Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,627 members, 7,901,928 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” (1151 Views)

Pastor Snatches Wife Of Church Member In Osun / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Afriface: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2014
Ghanaian actress-cum-singer Joyce Dzidzor Nartey is a 27-year-old mother of 2. Nartey, an HIV/AIDS Awareness Ambassador, has said she contracted HIV in her church 7 years ago. Speaking on DSTV’s AfricaMagic channel, Nartey said, “I have lived with HIV/AIDS virus for seven years now. I contacted the disease in 2007. But I’m just a normal person. When people meet me and tend to find out how I’m feeling, I always tell them I’m a normal person.

“I contacted the disease in 2007, through a member of my church. I was to spend a night with him in his house. When he removed his clothes, I saw some kind of rashes all over his body. I was terrified, as I innocently asked him why he was like that. He covered up, saying it was a minor skin infection and that it was nothing serious. But when he wanted to make love to me, I insisted that he must used condom. He told me that he didn't like using condom.

However, when I insisted, he agreed but he never used it. He removed it while entering into me. We did it several times that night. After few weeks, I became pregnant for him. When I told him, I was pregnant, he advised me to abort the baby. But I refused, insisting on keeping the baby. He later warned me that if insisted, I would have myself to blame in future. I never knew what he meant until I was diagnosed HIV positive. He also infected other ladies in the church before he died.”

On her marriage,she added that: “Before we got married, my husband was educated about the deadly disease. But he is also a carrier of the disease. At the moment, medically both of us are negative to HIV virus. This is because we have been put on medication for long. But that does not mean, we should stop taking our medication. Even though we test negative now, we keep taking our medication. We had one child together who did not test positive to HIV because of the medication.

“Marriage for me was normal but they say, in every marriage there are challenges. Things have happened in the past which I wouldn't want to talk about here. Talking about the stigma, there was one day, my seven-year old son came from school and told me to stop that HIV thing that I am doing. According to him, his friends said, they wouldn't play with him because his mum is HIV positive. There are challenges but life must go on.”

http://www.tundeola.com/2014/08/popular-actresssinger-how-i-contracted.html#more

1 Like

Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Alexzy4life: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Truely there r people who doesn't have human sympathy, why will d man have to inffect several people even frm the church b4 he kick d bucket?
Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Afriface: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2014
too sad
Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2014
good 4 her
Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by extremelygolden: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Too bad and this man knew he was a carrier. This is absolutely man inhumanity to man. If not, tell me how else to describe what the man did infecting even fellow Church members and likely other unsuspecting female friends before he died.

God will judge him.

1 Like

Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by baralatie(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
some men wicked o
Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Archildao: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Some People Are Demons In Human Skin
Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by Kanwulia: 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hmmmmm! Not surprised the man is a CHRISTIAN CHURCH-GOER! CHRISTIANS are the chief carriers of HIV all over the world! Fact! kiss

Very touching! What a brave woman.
Her son is the real victim here. He would have to share his mother's cross unfortunately. cry

He would never have a normal childhood.

Glad to know there is a good support group for HIV + people. They can find love and live their lives!

Amen! kiss

Ebola next! We shall CONQUER thee! kiss

1 Like

Re: Popular Actress/singer: “how I Contracted HIV From My Church Member” by tpia1: 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
I hope the man did not get it from a church member, but what he did is inexcusable. Ok, I guess everyone shares the blame.

Lord have mercy sha, so much going on

(1) (Reply)

Why Is This Lady (dyt) tagging Mynd44, R231 And Idowuogbo? / Reasons Why Single Parent Must Cooperate / Growing Up With A Senior Brother Or Sister,which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.