Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,614 members, 7,934,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 02:45 PM

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide (64699 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by victorVIC1(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2014
U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suffers huge social media backlash from Nigerians yesterday, over its description of Nano Silver as a pesticide, a drug which was recently announced by the country’s Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu, to be an experimental treatment of patients affected with the deadly Ebola disease.

The FDA’s warning was made on the heels of comments by Chukwu, who reportedly said on Thursday that eight Ebola patients in Lagos will receive an experimental treatment called nano-silver.

The agency said it had received consumer complaints about the Ebola claims. “Individuals promoting these unapproved and fraudulent products must take immediate action to correct or remove these claims or face potential FDA action,” the agency said. Click here for more on FDA’s warning on Nigeria’s Nano Silver

As the US FDA’s warning went viral, Nigerians erupted with outrage on social media as they mostly express the need for their country to protect lives of its citizenry after US declined giving out its’ Zimapp.

One Joseph Anthony writes, “West made a lot of mistakes on the road to there so called “state of art medicines”. We had no opportunity to scrutinize Zmapp. Let’s take a bold step to try something. Nothing is as strong as a proof.

We may try it with rodents and watch out for cultured results or patterns and if we get the gut feeling to proceed based on the results the why not! Let’s ignore everyone. For once let’s look inward for solutions we are not toilet to receive processed products by others.” He ended

Another commentator, who identifies self as Zuby expressed that when an African says he can cure AIDS or Ebola they tell him to shut up, say it’s impossible or not possible without testing it. He stressed that the drug should be offered to one person who already has Ebola and if it doesn’t work then we know for sure it’s doesn’t.

Abidemi Adekunle pleaded with America, saying they should be magnanimous enough to release the very drug that is working for them to other nations now that WHO has authorised the use of experimental drug.

“If its pesticide, we need it that’s all. How do we come about Ebola? In fact I guess they cultured the virus and send it to Africa because we rejected gay marriage. If you could remember that such has been done some years back against China through SARS” says one Anigbogu Okechukwu

From the FDA’s report, it was also revealed that Silver has been in use for centuries. FDA states that over the years, tiny silver particles known as nano-silver have controversially been incorporated into a variety of consumer products such as socks and bedding to help block odors caused by bacteria and mold over.

This is happening at a time doctors and nurses attending to victims of the deadly Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, at Mainland Hospital, Lagos isolation centre, downed tools following allegation of negligence by concerned relatives and associates of the female medical doctor and health workers who contracted the EVD from the late Liberian-American, Patrick Sawyer.

Meanwhile Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, had pleaded with the health workers on the need to get back to during a media briefing in Lagos, yesterday.

Fashola laments that Lagos State was yet to receive the experimental Ebola drug (Nano Silver) and a kobo out of the N1.9 billion Federal Government intervention fund.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ebola-nigerians-blasts-us-fda-for-calling-its-experimental-drug-pesticide/#sthash.qz5Yh9ee.dpuf

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by overhypedsteve(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2014
Not even all of Shakespeare's compilation during his days could match the poem i placed in the literature section to immortalise our frontline heroes sacrificing their life to give us the peace which we now enjoy. I employed all the instruments available to the creative mind of a poet to carve out that poetic masterpiece. But everybody refused to view it. Imagine!
Many of my predecessors have employed the use of poems in immortalising the effort of their country heroes , but mine was neglected. It still lay there in the literature section gathering "dust" as nobody wished to view it. I only got one "like " for the work probably more out of sympathy for my efforts as the writer than for the dying men that my work talked about.
We ve refused to immortalise our heroes we ve even refused to accept them as heroes making heavy sacrifices for our peace. We rather prefer to call them . Human right violators and we prefer to read works done by Americans about their own soldiers. I weep for naija. I weep for me and my poem.
Chai i nor go write that thing again.
https://www.nairaland.com/1860179/avast-poem-brave-young-frontline#25526749

we need the ebola pesticide oh! Obama allow us to drink pesticide. When it is nigerian made ogwu it becomes pesticide. But if its American even through na druggie do am. Them go test and test and test am before them talk. But naija own na im be pesticide. Obama and im mumu.

137 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
overhypedsteve: We need the pesticide.

44 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
overhypedsteve: We need the pesticide.

Yea, we want the pesticide tried out, afterall, theirs was only a mere compound until medicinal efficacy was attributed to it.

47 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Arosa(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
The dongoyaro leave is medicinal it can also be used as pesticide. We should also try it on Ebola.

51 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by danot1030: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
US is becoming useless by the day, let obama go and drink his zmap and leave us to test our pesticide.

177 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by EMANY01(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ignorant and obstinate: there is no deadlier combination.

32 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Let us have our pesticides. And loads of salt too. We are the biggest, baddest black country. How dare you tell us we need common sense. We don't.

Foolish pride.

73 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Dreal1247: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Even if it is humanicide to US. To us. It is ebola treatment drug. WE NEED IT.

44 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by DjAndroid: 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
YES!!!!!! GOD WILL MAKE OUR PESTICIDE WORK FOR US.

150 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by DjAndroid: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
It's like vanguard has removed the story, the link is not working anymore.
Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by size38: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigeria should go develop their own drugs not depending on other peoples sweat and investments. Just yesterday GEJ sacked 16,000 resident Doctors in Nigeria. Have we seen America or any other developed countries do this? Have we seen from other countries where universities and polytechnics were shot down for several months? All these happens in nigeria frequently.

27 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by djeezy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
White foo.ls always thinking they are superior. They believe nothing good can come out of Africa and always want us to come beg them. Shey they were hoarding their Zmapp or whatever it's called. Nonsense.

38 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by iiichidodo: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pesticide kó Fungicide ní....

14 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by SmooshCHN: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
What does a crying baby say to a selfish Old Man?? They both are lost, but one seems to be more found. But sincerely if they don't have anything to contribute to solution, they should shut the f^ck Up.

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by andrewza: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
How did nigeria develop this. They do not have a BL4 lab and have no reported attemptes at trying to counter Ebola? Any case this strain is only 55% fatel more people will die from the flue in lagos than ebola. With 11 cases I would instead spend my resources on tracking down every one they got in to close contacted with. That way you can limt the spread and keep it out the slums.

17 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by chidi2pus(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is really shameful.
It surprises me that we still have universities in this country that offer disciplines such as Med & surgery, Pharmacy,Dentistry,Microbiology nad biochemistry...It is more surprising that in these fields, we have professors and authorities.

Where are the authorities,professors and graduates when you need em?

cry cry cry

43 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
Our Traditional Practitioners said Bitter Kola, US kicked against it.

Our illustrous son who is a medic developed Nano Silver, USA called it pesticide.

To hell with USA!! We are not under their phucking Drugs Agency! In bitter Kola and Nano Silver we trust!!!!

#Africa has come of age
#Nigeria has come of Age

115 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
chidi2pus: m
oboy wetin na?

You just de book space!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Only after the nano-silver drug has been proven to work will we have the clout to 'blast' anyone.

31 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Viruscide ni. Let dem give us Zmapp if they don't want us to use d nano silver. Beginning to av hatred for d America.

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by kimond101: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by expert101(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerians should be scared of America...their scientists developed the virus called Ebola. it's time we start looking for our own solution that will force them to send the drugs to us.

13 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigeria should have know their behaviors since 1960

They do believe that nothing good will come out form africa..

They should leave us alone we'd use the drug like that,.
But I heard the drug is still on test, and they've already conclude that is a pesticide.....chai..... Nawah for this US of A thing,

.. Let them chop there Zmap we'd develop ourz

14 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by chelseabmw(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
I dont even know what to say.... US should be ashame of themselves ......na only war matter them sabi lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by jumzzy448: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
this US are just wicked and heartless people. i don't even know what we've done to them that makes them want to end us all. let them leave us with our nano silver. we love it like that. i pray that the drug works for us.

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by ratiken(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
size38: Nigeria should go develop their own drugs not depending on other peoples sweat and investments. Just yesterday GEJ sacked 16,000 resident Doctors in Nigeria. Have we seen America or any other developed countries do this? Have we seen from other countries where universities and polytechnics were shot down for several months? All these happens in nigeria frequently.

You my friend is a Size 38 FOOL. Stay on topic and stop derailing this important thread

On topic: We need to test out Nano silver before discarding it. The speed at which the US condemned this option supports many conspiracy theories.

86 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by iceberylin(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
they always want to control everything.....but i say Go to Hell

22 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by xp17(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
if you want to shittt on a road, make sure you ain't going to pass that road again. Nigeria don't really need to reply the US in other to use the nano silver.

speaking from common sense, the so called nano silver appears like scam to me. this is just an independent business man who is looking to put more money in his bank . beside, nano Silver was not originally meant to cure Ebola, it was for other unrelated sicknesses, unlike the zmapp which was made just for this purpose .hence, US skepticism should be given a benefit of doubt.

if nano silver must be used, no federal budget or commitment must be made until it becomes the right medicine for Ebola . more so, a plan B (zmapp) should also be seek for, incase this fails .and from the way Nigeria is taking it, I don't see US obliging to our future requests for zmapp, should nano silver fails. perhaps, they are awaiting Nigeria crawling back to them, begging like a baby.

answer for the gods only

27 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide by tonididdy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
who made america god on earth ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Drinks Bottle Of Gin To Impress His Friends, See What Happened Later. Photo / Joyce Ijeoma Begins 72-Hour Massaging Marathon To Break Guinness Record (Video) / 'Now I Can Expose My Face'; Lady Says After Removal Of Head Tumour. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.