Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,349 members, 7,920,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (79577 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Unlike Nano-Silver, drugs like ZMapp, TKM-Ebola, Favipiravir have been tested on animals and cure them. There is no proven test of this nano silver to cure the disease.

Why is the health minister not moving to bring in any of these drugs to help the victims.

Pathetic.

Not saying it's a cure.

However, since it's cheap and readily available, with no side-effects - why can't they try it out on these folks?

Anyway, they're just being left there for dead(the ones in Nigeria), with no treatment - so testing it on them should be a no-brainer.

They can test it on one or two people to see how it works.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by nora544: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
duni04:
This entire nanosilver rubbish is a 419 scam.The name of the so called Nigerian scientist based in the US is still unclear, there is a fictituous foundation behind it and the most glaring red flag is that the nanosilver is available online, like the FDA said. These are all features of a well thought out scam. Nigeria's minister of health is the most unintelligent id.iot there ever was.

I have the name of this nigerian Dr. I know it is a big scam, I posted all what I could find with the help of a friend who is a scientist.

I know also the name of this Simon Agwale, has a PhD for Zoology from University in Jos about Parasitology, when you want to know more about him use google and search for Rima E. Laibow.

thank you that you belief me.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
I pray the Nano-silver works.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by musicwriter(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided

The west love Africa to be dependent. That's how they make money. It will be a big dissapointment for them that Africa discover the drug to cure ebola. I have talked about it in details at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html
Africa must rise against neo-colonialism.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by nora544: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
shymexx:

Ma'am, I just found a research paper on the internet that was done by some scientists at US Air Force National Laboratory about: the effectiveness of silver nanoparticles in rendering hemorrhagic fever viruses like Ebola(Monkeypox Virus) ineffective. And apparently this power-point presentation(http://drrimatruthreports.com/wp-content/uploads/Analysis-of-DTRA-Nano-Silver-Study.pdf) just got declassified a few years ago. I'll like to know what you think.

This is the research paper: http://www.nanoscalereslett.com/content/3/4/129

^^^^You can check the power-point link and the research paper. I don't really understand advanced medical terms, that's not my field. So, I'll like to know what you think.

So I will explain it.

When you have ebola on a table and you put this nano silver there than they will kill it like when you wash your hands clor what they make at the moment. It tells nothing that they test it on an animal, it is only the test that it can kill ebola outside of a human body!
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by CocoaOla: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
pussyeater:
Another typical African with no brain
don't ever in Ur life quote me again can u comment on your own foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by CocoaOla: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
pussyeater:
Another typical African with no brain
don't ever in Ur life quote me again cant u comment on your own foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
nora544:
So I will explain it.

When you have ebola on a table and you put this nano silver there than they will kill it like when you wash your hands clor what they make at the moment. It tells nothing that they test it on an animal, it is only the test that it can kill ebola outside of a human body!

Thanks for the clarification, ma'am.

So, what do you think should be done about those with the virus in Nigeria, who don't have the luxury of getting zmapp(since Mapp Pharm is out of supply), or no other treatment for now - apart from being left for dead?

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by lucianohase(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided
They may be right but for them to refuse to give nigeria that serum makes me become suspicious of them and im even seeing this whole ebola thing from the fani kayode's view point :http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/mobile/155456/4/fani-kayode-says-money-bags-sent-late-patrick-sawy.html

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:01am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Not saying it's a cure.

However, since it's cheap and readily available, with no side-effects - why can't they try it out on these folks?

Anyway, they're just being left there for dead(the ones in Nigeria), with no treatment - so testing it on them should be a no-brainer.

They can test it on one or two people to see how it works.
I do not have a problem with the drug being tested on the infected ones.

I have a problem With the Minister of health creating a publicity stunt out of it.

I also have a problem in him not searching for a potent experimental drug available.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by duni04(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2014
http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/THE_FOUNDATION/Events/codex-agentsofdisinformation.html
These are the criminals our minister of health has chosen to deal with, together with their Nigerian 419 collaborator, Simon Agwale.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by jotey(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2014
hollandis:

Did you not hear that America said they will not give the vaccine to Nigeria?
I thought u said u have denounced your Nigerian citizenship... so wat are u doing here? grin
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by nora544: 12:05am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

So, what do you think should be done about those with the virus in Nigeria, who don't have the luxury of getting zmapp(since Mapp Pharm is out of supply), or no other treatment for now - apart from being left for dead?

the problem is the hospitals in nigeria, for this illness you need very good health center that they can get healed.

That is the problem but with the 150 Million naira from Dangote they could build such a high tech hospital
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Mapp BioPharma should be contacted and their challenges should be known. Our government should provide support especially financially.

Tekmira should also be contacted for their drugs to fast track their trial.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2014
nora544:
the problem is the hospitals in nigeria, for this illness you need very good health center that they can get healed.

That is the problem but with the 150 Million naira from Dangote they could build such a high tech hospital

Nigeria doesn't even need Dangote's money. The country can afford to build more than 100 high tech hospitals if those running the country actually care about the people. However, they'd rather loot the funds - dole out crumbs to sycophantic pseuds and illiterates - than do that.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Mapp BioPharma should be contacted and their challenges should be known. Our government should provide support especially financially.

Tekmira should also be contacted for their drugs to fast track their trial.

Even if they were to contact Mapp BioPharma, it's going to be in exercise in futility because the company doesn't own the Zmapp serum. The research funds for the drug and a lot of things involved were done by the US Army. So, it's a US govt drug - not Mapp BioPharma's.

Nigeria should continue to liaise with the US govt - that's the only plausible way, if they want the drug when it's back in supply.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Tassembly(m): 12:16am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Nigeria doesn't even need Dangote's money. The country can afford to build more than 100 high tech hospitals if those running the country actually care about the people. However, they'd rather loot the funds - dole out crumbs to sycophantic pseuds and illiterates - than do that.

And if they build the hospitals,is it the so called 90percent nigeria inexperienced doctors with nothing in their brain, doctors that operate using google producing results of pesticides as possible cure for a virus, you want this so called doctors to work in the hospitals or govt will have to employ foreign professional doctors
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Songitto(m): 12:19am On Aug 16, 2014
Then the dude who made the drug should come out and prove them wrong or right

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by lucianohase(m): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2014
cirmuell: and your point is what?
They are quick to ridicule this drug...
*. Thier Senators petition Obama to cut aids 'cause of gay law
*. Obama left us out of some security aid ish citing some human right abuse ish.
*. We requested for Zmapp, dude said it's not yet ripe for Africa yet went right ahead to send it to Liberia within days...what the phuck is that to you, huh?
What do they really want, when will they start realizing that they can't actually control the world or how things run?
i keep on telling ppl that US is bad! They dnt want to give the Zmapp yet,they were quick to speak against the one that may be effective. US doesnt care about any person except themselves and their interests! If you are not doing their bidding,they will want u to punish u thru any means! IWelll,the blame should on us nigeria! If our govnment had implemented adequate preventive measures,we wont be looking up to US to give us Zmapp. US enjoy it when they see us depend on them!

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by nora544: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2014
duni04: http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/THE_FOUNDATION/Events/codex-agentsofdisinformation.html
These are the criminals our minister of health has chosen to deal with, together with their Nigerian 419 collaborator, Simon Agwale.

It is the same i found out and also about Simon Agwale PhD he has it in Zoology from the university of Jos
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Tassembly:

And if they build the hospitals,is it the so called 90percent nigeria inexperienced doctors with nothing in their brain, doctors that operate using google producing results of pesticides as possible cure for a virus, you want this so called doctors to work in the hospitals or govt will have to employ foreign professional doctors

Have you heard about the word "training" before? It's not rocket science.

There are thousands of Nigerian doctors in diaspora doing fine. Heck, one of the top guys at Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, in Birmingham UK is a Nigerian. So, with adequate training, they should be able to use the tools, if they're readily available.

There's no excuse whatsoever...those running Nigeria are the scums of this earth. They've destroyed more than three generations of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 16, 2014
When did USA refuse to give Nigerian serum? You people will die in your ignorance and baseless talk. Bunch of mouthy i d i o t s!

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:22am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Even if they were to contact Mapp BioPharma, it's going to be in exercise in futility because the company doesn't own the Zmapp serum. The research funds for the drug and a lot of things involved were done by the US Army. So, it's a US govt drug - not Mapp BioPharma's.

Nigeria should continue to liaise with the US govt - that's the only plausible way, if they want the drug when it's back in supply.
BioPharma sent most of the drugs in their possession free of charge to Liberia.

So the drug can be released. The problem I have with this Minister and the President is in action.

They should have been there discussing with the companies finding a way forward.

If the companies say that The President and the Minister have to discuss with the government, then they can do that.

But, sitting in Nigeria doing publicity stunts is disappointing.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: BioPharma sent most of the drugs in their possession free of charge to Liberia.

So the drug can be released. The problem I have with this Minister and the President is in action.

They should have been there discussing with the companies finding a way forward.

If the companies say that The President and the Minister have to discuss with the government, then they can do that.

But, sitting in Nigeria doing publicity stunts is disappointing.

Well, the US govt gave them the pass for that.

And Liberia is America in Africa - that's a US colony, founded by America with African Americans.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Well, the US govt gave them the pass for that.

And Liberia is America in Africa - that's a US colony, founded by America with African Americans.
The Minister is simply not working. Upon over ten million dollars set aside to curb this menace, nothing has been done.

The US government has not said no. Mapp BioPharma said they are low on stock.

Questions like What will it take to produce more? How much will it cost? (They can not bear all the cost)
How long will it take to get ready? What will it take to fast track it? Should have been answered.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The Minister is simply not working. Upon over ten million dollars set aside to curb this menace, nothing has been done.

The US government has not said no. Mapp BioPharma said they are low on stock.

Questions like What will it take to produce more? How much will it cost? (They can not bear all the cost)
How long will it take to get ready? What will it take to fast track it? Should have been answered.

Also, let me just say: since the the serum itself is still experimental and final testing hasn't been carried out - based on the ethical things involved in medicine, you can't really mass produce drugs like that due to side effects, and people suing the whatever company that produces the drug as well. And once you look at the politics involved in things of this nature - it's more difficult than that.

The only thing naij can do, is to manage the virus in the country, and make sure it doesn't spread - till the WHO sanctions drugs for it.

Also, all those who used the zmapp serum and the country it was sent to, signed agreements about being liable for whatever side effects that might come with it, without any benefit whatsoever for compensations - if there are side effects.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by 50calibre(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...if Arabs who don't eat pork could contract swine flu, what made you think nyggahs were free from the plague? grin grin

You know Africans are selfish, and as long as they benefit from an utterly corrupt and despotic regime, the person will automatically become their saviour. For the congo girl, I believe her love for Mobutu stems from what her parents benefited from it, till they had to escape from the country as refugees in 1997. Idi Amin was just GEJ-esque but more charismatic - the Last King of Scotland - Field Marshal Idi Amin was a G! grin Africa sure knows how to breed these folks - and you have to start questioning the people who just sit idly and let these utterly dumb and wicked leaders, with a vacuum for a brain, rule them.

You honestly don't even need to look too far to know how clueless GEJ is - just looking at his pictures should do the magic. And every time he opens his mouth, nothing comes out of it apart from waste product.

Zombie virus would be the deal breaker - with zombie the flesh eaters running around. grin Don't worry, we'll get Deran Sarafian to find a solution to that. cool

A virus which turns people into flesh eating zombies will be terrifying, that is world war Z in reality. It will be cool though, i will go into isolation with about 50 chics and have them all to myself.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:49am On Aug 16, 2014
shymexx:

Also, let me just say: since the the serum itself is still experimental and final testing hasn't been carried out - based on the ethical things involved in medicine, you can't really mass produce drugs like that due to side effects, and people suing the whatever company that produces the drug as well. And once you look at the politics involved in things of this nature - it's more difficult than that.

The only thing naij can do, is to manage the virus in the country, and make sure it doesn't spread - till the WHO sanctions drugs for it.

Also, all those who used the zmapp serum and the country it was sent to, signed agreements about being liable for whatever side effects that might come with it, without any benefit whatsoever for compensations - if there are side effects.
The drug now given as an effort to save dying victims. A consent form is signed by the families allowing the treatment.

So suing will not count. Even if Mass production does not take place, a small scale could be requested by our government, promising to back them up financially, reducing cost risk.

All these is better than the Minister taken no step and sitting on top of 1.9 billion naira.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 16, 2014
50calibre:

A virus which turns people into flesh eating zombies will be terrifying, that is world war Z in reality. It will be cool though, i will go into isolation with about 50 chics and have them all to myself.
PSYCHO!
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by 50calibre(m): 12:51am On Aug 16, 2014
all4naija:
PSYCHO!

Sewer rat!
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2014
50calibre:

Bwahahahaha!!

Aruba beckons - with about 50 chics with massive bums, cuban cigars, and coconut rum cocktails!

And Hawaiian shirts everyday, with GEJ-esque fedora hat - that's the ideal life!

Shiit, Mark Twain lied when he said, "Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” grin
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: The drug now given as an effort to save dying victims. A consent form is signed by the families allowing the treatment.

So suing will not count. Even if Mass productiondoes not take place, a small scale could be requested by our government, promising to back them up financially, reducing cost risk.

All these is better than the Minister taken no step and sitting on top of 1.9 billion naira.

I somewhat agree with you.

Let's just see what happens in the next few weeks...since a few countries are now trying to help, and they can get naij to foot the bills, for whatever they can come up with, or should I say release for public consumption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

81-Year-Old Russian Grandma Comes Back To Life 7Hours After Being Declared Dead / I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / Ene, Emaciated Lady In Ajah Is Rehabilitated (New Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.