Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training (14860 Views)

Ask The Doctor / The Doctor Said She Should Get Married On Time / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by rill: 9:08am On Aug 20, 2014
Kmaninkworld@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2014
phantom:
let it go to the dogs!! I resisted travelling out a decade ago when I qualified and I regret it now.
my friends urged me to come over to T&T after all I had my MBBS from a recognised institution in Nigeria therefore I didn't need to write their licensing exams.
I just needed to pay the $3500 bond,and of I went.
5000-6000 US dollars per month tax free is decent income scalable to 7-8thousand dollars working extra jobs.
thinking back now, I should have gone. would probably be in the US now,qualifying as an "attending".
the path I took was a mistake!

It's never too late.My hubby was about to do his Part 1 when I encouraged him to up and leave.Theres no insult I didn't receive,they discouraged him and said all sorts.this was 5 years ago. He's now in his final year of residency training in the uk and when he's done,we may move to Canada or Australia.My hubby's almost 40.
It wasn't an easy transition at all,in the beginning we cried,suffered but once he got on his feet,it's been forward ever.UK is not perfect but at least we have peace of mind.
My sister is doing her step 3 in the US,me I've passed my plab 1 and 2.Time waits for no man.Thank God for my parents who insisted on us leaving Naija.
Good luck to the brave doctors though.
Cheers!

10 Likes

Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by widowhusband: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2014
please add widowhusband@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by draries(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2014
dradeoyebukola@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by topsonkay(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2014
Please add.
Deejaytopson@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by lomaxx: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Sent to all.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by brownsoldier(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2014
3rdgreekgod@gmail.com
tnx
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by phantom(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
*********@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Emulti(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
austine4sure2000@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Bigjay2(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Pls send jamiudele@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by damo53(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
lomaxx: Sent to all.
.... Pls send to daamoshood.od@gmail.com.... Thanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by charleymed(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
lomaxx: Sent to all.
please re send. i didn't see it. kelechi.uc@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by omicron(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks OP
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by seunO4: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks bro ..av seen it
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Kcinho(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
obiorakc@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by allycat: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
bibikalamie@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by labodinho: 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
charleymed: please re send. i didn't see it. kelechi.uc@gmail.com

Same here too,maybe gmail issue.Plz resend.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by lomaxx: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sent to all
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by lomaxx: 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
labodinho:

charleymed: please re send. i didn't see it. kelechi.uc@gmail.com
labodinho:

I've Re-sent
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Pls send okdare2002@yahoo.co.uk
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by amaham(m): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
I never see anything oo , resend if possible... amahma4u@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by labodinho: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
lomaxx:

I've Re-sent

Got it,thanks!
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by ozo13(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
lomaxx: Most respectful cephalo-caudal greetings to my chiefs in the house. Straight to the point, the issue of overseas training for the Nigerian doctor has been heralded by a myriad of questions- most unanswered and unattended to. This has necessitated a compendium of what you must know about overseas training as a doctor. I stumbled on an ebook to that effect and it is in the most bit very comprehensive.

So in my usual spirit of doing-the-little-I-can-for-my-fellow-Nigerian-out-there, I'll like to share with medical doctors and students who want to explore career possibilities outside the shores of Nigeria and hopefully come back one day to make the system better than the quagmire it is right now.

The countries covered are United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

For those interested, drop your emails and I'll forward it to you.

Best of luck.
usmanozo@yahoo.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Sajix: 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kindly send to kokanyin@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by benodic: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
masterben2009@gmail.com
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by delikay4luv: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
topsonkay: Please add.
Deejaytopson@gmail.com
grin so fast
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by qmd24(m): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2014
qmd24@yahoo.com

Thanks alot. Got the mail.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by charleymed(m): 1:01am On Aug 21, 2014
lomaxx:

I've Re-sent
seen. Thanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by lomaxx: 1:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Sent to all.
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by leo083: 1:16am On Aug 21, 2014
jayone4real@yahoo.com. Send it abeg...tanks
Re: The Doctor's Guide To Overseas Training by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 21, 2014
hesjay001@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some People Talk Carelessly. / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.