Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,818 members, 7,933,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars (1975 Views)

Deal With Fulani Herdsmen Like Boko Haram- Reno Omokri Tells Buhari / Captured Boko Haram (ISIS) Leader Can't Pray Or Read Quran (Video) / Gay Marriage Will Help Us Fight Boko Haram, Isis - Obama's Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by topsyking: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
There are several Qur’an verses that Muslims who believe in sex slavery — like those of the Islamic State — point to in order to justify kidnapping young girls and pressing them into sexual slavery:
If you fear that you will not act justly towards the orphans, marry such women as seem good to you, two, three, four; but if you fear you will not be equitable, then only one, or what your right hands own; so it is likelier you will not be partial. (Qur’an 4:3)
And:And also prohibited to you are all married women except those your right hands possess. (Qur’an 4:24)
And:O Prophet! We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have paid their dowries; and those whom your right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to you.
See also 70:29-30. The mainstream Muslim commentary Tafsir al-Jalalayn explains that 4:3 tells Muslims to “marry only one, or, restrict yourself to what your right hands own, of slavegirls, since these do not have the same rights as wives.” The twentieth-century Qur’an commentator Maulana Bulandshahri explains the wisdom of this practice, and longs for the good old days:

During Jihad (religion war), many men and women become war captives. The Amirul Mu’minin [leader of the believers, or caliph -- an office now vacant] has the choice of distributing them amongst the Mujahidin [warriors of jihad], in which event they will become the property of these Mujahidin. This enslavement is the penalty for disbelief (kufr).

He goes on to explain that this is not ancient history:

None of the injunctions pertaining to slavery have been abrogated in the Shari’ah. The reason that the Muslims of today do not have slaves is because they do not engage in Jihad (religion war). Their wars are fought by the instruction of the disbelievers (kuffar) and are halted by the same felons. The Muslim [sic] have been shackled by such treaties of the disbelievers (kuffar) whereby they cannot enslave anyone in the event of a war. Muslims have been denied a great boon whereby every home could have had a slave. May Allah grant the Muslims the ability to escape the tentacles of the enemy, remain steadfast upon the Din (religion) and engage in Jihad (religion war) according to the injunctions of Shari’ah. Amen!

This is by no means an eccentric or unorthodox view in Islam. The Egyptian Sheikh Abu-Ishaq al-Huwayni declared in May 2011 that “we are in the era of jihad,” and that as they waged jihad warfare against infidels, Muslims would take slaves. He clarified what he meant in a subsequent interview:

…Jihad is only between Muslims and infidels. Spoils, slaves, and prisoners are only to be taken in war between Muslims and infidels. Muslims in the past conquered, invaded, and took over countries. This is agreed to by all scholars–there is no disagreement on this from any of them, from the smallest to the largest, on the issue of taking spoils and prisoners. The prisoners and spoils are distributed among the fighters, which includes men, women, children, wealth, and so on.

When a slave market is erected, which is a market in which are sold slaves and sex-slaves, which are called in the Qur’an by the name milk al-yamin, “that which your right hands possess” [Qur’an 4:24]. This is a verse from the Qur’an which is still in force, and has not been abrogated. The milk al-yamin are the sex-slaves. You go to the market, look at the sex-slave, and buy her. She becomes like your wife, (but) she doesn’t need a (marriage) contract or a divorce like a free woman, nor does she need a wali. All scholars agree on this point–there is no disagreement from any of them. [...] When I want a sex slave, I just go to the market and choose the woman I like and purchase her.

Right around the same time, on May 25, 2011, a female Kuwaiti activist and politician, Salwa al-Mutairi, also spoke out in favor of the Islamic practice of sexual slavery of non-Muslim women, emphasizing that the practice accorded with Islamic law and the parameters of Islamic morality.

…A merchant told me that he would like to have a sex slave. He said he would not be negligent with her, and that Islam permitted this sort of thing. He was speaking the truth. I brought up (this man’s) situation to the muftis in Mecca. I told them that I had a question, since they were men who specialized in what was halal, and what was good, and who loved women. I said, “What is the law of sex slaves?”

The mufti said, “With the law of sex slaves, there must be a Muslim nation at war with a Christian nation, or a nation which is not of the religion, not of the religion of Islam. And there must be prisoners of war.”

“Is this forbidden by Islam?,” I asked.

“Absolutely not. Sex slaves are not forbidden by Islam. On the contrary, sex slaves are under a different law than the free woman. The free woman must be completely covered except for her face and hands. But the sex slave can be naked from the waist up. She differs a lot from the free woman. While the free woman requires a marriage contract, the sex slave does not–she only needs to be purchased by her husband, and that’s it. Therefore the sex slave is different than the free woman.”

“IS reportedly enslaves 400 Yazidi women,” Syria Direct, August 6, 2014 (scroll down), thanks to Blazing Cat Fur:

The Islamic State (IS) allegedly captured more than 400 Yazidi women from Sinjar in northern Iraq Tuesday night, reported pro-Kurdistan news Shafaaq News Wednesday.

“IS distributed the captured women to its fighters in the forests of Mosul and Tal Afar,” reported a correspondent for Kuwaiti news channel Aladalah TV on Wednesday.

Yazidis are a religious minority in northern Syria and Iraq who speak Kurdish.

The kidnappings come in the midst of IS’s takeover of Sinjar, the homeland of many Yazidis in Iraq, which began Sunday, causing thousands to flee the region.

The area had been protected by the Iraqi Kurdish military forces known as the pershmerga, but quickly fell against IS’s attacks.

The loss of Sinjar is the first major military setback for the Kurdish forces in Iraq since IS took over Mosul in June.

Meanwhile, thousands of other Yazidis, fearing violence from the Sunni extremists but unable to flee, are stranded on top of Mount Sinjar, dying of thirst.

Sinjar is located on the northern border of Syria and Iraq.

IS’s capture of the area would allow it to have even greater access between its forces in Hasakah in northeast Syria and Mosul in northern Iraq.
This is all according to Islamic law (sharia), but the Guardian won’t tell you about that. They are too busy spreading libels against the Jews in their jihad against Israel.

“Prosperous are the believers who in their prayers are humble and from idle talk turn away
and at almsgiving are active and guard their private parts save from their wives and what their right hands own then being not blameworthy.” (Quran 23:1-6)

Those whom their “right hands own” (Quran 4:3, 4:24, 33:50) are slaves, and inextricable from the concept of Islamic slavery as a whole is the concept of sex slavery, which is rooted in Islam’s devaluation of the lives of non-Muslims. The Quran stipulates that a man may take four wives as well as hold slave girls as sex slaves. These women are captured in wartime and are considered the spoils of war. Islam avoids the appearance of impropriety, declaring that the taking of these sex slaves does not constitute adultery if the women are already married, for their marriages are ended at the moment of their capture. A manual of Islamic law directs: “When a child or a woman is taken captive, they become slaves by the fact of capture, and the woman”s previous marriage is immediately annulled.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/islamic-state-enslaves-400-yazidi-women
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/11/yazidis-tormented-fears-for-women-girls-kidnapped-sinjar-isis-slaves

Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by topsyking: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
For the past week, Khandhar Kaliph’s hands have trembled whenever his phone has rung.
He nervously greeted his daughter, who had been kidnapped when the Islamic State (Isis) overran the Yazidi city of Sinjar. There was a minute of silence, before he broke down sobbing.
“She said she is going to be sold as a slave this afternoon, for $10,” Kaliph said, his tears dropping into the brown dust. “What can a father say to that. How can I help? We all feel so useless.”
Kaliph’s daughter, who he did not want to name, had access to a group phone passed around between other girls imprisoned by the Islamic State in Bardoush prison in central Mosul.

All face the imminent prospect of being married off. Or worse, being used by the jihadis as a sex slave.
“The world needs to know that is where our women are, where they are being enslaved, young and old alike,” he said, sitting in the dirt outside a building site near the Iraqi Kurdish city of Dohuk that he and some 70 other Yazidis are now using as shelter.
Dohuk and the strip of land to the Fishkhabour crossing into Syria are now teeming with Yazidis, who have escaped in the past 48 hours from Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq, where they had been besieged by Isis. Nearly all the Yazidis the Guardian met offered stories of women and girls being kidnapped, or of men being killed in the brutal rampage that has shattered centuries of coexistence in Iraq’s north-west.
“We didn’t know what hit us,” said a man who joined the conversation. “We were asleep one minute, and running for our lives the next.”
Some Yazidi men say they had phoned their daughter or wife’s phone number only to be told tersely by strange male voices not to call again.
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by topsyking: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD FROM ANY WOMENS RIGHTS GROUP SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE TREATMENT OF WOMEN BY MUSLIMS? WHY AREN’T THEY PROTESTING AGAINST THE GUY THAT FUNDED THEM, TRAINED THEM, ARMED THEM AND TURNED THEM LOOSE? OH, THEY DON’T WANT TO BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM AND BARACK MIGHT CUT THEIR BUCKS COMING IN IF THEY WERE TO ACCUSE HIM.
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by Omexonomy: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
These people most be among the most odious vermin nature has created with semen for brainf that is why they love sex like goats.
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by SamIkenna: 6:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
If you think extremist Islamists and liberals are interested in engaging in this convo then I'm sorry you're badly in the wrong place. They would rather bash people who're standing their grounds or who're returning terror for terror. In the end I feel sorry for the willfully blind liberals. They're the ones that are firm believers in alternative lifestyles so when we're all gone or wiped out by ISIS and other Boko Haram look-alikes, I suspect they would return to their real genders in a jiffy. Failure to do so the muhajidins would surgically revert the liberal transsexuals, quatrisexuals, or pentasexuals or whatever the heck they call themselves to their god-given gender. Today, everyone wants to overlook the resurgence of religious barbarism especially in Islam just to appear 'good' to those who despise everything, good or bad, that's not hinged on their extremist religious injunctions. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by Tobbie9(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
I'm beginning to harbor a strong dislike for this religion
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by Tonitelli: 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
So that answers the question that I have had for a long time....which was.....who are the people buying slaves in this dispensation? Its an inhouse thing eh?
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by madamoringo(f): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
Well if America helps again now, guess who will blame them? The same Iraqis. And lots of ibos who say no woman or girls were kidnapped. If America was a single human being, he knows he doesn't get it right all the time, but it does many times or at least tries, if I were him, I will not want to do anything again to help! Who will help this kurds and yaridis now? Who will help them in Iraq? If America and Europe does not lift a finger, all these terrorists will kill all their fellow human beings unfortunately located in that area! If America goes to help, it must respond with stronger and more effective violence like completely obliterating all these people and their assets with heavy bombardments. Who will cry foul? The muslims in northern Nigeria and the ibos in SE Nigeria, the losers who cannot be pacified. They sing the praises of Russia, the same Russia we are told defeated them and killed 3 M ibos in 1970, now Russia is their saviour. Oh well, I wonder who will help the kurds? My suggestion is to send the Eboela jews of Africa to go and liberate them with Russia, why their masters stay at home and corner all the goodies! Who is with me on this plan?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by SamIkenna: 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hmm! Humanity! Please someone tell me how did Ibo or Igbo become Islam/Iraq? A mind is a dangerous thing to waste.

2 Likes

Re: LIKE BOKO HARAM, ISIS Enslaves 400 Yazidi Women,Put them for sale for 10dollars by topsyking: 10:24am On Aug 16, 2014
SamIkenna: Hmm! Humanity! Please someone tell me how did Ibo or Igbo become Islam/Iraq? A mind is a dangerous thing to waste.

(1) (Reply)

[PHOTOS]List Of Al-qaeda's Remaining Leaders / Wife Of Captured B’haram Leader Makes Shocking Revelations To Nigeria Troops / How The Northern Leaders Control Governors In Igboland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.