Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo (29649 Views)

Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Atouke: 12:33am On Aug 18, 2014
I am in Awe! this gov. Akpabio too much o. The day i visited Akwa Ibom 4months ago i was speechless in the transformation that this governor has brought to Uyo. In my village, several miles from the state capital, he built a brand new access road constructed by setraco with 2 bridges on it. both primary and secondary school all renovated with new additional blocks and a library in the secondary school a luxury i never enjoyed when i attended those sshool.
This is a governor that knows how to use public funds for public good.

His successor needs to focus on ways to industalize the state and create more jobs for Akwa Ibomites.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Wisdytech(m): 12:55am On Aug 18, 2014
So can this segmentically tell us that PDP ROCKS?
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ujoinme: 12:58am On Aug 18, 2014
smiley
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by VolvoS60(m): 1:25am On Aug 18, 2014
I will reserve my comments on the performance of Mr. Akpabio's administration until I get full information on the state's finances and budget. Sadly, the recent pension 'crisis' spoke volumes about what to expect when the full story of the current AKSG is told.

The comments of some posters here denouncing road construction are disturbing. Without in any way holding brief for the AKSG, it should never be forgotten that infrastructure ranks up there with education as the archetypal public good.

It is up to the people of Akwa Ibom to determine if they have been shortchanged by their current government. Time will tell whether these projects being commissioned were smokesecreens for graft and grand larceny.

We will see.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by icebot: 1:39am On Aug 18, 2014
Arguably the best governor in Nigeria! While other governors are sleeping, Akpabio is still delivering the dividend of democracy to the people who elected him even as his tenure as a governor is almost coming to end. AkwaIbom people should be grateful and proud to have Akpabio as a governor. I just hope the next governor embarks on a massive industrialization of the state since the foundation has already been laid.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by lastpage: 2:18am On Aug 18, 2014
This commissioning is good but l think Nigerians, especially Governors, should stop naming everything after the SITTING PRESIDENT, it smacks of HYPOCRISY and ATTACHEE MENTALITY.

Nothing personal against the President himself but...
First, these "developments" were done with tax-payers money, not from the Governor's or president's personal pocket
Secondly, those projects are NOT the personal property of the Governors and should be named willy-nilly, just to curry favor from a sitting President.

Finally, it is better to JUDGE an Office holder (from president to the head of a School/Principal) ONLY AFTER their term in office ENDS!
This way, we can look back and "mark their sheet, then issue a report".

This is why you would never see advanced countries naming monuments after sitting leaders, NEVER!
Nigeria and Nigerians are so lop-sided!
angry angry angry

Lastpage!

Akwa Ibom: Beautiful land, beautiful people! kiss kiss
BTW: Not sure right now but is he the same Governor that made the state Assembly to pass Bills giving him Billions of Naira yearly in cash and property, as retirement benefits? Not sure who that was, right now.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by cjrane: 2:29am On Aug 18, 2014
IGBOSON1: There's more to a boulevard than just a multi-lane highway! Try Sunset Boulevard for a start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ompe8z_48LI

Nnaa,
If this is truly your post, then i must say you posted after a couple of beers because it falls way below you usually powerful content and ideas.

Americans call it Boulevard while Brits call it 'Way'. It is simply a major intra-city road traversing a town.
So, Ozumba Mbadiwe Way in VI is a multi-lane inter-state highway?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 18, 2014
ayusco85: How come goodluck only commissions projects in PDP states? So APC states should go to hell I hate nigerian politics

**Goodluck jonathan, diving Nigeria across ethinic and political line since 2009***

So he should come when not invited ?

No be una dey invite OBJ and Tinubu to commission una boreholes and toilets ?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Emphasis(m): 7:15am On Aug 18, 2014
cjrane:

Nnaa,
If this is truly your post, then i must say you posted after a couple of beers because it falls way below you usually powerful content and ideas.

Americans call it Boulevard while Brits call it 'Way'. It is simply a major intra-city road traversing a town.
So, Ozumba Mbadiwe Way in VI is a multi-lane inter-state highway?

Don't mind him, he is comparing a Sunset Boulevard designed/built even before the 1950s to a Boulevard commissioned in August 2014. Not realising that those trees that beautify the scenery didn't grow overnight..

The Uyo Boulevard in the picture will get more beautiful with time..., as the trees and shrubs are yet to blossom.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 18, 2014
I was at Uyo a few days back and I can say....The roads are wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by theoctopus: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2014
I have been laughing so hard at the bitterness coming from some APC supporters and bigots. This Akpabio achievements is really paining them badly. See how far they are going to try and discredit it. grin

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by rozayx5(m): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2014
theoctopus: I have been laughing so hard at the bitterness coming from some APC supporters and bigots. This Akpabio achievements is really paining them badly. See how far they are going to try and discredit it. grin

grin
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan synonymous to development...
redsquare: Godswill is working, Goodluck is commissioning,,Akwa Ibom is developing and Haters are hating.

Akwa Ibom ayaya. cheesy

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:35am On Aug 18, 2014
GEJ till 2019....
ujoinme: The goodluck jonathan boulevard in Uyo Akwa Ibom state where 16 feeder roads are expected to empty into the boulevard, and the boulevard is designed with room for expansion in such a way that more lanes could be added in future as the city expands.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by anyaikenga: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
and someone is maintaining existing infrastructures in Lagos and planting flowers they say he is working. Akpabio is doing from scratch. i know so.[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by willorie(f): 10:37am On Aug 18, 2014
redsquare: Godswill is working, Goodluck is commissioning,,Akwa Ibom is developing and Haters are hating.

Akwa Ibom ayaya. cheesy

Lol cheesy
Indeed, Akwa Ibom ayaya cool
plus the steady/constant light wink
Haters, na una selves una dey harm tongue

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by sleekman(m): 11:08am On Aug 18, 2014
ayusco85:

Another deranged fellow on the prowl. Its ur father that is mad. Cow like u. Can't u quote someone without insulting? Do u even ve manners at all?

Who is the bigger mumu nw? Ewu
See this ebola carrier and transmitter. Mtchew!
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by willorie(f): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2014
2cato: And what is the essence of not returning gej in 2015

we dn't want Boko Boys to continue bombing
churches, Mosque & Markets
& we dn't want chibok incident again grin
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by 2cato: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2014
willorie:

we dn't want Boko Boys to continue bombing
churches, Mosque & Markets
& we dn't want chibok incident again grin
from ur thinking gej is the one bombing churches and mosque and responsible for stealing the chibok girls.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ayusco85(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2014
sleekman: See this ebola carrier and transmitter. Mtchew!

Yaba left escapee. Yeye dey smell tongue
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by willorie(f): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
2cato: from ur thinking gej is the one bombing churches and mosque and responsible for stealing the chibok girls.

u mean say u no dey listen to news
u no dey hear wetin the Northerners dey yarn?
Was this Boko boys there in OBJ's regime?

Mua want peace.......that's all! sad
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by 2cato: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
willorie:

u mean say u no dey listen to news
u no dey hear wetin the Northerners dey yarn?
Was this Boko boys there in OBJ's regime?

Mua want peace.......that's all! sad
BH has been their since 2002 obj left them to grow and fester while yaradua try his best and fail.
So to u gej has been ruling since 2002 abi.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
ujoinme:

Gov. Akpabio dosen't need anyone defendinghim, his body of work speaks for him. My question still stand do you Know how much your governors pension is?
Then stop defending him all over the thread. It is a well known fact that Akpabio and other governors including mine are set to collect outrageous monies as pension.
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by emmyjunic: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2014
watin con concern me angry
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by sleekman(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
ayusco85:

Yaba left escapee. Yeye dey smell tongue
Abeg suck in that ur smelly tongue jior! Ur saliva equal 10 ebola patients smiley
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Asek1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
Aitee1: undecided

Why u dey do face like that
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Aitee1: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
I bin wan spank d nigga wid ebola den I remember u dey near am grin
Asek1:
Why u dey do face like that
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Asek1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Aitee1: I bin wan spank d nigga wid ebola den I remember u dey near am grin

Lolz
I hope say u wear gloves
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Aitee1: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
I'm immune to it tongue
Asek1:
Lolz
I hope say u wear gloves
Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by ideology(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
kobonaire: That's the sign of a dead boring town .... for example, one could say the same about Zaria grin

You got it wrong, the city's capital is well-planned, lots of good roads, one can move from point to another without using major roads so Traffic is less on major roads.

All The LG's are well linked with lots of alternative routes.
Club houses are located in certain areas not spreading on every street

A visit will explain better

]proudly Akwa Ibomite

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
Goddex: I sometimes wished I were from Akwa Ibom state
We could give you honorary indigeneship if you bring in $500K investment into the state.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo by kobonaire(m): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
ideology:

You got it wrong, the city's capital is well-planned, lots of good roads, one can move from point to another without using major roads so Traffic is less on major roads.

All The LG's are well linked with lots of alternative routes.
Club houses are located in certain areas not spreading on every street

A visit will explain better

]proudly Akwa Ibomite
Ok I stand corrected .... my apologies to all Akwa Ibomites who I may have offended.

I saw pix of your beautiful new stadium, I also know that you all have a beautiful collection of women and so definately a visit is in order ..... just don't take style to serve me though 404 smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Dauke Shares Meal With Soldiers As He Visits Them In The Frontline. PICS / I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor / See How Ambode Is Constructing Over 100 New Bus Stops And Lay Bys Across Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.