember the last time I had a thought provoking decent conversation . Other than, wassup, what r u up to blah blah

#randommusing
HE BROKE UR HEART SORRY angry

8 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Ograke(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
It depends on the calibre of guys you roll with.There are tons of male intelligentsias around.It just takes like-mindedness and maturity to locate them.

They aren't always lousy and loud as the not-really-intelligent ones.

Smart guys tend to be calm,composed,matured and unassuming.They don't pride upon their intellectual prowess.

Maybe you should try out new guys,leave your circle/environment and strike friendship with new guys.

And sometimes in life,like attracts like.So I hope you're also intellectually sound.

Good luck in your search.

17 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
`Okay.
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
@op - learning is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment. i'd rather spent happy time with friends on whatsapp, than to sit with you and debate israel and gaza , all in the name of intelligent conversation..

4 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wat does dis teaches us??
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
Op i beseech go start a convo with a gentle and lonely man... I bet u wud b wow... They are always quiet...

#I am One of d aforementioned
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by hungryboy(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2014

#randommusing
ah wah u ?

1 Like

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Dygeasy(m): 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
Can you blame the guys? What are we faced with everyday on your display pictures? Sensual, half _naked photos and yet you want us to discuss intellectually.

You want make our brain knock? We can't keep switching its focus every now and then. cheesy

disclaimer: I'm typing nonsense and I know. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by vokalguy(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
Dygeasy: Can you blame the guys? What are we faced with everyday on your display pictures? Sensual, half _naked photos and yet you want us to discuss intellectually.

You want make our brain knock? We can't keep switching its focus every now and then. cheesy

disclaimer: I'm typing nonsense and I know. cheesy

I think you and the OP both have a point... so you are not typing nonsense.

At the rate that females post half naked pics of themselves on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc... it will be hard for a guy to have a meaningful conversation with them. First impressions matter and pretty much what you are telling a guy is there is nothing to you apart from your big ass or big boobs.... I mean on the other hand, good conversation goes both ways... its kinda messed up that society nowadays expect the guy to always be the one to initiate the conversation, it should be equal. Ok I am done

4 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Zhozadaemon(m): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
OP, you for real?
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Ograke: It depends on the calibre of guys you roll with.There are tons of male intelligentsias around.It just takes like-mindedness and maturity to locate them.

They aren't always lousy and loud as the not-really-intelligent ones.

Smart guys tend to be calm,composed,matured and unassuming.They don't pride upon their intellectual prowess.

Maybe you should try out new guys,leave your circle/environment and strike friendship with new guys.

And sometimes in life,like attracts like.So I hope you're also intellectually sound.

Good luck in your search.

I agree, the lousy onces seem to be more thou, plus it's not a search # justsaying
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2014
Scyllapatron: @op - learning is pleasurable but doing is the height of enjoyment. i'd rather spent happy time with friends on whatsapp, than to sit with you and debate israel and gaza , all in the name of intelligent conversation..

Intelligent conversations, doesn't have to be News,or current affairs , it's about making an effort to seem interesting, even if your just talking about agege bread. Like I said pple prefer to press there phones than actually talk .
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
vokalguy:

I think you and the OP both have a point... so you are not typing nonsense.

At the rate that females post half naked pics of themselves on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc... it will be hard for a guy to have a meaningful conversation with them. First impressions matter and pretty much what you are telling a guy is there is nothing to you apart from your big ass or big boobs.... I mean on the other hand, good conversation goes both ways... its kinda messed up that society nowadays expect the guy to always be the one to initiate the conversation, it should be equal. Ok I am done

Unclad pictures, really that's your defense. Makes me wonder who your following, not every girl puts up those kinds of pictures u knw. Plus u want girls to start stepping up, but y r u a MAN? Lead we will ff
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Tymax(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Same way ladies only beg for money on social media platforms.

The world has changed.
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by jnrbayano(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Op,

Ograke, a guy above has broken it down for you in a very beautiful way. Kudos to him.

Drawing from his comment, I ask again,

What makes you follow who you follow here on Nairaland?

https://www.nairaland.com/1810789/what-makes-follow-follow-here
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by dBard: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2014
I tend to agree with u@ o.p..
but d oda fellow does make an interesting point. A good discourse is like pingpong; d beta u get, d beta ur return. Wit t me is d best indicator of intelligence., n dat is greatly lacking wen u look@ convos dse days. Does that mean d I.q of peeps is on d decline? it does seem so.
first impression matas as well, if I was t come across ur d.p n u 've up a' notice me' pic on display, I tink dat will t a large extent detrmine at wat level I'll start d conversation, either at d bimbo stage or higher.
can't remember d last time I actually had a stimulating discourse with anyone younger dan 26/27.
can't count d no of times I've seen young couples on dates, each more engrossed in dier phones dan in making any effort t actually interact.
no wonder sex is on d increase, dats d only way dey seem to kip tins interesting. .kip from getting bored.

Just reading d replies t d o.p basically buttresses her point.

It's jst so sad...

1 Like

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2014
Well there's also another aspect to it, take me for example 90% of my posts are on Programming, Matured talks and others, you see that's generally the way I talk when the conversation calls for intellect, but seriously if you see when I chat with babe's, I tend to dumb it down considerably, because a lot of girls find guys like you mentioned boring, its not our fault, am chatting with a babe exposing her cleavage it already tells me the type of conservation to engage. And I keep saying everything on NL is a facade, you'd be surprised the poster who posts rubbish on NL could an enlighten dude who is just embracing a fake persona. Till you really sit down and chat with people honestly on issues you will be surprised in what each guys have to offer. Also try changing the guys you roll with.

1 Like

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2014
dBard: I tend to agree with u@ o.p..
but d oda fellow does make an interesting point. A good discourse is like pingpong; d beta u get, d beta ur return. Wit t me is d best indicator of intelligence., n dat is greatly lacking wen u look@ convos dse days. Does that mean d I.q of peeps is on d decline? it does seem so.
first impression matas as well, if I was t come across ur d.p n u 've up a' notice me' pic on display, I tink dat will t a large extent detrmine at wat level I'll start d conversation, either at d bimbo stage or higher.
can't remember d last time I actually had a stimulating discourse with anyone younger dan 26/27.
can't count d no of times I've seen young couples on dates, each more engrossed in dier phones dan in making any effort t actually interact.
no wonder sex is on d increase, dats d only way dey seem to kip tins interesting. .kip from getting bored.

It's jst so sad...

Finally someone who totally gets me!

Thank you
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=pcguru1]Well there's also another aspect to it, take me for example 90% of my posts are on Programming, Matured talks and others, you see that's generally the way I talk when the conversation calls for intellect, but seriously if you see when I chat with babe's, I tend to dumb it down considerably, because a lot of girls find guys like you mentioned boring, its not our fault, am chatting with a babe exposing her cleavage it already tells me the type of conservation to engage. And I keep saying

everything on NL is a facade, you'd be surprised the poster who posts rubbish on NL could an enlighten dude who is just embracing a fake persona. Till you really sit down and chat with people honestly on issues you will be surprised in what each guys have to offer. Also try changing the guys you roll with. [

/quote] okay, point if correction I am not rolling with nobody, it's the impression I get when a guy walks up to me, it's seems they rather chat, (BBm et al) than talk. Which is just annoying
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by TRADELYN: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by 190theclown: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Tymax: Same way ladies only beg for money on social media platforms.

The world has changed.

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Tallesty1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
how do you reply the guys when they try to chat with you? Some gals do not know how to keep a conversation lively, both online and offline. how do you reply someone who asked you "how are you" with "kk" and expect him to talk to you again? you will always have someone to talk to if you are not annoying and boring.

Guys don't have time for pointless conversation, if it won't lead to anything then it is not worth discussing.

3 Likes

Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Tallesty1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote
author=dBard]I tend to agree with u@ o.p..
but d oda fellow does make an interesting point. A good discourse is
like pingpong; d beta u get, d beta ur return. Wit t me is d best
indicator of intelligence., n dat is greatly lacking wen u look@ convos
dse days. Does that mean d I.q of peeps is on d decline? it does seem
so.
first impression matas as well, if I was t come across ur d.p n u 've up
a' notice me' pic on display, I tink dat will t a large extent
detrmine at wat level I'll start d conversation, either at d bimbo stage
or higher.
can't remember d last time I actually had a stimulating discourse with
anyone younger dan 26/27.
can't count d no of times I've seen young couples on dates, each more
engrossed in dier phones dan in making any effort t actually interact.

no wonder sex is on d increase, dats d only way dey seem to kip tins
interesting. .kip from getting bored.

It's jst so sad...[/quote]My dear, this is a modern day relationship challenge. You must prove to him/her that you are more interesting than his or her smartphone before they could look up from their phone.

Terrible
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
pcguru1: Well there's also another aspect to it, take me for example 90% of my posts are on Programming, Matured talks and others, you see that's generally the way I talk when the conversation calls for intellect, but seriously if you see when I chat with babe's, I tend to dumb it down considerably, because a lot of girls find guys like you mentioned boring, its not our fault, am chatting with a babe exposing her cleavage it already tells me the type of conservation to engage. And I keep saying everything on NL is a facade, you'd be surprised the poster who posts rubbish on NL could an enlighten dude who is just embracing a fake persona. Till you really sit down and chat with people honestly on issues you will be surprised in what each guys have to offer. Also try changing the guys you roll with.

that's right. Just like Musiwa of the politics section.
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by ayando(m): 1:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
Is funny that a lady is saying this when majority of them seem to be less interesting to chat with. Most times, you guys just sit back and wait. Secondly I think some or most ladies are just selfish with their time n intelligence except if you are either dating them or they are getting smtin from you. This is an experiment I carried out and the result was positive. Caveat: my opinion.
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
darkchild1:
Finally someone who totally gets me!
Thank you

darkchild1:
okay, point if correction I am not rolling with nobody, it's the impression I get when a guy walks up to me, it's seems they rather chat, (BBm et al) than talk. Which is just annoying

Like attracts like. You just don't realize it.
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by tpia1: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
darkchild1:

Intelligent conversations, doesn't have to be News,or current affairs , it's about making an effort to seem interesting, even if your just talking about agege bread. Like I said pple prefer to press there phones than actually talk .

Do women actually want guys to talk meaningfully instead of stare at their breasts and butts?
Re: Men Seem Less Intellectually Interesting These Days. by femi4: 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2014

#randommusing
You ve been dealing with the wrong guys. You girls are worse with the "k" tinzs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Love Him Because He Cooks Well / Thread For Ratting Of Dp, "Rate My Dp Over 10. / Can A Son Put His Hand On Her Mother Waist...pics Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.